do you mean stryker?
just getting a little confused.
yes stryker

got abit muddled up with them 2 characters

Old 07-17-2013, 03:47 PM   #577
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

The complications of Wolverine running into Stryker could be interesting on how that affects the future. I would think he would kill the dude without giving it much thought and that would switch things up quite a bit for the present time.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:48 PM   #578
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
yes stryker

got abit muddled up with them 2 characters
cool

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #579
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

yeah there bound to be a wolverine subplot

Old 07-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #580
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The complications of Wolverine running into Stryker could be interesting on how that affects the future. I would think he would kill the dude without giving it much thought and that would switch things up quite a bit for the present time.
I doubt he would do that.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:07 PM   #581
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Perhaps that would be their way of retconning X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

(For the record, I know it's widely hated and people want it retconned but I actually -- gasp -- like it)

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Cagefighterkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:17 PM   #582
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

A lot of people liked Origins, most of them aren't just the fanboys.

It got 6.7 rating in IMDb and a 70%+ rating from user ratings in Rotten Tomatoes.

If people really hated the movie, it would have gotten a rating in IMDB lower than 5 and a rotten rating from user ratings in RT.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #583
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagefighterkip View Post

(For the record, I know it's widely hated and people want it retconned but I actually -- gasp -- like it)
The problem I see with him killing Stryker is that, well he won't be who is his anymore, no more adamantium, no more memory loss! Sure, he will still have experienced and have those things, but his past self won't! It'll also wipe X2 from the continuity and as a result X3 (I won't have a problem with that happening actually).

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #584
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wolverine then would never have become and X-man, got his admatuim skeleton, lost his memories etc etc....he would be stupid to do something like that.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #585
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wolverine was pretty stupid for falling for Strykers lame story in Origins (Sabretooth killing Silverfox at the same time that Stryker shows up to warn Logan, it's obviously a trap you idiot).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:13 AM   #586
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Here's an interview with Red Carpet News TV and Hutch Parker, producer of The Wolverine and DOFP. At 1:58, the reporter asks about the future of the franchise, whether there would be sequels to the original X-Men trilogy or the FC cast.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
"I think what's exciting is that it can be both. I think the nature of this project is that they intersect and the legacy can be unique and different for both casts, together and separately. There's a tremendous amount of opportunity that comes out of it."

Last edited by Duran Man; 07-18-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #587
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm sure it will bring in complications for Logan. He hates that guy. Caused alot of damage to himself, other mutants and his friends. He will be tempted to do some damage. The possible consequences should build tension to the temptation.

Last edited by def28; 07-18-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #588
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sure it will bring in complications for Logan. He hates that guy. Caused alot of damage to himself, other mutants and his friends. He will be tempted to do some damage. The possible consequences should build tension to the temptation.
What temptation? He hurts the guy he creates a time paradox, where he never becomes wolverine or an X-men nor meets Jean etc etc.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #589
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
What temptation? He hurts the guy he creates a time paradox, where he never becomes wolverine or an X-men nor meets Jean etc etc.
Maybe it's better off that way. i've been searching high and low to find a way to get wolverine out of these things... It's not that I dont like him, nor Hugh, the guy is amazing! Just stop trying to beat everyone over the head with his claws everytime they want to make an X-Men movie.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 AM   #590
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wolverines an angry dude with alot of hatred when it comes to Stryker. Do you really think he's the type of character to just let things pass by. Or that the possibility of not get adamantium, running into the X-Men and ending Stryker could be for the better for other characters and himself? I think things like this have to at the least be discussed in the film.

Since he's possibly the sole traveler he's may have to make a sacrifice at some point.

Last edited by def28; 07-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:05 AM   #591
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wolverines an angry dude with alot of hatred when it comes to Stryker. Do you really think he's the type of character to just let things pass by. Or that the possibility of not get adamantium, running into the X-Men and ending Stryker could be for the better for other characters and himself?
Ending Stryker early would mean there isn't an attack on Xavier's school, no psychic attack on the world, no destruction of the dam, no death of jean, no death of cyclops, and no war on alcatraz that lead the phoenix to destroying everyone. The fate of the world is in his claws.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #592
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Ending Stryker early would mean there isn't an attack on Xavier's school, no psychic attack on the world, no destruction of the dam, no death of jean, no death of cyclops, and no war on alcatraz that lead the phoenix to destroying everyone. The fate of the world is in his claws.
Yeah, I don't take him to be that selfish of a character. All those thoughts have to go through his head. I could easily see him giving up some things to save everyone else. It may not even mean death for him.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #593
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wolverines an angry dude with alot of hatred when it comes to Stryker. Do you really think he's the type of character to just let things pass by. Or that the possibility of not get adamantium, running into the X-Men and ending Stryker could be for the better for other characters and himself? I think things like this have to at the least be discussed in the film.

Since he's possibly the sole traveler he's may have to make a sacrifice at some point.
Do you know what a time paradox is? Wolverine cant go back and kill stryker.....if he kills stryker before he recruits him for team X. Thus if wolverine kills stryker, he would have no reason to go back in time and want to kill him. Since stryker died before he became bad, Logan is never put in a situation where he losses his memory meets the x-men and winds up going back in time. to do the very act he did to alter history in the first place.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:17 AM   #594
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you know what a time paradox is? Wolverine cant go back and kill stryker.....if he kills stryker before he recruits him for team X. Thus if wolverine kills stryker, he would have no reason to go back in time and want to kill him. Since stryker died before he became bad, Logan is never put in a situation where he losses his memory meets the x-men and winds up going back in time. to do the very act he did to alter history in the first place.
Did you watch Terminator, you know, the franchise started by James Cameron, the person that Singer went to consult with about time travel. The movie where a man sent back into the past to protect his leader's mother, and ended up being the father? That one..

Old 07-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #595
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you watch Terminator, you know, the franchise started by James Cameron, the person that Singer went to consult with about time travel. The movie where a man sent back into the past to protect his leader's mother, and ended up being the father? That one..
IS James Cameron a Physicist? Does he posses advanced degrees in the field of general relativity IS he Kip throne,Karl Sagan,Einstein? No Is Terminator a good example of theoretical time travel travel logic?No If Singer went to consult an actual noteworthy scientist like Kip Thorne, then I would care, but James freaking Cameron is now an expert on Theoretical physics and general theory of relativity?

Last edited by Eros; 07-18-2013 at 02:29 AM.
Eros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #596
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
We don't know the rules for this movie in regards to time travel at all, or how much Stryker has do to with this, or what his mission is when sent back. Wolverine does know what Stryker did to himself and the team. So I would find it very difficult for him to run into Stryker and not think about how that could possibly fix many things.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #597
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
We don't know the rules for this movie in regards to time travel at all, or how much Stryker has do to with this, or what his mission is when sent back. Wolverine does know what Stryker did to himself and the team. So I would find it very difficult for him to run into Stryker and not think about how that could possibly fix many things.
Im talking bout the rules of common sense, and he would still cause a paradox, where if he kills stryker, he never experiences the life altering events that lead him to the past with a grudge against stryker, thus how can he kill stryker if he never had reason to, but this will only come about if he doesnt kill stryker.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:43 AM   #598
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im talking bout the rules of common sense, and he would still cause a paradox, where if he kills stryker, he never experiences the life altering events that lead him to the past with a grudge against stryker, thus how can he kill stryker if he never had reason to, but this will only come about if he doesnt kill stryker.
But what would happen if killing Stryker is required? Or if this film had multiple timelines that would exist regardless? If he stops the event and there are two timelines, what would stop him from also trying to save all the stuff that happens to Cyc and Jean. He would still be there in the past. There are alot of possibilites that I don't think the rules of common sense apply to without knowing the details of the story.

Regardless, I want a scene where Beast explains this all to Wolverine. Time travel has been sketchy even with the best time travel flicks, and they need a character to talk about all the implications. Why would any mutant with knowledge of the future want to let that guy get away with killing, lobotomizing and torturing Mutants? Theres a huge temptation there for alot of the FC characters, and I think those are interesting things to bring up even if they are not acted on.

Last edited by def28; 07-18-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #599
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Your reasoning behind it would create an alternate timeline, which is exactly what happens in the comics.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:23 AM   #600
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Your reasoning behind it would create an alternate timeline, which is exactly what happens in the comics.
a timeline that cant exist, because that version of wolverine never existed thus he never goes back in time to kill stryker and create an alternate timeline in the first place.