The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #351
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
What everyone wants is for the main X-Men to get their due.Those characters are what bring people in. Not the cast. It's the same as any franchise. It gets rebooted no one will care as long as it's good, except the Singer fans who can't accept change.
Rebooting now is premature, when they gone to great lengths to string together two franchises and resolve continuity issues. It would be akin to setting a house on fire (to collect insurance) after remodeling it and investing a couple k in the landscaping. Artistically and financially, it does not make sense. Please, don't insinuate fans of Singer are intolerant of change; when the franchise has stagnated, creatively and financially, I will advocate a reboot. Until then, rebooting is a lazy and creatively bankrupt decision.

Note: the films that financially under-performed or bombed were the ones he did not direct.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #352
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
to be fair the OT had the better characters and actors...I like the guys who played young Xavier and Young Magneto but they can't hold a candle to Sir Patrick or Ian....seriously who would you rather see... First Class Beast, Banshee and Havok or X2 Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm...hell even Nightcrawler and Colossus were more interesting in X2 than any of the other mutants in First Class
The Roster from FC is the weakest Ive seen. But the Development and performances from Fassbender and Mcavoy were the best this franchise has given us character wise. The syle and tone of the film also gets a closer vibe to the books imo.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #353
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post

Note: the films that financially under-performed or bombed were the ones he did not direct.
who singer? no ratners X3 made more then X2

Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #354
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Roster from FC is the weakest Ive seen. But the Development and performances from Fassbender and Mcavoy were the best this franchise has given us character wise. The syle and tone of the film also gets a closer vibe to the books imo.
i like the OT but i have to agree with this

Old 06-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #355
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Please, don't insinuate fans of Singer are intolerant of change; when the franchise has stagnated, creatively and financially, I will advocate a reboot. Until then, rebooting is a lazy and creatively bankrupt decision.
It opens about a billion things to actually do right. Since every X-Men film has ****ed up at least 1-2 characters. This **** is old. Change is good.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #356
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I find claims of f***ed characters to be arbitrary. Now, I am not saying that Singer is perfect - perfection in the medium is impossible-but, since there innumerable variations and retcons of characters in comics, there is no absolute version.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #357
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If you adjust the domestic gross for infliration The Last Stand only did 1 million more than
than X2.X2's success had a lot to do with People rushing to see last stand.

The well received X-Men films were eathr directed or produced by Singer.

Bryan was more much a part of first class team.I know that's hard for some to accept.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #358
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I find claims of f***ed characters to be arbitrary. Now, I am not saying that Singer is perfect - perfection in the medium is impossible-but, since there innumerable variations and retcons of characters in comics, there is no absolute version.
seriously Wolverine was running around without a nose for a couple of books...i can deal with a tall Logan

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #359
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's fine evreyone holds their opinon. He had two movies to do something interesting with them or give them development. I'm not interested in mute villains, a damsel in distress Rogue who only uses her powers on the ground, minimum screen time Cyc or Halle Berry's Storm. I've seen what this creative team/studio brings and I'm over it. 14 years is long enough. Give us a good send out, and move to something fresh.

Last edited by def28; 06-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:41 PM   #360
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Rebooting now is premature, when they gone to great lengths to string together two franchises and resolve continuity issues. It would be akin to setting a house on fire (to collect insurance) after remodeling it and investing a couple k in the landscaping. Artistically and financially, it does not make sense. Please, don't insinuate fans of Singer are intolerant of change; when the franchise has stagnated, creatively and financially, I will advocate a reboot. Until then, rebooting is a lazy and creatively bankrupt decision.

i have a feeling the time travel aspect of this movie will fix things that they didnt like

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #361
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
i have a feeling the time travel aspect of this movie will fix things that they didnt like
Agreed.

Quote:
Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #362
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Agreed.
like they'll return to their present and be greeted by Scott and Jean

Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #363
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you keep saying about being the weakest box office, it was a new cast and no wolverine, they took the risk and it payed off, a film that wasn't about wolverine, the OT had to depend on wolverine to get the big numbers
And you want FOX to take that risk again by releasing another film them without the OT cast?

Obviously FOX didn't want to take that risk again.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #364
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Note tat Bryan Singer past directed films was back In eary days of comic book movies.

X-Men revived the genre back In 2000 after the disaste of Batman and Robin but only hd a 75 Million budget.Imagine Iron man,hor,an Captain Amerca with only 75 million to
work with.

X2 had a 110 Million budget but still far cry from what sequel like Spider-man seqels,The dark Knight,Iron man 2,and Aengers got.

X2 has a 88 prcent fresh at RT.Better than Incredible Hulk,Thor,Iron man 2,and Cap.It's laso he best rating of a x-men film.

And Bryan was key to first Class which some here keep insisting was close to books.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #365
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
That's fine evreyone holds their opinon. He had two movies to do something interesting with them or give them development. I'm not interested in mute villains, a damsel in distress Rogue who only uses her powers on the ground, minimum screen time Cyc or Halle Berry's Storm. I've seen what this creative team/studio brings and I'm over it. 14 years is long enough. Give us a good send out, and move to something fresh.
Absolutely this.

The X-Men could do so much better with a reboot.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #366
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
like they'll return to their present and be greeted by Scott and Jean
thats a pretty weak way to do it, i think it would have to be something better then that

Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #367
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And you want FOX to take that risk again by releasing another film them without the OT cast?

Obviously FOX didn't want to take that risk again.
so how else would they do the DOFP story? it was said they wanted to do something bigger and this is it, there version of avengers, the big cross over, sentinals, vaughn and singer

you seem to have it in your head FOX demanded they bring back the OT because they were struggling without them

Old 06-05-2013, 08:58 PM   #368
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
lease, don't insinuate fans of Singer are intolerant of change; when the franchise has stagnated, creatively and financially, I will advocate a reboot. Until then, rebooting is a lazy and creatively bankrupt decision..
I couldn't agree more!

I'm not against by doing a reboot as long as its Necessary and I don't think this current X-Men movie series needs one. The movie series out there that should be rebooted are Resident Evil, Street Fighter.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #369
roach
I am the night

they will reboot this version of the X-men when it no longer proves to be successful and that hasn't happened yet

Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #370
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
The X-Men could do so much better with a reboot.
Yeah, it would up the potential quite a bit.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #371
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

the name X-men brings in money

Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #372
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
so how else would they do the DOFP story? it was said they wanted to do something bigger and this is it, there version of avengers, the big cross over, sentinals, vaughn and singer

you seem to have it in your head FOX demanded they bring back the OT because they were struggling without them
Like I said, a film without the OT cast obviously attract less to the general audience and if you don't get that by looking at the box-office numbers its not my problem anymore.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #373
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Why Is first Class lowest grossing film in series then?

Old 06-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #374
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Like I said, a film without the OT cast obviously attract less to the general audience and if you don't get that by looking at the box-office numbers its not my problem anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
new cast, no wolverine, bad previous movies

thats all i'm going to say, and its something you can't excuse

Old 06-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #375
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
-Wolverine's absence. Extreme comic book fans might bristle at the notion, but Wolverine is the star of the show to the mainstream. His character represents coolness and groundedness amidst all the crazy mutant shenanigans. He's the entry point, and he's the franchise's closest thing to a traditional action hero.

-Its a prequel. Like I said prequels may be obsessively consumed in the comic book world, but they often amount to fanboy fantasias as far as the mainstream is concerned. If these back stories were so essential, then that's where the franchises should have started. The story needs to progress, not regress.

The thing is Wolverine and the X-Men together in 1 film attracts most to the general audience. So after DOFP, I have there's no more prequels, spin-offs, Wolverine movies, First Class movies. Just do films that features Wolverine and the X-Men.