The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #76
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,096
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Angel's Fred?
Isn't she too frail looking to play Jessica Drew?

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #77
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,099
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
i'd love to see a bunch of actors that have worked with Whedon before:

David Boreanaz, Alyson Hannigan, Adam Baldwin, Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Charisma Carpenter, James Marsters, Anthony Stewart Head, Seth Green, Eliza Dushku, Alexis Denisof, etc.
They might as well just put the MCU into the Buffy & Angel Universe

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #78
batdude
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Albq. New Mexico
Posts: 1,470
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Eliza Dushku as Spider Woman

batdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #79
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Burbank Buy More
Posts: 132
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

What I would like to see in Agents of Shield (hereafter referred to as "Team"):

Iron Man cameo - Wouldn't even have to be RDJ, but simply Coulson and another agent having coffee (at the cafe where Steve Rogers was in The Avengers deleted scene) and Iron Man arrives at Stark Tower. Of course, Iron Man 3's ending could make this difficult, but since RDJ signed on for A2 and A3, well it's pretty much a given Iron Man will appear again, in some form or another. But, this would be a good way to tie to a major character, without requiring an in-person appearance from one of the Avengers.

Nick Fury cameo - We have to have Director Fury, and I would go so far as to say he would do regular cameos. But, it might be in the form of video conferences with the Team, the occasional check-in kind of thing, where he hands down a big assignment for the Team to investigate. But, since he is the Director, and since Level 7 is pretty high up there, I can't imagine a show where zero interaction takes place with the "big boss".

Steven Rogers cameo - This most likely handled via references and alluding to Captain America. Because The Winter Soldier isn't out yet, they aren't going to want to give away too much on Cap's mission. But, Cap is intregal to SHIELD, so I imagine we'll get alot of name dropping or references to The First Avenger. Plus, as the series progresses, and the release of Winter Soldier gets closer, they might find some ways to tease the new film, with a tie-in episode.

Hawkeye cameo - Hawkeye (IMO) has gotten the least attention of all the Avengers (with Widow being in IM2 as well as CA2) so Agents of Shield could be a way to get a bit more Hawkeye story / character development. Maybe an episode where the team is tasked to assist Barton, and in turn, Barton gets to teach these green agents how to be better in their work for SHIELD.

Introduction of HYDRA, development of AIM - We've made it through All of Phase 1 and Iron Man 3, and the only bit of Hydra we got, was from WWII. Agents of Shield would be an opportunity to introduce the modern era HYDRA, with tons of low-level baddies for the TEAM to fight, without digging too deep into territory that should be covered in a Captain America story.

Furthermore, since IM3 introduced us to AIM, and we all know AIM isn't going to simply disappear that easily, I gotta think Agents of Shield can cover some ground in fleshing out AIM, and even dealing with the aftermath of IM3.

Gratuitous Name Dropping - Not sure how much wiggle room Agents of Shield will have, but some name dropping of other heroes would be nice. For example, Coulson talking about a new web-slinging hero in town...or a newspaper article we see in a shot which has a story about some mutants in upstate New York...some references to The Fantastic 4 or Reed Richards. But, it will entirely depend on how Marvel/ABC can work out some details with Sony on stuff like this. Sony & Fox have the rights, but does that mean that Agents of Shield have to pretend like these other glaring, New York based hero entities don't exist?

Charles Xavier cameo - A complete and total longshot, but wouldn't mind seeing an episode where the team encounters a mutant, and at the end, hands the mutant over to a bald man in a X-wheeled wheelchair, similar to the Jean Gray episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Wouldn't even have to show his face, or have him speak. Again, depends on what sort of agreement Marvel/ABC could reach with Fox.

Introducing characters and B/C grade villians of The Marvel Universe - Agents of Shield has an opportunity to expand the Marvel Cinematic universe exponentially, and create some tie-ins and introductions, which haven't been handled in the movies, and most likely won't be. For example, Ray Parks (Living Lazer), Donnie Gill (Blizzard), and The Maggia are all parts of Iron Man mythology (and for someone like Blizzard, he crossed paths with other heroes too, not just Iron Man) which likely won't get time on the big screen, but could be addressed in Agents of Shield, by introducing the character (before they become the super-villian) or referencing them. Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne could be handled this way as well, and the same goes for the nation of Wakanda.

There's my wishlist!

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #80
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,445
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
Of course, Iron Man 3's ending could make this difficult,
Really, I don't get why people keep saying this. *Tony Stark did not retire*. Nothing in the ending of IM3 implied that he was going to stop being Iron Man.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #81
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
What I would like to see in Agents of Shield (hereafter referred to as "Team"):

Iron Man cameo - Wouldn't even have to be RDJ, but simply Coulson and another agent having coffee (at the cafe where Steve Rogers was in The Avengers deleted scene) and Iron Man arrives at Stark Tower. Of course, Iron Man 3's ending could make this difficult, but since RDJ signed on for A2 and A3, well it's pretty much a given Iron Man will appear again, in some form or another. But, this would be a good way to tie to a major character, without requiring an in-person appearance from one of the Avengers.

Nick Fury cameo - We have to have Director Fury, and I would go so far as to say he would do regular cameos. But, it might be in the form of video conferences with the Team, the occasional check-in kind of thing, where he hands down a big assignment for the Team to investigate. But, since he is the Director, and since Level 7 is pretty high up there, I can't imagine a show where zero interaction takes place with the "big boss".

Steven Rogers cameo - This most likely handled via references and alluding to Captain America. Because The Winter Soldier isn't out yet, they aren't going to want to give away too much on Cap's mission. But, Cap is intregal to SHIELD, so I imagine we'll get alot of name dropping or references to The First Avenger. Plus, as the series progresses, and the release of Winter Soldier gets closer, they might find some ways to tease the new film, with a tie-in episode.

Hawkeye cameo - Hawkeye (IMO) has gotten the least attention of all the Avengers (with Widow being in IM2 as well as CA2) so Agents of Shield could be a way to get a bit more Hawkeye story / character development. Maybe an episode where the team is tasked to assist Barton, and in turn, Barton gets to teach these green agents how to be better in their work for SHIELD.

Introduction of HYDRA, development of AIM - We've made it through All of Phase 1 and Iron Man 3, and the only bit of Hydra we got, was from WWII. Agents of Shield would be an opportunity to introduce the modern era HYDRA, with tons of low-level baddies for the TEAM to fight, without digging too deep into territory that should be covered in a Captain America story.

Furthermore, since IM3 introduced us to AIM, and we all know AIM isn't going to simply disappear that easily, I gotta think Agents of Shield can cover some ground in fleshing out AIM, and even dealing with the aftermath of IM3.

Gratuitous Name Dropping - Not sure how much wiggle room Agents of Shield will have, but some name dropping of other heroes would be nice. For example, Coulson talking about a new web-slinging hero in town...or a newspaper article we see in a shot which has a story about some mutants in upstate New York...some references to The Fantastic 4 or Reed Richards. But, it will entirely depend on how Marvel/ABC can work out some details with Sony on stuff like this. Sony & Fox have the rights, but does that mean that Agents of Shield have to pretend like these other glaring, New York based hero entities don't exist?

Charles Xavier cameo - A complete and total longshot, but wouldn't mind seeing an episode where the team encounters a mutant, and at the end, hands the mutant over to a bald man in a X-wheeled wheelchair, similar to the Jean Gray episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures. Wouldn't even have to show his face, or have him speak. Again, depends on what sort of agreement Marvel/ABC could reach with Fox.

Introducing characters and B/C grade villians of The Marvel Universe - Agents of Shield has an opportunity to expand the Marvel Cinematic universe exponentially, and create some tie-ins and introductions, which haven't been handled in the movies, and most likely won't be. For example, Ray Parks (Living Lazer), Donnie Gill (Blizzard), and The Maggia are all parts of Iron Man mythology (and for someone like Blizzard, he crossed paths with other heroes too, not just Iron Man) which likely won't get time on the big screen, but could be addressed in Agents of Shield, by introducing the character (before they become the super-villian) or referencing them. Hank Pym & Janet Van Dyne could be handled this way as well, and the same goes for the nation of Wakanda.

There's my wishlist!
Arthur Parks not Ray Parks.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #82
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Burbank Buy More
Posts: 132
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Arthur Parks not Ray Parks.
Yep, my bad.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #83
Frico
Detective
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,808
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

I'd like to see Mockingbird, Shang-Chi, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), Luke Cage and Moon Knight. And Hawkeye at his absolute best.

For Moon Knight though I've pictured a scene in which one of the SHIELD agents orders a cab and we the viewer see the taxi driver's license as Jake Lockley, one of MK's aliases. There are several ways to work in a number of character's IMO.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman



Frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #84
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Angel's Fred?
Isn't she too frail looking to play Jessica Drew?
She didn't look frail as Beatrice in Much Ado about Nothing to me. She had vulnerability but that's not the same as being weak especially when she was verbally eviscerating anyone who crossed her.

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #85
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.
 
StreetWarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 737
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

I'd like to see Adam Baldwin (Chuck, Firefly) introduced to the MCU at some point. Here could be the place. He's always typecast as a g-man/soldier type.

EDIT: Oh, we're doing characters? I guess it'd be cool to see Fury's Secret Warriors. They may be relatively obscure but it makes perfect sense for S.H.I.E.L.D to recruit capes to be special agents. Here would be an organic way to introduce them.

Also, now that the rights have reverted back to Marvel/Disney, the Punisher would be a great subject for a relatively low effects-required cameo episode.

I love Moon Knight too but the supernatural elements might not mix well with a show loosely based on an espionage organization.

__________________
"If you shoot, you're a killer. If you don't shoot, you have a death on your conscience. A death you could have prevented"
"What kind of a choice is that?"
"The one I make every time I pull the trigger"

Last edited by StreetWarrior; 07-29-2013 at 03:31 PM.
StreetWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:08 PM   #86
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,785
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Considering recent developments (and aforementioned tension) with Fox, it is highly unlikely - dare I say impossible-that the MCU will be bridged with the FCU. Sony, on the other hand, has shown to be willing to work with Marvel (consider how the Oscorp Tower almost made it into The Avengers.) I would not be surprised to see a reference to the Bugle or everyone's favorite web-slinger.

Who I would like to see:

-Howling Commandos (or descendents/analogues.)
-Hawkeye
-Fury
-

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #87
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,681
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Character i would like to guest star in an episode is Loki

__________________
STAR WARS
Returns 2015


Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #88
Loki882
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 9,926
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Mockingbird (as a scientist/spy hybrid), Spider-Woman (antagonist at first, then an ally), Luke Cage (team up with team occasionally), Madame Masque (recurring villain), AIM and HYDRA. Fury/BW cameos if possible (Jackson would probably do it, not sure about Scarjo). Carol Danvers (military contact/set up to become Capt. Marvel in future films).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #89
TheUnknownX
Find x.
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 88
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Luke Cage, Carol Danvers, Maria Hill, Spider-Woman

TheUnknownX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #90
Dr. Evil
Gamora
 
Dr. Evil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 37,635
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUnknownX View Post
Luke Cage, Carol Danvers, Maria Hill, Spider-Woman
Maria Hill is already going to be in the pilot.

__________________
Hulkamania is back, brother!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:32 PM   #91
Frico
Detective
 
Frico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 8,808
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Honestly, I feel like Mockingbird and Shang-Chi should be a shoe-in for this show...maybe even join or be recurring characters. Mock being one of SHIELDS top operatives and current member of the Secret Avengers. Also Shang being former MI6. Great opportunity to have them make their MCU debuts.

__________________
Affleck. Cavill. Gadot.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman




Last edited by Frico; 08-02-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #92
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 311
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Man-Thing, Punisher, Mockingbird, Taskmaster, Madame Hydra, Cloak and Dagger.

__________________
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE:
PHASE 3
2015 - Ant-man
2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #93
DN91
Star-Spangled Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 526
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
I'd like to see Adam Baldwin (Chuck, Firefly) introduced to the MCU at some point. Here could be the place. He's always typecast as a g-man/soldier type.

EDIT: Oh, we're doing characters? I guess it'd be cool to see Fury's Secret Warriors. They may be relatively obscure but it makes perfect sense for S.H.I.E.L.D to recruit capes to be special agents. Here would be an organic way to introduce them.

Also, now that the rights have reverted back to Marvel/Disney, the Punisher would be a great subject for a relatively low effects-required cameo episode.

I love Moon Knight too but the supernatural elements might not mix well with a show loosely based on an espionage organization.
I could see him playing a senior vet hardass SHIELD Agent (like many of his characters).

Most importantly, Mockingbird & Taskmaster are two characters I'd really love to see on AoS.

__________________
Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 4/4/14
DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #94
Zarex
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,418
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

HIM and the origin of Adam Warlock.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #95
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed
 
NewYorkSpider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 23,184
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Hawkeye

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #96
Wontkins
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 161
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Tim Roth should make an appearance. It would be nice to see what the Abomination has been up to.

Wontkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #97
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Tim Roth should make an appearance. It would be nice to see what the Abomination has been up to.
He's been working as a human lie detector.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #98
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 311
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wontkins View Post
Tim Roth should make an appearance. It would be nice to see what the Abomination has been up to.
A character like Abomination would be too expensive for a TV budget.

__________________
MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE:
PHASE 3
2015 - Ant-man
2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #99
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,190
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Nick Fury is a must. Samuel L. Jackson is amenable to appearing and has even suggested that they use Fury like Charlie in Charlie's Angels, the disembodied voice on the other end of the line who confers with Cheese Coulson and gives his team missions on occasion.

Samuel Sterns/The Leader would be a great guest star. We know he's bobbing around the MCU with his enormous cranium and matching intellect. Perhaps he could come to SHIELD's attention because of some scheme of his. The Leader has been known to use mind control to force other superhuman subjects to carry out his plots, which could be a good way to use him.

It would be nice to see minor heroes such as Jack of Hearts, Cloak & Dagger, Hellcat, Jessica Jones (since Loeb screwed her over), Tigra, etc. They could even use SHIELD to do backdoor pilots for Marvel shows if they want.

xeno000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #100
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?
 
Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: FL
Posts: 6,096
Default Re: What guest stars would you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericadawn16 View Post
She didn't look frail as Beatrice in Much Ado about Nothing to me. She had vulnerability but that's not the same as being weak especially when she was verbally eviscerating anyone who crossed her.
I'll have to check her out in that, I haven't seen it yet.

__________________
"A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it."
-- Peter David
Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.