The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #126
Cherry
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
do you mean the sentinels or humans working for the sentinel program on the future?

Id personally preffer the future scenes to not have humans at all. but thats me, of course.
Just speculation on my part, but I meant humans working for the Sentinel program in the future.

I also would prefer that Sentinels get out of control and do their own thing in the future.

Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #127
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, with humans no where to be seen on USA, or at least on the big cities.

I love the whole apocalyptic set of the comics storyarc, where humans werent even there. Its a totally new concept for the franchise, so that's why Id preffer this take, instead of having humans and some non mutant characters on the future too.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:34 PM   #128
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

In original comic version there were normal humans but i agree with you It would be better
for film to just have mutants and sentinles In future.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #129
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

It probably won't be a dark future like in the comics, infact it may be set a few months after the wolverine which means it would be incredibly rushed for that to happen

But sentinels are probably hunting mutants down and killing them and this is the dark future for the movie

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-28-2013 at 05:27 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #130
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Our first look at a potential Trask industry employee. I kinda see a sentinel head in that jacket.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:38 AM   #131
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you say it looks like a modern font... but whats a 70s font?
Times New Roman and Comic Sans.

I like the logo and the color!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #132
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:

I love the whole apocalyptic set of the comics storyarc, where humans werent even there. Its a totally new concept for the franchise, so that's why Id preffer this take, instead of having humans and some non mutant characters on the future too.
I'm pretty sure we'll see humans in charge in the future scenes... as should be the case. The X-Men movies will always have a human and/or mutant villain element involved, otherwise the struggle strays into the typical robots vs. heroes genre.

In the comics, you can have stories where the X-Men take on monsters, aliens, and whatnot, but the movies have to get to the core of the mythos. That will always be the human/mutant struggle.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:36 AM   #133
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:

I'm not sure why the humans would disappear. They're under no threat. It's mutants who are being targeted by Sentinels.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:59 AM   #134
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Part of core of DOFP storyline Is humans have lost control of Sentinles,and they are threat to entire world.

If as report of most of film takes place In 1973 the future will probally be mutants and sentinles.Besides you will get a human villain In 1973 with Peter Dinklage.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #135
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I'm not sure why the humans would disappear. They're under no threat. It's mutants who are being targeted by Sentinels.
Sentinels reach the conclusion that they will never achieve their directive of eliminating mutants, unless they also include humans in their mission parameters. Because with every human born there is the potential of a new mutant.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM   #136
Angamb
Banned User

its a badass concept, we cant deny it.

And it doesnt mean all humans are dead, its just that the main city/ies where the x-men are staying have no humans at all, since most of them went to other cities and countries to survive.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #137
psyonic
X-Man

I hope we see Genosha or some version of it where mutants hide out.. then the Sentinels decimate it.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:32 AM   #138
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Sorry but that's a ripoff of Terminator. I realize Singer was advised by Cameron, but we can't go that route again. I would make it more of a biological Rise of the Planet of the Apes type scenario. The cure starts killing off mutants, or the mutant gene is somehow altered. The war starts again, and Sentinels are the human's primary weapons. A Terminator type plot obviously would make sense, but it's just too similar for me.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #139
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Sorry but that's a ripoff of Terminator. I realize Singer was advised by Cameron, but we can't go that route again. I would make it more of a biological Rise of the Planet of the Apes type scenario. The cure starts killing off mutants, or the mutant gene is somehow altered. The war starts again, and Sentinels are the human's primary weapons. A Terminator type plot obviously would make sense, but it's just too similar for me.
I would not paint Cameron in such favoring light, considering how he explicitly plagiarized the teleplays of Harlan Ellison for the Terminator film. Besides, Days of Future Past was published in 1981, and Terminator was released in 1984; if anything, one could argue that Cameron "borrowed" from The X-Men for his film.

One cannot argue that he was unaware of the comics, considering he was interested in an X-Men film, but moved over to a Spider-Man film, when Lee started up the dialogue.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #140
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I would not paint Cameron in such favoring light, considering how he explicitly plagiarized the teleplays of Harlan Ellison for the Terminator film. Besides, Days of Future Past was published in 1981, and Terminator was released in 1984; if anything, one could argue that Cameron "borrowed" from The X-Men for his film.

One cannot argue that he was unaware of the comics, considering he was interested in an X-Men film, but moved over to a Spider-Man film, when Lee started up the dialogue.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #141
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post

You're quite right in your response to Mr M, though I would say that the mainstream/casual filmgoer will not realise that the DoFP comic came before the Terminator movie so Singer might be wise to ensure he makes sufficient differentiation.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #142
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, Terminator is way too known in pop culture. Doesn't matter what came first.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM   #143
Mr.M
Side-Kick

You just can't have an artificial AI controlling Sentinels. Now maybe there is another Hitler esque figure that comes along and just wants to exterminate mutants. He would kill both humans and mutants alike, all who oppose him. What if this guy were to win somehow, and eradicate mutants from the world, not only through machines but through genetic inducements that would rid humanity of the mutant gene? Maybe that guy is Dinklage and the future is the beginning of that vision coming to pass? I am not saying that's original either, but it is a slightly different take. If it is the Terminator route, I won't complain because it would fit the story nicely, but people will be like, "we've seen this before... ."

Last edited by Mr.M; 05-29-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #144
Angamb
Banned User

perfect scenario would be to end the movie showing that Apocalypse has been manipulating the strings and maybe had some contact with Bolivar Trask in the past and he played a bigger part in history than most of us thought, during the movie.

Of course, this would be an awesome tease of next movie, that would get everyone f**** excited for the sequel. #Smartmove

Old 05-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #145
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
perfect scenario would be to end the movie showing that Apocalypse has been manipulating the strings and maybe had some contact with Bolivar Trask in the past and he played a bigger part in history than most of us thought, during the movie.

Of course, this would be an awesome tease of next movie, that would get everyone f**** excited for the sequel. #Smartmove
Indeed, not to mention if Fox really is trying to be as big as the avengers, there's your Thanos angle. Apocalypse is an even bigger/better villain IMO haha.

I think singer has mentioned him in the past has he not? I'm not sure on that one but it I feel like I remember apocalypse being thrown about somewhere in conversation a long time ago.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #146
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Having Apocalypse be Involved takes away from what Is great of the
DOFP storyline which Is humans prejudice against Mutants leads to creating weapons aginst them that they lose control and become threat to everyone.

If they want to Include Apocalypse as a teaser for future then the altered future at end of film should end with reveal of Apocalpse deceding now Is time to reveal himself.It's a very bad Idea for Apocapyse to be Involved with main storyline of DOFP.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #147
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
What if those are camp Sentinel jumpsuits ??
Only for the more effeminate among them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
you say it looks like a modern font... but whats a 70s font?
Boogie Nights?

Old 05-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #148
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Having Apocalypse be Involved takes away from what Is great of the
DOFP storyline which Is humans prejudice against Mutants leads to creating weapons aginst them that they lose control and become threat to everyone.

If they want to Include Apocalypse as a teaser for future then the altered future at end of film should end with reveal of Apocalpse deceding now Is time to reveal himself.It's a very bad Idea for Apocapyse to be Involved with main storyline of DOFP.
How would Apocalypse take away from that? He's a mutant right? So if he planned an assassination that would cause the DoFP events how would that be different if it were planned by Magneto?

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #149
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Part of great thing Is In original comic Is how an assassination by brotherhood backfires.
Apocalypse takes away from that.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #150
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Part of great thing Is In original comic Is how an assassination by brotherhood backfires.
Apocalypse takes away from that.
You mean that it's more of an impact if the actions of Magneto and Mystique (characters we know) cause the dystopia that affects them as well as every other mutant.