The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #76
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I swear sometimes the discussions that take place on here border outright parody.
Seriously.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #77
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith would do the same thing. He isn't a badass.
We aren't talking about Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith. We're talking about Zack Snyder's badass-mofo Man of Steel.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #78
Super Kal
Side-Kick

holy crappin crap, the marketing for the movie exploded like a nuclear bomb...

Old 05-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #79
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Slightly better version of the latest spot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9hHC_chNvY

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #80
fanboiii
disciple of truth

DarthSkywalker never admits when he's wrong. There are grammar-nazis, but I didn't know there were slang-nazis.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #81
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I tried explaining this to him yesterday, but he wasn't able to grasp the concept. Perhaps it's a cultural misinterpretation issue since he resides outside of North America?
I honestly have no idea who you are, and I live in the states. We had a conversation about this yesterday?

Old 05-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #82
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
DarthSkywalker never admits when he's wrong. There are grammar-nazis, but I didn't know there were slang-nazis.
He be straight up trippin, brah.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #83
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Hello.
Is it me you're looking for??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #84
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
We aren't talking about Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith. We're talking about Zack Snyder's badass-mofo Man of Steel.

That is cute.

Quote:
This is hiliarous coming from you.

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #85
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #86
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Superman is tough. He gets angry. He does ridiculously awe inspiring things. He is the guy that talks a young girl off a roof.

The whole need for him to be "badass" is why so many are fixated on him punching people and using heat vision.

Jimmy Stewart's Mr. Smith would do the same thing. He isn't a badass.
well duh lol

people here and the general audience want to see a tough muscular imposing superman who can get angry and punch villians in the face aswell as use heat vision it is something we haven't seen and somehing many having been hoping to see for years

Old 05-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #87
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
das cray cray, mane.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #88
X Knight
Straight Edge

I don't see why Superman can't be both a big blue boyscout AND a badass mofo.

doesn't mean he has to go around threatening people Batman style. but, when you threaten innocents and/or the people he loves, he WILL kick your ass...........LIKE A BOSS!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:59 PM   #89
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Don't know if this official or not.

http://oxforddictionaries.com/defini...adass?q=badass

Though given this definition Superman's actions can be badass, but I most definitely wouldn't describe him as badass.
I think we're using the second adjective definition. That's what I usually mean when I say that someone is "badass." It's a positive thing.

If someone is needlessly/overly tough and aggressive, I call him a jerk.

I think there's a bit of boy scout Superman and hard-ass Batman in all of us, including Supes and Bats themselves. I'm a very kind, helpful, optimistic person, but I also weightlift. If someone wants to take advantage of me thinking I'm some weak chick, they are going to get one nasty, nasty surprise. I don't see the need to compartmentalize people in such broad strokes.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #90
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

Are you singing Lionel Ritchie songs to Showtime?!?

Old 05-12-2013, 11:02 PM   #91
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Hello.
I'm stopping the convo from my end because it is ridiculous. I know how ridiculous it is and I'm done.

Thanks to the people who stuck up for me and understands slang.

I wonder how much trouble I would have gotten into if I said that Superman looked like a pimp during that slomo walk towards the camera shot?

Moving on...

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:04 PM   #92
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
That is cute.
Yes, it's very cute. I appreciate your response to the gif, but I'm still waiting for your response to my comment. I won't hold my breath, however; perhaps a non-reply like "that's cute" is the closest anyone will ever get to making you admit that you're wrong.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #93
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm stopping the convo from my end because it is ridiculous. I know how ridiculous it is and I'm done.

Thanks to the people who stuck up for me and understands slang.

I wonder how much trouble I would have gotten into if I said that Superman looks like a pimp I'm that slomo walk towards the camera shot?

Moving on...

Old 05-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #94
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
well duh lol

people here and the general audience want to see a tough muscular imposing superman who can get angry and punch villians in the face aswell as use heat vision it is something we haven't seen and somehing many having been hoping to see for years
And just because he is a tough, muscular imposing alien, that doesn't change his nature. It is what separate Superman from everyone else, including Steve Rogers.

Not that I didn't use to go around calling Superman badass. When I was younger that is exactly how I would have described the "Step outside" scene in Superman II. Or even when he handled the bully in the bar.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #95
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

So it seems they clearly took the "Superman speaks with Jor-el pre final battle" scene from Abrams script.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #96
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

Ahh the 70's...

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #97
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
Yes, it's very cute. I appreciate your response to the gif, but I'm still waiting for your response to my comment. I won't hold my breath, however; perhaps a non-reply like "that's cute" is the closest anyone will ever get to making you admit that you're wrong.
If that is how I describe Snyder's Superman after seeing MoS, I am going to think something went very wrong.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #98
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
And just because he is a tough, muscular imposing alien, that doesn't change his nature. It is what separate Superman from everyone else, including Steve Rogers.

Not that I didn't use to go around calling Superman badass. When I was younger that is exactly how I would have described the "Step outside" scene in Superman II. Or even when he handled the bully in the bar.
this right here is your problem no one in this thread said superman was'nt a good natured young man and a boy scout we just said he can also be a bad ass you act like us saying he is a bad ass somehow makes supes not a boy scout aswell

Old 05-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #99
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Are you singing Lionel Ritchie songs to Showtime?!?
of course!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #100
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Oh, **** me! Will this never end?

I'm fixing to ask Show to ban me or something.

Closed Thread