Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #51
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
It could be the opening, you're right, it may not be. I don't know why they'd have to "keep tradition" though. Starting the first film with him as a kid was a logically choice. Batman Begins started with Bruce as a kid. Doesn't mean the sequel with.
Even if the flashback isn't the opening scene (which, come on, it is. They even shot it first) then it would be Spidey catching that thug wearing a Spider-Man mask.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #52
AF3619
WOOO!

You know sometimes i hate when people complain just to complain without knowing if is true or not:
Quote:
Remember Spider-Man 3, probably one of the worst superhero movies, which main issue was to have too many vilains? Same thing here... Electro, Rhino, Osborn, ...
Different decade, same mistakes.
do we know that Normain is going to be GG in this movie or that paul becomesthe rhino? not yet .. but they must complain about everything in the movie when we havnŽt had a trailer yet....

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-IŽll be right there"
Old 05-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #53
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

^^It pays to just wait and see

Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #54
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

^Oh you should see ign's bull cant spell ignorant without ign >.>

Old 05-11-2013, 01:50 PM   #55
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
You know sometimes i hate when people complain just to complain without knowing if is true or not:

do we know that Normain is going to be GG in this movie or that paul becomesthe rhino? not yet .. but they must complain about everything in the movie when we havnŽt had a trailer yet....
People seem to either assume Osborn means green goblin, but I doubt he will be green goblin in is film, maybe a hint at green goblin but that's about it

I doubt Norman will be a villian in this movie, just a mysterious person leading to a 3rd

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-11-2013 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #56
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Getting so excited for this!

Loving that the whole movie's being filmed in NY for the 1st time, that's pretty awesome in itself.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Twitter. Instagram. YouTube. DeviantArt.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #57
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Having three villains is not the main problem from Spider-Man 3.

The main problems with Spider-Man 3 were having:
-The Black Suit story
-Gwen-MJ-Peter triangle (add Harry Osborn and Eddie Brock to that)
-Harry Osborn whole storyline
-Emo Peter, feud with Brock, getting horny, getting sad.
-Terrible terrible dialogues (even J.J is missing something there)

And, of course, the villains:
-Sandman, his daughter
-Again, part of the Harry Osborn story
-Venom, because why the **** not.

Personally, if at least they had kept the Sandman's daughter kidnap by Venom, the whole final battle would have been cooler. Without it, Sandman just becomes evil because "BAD SPODERMAN". I also think that the Construction Site is one of the best scenes I've ever seen in a superhero movie (if you exclude the stupid kid scenes intercalated there).

I think that, having three villains in TASM 2 (which I don't think there are, really) is not necessarily a problem. The problem is if they can't handle them well.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #58
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

-small rant-

these reporters need to get their facts straight, because they keep on saying it rhino when marc didnt tweet rhino but before he even becomes him and as for now im goin to stop looking at the comments because they are soo face palm worthy , that your face would be numb from how many times you facepalmed...

Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #59
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN Spider-man View Post
-small rant-

these reporters need to get their facts straight, because they keep on saying it rhino when marc didnt tweet rhino but before he even becomes him and as for now im goin to stop looking at the comments because they are soo face palm worthy , that your face would be numb from how many times you facepalmed...
Yeah that's why it's better to not read comments at all. People are jumping to the conclusion that he won't become Rhino and that it'll be a nickname, sort of how they said Paul Giamatti was ridiculous choice because he couldn't look badass. Yet, that begs the question, WHAT is in the OSCORP truck? and WHY have Alexsei steal an Oscorp truck to begin with?? If he was just a Russian thug who likes crashing into cars or something along those lines, couldn't they have written a less specific scenario?

Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #60
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbycorwin88 View Post
i made a rhino meme, but it didn't work.

Just picture something funny, and that's what i did.
haha

And every movie in The Dark Knight trilogy juggled 3 or more villains. Crappy writing killed Spiderman 3 not villain overdose.

"Sure thing kiddo, I'll just keep pretending to put food in your mouth and clothes on your gorram back"

Last edited by Ultra Nolanite; 05-11-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #61
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Even if the flashback isn't the opening scene (which, come on, it is. They even shot it first) then it would be Spidey catching that thug wearing a Spider-Man mask.
I'm thinking we get an opening scene involving the parents and then we segue way into Alexsei hijacking the Oscorp truck in present day.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #62
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Yeah that's why it's better to not read comments at all. People are jumping to the conclusion that he won't become Rhino and that it'll be a nickname, sort of how they said Paul Giamatti was ridiculous choice because he couldn't look badass. Yet, that begs the question, WHAT is in the OSCORP truck? and WHY have Alexsei steal an Oscorp truck to begin with?? If he was just a Russian thug who likes crashing into cars or something along those lines, couldn't they have written a less specific scenario?
Agreed and thats why i've always liked it here because its civil for most of the time.
Exactly, in my opinion I believe the suit is in there and its definitely of big importance which tells why there are alot of cop going after them, when you look at the guys they look like trained professionals.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #63
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I'm thinking we get an opening scene involving the parents and then we segue way into Alexsei hijacking the Oscorp truck in present day.
Only way that thug scene makes sense is if it's at the beginning. Especially since it was the first scene they shot in public on the first day of production. I guarantee this chase scene is not the opening.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #64
mayo23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Nolanite View Post
haha

And every movie in The Dark Knight trilogy juggled 3 or more villains. Crappy writing killed Spiderman 3 not villain overdose.
Yeah and I don't see how ASM2 couldn't be better than ASM at this point. ASM pretty much had the performances spot on, which I thought carried the film for the most part. All it needed were more impressive action sequences, a completely fresh story and better scripting.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #65
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Only way that thug scene makes sense is if it's at the beginning. Especially since it was the first scene they shot in public on the first day of production. I guarantee this chase scene is not the opening.
most movies do not shoot in order...

and we have no idea ultimately how long this scene is... it could be quick clips, and only be a minute of the story. We have no idea how integral it is or not.

there's no "only way it makes sense"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 05-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #66
SM71
bending unit

I definitely think Webb and co. have to be intentionally building to have a sinister 6 eventually. Especially with the success of Avengers, I can't imagine they wouldn't love to have an Avengers-type Spidey movie of their own. We'll already have 3, possibly 4 villains that can be included in the s6 by the end of TASM2, barring Rhino and Electro both live like Connors did.

I just love the world Webb seems to be created. It doesn't feel necessarily confined or linear, more of a kind of open world, with villains and characters kinda passing in and out. I know the sequel hasn't even come out yet, but that's just the impression I'm getting from this trilogy

Old 05-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #67
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
And don't butcher the movie's pacing again with Sony's stupid last minute editing either.
That's the biggest concern for the sequel, imo. I don't have a problem with who's writing the script as I did for the last film, but the editing...that's the biggest problem. Heck, the first film, I feel, would be stronger if it had certain scenes in the final cut that were taken out.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:55 PM   #68
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
Having three villains is not the main problem from Spider-Man 3.

The main problems with Spider-Man 3 were having:
-The Black Suit story
Which was part of the villain's story(Venom).

Quote:
-Gwen-MJ-Peter triangle (add Harry Osborn and Eddie Brock to that)
Again added for the sake of the villains.

Quote:
-Harry Osborn whole storyline
Villain.

Quote:
-Emo Peter, feud with Brock, getting horny, getting sad.
Added because of the villain(symbiote).

Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 PM   #69
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
All it needed were more impressive action sequences, a completely fresh story and better scripting.
I'd say the sequel will deliver on these accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Getting so excited for this!

Loving that the whole movie's being filmed in NY for the 1st time, that's pretty awesome in itself.
NY is like a complete character in itself within the Spider-man universe. I hope this comes across in the movie and has an overall effect on the tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
I just love the world Webb seems to be created. It doesn't feel necessarily confined or linear, more of a kind of open world, with villains and characters kinda passing in and out. I know the sequel hasn't even come out yet, but that's just the impression I'm getting from this trilogy
I get this impression as well.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #70
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Which was part of the villain's story(Venom).

Again added for the sake of the villains.

Villain.

Added because of the villain(symbiote).
It wasn't the amount of Villains, it was the AMOUT OF WEIGHT each villain had...

Most fans thought it'd take a trilogy to properly pace out the Symbiote/Venom saga anyway... they crammed the suit, the effects, and venom all into one film (which is an overload as is), add the weight to Harry/Green Goblin and that's just yet even more baggage. And on top of that already over-crowded story line.. they gave Sandman a deep and unneeded character development and study and a personal connection with peter parker that wasn't needed...

you probably could have done Sandman/Goblin together with spidey getting the black suit. but throwing in the entire venom saga, and wrapping up harry's arch was just over-kill

Spider-man Villains don't always need to be tied into peter parker, that's something Raimi didn't understand, giving Ock Connor's Story, and Sandman the burglars, was just over-kill. Some people get great power and behave irresponsibly purposely. Not just because they're tragic.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 05-11-2013, 04:08 PM   #71
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
It wasn't the amount of Villains, it was the AMOUT OF WEIGHT each villain had...

Most fans thought it'd take a trilogy to properly pace out the Symbiote/Venom saga anyway... they crammed the suit, the effects, and venom all into one film (which is an overload as is), add the weight to Harry/Green Goblin and that's just yet even more baggage. And on top of that already over-crowded story line.. they gave Sandman a deep and unneeded character development and study and a personal connection with peter parker that wasn't needed...

you probably could have done Sandman/Goblin together with spidey getting the black suit. but throwing in the entire venom saga, and wrapping up harry's arch was just over-kill

Spider-man Villains don't always need to be tied into peter parker, that's something Raimi didn't understand, giving Ock Connor's Story, and Sandman the burglars, was just over-kill. Some people get great power and behave irresponsibly purposely. Not just because they're tragic.
I am aware of the fact that it was about each villain's story and how each were underdeveloped in their own right, but still, in the simplistic view of it all, it was because of the villains that made S-M 3 the way it was besides a few nitpicks outside of the villains such as the dialogue.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #72
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

The pose, the suit. Everything about this is perfect.

Too bad nothing else looks this good.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 05-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #73
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

^ Dude... Whoa...

Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #74
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

anyone seen more of todays set pics?

Last edited by FN Spider-man; 05-11-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:57 PM   #75
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Yes, the pic of Spidey on the cop car = PERFECT. So is the Giamatti pic Tweeted today. Love the Russian gangster look.