The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 09:59 PM   #26
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Superman saving Lois And Zod jumping head first into the jet gets more awesome every time I see it.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #27
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jor-El talking to Superman?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:01 PM   #28
SuperAl
Superman's back!

I gotta stop watchin these spots

Old 05-12-2013, 10:02 PM   #29
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That shot of the oil rig fire explosion is masterful.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:05 PM   #30
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

I wonder if Jor-El's "You can save them" line is to Council or Zod regarding Krypton's pending doom or something similar. We have all seen the Birthright-esque shot of Supes in space looking at what appears to be Jor-El and Lara through a portal or wormhole or whatever. I just can't help but think that the impact of that scene will be greatly minimized if Kal-El has an interactive relationship with a Donner-style Jor-El A.I. in the Fortress. Thoughts?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:12 PM   #31
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm sure I have said something similar before but I'll reiterate that I love how they are playing up Supes being a badass mofo in the T.V spots.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #32
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
I wonder if Jor-El's "You can save them" line is to Council or Zod regarding Krypton's pending doom or something similar. We have all seen the Birthright-esque shot of Supes in space looking at what appears to be Jor-El and Lara through a portal or wormhole or whatever. I just can't help but think that the impact of that scene will be greatly minimized if Kal-El has an interactive relationship with a Donner-style Jor-El A.I. in the Fortress. Thoughts?
He is talking to Supes... We can see his cape

Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #33
kendalag
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think you're right about it being Jor El talking to either Zod or the Council. It's a line that will make people assume it's to Kal El, but clever editing is probably being done.

edit ... okay, I didn't see closely, but if we can see his cape, maybe it is to him.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #34
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

So on the West coast, and checked, and I didn't see the Survivor Spot. Unless of course you lot gave me the wrong time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm sure I have said something similar before but I'll reiterate that I love how they are playing up Supes being a badass mofo in the T.V spots.
In no way does that describe Kal-El, Clark Kent or Superman.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #35
mackblack01
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
I gotta stop watchin these spots
It's really hard.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #36
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
So on the West coast, and checked, and I didn't see the Survivor Spot. Unless of course you lot gave me the wrong time.

yes it does if you dont think superman is a bad ass something is wrong with you

Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #37
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
yes it does if you dont think superman is a bad ass something is wrong with you
Badass implies an attitude of some sort or even a mean streak. That is not who he is.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:20 PM   #38
DKDetective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendalag View Post
I think you're right about it being Jor El talking to either Zod or the Council. It's a line that will make people assume it's to Kal El, but clever editing is probably being done.

edit ... okay, I didn't see closely, but if we can see his cape, maybe it is to him.
Dang. I just noticed that in the slightly better quality recording. Yeah, and I forgot about the "keep testing your limits" line. That only makes sense if Kal-El can actually interact with Jor-El's message/AI copy. It seems omniscient Space Dad is back. Dang, I was really hoping they would do things differently than Donner in this particular aspect.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
fanboiii
disciple of truth

lol badass is slang. it doesn't imply anything. it's used as loosely as "cool" and could simply mean he's tough.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #40
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
lol badass is slang. it doesn't imply anything. it's used as loosely as "cool" and could simply mean he's tough.
I know people don't like to actually use terms correctly (see use of the word epic), but Batman is the bad ass, Superman is the boy scout.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I'm fine omniscient space dad. A pre-recording that has all of Kal-El's answers isn't refreshing to me.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #42
DKDetective

Quote:
Badass implies an attitude of some sort or even a mean streak. That is not who he is.
Not necessarily at least in the way I SEE SPIDEY is seeming to use it. She seems to be using it in the tough, no non sense, fight for what you believe way. Superman has often been depicted as having no time of day for bad people and a bit of a temper when it comes to them. Eg. Golden Age Superman and his social crusading, Morrison's revival of that trait in the New 52, and Reeve's Superman tossing Luthor around and calling him a "diseased maniac" in STM.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #43
Project862006
Banned User

that is why people hate superman you need to show a mean streak and need to show him kicking ass thus making him a bad ass

Old 05-12-2013, 10:27 PM   #44
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
He doesn't look more aggressive in battle than the past onscreen versions to you???

I suppose the marketing could be lying to us but I doubt it.

You need to get the Bat out of your brain, I'm not in anyway referencing Batman.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-12-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #45
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Not necessarily at least in the way I SEE SPIDEY is seeming to use it. She seems to be using it in the tough, no non sense, fight for what you believe way. Superman has often been depicted as having no time of day for bad people and a bit of a temper when it comes to them. Eg. Golden Age Superman and his social crusading, Morrison's revival of that trait in the New 52, and Reeve's Superman tossing Luthor around and calling him a "diseased maniac" in STM.
None of that falls in the idea of "badass". Batman hanging someone upside down, threatening their life while screaming pray to me is badass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
that is why people hate superman you need to show a mean streak and need to show him kicking ass thus making him a bad ass

Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #46
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
I know people don't like to actually use terms correctly (see use of the word epic), but Batman is the bad ass, Superman is the boy scout.
Technically, Superman is considered a badass sometimes for what he's able to accomplish (like launching Zod into space with an uppercut) in the heat of battle.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #47
Jim-El
"My Son"

<---Me loves me some Donnerverse.....AI Crowe all day long!!

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 05-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #48
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
None of that falls in the idea of "badass". Batman hanging someone upside down, threatening their life while screaming pray to me is badass.
Yeah, to you. Slang is open to interpretation. Superman punching aliens and shooting lasers out his eyes can be easily called badass. You're being needlessly anal about a generic word.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #49
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
He doesn't look more aggressive in battle than the past onscreen versions to you???

I suppose the marketing could be lying to us but I doubt it.
That is different. Superman can get angry. He can be drawn stopping hundreds of missiles while his eyes glow red. He can even scream in pain and anger. He can walk slowly at a criminal until they run out of ammo.

But his personality is not that of a badass.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:33 PM   #50
Jim-El
"My Son"

As for Superman being a bada$$...That was one of the MAJOR disappointments of the Routh Superman...To me, the script made him a peeping tom, out of wedlock father, and a sniveling wimp. The Snyder Superman WILL answer that disappointment with what we are all waiting for! A RESPONSIBLE AND KIND bada$$...

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Closed Thread