The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #101
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Even Tim Duncan will be happy if we get a new spot.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #102
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A youtuber ripped dialogue from the 2nd MOS trailer and used some of Donner/Lester Superman footage with Zimmers' MOS music:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

That's nice!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:14 PM   #103
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

In regards to the Jimmy/Jenny thing, honestly, if they needed another female character that worked at the DP, they could have easily used Cat Grant, especially since her personality is in big contrast to Lois's.

And on another note, assuming if "Jenny" is Jimmy's older sister, I think it's safe to say that MOS's take on Jimmy won't have him being some light haired photographer in his teens since (unless he was adopted.lol) it wouldn't look like someone of that description would be related to Jenny.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #104
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
In regards to the Jimmy/Jenny thing, honestly, if they needed another female character that worked at the DP, they could have easily used Cat Grant, especially since her personality is in big contrast to Lois's.

And on another note, assuming if "Jenny" is Jimmy's older sister, I think it's safe to say that MOS's take on Jimmy won't have him being some light haired photographer in his teens since (unless he was adopted.lol) it wouldn't look like someone of that description would be related to Jenny.
My mom has red hair, my dad HAD black hair until it turned white. I have red hair and my sister is a blonde...so why couldn't Jimmy have red hair and his sister be dark haired???

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #105
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
My mom has red hair, my dad HAD black hair until it turned white. I have red hair and my sister is a blonde...so why couldn't Jimmy have red hair and his sister be dark haired???

Well the thing is though, as far as I've seen, Jimmy as always been presented as being Caucasian and I the actress portraying Jenny isn't. It'd be like saying a Asian character is the full-blooded sibling of a french character.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:24 PM   #106
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well the thing is though, as far as I've seen, Jimmy as always been presented as being Caucasian and I the actress portraying Jenny isn't. It'd be like saying a Asian character is the full-blooded sibling of a french character.
She looks caucasian to me...

Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #107
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, don't say that. Certain posters are going to show up and tell you how Caucasian she looks. Almost impossible to think she could be anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
She looks caucasian to me...
See.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #108
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Still and yet...why does HE have to be the adopted one??? Why can't she be the adopted sister?? Say a doctor told the Olsen's they couldn't have kids so they adopt Jenny. And then OOPS! Jimmy comes along...and since of course the Olsen's lack imagination and creativity they just name the newborn Jimmy

Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #109
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Still and yet...why does HE have to be the adopted one??? Why can't she be the adopted sister?? Say a doctor told the Olsen's they couldn't have kids so they adopt Jenny. And then OOPS! Jimmy comes along...and since of course the Olsen's lack imagination and creativity they just name the newborn Jimmy
Does it really matter which would be adopted, if that scenario even played out?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #110
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It really doesn't matter to me on who would be adopted really, it was just an example that I was making.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:32 PM   #111
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Does it really matter which would be adopted, if that scenario even played out?
no..but if they went for the adoption route then it would make sense for her to be the adopted one.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #112
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
no..but if they went for the adoption route then it would make sense for her to be the adopted one.
Why?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #113
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
It really doesn't matter to me on who would be adopted really, it was just an example that I was making.
yeah...I think it would make sense for her to be the adopted one

Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #114
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well adoption status aside, since we don’t even know if she even is Jimmy’s sister or relative (or the new Jimmy herself) I don’t think we’ll be seeing Clark interact with much of the DP staff in this film at all and that we’ll have to wait until the sequel to see any classic DP Newsroom interactions.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #115
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well adoption status aside, since we don’t even know if she even is Jimmy’s sister or relative (or the new Jimmy herself) I don’t think we’ll be seeing Clark interact with much of the DP staff in this film at all and that we’ll have to wait until the sequel to see any classic DP Newsroom interactions.
Yep. I seriously think he won't enter the DP or meet anyone other then Lois before the final mins off the film.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #116
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Why?
With Jimmy being a redhead and Jenny being dark haired and TONS of people claim she doesn't look Caucasian, (even my mom said she looked Indian, like from Pakistan not the reservation Indians) it would just make since that she is the adopted one...not unless I guess the parents or of Indian or Asian decent, whatever she is...

Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #117
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Who cares?!?!?!?!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:41 PM   #118
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Yep. I seriously think he won't enter the DP or meet anyone other then Lois before the final mins off the film.
I think he'll enter the DP in the middle of the movie.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #119
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
With Jimmy being a redhead and Jenny being dark haired and TONS of people claim she doesn't look Caucasian, (even my mom said she looked Indian, like from Pakistan not the reservation Indians) it would just make since that she is the adopted one...not unless I guess the parents or of Indian or Asian decent, whatever she is...
I understand your point and the intent.

Quote:
Who cares?!?!?!?!
Jimmy cares!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:45 PM   #120
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I still don't see how people think he doesn't go to work at the Daily Planet until the sequel when in the Comic Con footage you see him enter the Daily Planet and it hasn't been destroyed. The Daily Planet apparently is destroyed midway or so through the film and then there is this....http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Tr...3-1c2f574568de

Old 05-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #121
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he'll enter the DP in the middle of the movie.
I could see that, if it hadn't been heavily hinted at that Clark dons the suit to engage Zod. And once he dons the suit I think it is going to be a straight shot through the finale. So I am not sure when he would work or even interview at the DP before that. Clark travels, finds the Fortress, gets the suit and then Zod.

I firmly believe the shot from the CC trailer is from the very last scene of the film.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:51 PM   #122
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:

Okay, I'm getting a little confused. People think she's Indian or Pakistani? Why?

She played Anne Frank in the Indiana Repertory Theatre production of The Diary of Anne Frank:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #123
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

That is also yet another possibility as well; and that just raises another question, assuming that they’re not going for the route where no one can’t tell the difference between seeing Clark with or without glasses, then if Clark were to run into Lois at the DP, she should be able to identify him right off the bat considering that she’s been searching for him for quite some time across the globe and has a picture of him from Smallville.

Speaking of the disguise with the glasses, honestly, I don’t think Superman will be presented as being a hero where everyone in the public will have the chance of seeing his face up close and personal. I think the only people who’ll really get a chance to see “Superman” are Lois, Martha, Zod and Company, and the Military, and I doubt either parties will be interested by the end of the film of exposing his civilian identity.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #124
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still don't see how people think he doesn't go to work at the Daily Planet until the sequel when in the Comic Con footage you see him enter the Daily Planet and it hasn't been destroyed. The Daily Planet apparently is destroyed midway or so through the film and then there is this....http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Tr...3-1c2f574568de
The Daily Planet may very well be destroyed in the finale, during the Battle of Metropolis. I expect it actually. But for whatever reason, it will be standing again before the end imo.

I just think it would be odd if Clark walks the Earth, starts working at the DP, and then goes and finds the Fortress and the suit and then confronts Zod.

It would mean that when Lois is looking for Clark, she already knows him. That doesn't make sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post

Okay, I'm getting a little confused. People think she's Indian or Pakistani? Why?

She played Anne Frank in the Indiana Repertory Theatre production of The Diary of Anne Frank:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
And Jessica Alba played Sue Storm. Will Smith's daughter is playing Annie. What is your point?

Old 05-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #125
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
=DarthSkywalker;25843311]The Daily Planet may very well be destroyed in the finale, during the Battle of Metropolis. I expect it actually. But for whatever reason, it will be standing again before the end imo.

I just think it would be odd if Clark walks the Earth, starts working at the DP, and then goes and finds the Fortress and the suit and then confronts Zod.

It would mean that when Lois is looking for Clark, she already knows him. That doesn't make sense to me.
YES, that wouldn't make sense. Clark will not be the glasses wearing Clark tell the end, that would make the most sense. (I am hoping that the last scene is the Comic con scene with Clark and the glasses

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Closed Thread