The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Did you like the comic? Do you want more tie-ins?
Yes, I liked it, sure I'd like more 13 48.15%
No, I hated it, BURN IT WITH FIRE!! 2 7.41%
I haven't read it 11 40.74%
Yes, No one is enough 1 3.70%
Other (specify in comments) 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #351
Kane52630
Nightcall User

Default Re: Man Of Steel Tie-In Comic *GIRL OF STEEL CONFIRMED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The next one should be called Man of Tomorrow. After that I don't know.
Man of Tomorrow Rises

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:01 PM   #352
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
They would certainly have limitations in how they think- whether scientist, warrior or worker class- and Kal-El wouldn't have that problem. Zod would be very single-minded, in the warrior class, and that may have its advantages/disadvantages.

A problem I would find in Kryptonians creating the Atlantean and Amazon races, would be the loss of ancient ties, such as the Amazon ties to Ancient Greece. Unless the theory that Kara crashed thousands of years ago is true...
Yea in the prequal comic it is said that the ship landed thousands of years ago.

smsvmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #353
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

....Amazons and Atlantians being Kryptonians or influenced by Kryptonians.......worst idea I've ever heard......its basically suggesting that WB rob those characters of their own unique histories and goes against what pretty well every fan has demanded from comic book movies and that is to stay true to the source material.

And the Prequel comic does not say "thousands of years ago", it simply says "BEFORE" and "TODAY", meaning it could have been at any time before the events of Man Of Steel, exactly how much time.....will find out when the movie comes out.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #354
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

There have been some MOS spoilers from the book "Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman" that give some answers. It says (WARNING: MOS SPOILERS) :

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
We learn more about the Fortress of Solitude, which we learned the origin for in the Man of Steel prequel comic book. It's organic; full of Kryptonian artifacts; environmental skinsuits which becomes Superman's costume; powers up after 18,000 years; bursts from the ice to land in a mountaintop.
and

Quote:
Kyrptonians gave up space travel; they put together Black Zero (prison barge) through spare parts, sort of "hot wired it."
This suggest that Kara's crashed ship did land on Earth thousands of years ago, that Kryptonians had given up space travel, that the terraforming/space programme Kara was part of was way in the past.

So there does look to be changes regarding Kara's relation to Clark, as well as Zor-El not being Jor-El's brother.

More spoilers:
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...s-lands-online

Last edited by Willi Berg; 05-24-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 PM   #355
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So is Kara still alive and on earth?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, TMNT- 7.5/10, Maze Runner- 8/10, Expendables 3- 7/10, Interstellar-9/10, Big Hero 6- 8.5/10

Last edited by Quasimod0; 05-24-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #356
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
So is Kara still alive and on earth?
That's the mystery.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #357
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Kal will find a super closet and inside he will find a super thong and then he will know Kara is somewhere out there <3

DaJanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #358
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
....Amazons and Atlantians being Kryptonians or influenced by Kryptonians.......worst idea I've ever heard......its basically suggesting that WB rob those characters of their own unique histories and goes against what pretty well every fan has demanded from comic book movies and that is to stay true to the source material.

And the Prequel comic does not say "thousands of years ago", it simply says "BEFORE" and "TODAY", meaning it could have been at any time before the events of Man Of Steel, exactly how much time.....will find out when the movie comes out.
Its not about what the source material is ( we all know that those things change in movies) it's more about staying true to character .

If u want to stay source material then u don't like The Batman movies since its not based in an universe where there are other DC heroes.

I was bringing this idea as a way to consolidate this universe in to one and at the same time not disrespect source material. For instance we all know that the Egyptians had their Gods but what if tomorrow we find information that the Gods that they have where actually aliens? Will that make the Egyptians any different ? I don't think so?

May be as a way to make the Atlantians and Amazons believable in this DC universe, their Gods could have been Kryptonians and they didn't know about it so they create this civilization without knowing the origin of their powers believing that it came from the Gods. U see it stays true to character and adds a twist

Old 05-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #359
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so if Kara's an 18,000 year old ancestor, how does that explain Dev-Em?

isn't Dev-Em one of Zod's followers, and didn't they cast a guy to play that role?

Dev-Em would also be 18,000 years old...........how would he be alive??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #360
Andreth
Side-Kick

Or Dev-Em could be just Zod's follower with no ties to Kara.

Has it been confirmed he's in Kara's ship ?

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:50 PM   #361
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

yes, there is a character called Dev-Em in the prequel comic.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #362
Andreth
Side-Kick

hmmm, ok well then I have no idea.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #363
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Yea that's the only part that confused me. I don't mind Kara being old cousin ancestor it doesn't really matter how old to me because more than likely she won't age or will be in cryo sleep. I'm just confused that if she's that old how can dev-em be working with zod on krypton. Unless he finds a way back?

DaJanksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #364
Rogzilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsvmos View Post
Its not about what the source material is ( we all know that those things change in movies) it's more about staying true to character .

If u want to stay source material then u don't like The Batman movies since its not based in an universe where there are other DC heroes.

I was bringing this idea as a way to consolidate this universe in to one and at the same time not disrespect source material. For instance we all know that the Egyptians had their Gods but what if tomorrow we find information that the Gods that they have where actually aliens? Will that make the Egyptians any different ? I don't think so?

May be as a way to make the Atlantians and Amazons believable in this DC universe, their Gods could have been Kryptonians and they didn't know about it so they create this civilization without knowing the origin of their powers believing that it came from the Gods. U see it stays true to character and adds a twist

No. Aside from the fact that ideas like this have been done to death (Stargate and Transformers, to name a few), it makes no sense to rob these characters of their mythology to try and shoe horn in some sort of tied together back story. Just let them all be their own thing.

Rogzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #365
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:

Batman's story is over 90% separate from the rest of the DCU, in the original comics he pretty well never had any of the other heroes crossover into his stories and vise versa, Batman first appeared in the comics in 1939, he didnt team up with/know the existence of any other hero until the 1950's, so yes the Batman movies are very much so based on the source material and for most cases true to the characters with a few exceptions.

Making the Gods of the Amazon's and Atlantian's Kryptonian is insulting to both as well as to the Kryptonians, you are making the Kryptonians way to involved with things for no reasons what so ever, the way your making it sound has no backbone to it other than "oh look, were introducing an alien race, lets make them involved with everything now"....pointless.

Oh and others with "18,000 years" and more out in the open.......SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #366
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogzilla View Post
No. Aside from the fact that ideas like this have been done to death (Stargate and Transformers, to name a few), it makes no sense to rob these characters of their mythology to try and shoe horn in some sort of tied together back story. Just let them all be their own thing.
Then u don't want to see a JLA movie?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #367
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Then u don't want to see a JLA movie?
You can easily have a JLA movie without doing what you said, its doing what you said that will make a JLA movie flop

*edit*

Also, none of this has anything to do with this topic, save all the Amazon and Atlantian and JLA talk for the JLA sections

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #368
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Has someone recapped the comics yet for us?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #369
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
But the way I see the tie in would be Kara creates like this blank slate clones like in the movie Prometheus and release them. Maybe those clones Become the Mythical Gods of Earth (too big of a stretch but what the heck) and they create the Atlantian Civilization and The Amazons.
It's kind of like seamonkeys!

Quote:
Superman would need to create a civil war on new krypton to win that fight.
If the third movie in a MOS trilogy is going to go out in a big way I can see something like a civil war between Kryptonians and people of Earth, and whose side they take etc. Or the growth codex could be a catalyst for future villains like Doomsday maybe?

The way I see it, if the DC Universe really is opening up on film, then they will have a variety of explanations for all the origins of superheroes. Obviously Green Lantern and Flash can't fit into this "Kryptonian embryos" scenario, and we have already heard about Thanagarians in this comic...

There's just going to be a lot of different elements and explanations for all these heroes. If something like Wonder Woman were to spin off into solo movies then maybe filmmakers would want to portray gods and goddesses and have explanations and elements beyond the idea of the Amazons being old Kryptonians.

Who knows though. I don't think MOS has to worry about all that really, but does have to set up more of its own story, for its own sequels.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #370
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
Batman's story is over 90% separate from the rest of the DCU, in the original comics he pretty well never had any of the other heroes crossover into his stories and vise versa, Batman first appeared in the comics in 1939, he didnt team up with/know the existence of any other hero until the 1950's, so yes the Batman movies are very much so based on the source material and for most cases true to the characters with a few exceptions.

Making the Gods of the Amazon's and Atlantian's Kryptonian is insulting to both as well as to the Kryptonians, you are making the Kryptonians way to involved with things for no reasons what so ever, the way your making it sound has no backbone to it other than "oh look, were introducing an alien race, lets make them involved with everything now"....pointless.

Oh and others with "18,000 years" and more out in the open.......SPOILER TAGS!!!!!!!!
The truth is that this is an interpretation of a character that has been changed so many times that we don't know what's the definite true story anymore. After this movie comes out DC is going to incorporate MOS story in the comics and then change it again in a few years like they did when SR came out. This is an alternate universe like Smallville, Superman The Movie, Lois & Clark, Etc etc...

I bring this points of Kryptonians being ancient gods for some of the things that I have notice in trailers and prequel comics and leaked spoilers

1. Jor-El says that Kal-El will be a God to them:
-That implies that he knew that he would be more powerful than the humans and that Kryptonians had visit earth before and knew how the earthling will react after meeting him.

2. Genetic Manipulation in Krypton
- The Kryptonians Clone their own species to fit their needs as a population with the exception of Kal-El which is born of natural conception.

3. Superman Prequel.
- Kara comes to earth 18,000 years Ago (That is in the Ice Age) and she brings with her Kryptonian Clones. What For?

So why not change a bit the story of the other JL characters for the sake of getting to see a JLA Movie in 2 years?

Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #371
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Has someone recapped the comics yet for us?
I did a few pages back:

Quote:
Kara and a group of other young pilots-in-training are in the Kryptonian jungle, retrieving beacons as part of their terraform training. They have to learn to deal with an alien planet's harsh environment. But only four of the people in the group will be chosen to take on the space expedition upon graduation. Dev-Em is a member of the group. When they split up, Dev-Em kills one of the other people, Kell, who is Kara's friend/love interest, in order to increase his chances of being chosen. Kara battles with Dev-Em and has him arrested for murder. Murder is rare on Krypton, and Dev is sentenced to death. Kara graduates, says goodbye to her parents Zor-El and Alura, and soon takes off in one of the scout ships. The whole fleet of ships take off to explore and help Krypton "expand". Each scout ship has a "Growth Codex" that will allow them to let the stored embryos grow into full-grown Kryptonians and help them terraform the land.

Kara and her team go to sleep in their sleep pods for the many years of travel. Kara wakes up and sees that everyone has already left their pod. She sees that the others are dead, and sees Dev-Em on the ship, alive. He was freed on Krypton by council members who opposed the death penalty. He stowed away on the ship and woke up the others to access food, and killed them soon after when they were of no use. He then alters the course to the "Sol System" -our system. The ship is headed to Earth. Kara and Dev-Em battle, now with much stronger powers, and cause the ship to crash in the snow on Earth. A figure is seen leaving the ship. We then see an Inuit tribe in Canada, hunting in front of the ship, which is buried in snow. They return to their hut, and we see a drawing of the ship crashing and the S symbol on their wall.

In present day, a signal under the ice (ice shelves thousands of years old) is picked up by mission control and they wonder who it is trying to signal. It cuts to Clark working on the Alaskan fishing boat.

Last edited by Willi Berg; 05-24-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #372
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
3. Superman Prequel.
- Kara comes to earth 18,000 years Ago (That is in the Ice Age) and she brings with her Kryptonian Clones. What For?

So why not change a bit the story of the other JL characters for the sake of getting to see a JLA Movie in 2 years?
After a big change to Kara's story I actually wouldn't be surprised if they do make other big changes.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:04 PM   #373
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
Yea that's the only part that confused me. I don't mind Kara being old cousin ancestor it doesn't really matter how old to me because more than likely she won't age or will be in cryo sleep. I'm just confused that if she's that old how can dev-em be working with zod on krypton. Unless he finds a way back?
Kara isn't exactly an ancestor. Remember Kryptonians are genetically engineered. They wouldn't really have a family tree with ancestors and grandparents. So Kal-El and Kara could still be cousins genetically.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #374
smsvmos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi Berg View Post
It's kind of like seamonkeys!

If the third movie in a MOS trilogy is going to go out in a big way I can see something like a civil war between Kryptonians and people of Earth, and whose side they take etc. Or the growth codex could be a catalyst for future villains like Doomsday maybe?

The way I see it, if the DC Universe really is opening up on film, then they will have a variety of explanations for all the origins of superheroes. Obviously Green Lantern and Flash can't fit into this "Kryptonian embryos" scenario, and we have already heard about Thanagarians in this comic...

There's just going to be a lot of different elements and explanations for all these heroes. If something like Wonder Woman were to spin off into solo movies then maybe filmmakers would want to portray gods and goddesses and have explanations and elements beyond the idea of the Amazons being old Kryptonians.

Who knows though. I don't think MOS has to worry about all that really, but does have to set up more of its own story, for its own sequels.
You see u get what I am saying

As for Green Lantern well it is established in the comic that there are Other alien species like the Thanagarians so OA is a possibility. As for Flash well he gets his power after a nasty shower of chemical so maybe:

-CSI scientist for the government Barry Allen is researching a liquid found in one of the wrecked Kryptonians ship when it's sparked by energy and engulfs him in lightning creating The Flash.

Every Fan is craving a JLA movie and its only going to happen if MoS does good. So this movie is the catalyst for the rest of the DC Universe movies.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #375
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
You see u get what I am saying

As for Green Lantern well it is established in the comic that there are Other alien species like the Thanagarians so OA is a possibility. As for Flash well he gets his power after a nasty shower of chemical so maybe:

-CSI scientist for the government Barry Allen is researching a liquid found in one of the wrecked Kryptonians ship when it's sparked by energy and engulfs him in lightning creating The Flash.

Every Fan is craving a JLA movie and its only going to happen if MoS does good. So this movie is the catalyst for the rest of the DC Universe movies.
I don't mind some changes to tie stuff together, but I would like the heroes to still retain their own mythologies, like the Speed Force for Flash and mystical elements for Wonder Woman. I know they might have to downplay or change some of those but they are a huge part of their mythologies.