The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #126
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I do 90% of the time. Yes I do in fact hold back sometimes.

I'm sick of the whining about this movie being "too dark" from rose colored glasses Donner fans. They call it dark and too violent and haven't even seen the damn thing!

News flash this isn't the goddamn 70's, this movie was never going to have some sterotypical black dude yelling about how awesome Superman's suit is or the myriad of ridiculous things in Superman: The Movie.

When we all see the film it can be debated whether or not the film's tone is to dark but if the movie works I promise you that the GA and most fanboys/fangirls aren't going to give a flying **** about that convo.

Lastly Mr. Lindelof should never talk about something being changed too much when he is involved with the mofo jokey, loud, action version of Star Trek.

And no, I still don't care about butt hurt Trek fans feelings about the changes. I like original Trek and this new twisted version so they still need to get as much of a life as Lindelof.
I'm beginning to love your posts.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #127
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Or the freaked out black cab driver in TASM during the Lizard scene.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #128
ThreadPool
Internet Narcissist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
and don't forget....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
^ Lol is that the guy from Chappelle show?? I never noticed that.

SO STRANGE
Tegan and Sara
Drove Me Wild
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #129
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Old 05-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #130
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
and don't forget....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
LOL. I remember that scene. Is that supposed to reference Bo Tucker as the Pimp yelling, "Woooh, that's baaad outfit" in Superman TM?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #131
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreadPool View Post
Haha! From ashy, to classy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Or the freaked out black cab driver in TASM during the Lizard scene.
Why oh why..
Well..they're both comics.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #132
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Cool, I won some yesterday as well

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 05-16-2013, 12:46 PM   #133
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Cool, I won some yesterday as well
Woohoo! Superman fans getting free tickets since we are probably the only ones playing it lol.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #134
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do 90% of the time. Yes I do in fact hold back sometimes.

I'm sick of the whining about this movie being "too dark" from rose colored glasses Donner fans. They call it dark and too violent and haven't even seen the damn thing!
Most of them tend to be guy/gal born after 1978 and a couple of dude/dudette who were still in their nappy. At least IMO. Not a knock on them, but I simply do not understand their obsession with a 30+ years old movie.

I'm older than Damon Lindelof, but I do not have such attachment to Donner Superman like some of these guys. When I saw Superman Returns I was just disppointed with the lack of original idea in that film and the re-use of John Williams score - I don't need to hear it over and over again. One of few reasons I hardly go to the cinema these days - I get bored too easily.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #135
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Haha! From ashy, to classy.

Why oh why..
Well..they're both comics.
lol, maybe since this is a different Spider-Man, that's the same guy from SM2 but a "rebooted" version who looks different but is still the same character essentially.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #136
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
Most of them tend to be guy/gal born after 1978 and a couple of dude/dudette who were still in their nappy. At least IMO. Not a knock on them, but I simply do not understand their obsession with a 30+ years old movie.
At least we're obsessed with a movie we've actually seen.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #137
jacobed
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrip View Post
Well here you go,
Thanks big time, got 2 free tickets for the 12th!

Old 05-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #138
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:
lol, maybe since this is a different Spider-Man, that's the same guy from SM2 but a "rebooted" version who looks different but is still the same character essentially.
Hahaha to be honest, I liked the SM2 guy better. But since this is a Supes thread, maybe we can see the cute little kid from Superman Returns in MOS! Maybe a shot of Stan Lee saving the kid from falling deb-...wait a minute. :]

Old 05-16-2013, 01:06 PM   #139
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Hahaha to be honest, I liked the SM2 guy better. But since this is a Supes thread, maybe we can see the cute little kid from Superman Returns in MOS! Maybe a shot of Stan Lee saving the kid from falling deb-...wait a minute. :]

I agree, the SM2 was better to me too. He was funnier.

LOL I remember that scene!

But dear god, I hope that kid from SR isn't anywhere near MOS. Even if he isn't the same character, I don't want to see him!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #140
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
It's not a problem with me if you felt that way. I have seen Superman in the cinema in 1978, wore classic shield T-shirt, had an action figure and a couple other collections. That and also Star Wars. But this does not mean that I'm obsessed with it too much to point of say complaining about the tone, direction etc of the future Superman film.

Like what Donner said when asked for his view & advice by a media outlet upon Snyder being hired to direct about two years ago, he said that he would like the director to show him something different. I'm of similar view to Donner in that regards.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #141
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:
I agree, the SM2 was better to me too. He was funnier.

LOL I remember that scene!

But dear god, I hope that kid from SR isn't anywhere near MOS. Even if he isn't the same character, I don't want to see him!
Glad you got it :]
And aw why not?! He's pwecious! Haha I'm kidding I could care less. That's like telling me you wanna see Topher Grace in TASM2. God no

Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #142
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorchamp View Post
This forum needs a rep system...as I would totally rep that post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I'm beginning to love your posts.
Thanks for the kind feedback guys.

Quote:
Uhuh, really? How about the Nolan-directed and Goyer-written Batman Begins with Gordon "I gotta get me one of those" and the black guy's "Nice ride" reactions to the Tumbler? Seems to be the same kind of humor as the "Say Jim" guy. Lets not pretend that just because it's 30 years later that things are supposedly more sophisticated and mature and that team Nolan isn't capable of low-brow humor.
I'm not a Nolanite sir, as a matter of fact I'm one of Goyer and Nolan's biggest critics when it comes to the Batman franchise. I have been highly critical all of Nolan's Bat-films. I do not ignore their flaws like a lot of people seem to because they are "dark n hardcore!" On the contrary I like slightly less self serious fair than Nolan has given us with his comicbook films. I am hoping for a less popcorny movie than Trek 2 and IM3 though because, although I like those films, the constant jokiness and thrill ride pacing has gotten tiresome. I want a little more depth (says the girl eagerly awaiting Fast 6). Hopefully this new Superman film is a little less self serious than Nolan's Bat-films.

Even with Goyer's iffy writing I perfer Batman Begins over Superman the movie. Even getting into a 1970's mindset doesn't help me like the film. I like parts of it, it's not terrible and I respect that it created the structure of modern the comicbook film.

Obviously there is greatness in the film for that very reason and it cannot under any circumstances be dismissed. I consider it a classic eventhough I don't care for it. Surly you can agree though that a 1970's tone would be reduntant and not work as well in a 2000's Superman movie, that it needs to get with the times for lack of a better term?

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #143
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Uhuh, really? How about the Nolan-directed and Goyer-written Batman Begins with Gordon "I gotta get me one of those" and the black guy's "Nice ride" reactions to the Tumbler? Seems to be the same kind of humor as the "Say Jim" guy. Lets not pretend that just because it's 30 years later that things are supposedly more sophisticated and mature and that team Nolan isn't capable of low-brow humor.
Umm, I don't think she was suggesting anything along these lines at all.

Edit: ^Beat me to it.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 05-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #144
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Quote:

Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #145
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanBeyond View Post
Umm, I don't think she was suggesting anything along these lines at all.

Edit: ^Beat me to it.
It's fine, he just doesn't know my posting history. I assume wrongheaded things all the time so I'm not the one to judge...too harshly.

I do agree with his thought that we shouldn't call MOS great sight unseen. Just like that whiny ass screenwriter Lindy shouldn't call it bad, we should see the movie before declaring it anything.

I won't apologize for thinking it looks outstanding though because I think it does.

I hate to assume things but I'm guessing by his avatar that he didn't take to kindly to me saying that a 2000's movie shouldn't play out like a 70's film and because I said that Donner Superman fans were wearing rose colored glasses. I understand why he would lash out if he is a fan of the film. I do the same thing and I'm sure my nostalgia goggles are on when it comes to certain films.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-16-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:58 PM   #146
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Thanks big time, got 2 free tickets for the 12th!
You're welcome

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #147
jasvll
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
It's not a problem with me if you felt that way. I have seen Superman in the cinema in 1978, wore classic shield T-shirt, had an action figure and a couple other collections. That and also Star Wars. But this does not mean that I'm obsessed with it too much to point of say complaining about the tone, direction etc of the future Superman film.

Like what Donner said when asked for his view & advice by a media outlet upon Snyder being hired to direct about two years ago, he said that he would like the director to show him something different. I'm of similar view to Donner in that regards.
Interesting how often he said the exact opposite just a couple of years earlier.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #148
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
It's fine, he just doesn't know my posting history. I assume wrongheaded things all the time so I'm not the one to judge...too harshly.

I do agree with his thought that we shouldn't call MOS great sight unseen. Just like that whiny ass screenwriter Lindy, we should see the movie before declaring it even decent to be honest.

I won't apologize for thinking it looks outstanding though because I think it does.
Agreed. As I've mentioned in another post, I really do hope this movie's as good as it looks. But I'll be holding back on the hyperbole for a little while longer.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
Old 05-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #149
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Speaking of hyperbole -

IF some of our members or outside critics see advanced screenings and come back with negative reviews, we need to make sure folk around here don't attack them for it. I've seen it happen on the TASM and IM3 boards. Its ridiculous. You can't disagree with a negative review without first seeing the movie yourself.

Just a random aside.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #150
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Speaking of hyperbole -

IF some of our members or outside critics see advanced screenings and come back with negative reviews, we need to make sure folk around here don't attack them for it. I've seen it happen on the TASM and IM3 boards. Its ridiculous. You can't disagree with a negative review without first seeing the movie yourself.

Just a random aside.
I can promise you that I won't be agreeing or disagreeing with any reviews until I've seen the film.

Closed Thread