The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #326
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Did they really need to In the Avengers have Stark confront Loki In penthouse? Of course not that was done to give Downey more screentime against Loki.Iron Man In films anyway Is most popular Avenger.Just Like Wolverine has always been the most popular
X-Man.
well the difference between jackman and Downey is that jackman is always on screen, Downey is only on screen when he is out of the iron man suit, so they had to give downey some big moments to shine mostly because it would just be stunt men and close ups of his face all through out and Downey needed more then that

with Xmen wolverine basically did everything, it wasnt a case of he wasnt in it enough it was a case of they were either to scared to not use him alot or the writers didn't really care about any other character

its ironic actually because i read today jackman said the problem with origins was more like an X4 then a wolverine film and was more about them then being a story about who wolverine is

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #327
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool
 
Daybreak_st's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,623
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Singer had nothing to do with the third film.

Cyclops was shortchanged in X2, but certainly not in X1.

And this looks ten times more interesting that FC.
In X1 he's taken out by Toad, belittled by Wolverine and at the end saved again by Wolverine. Then when they're trying to devise a plan to save Rogue they all make excuses like "STorm taken him out" "my powers don't work that way" or "Cyclops hit him" "I might miss", so again it's all up to Wolverine to save the day. Even though you have the brotherhood Wolverine faces off against three of the four members, will full on fights with both Mystique AND Sabertooth. What's the point in having a team if they're all inept except for one guy, the new guy. It makes you wonder how they even had a functional team before Wolverine joined up.

So yes Cyclops had more screen time in X1 but he was still marginalized. It's sad because I think he was perfectly cast.

__________________
Check out my blog for art updates http://stephenscomicgenius.blogspot.com

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages


Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #328
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Did they really need to In the Avengers have Stark confront Loki In penthouse?
Yes, because he was the only villain. Everyone confronted him. Cap in Germany, Thor in the Forrest, Hawkeye in the intro, Black Widow in the Cell and IM +Hulk in The tower.


Last edited by def28; 06-05-2013 at 06:35 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #329
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 19,474
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
If you still don't understand, let me repeat what I've been saying why FOX should continue with the original cast after DOFP is released.
No…they really shouldn’t.

As far as I’m concerned, DOFP should be Fox’s way of apologizing for “The Last Stand,” allowing most of the Original cast to bow out with a great movie and not Ratner’s terrible film.

I much prefer the idea of another FC film, one that would actually give characters like Scott and Ororo good character development for once. But in an absolutely ideal world, this franchise would be rebooted from scratch. In a world even better than that, the franchise would go home to Marvel/Disney.

IMO, as good as X1/X2/FC were, this franchise has NOT lived up to its potential. This is the X-Men. They WERE Marvel’s second biggest franchise, and yet characters like Iron Man and the Avengers have passed them in terms of relevance and box office dollars. I blame Fox for that entirely.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
People always claim that Batman's villains are more interesting than he is. Even in the comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #330
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 19,474
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Yes, because he was the only villain. Everyone confronted him. Cap in Germany, Thor in the Forrest, Hawkeye in the intro, Black Widow in the Cell and IM +Hulk in The tower.
This.

The idea that Downey was just as domineering over the Avengers film as Jackman over the entire X Franchise is just hilarious.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
People always claim that Batman's villains are more interesting than he is. Even in the comics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon sexton View Post
Yeah but those people are ****s more or less. :o
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #331
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
That's what people said before DOFP. All I've heard from them in interviews is how excited they are to be asked back.
Yeah I don't know why some people here always think its impossible to bring them back for another film. No one from the OT cast said they are tired of doing these X-Men films.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #332
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkham Island
Posts: 5,147
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

The First Class team cannot draw the same money that the Original Trilogy team does. It is possible to do a sequel to First Class and then (or before) an X4. I know there's a small faction that wants the Original Trilogy team gone, but, there's a large group that enjoys the OT team and wants to see more of them.

__________________
I will forgive the writers of Man of Steel, if Superman is the Enlightened Sun God he is supposed to be, in Superman vs. Batman,
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #333
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The First Class team cannot draw the same money that the Original Trilogy team does
i have to say i disagree with this

first class has great patential for another film and can make just as much as an X4

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #334
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
No…they really shouldn’t.

As far as I’m concerned, DOFP should be Fox’s way of apologizing for “The Last Stand,” allowing most of the Original cast to bow out with a great movie and not Ratner’s terrible film.

I much prefer the idea of another FC film, one that would actually give characters like Scott and Ororo good character development for once. But in an absolutely ideal world, this franchise would be rebooted from scratch. In a world even better than that, the franchise would go home to Marvel/Disney.

IMO, as good as X1/X2/FC were, this franchise has NOT lived up to its potential. This is the X-Men. They WERE Marvel’s second biggest franchise, and yet characters like Iron Man and the Avengers have passed them in terms of relevance and box office dollars. I blame Fox for that entirely.
Well you should now accept the fact that they aren't gonna home to Marvel anytime soon. If there's someone to blame for these X-Men movies, then you should blame Marvel since they sold the movie rights to Fox in order to save their company from bankruptcy and in a way FOX kinda helped Marvel, Marvel wouldn't be releasing their own films if it wasn't for FOX's money and the success of the X-Men films.

And business-wise, it would be smart for FOX to just continue with the cast that performed better at the box-office. The general audience were already familiar with them before. Releasing two more films is not a bad idea, since DOFP is already earning a lot of buzz because of their return.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:00 PM   #335
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

And business-wise, it would be smart for FOX to just continue with the cast that performed better at the box-office. The general audience were already familiar with them before. Releasing two more films is not a bad idea, since DOFP is already earning a lot of buzz because of their return.
yeah you keep believing its all because of them

there is a buzz for many reasons, dunno why its so hard for you to see that, the OT is only one piece of the puzzel

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #336
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i have to say i disagree with this

first class has great patential for another film and can make just as much as an X4
Yes because First Class is lowest grossing X-Men to date.

And I don't get this "DOFP will help the FC cast to get more exposure" argument, do you know people would be asking for more Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus and those mutants from the future after DOFP is released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
The First Class team cannot draw the same money that the Original Trilogy team does. It is possible to do a sequel to First Class and then (or before) an X4. I know there's a small faction that wants the Original Trilogy team gone, but, there's a large group that enjoys the OT team and wants to see more of them.
Ding ding ding! I don't get why people don't see this.

Maybe if First Class performed a lot better at the box-office, then I would be asking FOX to do move forward with the cast of First Class, but no. Plus they already brought back the original cast. They just can't bring back them back for 1 movie and then after that, go back to the prequel cast that obviously attracts less to the general audience.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #337
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I know there's a small faction that wants the Original Trilogy team gone, but, there's a large group that enjoys the OT team and wants to see more of them.
What everyone wants is for the main X-Men to get their due.Those characters are what bring people in. Not the cast. It's the same as any franchise. It gets rebooted no one will care as long as it's good, except the Singer fans who can't accept change.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #338
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,193
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
But ther has to be a point where you say lets give someone else this badass line, it seems like a bad writers mistake
Because Wolverine says badass lines in the comics...it's true to his character

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #339
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
yeah you keep believing its all because of them

there is a buzz for many reasons, dunno why its so hard for you to see that, the OT is only one piece of the puzzel
I know there's a lot of reasons.

But the return of the original cast is the one thing that really people excited about this film.

Like I said, this board had a LOT of posts when Singer, announced the return of Patrick, Hugh, Ian, Halle, Shawn, Anna and Ellen.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #340
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yes because First Class is lowest grossing X-Men to date.

And I don't get this "DOFP will help the FC cast to get more exposure" argument, do you know people would be asking for more Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Colossus and those mutants from the future after DOFP is released.
many people loved FC and many only see it on DVD because they gave up on the Xmen films because of X3 and Origins

many loved First class, did it bring back alot of interest in this franchise? yes, would it make more money? yes, even more so after DOFP? yes

you have it all wrong

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #341
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
What everyone wants is for the main X-Men to get their due.Those characters are what bring people in. Not the cast. It's the same as any franchise. It gets rebooted no one will care as long as it's good, except the Singer fans who can't accept change.
And the characters that the OT cast are potraying are more appealing.

Seriously Wolverine, Storm, Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Colossus, Professor X, Magneto over young Professor X, young Magneto, Mystique and Beast? How about you throw in the other characters that appeared in OT and FC. The OT characters are still more appealing.

Even if FOX can't give them a great role and a big role, people would still watch the movie. Its just gonna be the fan-boys who will be asking more screentime to the other characters.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-05-2013 at 07:19 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #342
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I know there's a lot of reasons.

But the return of the original cast is the one thing that really people excited about this film.

Like I said, this board had a LOT of posts when Singer, announced the return of Patrick, Hugh, Ian, Halle, Shawn, Anna and Ellen.
yeah because no one ever thought it would happen, has the excitment toned down since? yes

its also sentinals and how much like the comics it will be, new well known characters

you need to drop this OT obsession

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #343
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
many people loved FC and many only see it on DVD because they gave up on the Xmen films because of X3 and Origins

many loved First class, did it bring back alot of interest in this franchise? yes, would it make more money? yes, even more so after DOFP? yes

you have it all wrong
You are the one who got it wrong, First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men film. And obviously FOX brought back the original cast to bring more interest to this series. And many people loved the original trilogy, they broke records at the box-office and X-Men was at their peak with them.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #344
Iceman
XMN AVNGRS JL
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 44,325
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

If Cyclops & Storm had been done justice I don't think there would be as many complaints about Wolverine. It's ok for the less important X-Men to get less exposure but the main ones are crucial.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:17 PM   #345
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The Future
Posts: 15,801
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
yeah because no one ever thought it would happen, has the excitment toned down since? yes

its also sentinals and how much like the comics it will be, new well known characters

you need to drop this OT obsession
And you need to stop attacking me. If you can't handle a proper conversation in this board, you should stop posting. As long as I'm not breaking any rules here, I will reply again and again.

__________________
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
The future of X-Men's original trilogy cast begins this May!

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #346
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You are the one who got it wrong, First Class is the lowest grossing X-Men film. And obviously FOX brought back the original cast to bring more interest to this series. And many people loved the original trilogy, they broke records at the box-office and X-Men was at their peak with them.
you keep saying about being the weakest box office, it was a new cast and no wolverine, they took the risk and it payed off, a film that wasn't about wolverine, the OT had to depend on wolverine to get the big numbers

yes people loved the OT and people loved FC, there is no way you can big up the OT to take credit for the buzz DOFP has

ah tiring

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #347
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,193
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

The OT characters are better than the First Class Characters

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:20 PM   #348
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 8,319
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And you need to stop attacking me. If you can't handle a proper conversation in this board, you should stop posting. As long as I'm not breaking any rules here, I will reply again and again.
thats fine, although you do post the same thing over and over again, and it gets to the point where you big up the OT in a real unrealistic way, its very one minded

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #349
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,411
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
If Cyclops & Storm had been done justice I don't think there would be as many complaints about Wolverine. It's ok for the less important X-Men to get less exposure but the main ones are crucial.
Pretty much, would have been nice if they got Rogue or Iceman right as well. Too many characters are a letdown here for me to care if the OT actors and Singer never show up again.


Last edited by def28; 06-05-2013 at 07:25 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #350
roach
I am the night
 
roach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under your Refrigerator
Posts: 35,193
Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

to be fair the OT had the better characters and actors...I like the guys who played young Xavier and Young Magneto but they can't hold a candle to Sir Patrick or Ian....seriously who would you rather see... First Class Beast, Banshee and Havok or X2 Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm...hell even Nightcrawler and Colossus were more interesting in X2 than any of the other mutants in First Class

__________________
I contribute articles here: http://www.robotunderdog.com
Clerk: "Sorry I am a Batman guy. Superman is cool but his weakness is a rock. That's weak."
Me: "Well, thrown hard enough a rock is Batman's weakness too."
You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.