The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 09:26 PM   #426
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Thumbs up Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
This should probably go in TDK forum, but it doesn't get much traffic these days.

Aaron Eckhart on working with Heath:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That was just so incredible to hear

- The Joker
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #427
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

That put a big ol' smile on my face. Terrific find

Free Original Music
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #428
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I have no problem saying that every frame of MotP was perfect.
I agree.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #429
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

I wasn't aware this lawsuit exists, but WB wins this one in the Clean Slate legal battle: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr...ctional-524779

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 PM   #430
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Holy Hell that was hilarious to read.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #431
JackWhite
Third Man

LMAO. That is too much.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:04 PM   #432
kvz5
HBIC

Clean slate? What's that?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #433
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post

Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 PM   #434
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The ultimate tool for computer security systems.

Not sure what a master jewel thief would want with that, lol.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-17-2013, 10:14 PM   #435
Anno_Domini
Banned User

How ironic would it be if that company that owned that computer security system sounded like Rykin, lol.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 PM   #436
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:

Old 05-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #437
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Mendelsohn should have been forced to come to the court and explain it to the judge again. For the record.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #438
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Mendelsohn should have been forced to come to the court and explain it to the judge again. For the record.

One of the deleted scenes.

Also, another deleted scene was an alternate ending. Alfred sees Bruce at the cafe and walks over to him before asking "How did you do it?"

Bruce: "The clean slate."

Alfred: "What's the clean slate?"

Daggett jumps out of nowhere.

Daggett: "The clean slate? Where you type in their name, date of birth and in a few seconds, they're gone from every database in the world?"

And Bruce and Alfred just stare silently at him until he leaves.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:43 AM   #439
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
One of the deleted scenes.

Also, another deleted scene was an alternate ending. Alfred sees Bruce at the cafe and walks over to him before asking "How did you do it?"

Bruce: "The clean slate."

Alfred: "What's the clean slate?"

Daggett jumps out of nowhere.

Daggett: "The clean slate? Where you type in their name, date of birth and in a few seconds, they're gone from every database in the world?"

And Bruce and Alfred just stare silently at him until he leaves.

WB should've trolled the hearing where everytime someone says "clean slate", Mendelsohn would jump in and say "The clean slate? Where you type in their name, date of birth and in a few seconds, they're gone from every database in the world?".

Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #440
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:

WB should've trolled the hearing where everytime someone says "clean slate", Mendelsohn would jump in and say "The clean slate? Where you type in their name, date of birth and in a few seconds, they're gone from every database in the world?".
I would honestly pay to watch that hearing over most of the movies that have come out so far this year (basically all but The Place Beyond the Pines, Iron Man 3 and Star Trek: Into Darkness).

Old 05-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #441
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Alright I want to see some factual statistics. I've given up asking you for some form of proof that there was TDK 2.0 claims. You haven't got any. So lets try another one. Show me some factual proof that only a few disliked TDKR.

Then you can say "Of course only a few didn't enjoy it" as though you're stating a well known fact.

The general audience enjoyed Bay's Transformers, too. You're going to have to do better than using that as an excuse. Audiences enjoyed lots of flawed movies. Are you going to try and tell me that movies like Transformers doesn't have a lot of detractors, too?

There's that hearsay again.

More fool you. Why you would want to stand by an opinion about other people and their verbal claims that you can't back up is beyond me.

Correct me where I'm wrong then.

And even more have disagreed.

So we win then since you're all about popularity numbers rather then facts.

Oh my god, how can someone be so blind? Posters listing complaints is in reference to the ones who said they THINK his heart was not in the movie based on how flawed it was, and a step down from the previous movies. They are not saying it's a concrete fact. They are saying it as an opinion.

Why oh why do you struggle to understand such a simple concept?

No, you haven't. You have been saying people wanted a TDK 2.0. The only way you could know something like that is if they said so. So if they did lets see some examples.

No, nobody can. Spider-Man 2 did not polarize fans and was never accused of being a half hearted attempt by Raimi.

Why would I hate that? The AFI acknowledges movies like The Hangover, too. Your problem is you can't defend this movie with a competent argument so you turn around and say "Nyah nyah nyah more people agree with me than you. The AFI liked it so there".

It's pathetic.

Here's another example. Trying to quote more numbers. The audience rating on RT for Transformers is only 3% less than TDKR and 1% less than Batman Begins. I guess that means it's almost as good as those two since the audience enjoyed it almost as much. Then there's The Avengers which has a higher audience and critic rating than TDKR so it must be better than it right?

Right? I mean that's all you believe in isn't it, Anno. Popularity numbers dictate quality. My gang is bigger than your gang schoolyard type mentality.

I have no idea what you just said there. You said "Ah finally you say that is an opinion as well" as though I have been denying it to this point.

Exactly. But at least they are basing their OPINIONS on the quality of his work instead of nothing at all.

Flattered Kane. Though for team TDKR I suggest Batlobster. He is the most competent debater when it comes to that movie.
Some people did want TDK 2.0 Thank you but you don't speak for everyone.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:57 AM   #442
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
Show me proof of it then you can be a hypocrite and be speak for others saying they wanted TDK 2.0. Thank you.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 05-18-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #443
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post

Old 05-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #444
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

First I helped create the term Burple and now TDK 2.0....

*watching the world burn*

Old 05-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #445
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
First I helped create the term Burple and now TDK 2.0....

*watching the world burn*

Free Original Music
Old 05-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #446
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Assuming that two people in agreement about a falsehood makes it correct is dangerous and very foolish thinking.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:26 PM   #447
Tequilla
Side-Kick

That clean state line probably sounds egregious on paper , but i think Mendelsohn actually sells it well. Kudos to him.

Old 05-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #448
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
That clean state line probably sounds egregious on paper , but i think Mendelsohn actually sells it well. Kudos to him.

It felt like the Nolans and Mendelsohn were all in on the joke of that exposition dump. Such a comic-book thing.

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Old 05-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #449
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I loved Mendelsohn and how slimy and despicable he was as Daggett. As John Bierly of the MMM podcast puts it, he is a "kookie hoot" in the role.

I really enjoyed all the little bits of pulpiness that worked their way into the series via minor bad guy characters like Chechen, Maroni, Falcone, Flass etc. Nolan has this ability to marry the uber self-serious with just the right amount of cheesiness and somehow it all feels right.

Except Gambol. Michael Jai White really cannot act (no offense to any Spawn fans out there).

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 05-18-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:22 PM   #450
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Except Gambol. Michael Jai White really cannot act (no offense to any Spawn fans out there).
"Enough from the clown!"

LOL

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Closed Thread