The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Which is the best superhero trilogy?
The Blade Trilogy 2 1.04%
The X-Men Trilogy 8 4.17%
Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy 10 5.21%
The Dark Knight Trilogy 147 76.56%
The Iron Man Trilogy 25 13.02%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #51
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Jollity Farm
Posts: 36,618
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerspider View Post
If you don't understand that that saying refers to Batman as well, you didn't get the whole point of Harvey Dent's character in the film. The whole film is focused on Batman and Dent's character is simply there to parallel to Batman. Dent and Batman both are heroes for Gotham, helping in different ways. Dent does it 'by the book'. Batman does it by more extreme methods. They both love the same woman. They both meet this unstoppable force in The Joker. The Joker kills the woman they love. This is where the character's branch off. Dent's methods and Dent's heroics can not handle the brutality of The Joker and the death of the woman he loves. Batman, devastated, manages to fight on to stop The Joker because he's stronger than Dent he's the true hero. Dent's story arc re-afirms Batman's heroism. Batman disproves Dent's saying. Batman is strong enough to stand upon his morals and stand is heroic ground despite tragedy, despite the worst being brought upon. He never ceases to being the hero and becoming the villain. Yet, ironically, he does become the villain in the city's eyes at the end. Every character revolves around Batman in TDK. Batman is the main focus. Dent's there to re-affirm Batman's heroism and to show why Batman, in the context of the film, is better than 'going by the book'. He's transcended that to become something greater than a hero like a cop or a politician, which is exactly what he aimed to do in 'Batman Begins'. TDK is the perfect young Batman story. Its the first time his actions have real consequences and its the first time he has to admit being Batman is going to suck, but its worth it.

Regarding TDK trilogy being three separate stories, have you watched all three of them together in a short amount of time? They flow as one story. The most obvious reasons being The Joker card in BB leads to The Joker in TDK. Batman being on the run and retiring in TDKR due to Harvey's death at the end of TDK. The LoS returning in TDKR after the events of BB. It goes deeper than that though.

In Batman Begins, Falcone tells Bruce that he's wrong in thinking he has nothing to lose. Bruce seemingly isn't afraid to die. Bruce goes off on a quest to find himself, still seemingly without that fear of death. Bruce aims to be something greater than a man, a symbol. This idea is still intact in Bruce's mind in The Dark Knight when he meets Harvey Dent. However, Dent inspires him. Dent seems to be doing what Bruce has tried to do, but he's doing it without a mask. Dent also inspires him when he states that he doesn't believe Batman wants to do this forever and he's looking for someone to take his place. At that moment, Bruce realizes Dent could take his mantle and he could live happily with Rachel. From Begins and The Dark Knight, we've seen Rachel, the woman he loves, is the only person who could possibly do the impossible, bring Bruce away from Batman. So, Bruce decides its time for the Dent era of Gotham and the end of Batman. However, Joker has other plans which eventually leads to Rachel's death. At the same time, Dent is scarred physically and emotionally, going off the deep end. In a matter of seconds, Joker ruins the two things possible for Bruce to have a normal life.

Batman defeats the Joker and falsely puts the blame of Dent's actions on himself, falsely keeping the hope of Dent in Gotham. This works for 8 prosperous years for Gotham, but 8 terrible years for Bruce. Bruce didn't want to give up Batman. He needed Batman. Rachel was the only thing he wanted aside from Batman. Yet Bane comes and Batman gets back into action to help his city, and because he finally has a reason to dawn the cape. Amongst all of this, Batman meets a Catwoman, a woman with similarities to him even Rachel didn't share. He also meets John Blake, a young man who has the passion and drive for justice that he himself has. And suddenly, in the form of Catwoman and John Blake, Bruce has what Joker took away from him, a woman to have a normal life with and someone to take the Batman mantle so he can leave and have that normal life. These ideas don't fully develop until he's in Bane's prison, where for the first time since he was a child, he begins to fear death. He begins to realize he has something to lose. So Batman returns to Gotham and defeats Bane and apparently dies. In reality, Bruce gives up Batman and leaves with Selina, something he had wanted to do with Rachel since TDK. John Blake takes over as Gotham's protector, something Bruce thought Dent could do in TDK. And finally, Batman becomes a symbol and a legend, which is what he set out to do in Batman Begins. The trilogy has a specific beginning, middle and end. Its essentially one long story about Bruce Wayne.

__________________
"Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice!"

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #52
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I love on this board how when you state an opinion, you get a million people telling you you're wrong. I loved the Dark Knight, but it wasn't a good batman movie, it was a good Joker/Two Face movie. Those characters outshined Batman/Wayne. The best performance of the Bruce Wayne story was in Batman begins.

As I said that was a moot point anyway, they are three different stories that are serial in nature, anyone of them could exist without the other. You cannot have Return of the Jedi if you don't have Empire Strikes Back.
It's no longer something that is a made up opinion when you try to use the word 'fact'

Quote:
Sorry but no. In fact Bruce Wayne wasn't even the main character in the Dark Knight. The story revolved around Harvey Dent.
That is why people are telling you you're wrong.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #53
Thoix
Side-Kick
 
Thoix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Magalia, CA
Posts: 499
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I love on this board how when you state an opinion, you get a million people telling you you're wrong. I loved the Dark Knight, but it wasn't a good batman movie, it was a good Joker/Two Face movie. Those characters outshined Batman/Wayne. The best performance of the Bruce Wayne story was in Batman begins.
No, the performances out-shined Christian Bale's performance as Bruce Wayne, but it is a fact that The Dark Knight is a Batman movie.

Quote:
As I said that was a moot point anyway, they are three different stories that are serial in nature, anyone of them could exist without the other. You cannot have Return of the Jedi if you don't have Empire Strikes Back.
And you cannot have The Dark Knight Rises if you don't have The Dark Knight.

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #54
weezerspider
Side-Kick
 
weezerspider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,832
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I love on this board how when you state an opinion, you get a million people telling you you're wrong. I loved the Dark Knight, but it wasn't a good batman movie, it was a good Joker/Two Face movie. Those characters outshined Batman/Wayne. The best performance of the Bruce Wayne story was in Batman begins.

As I said that was a moot point anyway, they are three different stories that are serial in nature, anyone of them could exist without the other. You cannot have Return of the Jedi if you don't have Empire Strikes Back.
Its an opinion that you didn't feel TDK portrayed Batman great. Sure. But its a fact that TDK is a Batman film. He is the main protagonist. He has the most screen time. The characters and plot revolve around him. Thats a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Thank you! I'm here all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoix View Post
No, the performances out-shined Christian Bale's performance as Bruce Wayne, but it is a fact that The Dark Knight is a Batman movie.

And you cannot have The Dark Knight Rises if you don't have The Dark Knight.
Exactly. You can watch TDKR and somewhat understand it and for the most part enjoy it if you've never seen BB and TDK, but the same can be said for ROTJ.

__________________
"If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you'd be the first person in the history of the world."
-LANCASTER DODD
weezerspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 7,797
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post


unless you've seen Citizen Kane few people will get what I'm saying here.

__________________
“Whenever you see somebody crossing over to something it gives it pop. Like Murder She Wrote and Magnum [P.I.] — great crossover. I got excited.” Joss Whedon on Spider-man joining the Avengers.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #56
weezerspider
Side-Kick
 
weezerspider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,832
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post


unless you've seen Citizen Kane few people will get what I'm saying here.
Oh I get it. I think you might be the first person I've seen to use that gif in the right context.

__________________
"If you figure a way to live without serving a master, any master, then let the rest of us know, will you? For you'd be the first person in the history of the world."
-LANCASTER DODD
weezerspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:56 AM   #57
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,901
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

ITs slightly sad to see such a landslide victory. We really need more comic book trilogies of the same quality of Nolan's is what this says to me.

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #58
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,165
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Even the most ardent TDK must admit that Batman isn't the strongest character in TDK, therefore how can it be classed as a 'Batman' movie. I guess he is the titular character therefore it must be a 'Batman' but the honest truth is when watching TDK I'm must engaged when Joker is on the screen and when he isn't I'm counting the minutes until the Joker is back on the screen.

Imho, Batman Begins is a Batman movie, TDK is a Joker movie and TDKR is a Bruce Wayne movie.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:36 AM   #59
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,165
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
ITs slightly sad to see such a landslide victory. We really need more comic book trilogies of the same quality of Nolan's is what this says to me.
Superhero trilogies are really hard to do right.

Movie 1
Introduce the character, give the character enough focus and characterisation so the audience buy into the concept and route for the hero. And at the same time introduce a threat/villain that isn't short changed because of the focus given to the hero. Very difficult to do.

Movie 2
Escalation. For me the sequel is the easiest of the trilogy to pull off.
The sandbox is created the audience has been told all the rules (in the original movie) it is then a case of bigger, better badder.
More often than not the sequel will be better than the original and unless the sequel drops the ball *cough* IM2 *cough*

Movie 3
The climax. Imho the hardest movie in the trilogy to do right.
The audience are expecting something bigger than the sequel which has already upped the stakes but you also have to close out the trilogy in a satisfying way. Very difficult to balance.
Cast, crew and director my be phoning it in having worked on the franchise for several years.
So you have to up the stakes of the second movie, give the movie a satisfying conclusion and get performances out of jaded actors.
The best example of this being executed perfectly is Toy Story 3 other than that the examples are few and far between and the ONLY example I can think of in the superhero genre is TDKR and that movie is as flawed as ****.

Superhero trilogies are hard to do, so we should expect the worst but hope for the best.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:11 AM   #60
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,901
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

It seems that is the truth, maybe Nolan already had a good idea for the story over the entire trilogy from the start so he had some idea where it was all going to go, where as some just happen to get a sequal because the first did well at the box office and so they have to come up with something that doesnt follow on well or work as well as the previous.

Its odd with all the comic books they have as resource material that finding three decent stories to tell is so hard to do.

But then third films in any genre trilogy is hard to do, I can think of many a stinker but very few decent ones, Bourne Ultimatum sticks out as one good one but generally poor.
IM3 was ok, had its issues but wasnt a stinker but TDKR is the best to me but seems to get knocked down because it could never live up to TDK.

But anyway those trilogies are done now and they are what they are, we will just have to hope that something else comes along which is as good or better.

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:23 AM   #61
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,165
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
It seems that is the truth, maybe Nolan already had a good idea for the story over the entire trilogy from the start so he had some idea where it was all going to go, where as some just happen to get a sequal because the first did well at the box office and so they have to come up with something that doesnt follow on well or work as well as the previous.

Its odd with all the comic books they have as resource material that finding three decent stories to tell is so hard to do.

But then third films in any genre trilogy is hard to do, I can think of many a stinker but very few decent ones, Bourne Ultimatum sticks out as one good one but generally poor.
IM3 was ok, had its issues but wasnt a stinker but TDKR is the best to me but seems to get knocked down because it could never live up to TDK.

But anyway those trilogies are done now and they are what they are, we will just have to hope that something else comes along which is as good or better.
A lot of opening movies aren't sure they will get a sequel so put so much in the opening movie the sequel has no where to go. I think MoS is really going to struggle to escalate in sequel. You go in the opposite direction and hold stuff back and that is a risk because the audience may not respond to the lack of action.

My general point is unless you are a Spider-Man, Batman or Superman there is no guarantee of a sequel and even Superman isn't guaranteed of a sequel, look at Superman Returns. So whilst you 'should' plan out the trilogy ahead of time it's difficult because you don't know if you are going to get a sequel.

Look at Dredd, brilliant movie. No sequel. Imagine if the first movie wasn't stand alone and they set up elements for a trilogy that never get paid off.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #62
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,901
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
A lot of opening movies aren't sure they will get a sequel so put so much in the opening movie the sequel has no where to go. I think MoS is really going to struggle to escalate in sequel. You go in the opposite direction and hold stuff back and that is a risk because the audience may not respond to the lack of action.

My general point is unless you are a Spider-Man, Batman or Superman there is no guarantee of a sequel and even Superman isn't guaranteed of a sequel, look at Superman Returns. So whilst you 'should' plan out the trilogy ahead of time it's difficult because you don't know if you are going to get a sequel.

Look at Dredd, brilliant movie. No sequel. Imagine if the first movie wasn't stand alone and they set up elements for a trilogy that never get paid off.
Yes valid points again I suppose. It does come down to $ made in the end, so if the first one bombs then theres no chance of a sequal or much less chance.

But if you look at something like Star Wars where the story for all three was there from the start before the first camera rolled it worked so much better than most trilogies for it, even ROTJ which is always the black sheep of the three worked in its context of the story for the saga, but nowadays directors tend to change from one film to the next and dont tend to like doing someone elses story, even ironman changed by the third installment.

Such a shame about Dredd that was such an unexpected surprise but nobody went to see it!! and the chance of a sequal seems gone now. But at least one good one is better than none at all.

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #63
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Superhero trilogies are really hard to do right.

Movie 1
Introduce the character, give the character enough focus and characterisation so the audience buy into the concept and route for the hero. And at the same time introduce a threat/villain that isn't short changed because of the focus given to the hero. Very difficult to do.

Movie 2
Escalation. For me the sequel is the easiest of the trilogy to pull off.
The sandbox is created the audience has been told all the rules (in the original movie) it is then a case of bigger, better badder.
More often than not the sequel will be better than the original and unless the sequel drops the ball *cough* IM2 *cough*

Movie 3
The climax. Imho the hardest movie in the trilogy to do right.
The audience are expecting something bigger than the sequel which has already upped the stakes but you also have to close out the trilogy in a satisfying way. Very difficult to balance.
Cast, crew and director my be phoning it in having worked on the franchise for several years.
So you have to up the stakes of the second movie, give the movie a satisfying conclusion and get performances out of jaded actors.
The best example of this being executed perfectly is Toy Story 3 other than that the examples are few and far between and the ONLY example I can think of in the superhero genre is TDKR and that movie is as flawed as ****.

Superhero trilogies are hard to do, so we should expect the worst but hope for the best.
Agree with the notion of trilogies are quite difficult and those essential ideas of what each film builds, but TDKR is not any more flawed as its predecessors. It's a film that makes the viewer think, and that's not a bad thing, but it is the most well executed third installment in the superhero genre and it will be a while until we see another(my bet is The Avengers 3, as well as The Avengers being the only challenge for TDKTrilogy when it comes to great trilogies...imo, Captain America, Thor, The Amazing Spider-Man...they're not that great as their first films to even make a great trilogy, and TAS-M will even be getting a fourth it seems).

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:50 AM   #64
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Imho, Batman Begins is a Batman movie, TDK is a Joker movie and TDKR is a Bruce Wayne movie.
I have always viewed it as this:

Batman Begins is a Batman movie. The origins of Nolan's Batman of how Bruce Wayne trained and how he created the symbol. Gotham's reaction to this new vigilante, both good and bad and the ramifications of Batman's presence such as Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul showing their colors.

The Dark Knight is a Gotham movie. Continuous feelings, both good and bad, of this Batman character but in a much more broader sense as well as giving use equally popular characters of Harvey "Two-Face" Dent and The Joker. All three were very important factors in TDK, the first where the villain and Batman are on equal turf when it comes to importance in a Batfilm.

The Dark Knight Rises is a Bruce Wayne movie. Yes, Batman quit for eight years and yet there could have been more about both of his returns, but this film was all about concluding Bruce Wayne's arc and passing the mantle down. Everything else, including Gotham's "voice" was at a complete minimum, but Bruce's story arc was needed to be concluded first and foremost. I am at least pleased we had some relevance of Gotham and their troubles. Also, the team of Bane and Talia played very parallel parts to Bruce and Rachel that it just makes sense why they are the villains being used for this Bruce Wayne-centered film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #65
Morcego
Tadarida Brasiliensis
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 79
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

I'd rank them as follow:
1)The Dark Knight Trilogy (by a good margin)
2)Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy
3)The Iron Man Trilogy
4)The X-Men Trilogy
5)The Blade Trilogy

Morcego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #66
Ipodman
Love Tension
 
Ipodman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 9,183
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

If only Iron Man - Avengers - Iron Man 3 could be considered a trilogy...

Ipodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #67
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 3,965
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

The Dark Knight Trilogy by so far it's not even funny.

__________________
Top ten favorite theatrical superhero movies:

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 AM   #68
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,901
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

In order I would have:

1. Dark Knight trilogy
2. X-men trilogy
3. Spiderman trilogy
4. Ironman trilogy
5. Blade trilogy

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #69
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,277
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

The Dark Night Trilogy > The Iron Man Trilogy > The X-Men Trilogy

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #70
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,007
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

I think even if third movies are good, fans expectations are too high for anything to ever live up to them. That is why actually good threequels (they do exist) like ROTJ, BTTF3, Bourne Ultimatum and, yes, TDKR get **** on to an ever extensive degree. They are all good movies but because none were the best movie in their respective trilogy, they are unduly hated.

I would include IM3, as I enjoyed it. However, the Mandarin twist makes that hard. While I enjoyed that as a fan of films, it genuinely is a problem for comic readers who were anticipating that.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #71
Paradox1
Side-Kick
 
Paradox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,045
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

TDK is by far the greatest of them all anybody who says otherwise makes me scratch my head in confusion. Iron Man had one good film and the other two are ok not terrible if you don't mind shutting off your brain. X-men could of been great had a lot of promise after the second movie then X-3 happened.

__________________
"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:09 AM   #72
spider-neil
spins a web any size!
 
spider-neil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,165
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Definitely the Nolan trilogy by virtue of having a decent 3rd movie. For me it would have been Raimi's Spider-man as I absolutely love the first two movies but I was so disappointed with the 3rd movie there is no way I can give the trilogy the nod over Nolan. I completely blame Arad for that **** up, Sam had earned the right to make HIS movie.

No Venom means no black costume, means no dancing means better movie.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:17 AM   #73
Morcego
Tadarida Brasiliensis
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 79
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
TDK is by far the greatest of them all anybody who says otherwise makes me scratch my head in confusion. Iron Man had one good film and the other two are ok not terrible if you don't mind shutting off your brain. X-men could of been great had a lot of promise after the second movie then X-3 happened.
Indeed, the gap between the TDKT and the others is quite big.

Morcego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #74
BlackFox
Burn baby burn!
 
BlackFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: out of sight
Posts: 3,901
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morcego View Post
Indeed, the gap between the TDKT and the others is quite big.
True but I think only a half decent third movie for either Xmen or Spiderman would make it less so.

But both had such terrible third acts they sorted of ruined what came before.

__________________
FLAME ON!
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #75
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.
 
CConn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Peter North's Southern Headquarters
Posts: 57,587
Default Re: Best Superhero Trilogy

TDK Trilogy.

If only IM2 were better...it could've been competition.

__________________
It's like a non-consecutive 24-hour dance party.
CConn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.