The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #176
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Default Re: The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjow1060 View Post
My salesguy told me it WAS for IMAX when I bought it - that's why I'm peeved the most.

- Jow
Jon Snow... Ummm I mean, Wal-Mart employees know nothing!!!

Sometimes, they do, but always take anything they say with a little doubt. Cuz you probably know MORE than them.

Last edited by SuperJediHero; 05-20-2013 at 09:16 PM.
SuperJediHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #177
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
The infrastructure of the company doesn't allow for actually telling its depressed, starving employees what the hell is going on. It's a failure that starts at the top of the food chain, not with the poor SOB's stuck at the bottom just trying to survive. We as department managers had to get our promotional news from outside sources. There were no emails sent to us, no snail mail. No one knows what the hell is going on there until its right on top of them.
Sorry, I never worked there and never wish to either, but obviously the FACT that big posters are all over the stores, especially at doors where EACH of these employee has to walk thru EVERYday, no excuse to say the problem is top of food chain failure. I consider enough communicate has been made about this Superman promotion, how the hell if you are competent, you don't see it? Do they teleport, so they don't see these posters ALL over the store!? I feel they are just being ignorant, and incompetent that's all it is.

Last edited by SuperJediHero; 05-20-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #178
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJediHero View Post
Sorry, I never worked there and never wish to either, but obviously the FACT that big posters are all over the stores, especially at doors where EACH of these employee has to walk thru EVERYday, no excuse to say the problem is top of food chain failure. I consider enough communicate has been made about this Superman promotion, how the hell if you are competent, you don't see it? Do they teleport, so they don't see these posters ALL over the store!? I feel they are just being ignorant, and incompetent that's all it is.
I agree...they just don't pay attention and don't give a ****

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #179
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
Well boo, there goes my interest. I'd rather see it first in IMAX at midnight than a few hours earlier in standard format.
Well I fell for it, since the ticket is unique looking, if not collectible. Pretty cool, and it comes with FREE cartoons and digital comic book. Seeing it earlier is also worth something.

I just hope they don't pull a 8PM IMAX showing tomorrow, that would make this deal much less attractive.

BTW, still A LOT of tickets left at my Wal-Mart. It's not selling well at all!

Last edited by SuperJediHero; 05-20-2013 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 AM   #180
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well I fell for it, since the ticket is unique looking, if not collectible. Pretty cool, and it comes with FREE cartoons and digital comic book. Seeing it earlier is also worth something.

I just hope they don't pull a 8PM IMAX showing tomorrow, that would make this deal much less attractive.

Maybe u should buy them all... n then re sell... should make some fortune... or make some debts... if GP isnt interested. hehe

Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 AM   #181
bullets
bang bang

Quote:

Earlier tonight I was at Walmart and asked the cashier if they were still selling the tickets. They still had the display in the entrance ways. She had no idea about it and then asked me who was playing Superman. So I went to customer service and they called the electronics department. They brought one over and were unsure if the promotions was still going. Luckily I got a 3d ticket for 11.00. I bet there are plenty more.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:55 AM   #182
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I think Wal-Mart dropped the ball on promoting this thing. I only saw one tv myself and it was a piss poor one at that...this thing should have been handled a lot better. They should have had a store meeting with all employees and informed them of what was going on instead of just a handful of employees. Way to go Wal-Mart....finding even more ways to fail

Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 AM   #183
Super Kal
Side-Kick

my walmart still has something like 400 tickets left to sell... a LOT of people have no idea that they're selling them at Walmart. extremely stupid on their part

if WB has their own predictions on the box office, and it falls short, blame Wal-Mart and their piss-poor marketing

Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #184
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Walmart is lame. So lame. I agree, their marketing for this sucks! They could still be talking about it now. I haven't seen or heard anything since they went on sale. The one commercial I did see looked generic and I didn't even noticed it until I saw the shield flash the screen.

There is going to be virtually no one in the theaters with us on the 13th. It's going to suck when my family and friends that are coming with me see that the theater is empty.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #185
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

*does happy dance* I got ma tickets party time people

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #186
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Smile Re: The early sale tickets at Wal-mart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Walmart is lame. So lame. I agree, their marketing for this sucks! They could still be talking about it now. I haven't seen or heard anything since they went on sale. The one commercial I did see looked generic and I didn't even noticed it until I saw the shield flash the screen.

There is going to be virtually no one in the theaters with us on the 13th. It's going to suck when my family and friends that are coming with me see that the theater is empty.
At least you would be guaranteed good seats

Dispatch Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #187
Glassjaw
In training

Not to get all hyperbolic, but I wonder if WB are paying attention to how slow the tickets are selling and if they think there's any reason or time to act on it (a heavier marketing push then they were anticipating perhaps).

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 AM   #188
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

I don't know about anyone else, but leading up to Saturday, I was seeing the Walmart commercial for the screening tickets pretty regularly. A lady at my work even overheard me talking about it and said "Is that that Walmart thing they're advertising on TV?"

Old 05-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #189
batman1115
Side-Kick

so AMC website had a countdown for today for advance tickets, but at all zeroes, it says no shows available. what the heck!

batman1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #190
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
At least you would be guaranteed good seats
Sad but true. Haha That thought made me feel better about it. Especially since I got 3D tickets.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #191
Transcended
Gunning for Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post

I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect that the theater won't be full. I know I'll be seeing it again on opening weekend, so there'll be plenty of people/fans to enjoy it with then, but having a more subdued first viewing is appealing.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #192
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcended View Post
I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect that the theater won't be full. I know I'll be seeing it again on opening weekend, so there'll be plenty of people/fans to enjoy it with then, but having a more subdued first viewing is appealing.
Absolutely agree.

ConnorKon-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:18 PM   #193
GreenKToo
In the fire

yea lol, I had the same problem at wal-mart. I walked in greeted by these huge mos cut outs. I made my way to the service desk and they were like....."ummm, what tickets?" she got on the radio and had to ask like three people before finally directing me to electronics. I will say the lady back there was very helpful and also a huge superman fan.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #194
NolanDCU
Banned User

I got my tickets for Man of Steel at the Chicago Navy Pier IMAX a week ago today. There was a problem on the website and they put the tickets up earlier to be purchased on their IMAX website. Since it's assigned seating at that theater, I can just walk into the movie without having to wait in line that Thursday. I'm very excited.

NolanDCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #195
Superman141
Side-Kick

I just went to Wal mart... they must not be selling tickets much, Cause I was the First person to buy one at my wal mart and its 2 days after they started. I'm worried about MOS box Office now.

Superman141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #196
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Wal-Mart is just run by a bunch of incompetent idiots...save for a few friends and people I know that work there. Most of them couldn't tell their ass from a hole in the ground

Old 05-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #197
Transcended
Gunning for Metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanDCU View Post
I got my tickets for Man of Steel at the Chicago Navy Pier IMAX a week ago today. There was a problem on the website and they put the tickets up earlier to be purchased on their IMAX website. Since it's assigned seating at that theater, I can just walk into the movie without having to wait in line that Thursday. I'm very excited.
Wow, I LOVE the idea of assigned seating at a movie theater.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #198
bullets
bang bang

I know some theaters in Germany have assigned seating.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:36 AM   #199
robot
Side-Kick

Any updates on how the tickets are selling at Wal-Mart? If it doesn't sell out, it could be bad news

robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #200
Super Kal
Side-Kick

my wife got hers about 3 days later.... they said they still had a good number of tickets left over.

i really hope WB isnt basing their beginning marketing off of these sales... they're going to be sorely disappointed if they are