Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Nintendo

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #751
Zeus
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's the Pokemon thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Here's a walkthrough I used: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/696960-pokemon-y/faqs/68044

Online? Not sure but for me, it's pretty smooth so far but people have reported lags and stuff. For me, hardly any problems.

You can change what you see in the bottom screen. There's Super Training, Pokemon Amie and PSS. I normally keep it on PSS because of online but it's up to you. Only problem with PSS is that when you're online, it keeps giving you useless messages which can be annoying.

I think PSS is one of the best things to happen for this series regarding online play
As I just got the game, I kept it on PSS too and i had it offline because there those popup message boxes that are distracting when I am online.

Looking forward to trying that though...Great device this Nintendo 3DS XL...A huge winner for the handhelds and I hope there is more pokemon games like this for me to get lol...

Old 11-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #752
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

so im getting Y for Xmas... a Kmart going out of buisness in my town was selling it 25% off... so ill have it!

though... im so completely behind.. still playing black and white 1, don't own 2, and never finished the updated gold/silver game i really need to

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 11-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #753
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
As I just got the game, I kept it on PSS too and i had it offline because there those popup message boxes that are distracting when I am online.

Looking forward to trying that though...Great device this Nintendo 3DS XL...A huge winner for the handhelds and I hope there is more pokemon games like this for me to get lol...
Yeah that can get pretty annoying. It's best to keep it on when you're gonna battle with random people or with friends.

There should be more Pokemon games in the future hopefully, including the eventual update to this one

Old 11-06-2013, 08:58 AM   #754
Zeus
Side-Kick

you guys catch any shiny pokemon? On youtube some people have methods and its crazy how many times they try to find one. Its really hard.

What is a soft-reset btw? Some say they soft reset 1000 times

Old 11-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #755
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Never caught any in this game.

Soft reset is basically a quicker way to restart the game rather than switching it off and on again.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:06 AM   #756
Zeus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Never caught any in this game.

Soft reset is basically a quicker way to restart the game rather than switching it off and on again.
i can see why people want a shiny pokemon, as its very collectible but 1000 soft resets sounds really bad.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:13 PM   #757
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Yeah, that is hardcore A soft-reset is quite quick, though. But 1000?! Man, that's extreme.

Old 11-06-2013, 03:47 PM   #758
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

When I first got my 1st X, I got a shiny Chespin on my 3rd (just, and only 3rd) soft reset.

It was Bold-natured, and I didn't want it. Plus I don't care for shinies. So I soft reset again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Lauper
Taffy butt! You have a taffy butt!
There's treasure in that butt
I want that taffy butt!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #759
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

I don't really care for shinies, but have you guys seen Shiny Greninja? Oh my god, that one is my exception...!

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!
Old 11-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #760
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

I want to trade for a Chespin, preferably level 1. Hopefully we can barter a trade.

Last edited by Duke; 11-06-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #761
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
When I first got my 1st X, I got a shiny Chespin on my 3rd (just, and only 3rd) soft reset.

It was Bold-natured, and I didn't want it. Plus I don't care for shinies. So I soft reset again
That was kinda dumb since the Shiny Chespin/Quilladin/Chesnaught has a much better color scheme.

Old 11-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #762
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

No, I've seen shiny Chesnaught. Its fully evolved shiny form is not that much better, enough to make a difference to me.

And wasn't it you who said he didn't care about legendaries, and that you go out of your way to faint them? So how is that indifference to legendaries any different from my indifference to shinies? I don't care about sparkly, alternate colored mons. Different strokes.

I may have come off too defensive, which i wasn't trying to start a heated back & forth. But still, I don't care for shinies, so that wasn't enough reason to keep it.

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!

Last edited by WolfCypher; 11-06-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #763
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfCypher View Post
No, I've seen shiny Chesnaught. Its fully evolved shiny form is not that much better, enough to make a difference to me.
So you admit it's better

Quote:
And wasn't it you who said he didn't care about legendaries, and that you go out of your way to faint them? So how is that indifference to legendaries any different from my indifference to shinies? I don't care about sparkly, alternate colored mons. Different strokes.

I may have come off too defensive, which i wasn't trying to start a heated back & forth. But still, I don't care for shinies, so that wasn't enough reason to keep it.
Nope, that's SuperFerret. I catch all legendaries. Shinies are so rare, I would have kept one, especially a starter, even if I didn't like how it looked. In fact, there aren't many shinies that I do like, but I'd still keep any I'd come across for the novelty of them.

I also don't care about natures for Pokemon I use in my party. It doesn't make a huge difference until late levels and their EVs will be out of whack anyway. I happened to luck into a Timid Froakie as my starter. Abilities and gender are important though. I made sure to get a Thick Fat Swinub for White 2. I also wanted my Espeon to be a female since it looks feminine and the rest of my party was male.

Old 11-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #764
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

After finding out all my friends started out with Chespin, I only would have kept my shiny one on the basis of being that guy who had to be "different" with his...

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!
Old 11-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #765
SuperFerret
Class Act

Kill. The word is kill. I have Lugia's head on my wall over my fireplace.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:56 PM   #766
Zeus
Side-Kick

I started with Chespin because I thought everyone started out with Froakie.

Old 11-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #767
zenith16
Side-Kick

Report: Nintendo trademarks mysterious 'Great Detective Pikachu'

(5 hours ago)

Nintendo's most lucrative electric rat may be trading in his Thunderbolt attack for a Meerschaum pipe, as the publisher has trademarked something called "Great Detective Pikachu."

Normally, trademarks come and go. You're as likely to see a 'mark spawn a full-fledged game as you are to see a company sit on a term or phrase for potential future use. Great Detective Pikachu however, is a bit different as it directly ties to a recent, official video depicting a strange, talking blue Pikachu.

Scant little is known of how the game will actually perform or what Pikachu might be detecting, but it has been revealed that motion capture techniques are being used to properly animate the rodent's facial expressions and speech routines. Whether that sounds adorable or intensely terrifying comes down to your opinion on overly-anthropomorphized Pokémon.

Either way, we aren't likely to know how things play out until Nintendo decides to shed more light on this mystery.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #768
CB Fan
The Watcher

Does anybody have a Bulbasaur they would like to give? I already have squirtle and charmander I just can't find anyone with a bulbasaur.

Old 11-07-2013, 11:46 PM   #769
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

that's ironic cause I got two via Wonder Trade

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 11-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #770
Zeus
Side-Kick

whats wonder trade? I really need to jump on the online capability. But I am taking my time to beat the game first. (Just entered the city where I fight the second gym trainer)

I also find that starting out its best to go with Froakie...I chose Chespin but there is just not as many water types at the start other then Psyduck.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #771
WolfCypher
A NEW CHALLENGER

Quote:
whats wonder trade? I really need to jump on the online capability. But I am taking my time to beat the game first. (Just entered the city where I fight the second gym trainer)

I also find that starting out its best to go with Froakie...I chose Chespin but there is just not as many water types at the start other then Psyduck.
But you don't really need a Water-type (outside of personal preference) that early in the game for any important reason. You wont get access to Surf until much later, by then your Water-type options become available anyway and you'll get a Good Rod by this point, and the only Gym Leader that Water can type-trump this early in the game, Gym #2, its weak to Grass (which you first chose) anyway.

Any of the three Starters will work for you, unless you have a specific team in mind, or you prefer one over the other.

PS: Now that I think about it, as far as in-game playthrough goes, Water this Gen got NOTHING on the Gym Leaders. Only one Gym Leader is susceptible to Water-types. Fire is strong against Gyms #1 (Bug), #8 (Ice) and resistance against #6 (Fairy). Water & Grass don't really have much in the way of sweeping Gyms by type alone this Gen.

Quote:
I want that taffy butt!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #772
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:

Wonder Trade is when you randomly trade a Pokemon with another person. It's great when you're breeding for natures/IVs and want to do something with all the spares other than release them.

People also do a "Wonderlocke" run where they catch 6 Pokemon and Wonder Trade them, and use them as their team.

What I've been doing is catching Machokes in the Friend Safari, giving them good TM moves, and Wonder Trading them. I hope I'm giving someone a Machamp for their Wonderlocke run.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #773
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Checkout the new unofficial Poke Rap with all 718 Pokemon!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/...ll-718-pokemon

Old 11-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #774
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Hilarious...yet somehow wrong.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 11-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #775
Zeus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Wonder Trade is when you randomly trade a Pokemon with another person. It's great when you're breeding for natures/IVs and want to do something with all the spares other than release them.

People also do a "Wonderlocke" run where they catch 6 Pokemon and Wonder Trade them, and use them as their team.

What I've been doing is catching Machokes in the Friend Safari, giving them good TM moves, and Wonder Trading them. I hope I'm giving someone a Machamp for their Wonderlocke run.
That's nice of you, what do you get in return for doing that?

Closed Thread