The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #226
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

They are not gonna retcon X3.

But I'm happy that they will explain how Professor X will return from the ashes.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:05 AM   #227
Binker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
They are not gonna retcon X3.

But I'm happy that they will explain how Professor X will return from the ashes.
That's good. And me too, at least that post-credits scene won't be there for nothing. I still like to know more about what Days of Future Past is all about (film version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
I agree I actually liked X3,only issue i had was how Dark Pheonix was handled im sure Singer would have done a better job.
Yeah he was going to these:

- The opening to X3 was similar to Close Encounters, with reports of people seeing bright lights at the now dried up Alkali Lake.

- The Phoenix was a god-like entity that saw herself above everyone else, and Jean had one aim: resolve mutants' affairs. No more X-Men, Brotherhood, or any other fights; she would take things into her own hands

- The ending would see the Phoenix doing something similar like the Starchild from 2001: as she can't be killed, she decides to leave and create life somewhere else (cue Watchmen reference). But before she leaves, she tells X3's main character, Cyclops (yeah, that's right) that she'll be watching.

There is more info, but that would defeat my "Last Stand was still good" statement, lol

Last edited by Binker; 06-03-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:55 AM   #228
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
That's good. And me too, at least that post-credits scene won't be there for nothing. I still like to know more about what Days of Future Past is all about (film version).

- The opening to X3 was similar to Close Encounters, with reports of people seeing bright lights at the now dried up Alkali Lake.

- The Phoenix was a god-like entity that saw herself above everyone else, and Jean had one aim: resolve mutants' affairs. No more X-Men, Brotherhood, or any other fights; she would take things into her own hands

- The ending would see the Phoenix doing something similar like the Starchild from 2001: as she can't be killed, she decides to leave and create life somewhere else (cue Watchmen reference). But before she leaves, she tells X3's main character, Cyclops (yeah, that's right) that she'll be watching.

There is more info, but that would defeat my "Last Stand was still good" statement, lol
Your so informative,lol. That does sound alot better than the direction they were headed with X3, i wish they were someway that they could remake the Dark Pheonix Saga but i feel like I may be reaching.

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:12 AM   #229
JP
Smelly

Some of Bryan's friends:

‏@lesterw1 30 May On location with @BryanSinger in Montreal. Action shots being filmed today. Looking forward to the next few days (and nights) here!

@lesterw1 31 May
Indeed a great night out in Montreal with @BryanSinger, @jjmiller2 @Jeremy. Now where did I put the Tylenol?

Lester Waters
Had a great dinner last night with Tom Desanto, Kyle Justin Leatherberry, Bryan Singer, Dan Studney, Jordan Lawhorn and David Gorder. Just around the corner from Montreal City Hall which is beautifully lit at night.

‏@jjmiller2 31 May What does a person wear when going to dinner with the director of X men.. #stress #wardrobeemergency

Last edited by JP; 06-03-2013 at 05:37 AM.
JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #230
BMM
Side-Kick

DeSanto? Interesting. Just about everyone involved in this franchise has been around, one way or another.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 05:35 AM   #231
JP
Smelly

And David Gorder was an associate producer on X2 and 3.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #232
JP
Smelly

Now what would require these actors/writers/producers to fly to Montreal and have dinner with Singer?

Old 06-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #233
BMM
Side-Kick

Exactly. I'm really curious to see what they have in store for the franchise.

Last edited by BMM; 06-03-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #234
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Tom Desanto having dinner with Singer I find very Intersting.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #235
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

wow Tom is back? good news.

Btw, RE: John Carter. I loved that movie. I don't care that it didn't make money. Taylor was great in it and he'd be great in a Gambit solo film.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #236
Angamb
Banned User

I loved John Carter too.

and it did great on the foreign market, its just the **** USA who didnt support. no offense to USA, right?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 AM   #237
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Well it wasn't marketed appropriately. When you're going to intro a new franchise like that, it's not enough to simply say: 'hey, you know all those scifi movies you love? They all ripped off this story'. Which is what they did. Even if it was true it wasn't a successful marketing pitch.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #238
Angamb
Banned User

Prince of Persia had the same bad luck.

It worked decent on foreign market but didnt work on USA (again)

Old 06-03-2013, 12:32 PM   #239
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
It worked decent on foreign market but didnt work on USA (again)
USA is actually the more important country to impress it seems

Old 06-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #240
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, and the hardest one too.

damm, USA citizens!!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #241
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I loved John Carter too.

and it did great on the foreign market, its just the **** USA who didnt support. no offense to USA, right?
No, it didn't. Fast & Furious 6 has already grossed over $300 million. Iron Man 3 has almost grossed $800 million. That's impressive overseas support. $200 million from the entirety of the foreign market is not something to write home about, especially for a movie that was supposed to be as big as John Carter. In other words, no offense taken.

Old 06-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #242
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
it wouldn't make much difference, if he was in his late 20s he would be in his 50s now, if he was a teen which is getting desperate lets be honest because he doesn't look like a teen and he is almost shown to have been through alot in life, can fly a plane ect ect, but even if he is a late teen he would be in his 40s now

but alright, i wouldn't bank up hopes though
Film aging is a whole hell of a lot different than real life aging. Audiences will buy it just having an older actor in place.

Look at Star Wars. Alex Guinness in the original trilogy is way more than 20 years older than Ewan McGregor from the new trilogy.

Quote:
Just to say: I hope the rumor isn't true that X-Men: The Last Stand isn't retconned; I must be one of the few who liked it, and I'am saying WHILE KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT SINGER'S X3 WAS GOING TO BE ABOUT FROM BEGINNING TO END. But doesn't mean Last Stand was bad, IMO. If one X-Men movie eeds to be retconned, it's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
None of the movies are being retconned. And that's a good thing. None of them should be retconned.

And I'm one of the few who liked X-Men 3 as well. And one of the even fewer that enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Quote:

Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of the direction that was rumored for Singer's X-Men 3. I like the ideas and the direction of the Phoenix we got better. I just don't think it was fleshed out as well as it could have been.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #243
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
Film aging is a whole hell of a lot different than real life aging. Audiences will buy it just having an older actor in place.

Look at Star Wars. Alex Guinness in the original trilogy is way more than 20 years older than Ewan McGregor from the new trilogy.

None of the movies are being retconned. And that's a good thing. None of them should be retconned.

And I'm one of the few who liked X-Men 3 as well. And one of the even fewer that enjoyed X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

Oddly enough, I'm not a big fan of the direction that was rumored for Singer's X-Men 3. I like the ideas and the direction of the Phoenix we got better. I just don't think it was fleshed out as well as it could have been.
You realize all we have are a few quotes/ideas from a film that never got past the treatment phase. Fleshing things out is something comes with, ya know, writing the actual script.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #244
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
You realize all we have are a few quotes/ideas from a film that never got past the treatment phase. Fleshing things out is something comes with, ya know, writing the actual script.
I'm talking about the X-Men Phoenix that we got not being fleshed out enough.

I don't like the overall idea that was rumored for Singer's X-Men 3. I.E. star child goddess and all that.

I like the psychic barriers / Jean went nanners idea better. They just needed to do more with it.

Nell2ThaIzzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:17 PM   #245
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm talking about the X-Men Phoenix that we got not being fleshed out enough.

I don't like the overall idea that was rumored for Singer's X-Men 3. I.E. star child goddess and all that.

I like the psychic barriers / Jean went nanners idea better. They just needed to do more with it.
Wait they actually wanted to do some alien entity thing with Jean Grey in X3?

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:19 PM   #246
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
No, it didn't. Fast & Furious 6 has already grossed over $300 million. Iron Man 3 has almost grossed $800 million. That's impressive overseas support. $200 million from the entirety of the foreign market is not something to write home about, especially for a movie that was supposed to be as big as John Carter. In other words, no offense taken.
200m in the foreign market is considered a decent hit.

All x-men movies has done around 200m, and many other new movies have done around 200m, and they have gotten a sequel.

The problem is when USA doesnt get 200m.

Just because some franchises are getting 800m or more, it doesnt mean the ones getting 200m arent a hit.

Captain America didnt get 200m in the foreign market, and its getting a sequel. Same as Batman Begins, which didnt reach 200m in the foreign market.

So if Marvel, Fox and Warner gave the greenlight to sequels to X-men 2, FC, Captain America and Batman Begins we can tell they were decent hits in the foreign market, to these studios.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:22 PM   #247
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Wait they actually wanted to do some alien entity thing with Jean Grey in X3?
No. They discussed the idea of Jean Grey becoming so powerful that, in the end, even if she wasn't around, she would always be watching

Old 06-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #248
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I think the Singer version of X3 would have fitted better with the general tone of the series at that point. It would have made a more sincere, rousing finale to the trilogy.

In fact, if Singer had directed The Last Stand it would have been better, no doubt.

But no use dreaming/wishing, what's done is done. The main problem with The Last Stand was making it sound and feel like the final X-Men movie.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:08 PM   #249
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I was so sad when I thought TLS was going to be the last X-Men movie.

DOFP is like a dream to me. *****ing Bryan Singer directing the X-movie with Sentinels. I've been dying to see that!

Old 06-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #250
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

TLS is what made me stray away from x-men, thinking that there will be no more movies...nothing to look forward to since fox killed off my fave characters.

Now with DOFP, I have hopes that Singer is going to fix the mistakes that Fox and Ratner did with X3. Im glad he is helming this since he made two good X men films from the start.

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote