The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #126
Bren
Forevernoob

Default Re: Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

He is a a test subject for The Vision Programme. inserting the human personality of long-time unaware and physically dead Coulson into a new robotic body (which has upper but un-'super' human limits) every time he 'dies'.

They then say "he mustn't know" (or something like that) because part of the test programme is to ensure the 'human' personality cannot tell it's in a robot body or that it 'died'.

However, Coulson foreshadows discovering his android state when he says to Stark "this isn't my first rodeo".

When Ultron goes mad he tells Coulson what humans did to him, but Coulson remains loyal to humanity and gets upgraded to help in the fight. Vision is born.

I hear it's called 'spitballing'

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #127
mocomic
Philistian by choice

My hope is that Coulson going forward is either human or has been the Dr Horton android all along. Have always found Phil a little dry and unemotional in human interactions . Would be unhappy if going forth he's a LMD . His hero worship of Steve Rogers makes me think he is the Torch. Also having original cards are something a emotionally young being who was around in the 40's would have. Kind of like the hero worship we have seen in Phil's interactions with Cap. I think Joss had a master plan all along.

I suppose we'll see this fall. There are a lot of ways all this can go. Hey guys , isn't this fun. Make mine Not Brand Ecch , Forbush man will save us.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #128
xeno000
Raining hell from above

The Agent Coulson featurette

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #129
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm still going with brought back to life my alien device with bad consequences.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #130
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
I'm still going with brought back to life my alien device with bad consequences.
I would vote for Fury selling his soul to Mephisto to bring Coulson back but apparently magic is off the table. The MCU's goats will go unsacrificed.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #131
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Nah, it was clearly Evil Superboy pounding on the walls of reality. Things on Earth #616 got a little f***ed up.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #132
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

What would be cool on this show is not only references of the Marvel Universe, but DC's as well.
I can see Coulson comparing super powers of the different heroes to explain a new hero.
I can see both Sgt. Fury and the Howling commandos along side a Sgt. Rock image in other words too

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 08-25-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #133
mocomic
Philistian by choice

Ok, there is a clip showing Phil walking towards flames where they seem to extinguish . Seems rather Torch like to me. Also supposedly Ron Glass says something to the effect , he still doesn't know. Perhaps knowing he's not a real boy is counter productive ala Pinocchio . Anyways I guess Tuesday will tell. Hope this is a hit, would love an Agent Carter show. Agent Carter the Shield files sounds like a winner title.

mocomic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:21 AM   #134
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocomic View Post
Ok, there is a clip showing Phil walking towards flames where they seem to extinguish . Seems rather Torch like to me. Also supposedly Ron Glass says something to the effect , he still doesn't know. Perhaps knowing he's not a real boy is counter productive ala Pinocchio . Anyways I guess Tuesday will tell. Hope this is a hit, would love an Agent Carter show. Agent Carter the Shield files sounds like a winner title.
To me, that scene, I *think* he's simply watching a holographic reconstruction (going in revserse) of an explosion that they're investigating (possibly an Extremis related explosion?)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #135
Loki882
Side-Kick

Coulson survived through the power of his own badassery.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #136
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
To me, that scene, I *think* he's simply watching a holographic reconstruction (going in revserse) of an explosion that they're investigating (possibly an Extremis related explosion?)
ooh...I forgot about Extremis. Man, I gotta get used to the whole movie/TV lore cross over now.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:17 PM   #137
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

My guess is, he is either a LMD, or he's a clone. Either way I think it's pretty clear that the Coulson we knew is dead.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:00 AM   #138
Rich Santoro
Addicted to degeneracy

I am afraid you are correct. I personally prefer the "real" Coulsen surviving via super-psuedo-medical-hi-tech that occurs off-screen (as mentioned ad nauseum, there were some medics that arrived just after Coulsen's "dying" words to Fury).

I so much prefer the same guy be involved the whole way. The personality, the experiences, the direct involvement in events are what shape the character... so I prefer it to be "him" still. But I can't help but think that it will be a clone scenario ala the "6th day".

Rich Santoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #139
LuisTX85
Z

Any guesses when the truth will be revealed?,I'm thinking mid season last or return episode but probably will be season finale

Old 09-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #140
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
He is a a test subject for The Vision Programme. inserting the human personality of long-time unaware and physically dead Coulson into a new robotic body (which has upper but un-'super' human limits) every time he 'dies'.

They then say "he mustn't know" (or something like that) because part of the test programme is to ensure the 'human' personality cannot tell it's in a robot body or that it 'died'.

However, Coulson foreshadows discovering his android state when he says to Stark "this isn't my first rodeo".

When Ultron goes mad he tells Coulson what humans did to him, but Coulson remains loyal to humanity and gets upgraded to help in the fight. Vision is born.

I hear it's called 'spitballing'
Pretty much what I'm thinking.

Hotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #141
Kindred
Newbie First Class

I'm not sure If anyone has talked about this yet, but there was something regarding Coulson in the Pilot that I just found really weird... "It's a magical place..." watch every scene that Coulson refers to being in Tahiti. Could be something... Asgard maybe ?! just my 2 cents...

Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #142
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
I'm not sure If anyone has talked about this yet, but there was something regarding Coulson in the Pilot that I just found really weird... "It's a magical place..." watch every scene that Coulson refers to being in Tahiti. Could be something... Asgard maybe ?! just my 2 cents...
Now that would be great, but it's doubtful. More likely, poor Phil has been mentally programmed with a cover story that he repeats whenever his death and resurrection are mentioned. Like The Manchurian Candidate. Or Whedon was repeating himself.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #143
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Coulson was easily the best part of the pilot. I loved that scene where he was like "DON'T EVER TELL ME THERE'S NO OTHER WAY!" He was epic in that moment.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #144
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

I don't think we will ever see the Avengers (or at least the current lineup) on the show. Whether or not they will know that Coulson is still alive remains to be seen.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #145
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
My guess is, he is either a LMD, or he's a clone. Either way I think it's pretty clear that the Coulson we knew is dead.
It seems pretty probable, but I wouldn't say for sure yet. It's possible they did something to Coulson to bring him back that Coulson would be horrified at, hence why they're keeping the secret from him.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #146
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Maybe they sold his soul to Mephisto and that will set up the plot for the next Thor movie:

Thor: The Soul of Coul

Old 09-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #147
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Coulson was the best part of the episode. Clark did a great job.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:55 PM   #148
kguillou
Side-Kick

I don't see how realistically the Avengers would NOT know Coulson is alive, he's not exactly hiding in the shadows. When they confronted Peterson, he was right out in the open in front of probably hundreds of people. He's flying around in a hover car. How long will it be before Tony or Steve or even Hawkeye and Black Widow realize that Phil's running around with these other SHIELD agents stopping disturbances?

kguillou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #149
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
I don't see how realistically the Avengers would NOT know Coulson is alive, he's not exactly hiding in the shadows. When they confronted Peterson, he was right out in the open in front of probably hundreds of people. He's flying around in a hover car. How long will it be before Tony or Steve or even Hawkeye and Black Widow realize that Phil's running around with these other SHIELD agents stopping disturbances?
That will have to be addressed somehow. I think he's an LMD, its really that simple and sad but I'm ok with that. I don't want him to be Vis.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #150
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Absolutely. Sooner or later they are going to find out.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote