The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
tecnowraith
Side-Kick

Default Marvel heroes & normal characters cameos

We have threads for Villains and Guest stars so how about other Heroes and other characters in the MU you should show in the show? We know not many high profile heroes like the Avengers will show up too much for cost reasons but for the second-string and low powered heroes could appear.

My ideas would be
  • Moonknight - since they were talking it a series awhile back
  • Cloak and Dagger - same as Moonknight
  • Jessica Drew - Spider Woman is was for a series
  • Daredevil or just Matt Murdoch just doing lawyer part
  • Punisher maybe

What are your ideas for cameos?

Last edited by tecnowraith; 05-16-2013 at 09:57 AM.
tecnowraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #2
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel heroes & normal characters cameos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tecnowraith View Post
We have threads for Villains and Guest stars so how about other Heroes and other characters in the MU you should show in the show? We know not many high profile heroes like the Avengers will show up too much for cost reasons but for the second-string and low powered heroes could appear.

My ideas would be
  • Moonknight - since they were talking it a series awhile back
  • Cloak and Dagger - same as Moonknight
  • Jessica Lang - Spider Woman is was for a series
  • Daredevil or just Matt Murdoch just doing lawyer part
  • Punisher maybe

What are your ideas for cameos?
You mean Jessica Drew?

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
tecnowraith
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
You mean Jessica Drew?
Yeah could not remember the last name . Fixed it.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
eddy
Side-Kick

Sitwell and the MIB from Lost(Item 47) should make a appearance.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

It would be neat to see Valerie Cooper in at least one episode.

Old 05-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
Eddie
Side-Kick

Obnoxio the Clown or bust.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I really want to see one of the LGBT Marvel heroes. We're not going to see them on film any time soon probably, so the first step would seem to be in the TV realm. It would get a lot of promotions, even people who don't read comics would be interested because it'd be the first time an LGBT person is viewed in such a light - it makes news, driving more interest in the shows and more viewers than before. I know people who don't know anything about comics yet somehow heard about the Northstar wedding before I did, I think that says something. Plus, I'm all for being innovative - it'd be the first time it ever happened. And the role could be played by Neil Patrick Harris, a friend of Joss and I'm pretty sure he'd be more than interested because of the positive message and forward momentum this character would have.

Other than that, everyone I've stated before has already been mentioned other than --

- Werewolf by Night
- Ghost Rider
- Blade

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #8
chronos
Side-Kick

I'm sure that there'll be plenty more agents created specifically for this show, but I'd like to see more comics based agents have cameos like Jimmy Woo, GW Bridge, The Countessa, Clay Quartermain, Bobbi Morse, Yelena Belova, or Pete Wisdom.

chronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I really want to see one of the LGBT Marvel heroes. We're not going to see them on film any time soon probably, so the first step would seem to be in the TV realm. It would get a lot of promotions, even people who don't read comics would be interested because it'd be the first time an LGBT person is viewed in such a light - it makes news, driving more interest in the shows and more viewers than before. I know people who don't know anything about comics yet somehow heard about the Northstar wedding before I did, I think that says something. Plus, I'm all for being innovative - it'd be the first time it ever happened. And the role could be played by Neil Patrick Harris, a friend of Joss and I'm pretty sure he'd be more than interested because of the positive message and forward momentum this character would have.

Other than that, everyone I've stated before has already been mentioned other than --

- Werewolf by Night
- Ghost Rider
- Blade
having a LGBT hero in the show would be a really cool thing to see, I know a few gay people and it always bugs me when I hear people talk down about someone for how they were born and who they are, so seeing something positive in the MCU and media would be a great thing. (also when people make fun of mentally handicapped people as well... I HATE the 'r' word, it's just so ugly and rude.) Also Seeing NPH would be cool, but he might overpower the character itself and only be seen as NPH or a superhero Barney to most lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Also Seeing NPH would be cool, but he might overpower the character itself and only be seen as NPH or a superhero Barney to most lol.
It depends on what type of character it is. I'm sure he'd be able to play a cool villain.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #11
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
It depends on what type of character it is. I'm sure he'd be able to play a cool villain.
yeah I'd love to see him in a new role, since HIMYM is ending fairly soon, and he hasn't really done much that isn't voice acting roles lately outside of Smurfs and Harold and Kumar I'm curious to see where he goes next. MCU would be amazing! haha

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:34 AM   #12
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
having a LGBT hero in the show would be a really cool thing to see, I know a few gay people and it always bugs me when I hear people talk down about someone for how they were born and who they are, so seeing something positive in the MCU and media would be a great thing. (also when people make fun of mentally handicapped people as well... I HATE the 'r' word, it's just so ugly and rude.) Also Seeing NPH would be cool, but he might overpower the character itself and only be seen as NPH or a superhero Barney to most lol.
I've hoped the MCU would have a canonically LGBT character for a while. This isn't the 60s any more; it's way past time for diversity in terms of sexuality in the film universe. Some trolls over on the IMDb forums were making snide comments about Coulson's sexuality because he was fanboying over Cap in TA, but why would anyone assume that it would be a negative if he or any other character were gay? It wouldn't make them any less heroic or badass because it's just another facet of their personality.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #13
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

yup being gay is just like race, you can't choose to be who you are or what you look like, you're born with it. I just wish others could see that and not be so cynical towards others.

(and please no one turn that comment into a debate point if you feel differently about sexual orientation, this isn't the place. If someone is uncomfortable I can delete the post.)

Old 05-17-2013, 01:33 AM   #14
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
yup being gay is just like race, you can't choose to be who you are or what you look like, you're born with it. I just wish others could see that and not be so cynical towards others.
Sexual orientation isn't quite comparable to race, but I agree that no harm comes from homosexuality.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #15
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Sexual orientation isn't quite comparable to race, but I agree that no harm comes from homosexuality.
yeah not a perfect comparison, but the best I could think of atm.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #16
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Do you guys think it's possible that this series will set up Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #17
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you guys think it's possible that this series will set up Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver for Avengers 2?
I'd say that is a distinct possibility. I liked Joss' quote yesterday that this is going to be flowing in and out of the MCU. I'd venture to say that they are going to use this medium as much as they possibly can and I think that actors that they sign from this point forward will probably have a clause in their contract for TV work.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #18
metaphysician
Side-Kick

If so, it will probably only do so indirectly, by expanding upon what eventually becomes their power source.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:45 PM   #19
Endeavor

Thought of another character that would be a cool guest star:

Old 05-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
If you ever saw him in the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode "Want", he played a completely different character to Barney - almost his polar opposite. He was a chilling and yet sympathetic villain. Everything that Barney is, NPH's character wasn't. And his hair was dyed brown as well, so he looked quite different.

But I would rather he were saved for a different role than just a small cameo or villain. I think he could play a hero. But even if he did play a villain he would rise to the task as his performance in there was extremely memorable. Unfortunately they no longer have a proper clip of that episode on You Tube.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #21
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Squirrel Girl!

zeroapoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Endeavor

^Nooooo. That thing should be burned with napalm.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #23
ShaZam612
Side-Kick

Billy & Teddy (Wiccan & Hulkling) would make such great television charactes but sadly there's no way they could introduce them on the show

ShaZam612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #24
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post

- Werewolf by Night
- Ghost Rider
- Blade
I'd love to see those.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #25
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

This show could be a good place to introduce She-Hulk.

zeroapoc is offline   Reply With Quote