The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #76
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverado View Post
The Rock was my fave choice several years ago, but not so anymore. His physical appearance alone is enough to be considered, but I'd rather Marvel go with someone who looks more like Cage in the comics.

Terry Crews looks like Luke, has Luke's attitude, and has Luke's sense of humor. I really think he should still be front and center on the casting front.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #77
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,170
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Terry Crews looks like Luke, has Luke's attitude, and has Luke's sense of humor. I really think he should still be front and center on the casting front.
Totally agree. Love the Rock, but Terry Crews is Luke Cage.

OB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:09 PM   #78
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero
 
Donnie Darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 11,004
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
That would be like Jason Statham playing Ra's Al Ghul.
so it would be AWESOME, is what you're saying?

__________________
This is my signature.
Donnie Darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #79
MCU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 156
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

I wouldnt be able to take Crews seriously. He just looks funny and is funny. And hes not really that good of an actor. The Rock is actually a good actor, he was fantatsic in Snitch and was the best character in Pain and Gain. Hes awesome in Walking Tall, The Rundown and Fast Five, a badass like Luke Cage needs to be. I think Rock is a great choice.

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #80
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 10,854
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCU View Post
I wouldnt be able to take Crews seriously. He just looks funny and is funny. And hes not really that good of an actor. The Rock is actually a good actor, he was fantatsic in Snitch and was the best character in Pain and Gain. Hes awesome in Walking Tall, The Rundown and Fast Five, a badass like Luke Cage needs to be. I think Rock is a great choice.
Luke Cage isn't just a badass; he's a funny guy. He's also a family man. And he's also an angry man.

Terry Crews can pull all that off. The Rock can pull off....being The Rock.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:47 AM   #81
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I don't believe there is such a thing as good acting, it's just a way to over-complicate the job on certain actors
I disagree. You can't look at actors/actresses such as Sam Jackson and Judy Dench and say they're level with Jack Black and J-Lo

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:01 AM   #82
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!
 
ObakeTora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

L.L. Cool J is Luke Cage!!!! Casting The Rock for Cage is like casting Obama as The lead in Shaft. ROCK IS NAMOR DAMMMIT!!!!!

__________________
Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEIkAJ_XFDY
ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #83
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31,627
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I disagree. You can't look at actors/actresses such as Sam Jackson and Judy Dench and say they're level with Jack Black and J-Lo
Pfft, sure I can, acting is... acting
When it comes to funny, I can't compare Ashton Kutcher to an actor who can make the jokes pleasant

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character, Part 1
If something is not a choice, but I do it, doesn't this mean I chose to do it instead of choosing to ignore it or to find an alternative? Aren't they all choices by the end of the process?
We're abusing our acronym privileges... ~ Sawyer
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #84
bubbadoom
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,434
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
L.L. Cool J is Luke Cage!!!! Casting The Rock for Cage is like casting Obama as The lead in Shaft. ROCK IS NAMOR DAMMMIT!!!!!
I always thought the Rock would make a good Wyatt Wingfoot, but he does look an awful lot like John Buscema's Namor!

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #85
Black_Superman
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies, also most fan of the Luke Cage fan are black won't like the ideal. Now Michael Jal White could played Luke Cage because he is underrated actor, and if the Rock get the role of Luke Cage then I will nerve see this movie because it will take away an black actor to be in a lead Marvel character. I will bet you that


Last edited by Black_Superman; 05-22-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Black_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #86
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,830
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

uh, thanks for sharing.

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #87
Black_Superman
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
uh, thanks for sharing.
You welcome and btw I'm new here so I'm a rookie. Michael Jal White would have played Luke Cage and still can because he is good for the role. We don't see lot of black superhero in comic book lot, and ever in video games. But the Rock would played the Namor now that is cool but not Luke Cages. The G.I. Joe movie they could have given Terry Crew as Roadblock not the Rock, and it was an big mistaked they killed off Duke because he is the lead character in the G.I. Joe. I just don't see this because Marvel is not giving an real black actor a chance of playing Luke Cage. What is next are they going to cast Captain America as an Asian man?

Black_Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 AM   #88
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!
 
ObakeTora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Superman View Post
The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies, also most fan of the Luke Cage fan are black won't like the ideal. Now Michael Jal White could played Luke Cage because he is underrated actor, and if the Rock get the role of Luke Cage then I will nerve see this movie because it will take away an black actor to be in a lead Marvel character. I will bet you that

Newsflash, many blacks living in America are not fully African, thank slavery for that one, and lets not forget about that one drop rule.


I don't see the Rock as Cage because he's not from the streets. Watching him perform as a con in Pain and Gain made me cringe, as it appeared he was patronizing the thug life. His performance as a thug in that film was akin to watching a high school musical about drug abuse where the lead druggy was Diana Kang the honor student from Bel Air. Rock is more of a boy scout, but his performance as a heel during the Attitude era of WWE should have been everyone's first clue that this man would rule as Prince Namor. I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

L.L. needs a break, the man can bench 400 pounds and it boggles the mind why this person has never had a break in the action department. My first pick for Cage was Ving Rhames, because of his performance in Baby Boy. Cagee is the type of character who could simply clown you without saying a word, and that rage inducing smirk of Ving Rhames would knock the Luke Cage role out of the park. Plus Rhames is old school and would personify the 70's vibe associated with that character. Sadly if they want a younger actor I'd choose Cool J. If not Cool J, then Terry Crews or Michael Jai White (I'd like to see him as Bishop though). btw I hope they hit Tyrese up for Night Thrasher.


Rock for Namor dammit

__________________
Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEIkAJ_XFDY
ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #89
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,033
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
I don't see the Rock as Cage because he's not from the streets. Watching him perform as a con in Pain and Gain made me cringe, as it appeared he was patronizing the thug life. His performance as a thug in that film was akin to watching a high school musical about drug abuse where the lead druggy was Diana Kang the honor student from Bel Air. Rock is more of a boy scout, but his performance as a heel during the Attitude era of WWE should have been everyone's first clue that this man would rule as Prince Namor. I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

L.L. needs a break, the man can bench 400 pounds and it boggles the mind why this person has never had a break in the action department. My first pick for Cage was Ving Rhames, because of his performance in Baby Boy. Cagee is the type of character who could simply clown you without saying a word, and that rage inducing smirk of Ving Rhames would knock the Luke Cage role out of the park. Plus Rhames is old school and would personify the 70's vibe associated with that character. Sadly if they want a younger actor I'd choose Cool J. If not Cool J, then Terry Crews or Michael Jai White (I'd like to see him as Bishop though). btw I hope they hit Tyrese up for Night Thrasher.


Rock for Namor dammit
LL Cool J as Luke Cage sounds like a bad idea to me. Rock as Namor even worse.

And I'm pretty sure the whole point of Pain and Gain was to patronize the thug life. It was a comedy

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #90
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,763
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?
Marvel doesn't need to get the FF rights back to use Namor. Fox never had Namor; Universal did, and he reverted along with the Hulk.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #91
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,586
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

another option for LL Cool J = Lt. Marcus Stone, Code: Blue
http://marvel.com/universe/Code:_Blue

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #92
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!
 
ObakeTora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Superman View Post
The Rock is an good actor indeed but not as Luke Cage because he isn't all black, he is half black but also we nerve have an lead African American Marvel character movies. Sure we have Nick Fury, Storm in all but they don't have there own movies,
I forgot to mention Blade 1 that bad a$$ Psy-Trance opera kung fu buttkick fest starring Wesley Snipes! Oh well, L'esprit de l'escalier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
LL Cool J as Luke Cage sounds like a bad idea to me. Rock as Namor even worse.

And I'm pretty sure the whole point of Pain and Gain was to patronize the thug life. It was a comedy
Pain and Gain was based on a true story and while I like the Rock, he's more high school jock than gangsta, and you are most certainly entitled to your opinion.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...47008514,d.cGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Marvel doesn't need to get the FF rights back to use Namor. Fox never had Namor; Universal did, and he reverted along with the Hulk.
Yes they do because someday the Superhero bubble will collapse and people will regard comic movies as a dead fad such as the cabbage patch kids. When that happens Marvel may fall back on adapting actual stories from their comic books (like X-men Days of Future Past) and I sure as He** don't want to see a Secret Wars adaptation without the X-men or the F4. But I'm sure the companies can work together as that would be a major cash cow, but then again too many cooks ruin the soup.

__________________
Back off man, I'm a scientist. (Bill Murray in Ghostbusters)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEIkAJ_XFDY
ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #93
Karelia
Swiss Superman
 
Karelia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,818
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Luke Cage with The Rock playing him= Interesting, more people willing to give it a look.

Luke Cage without The Rock= Meh.

I hope Iron Fist teams up with him within the movie. Could be a really funny buddy cop-esque film, especially with The Rock in it.

__________________
Believe In The Shield... And Follow The Buzzards
Karelia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 AM   #94
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,033
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
Pain and Gain was based on a true story and while I like the Rock, he's more high school jock than gangsta, and you are most certainly entitled to your opinion.
So?

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:49 AM   #95
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31,627
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
So?
Makes a point of the point of the movie that should not make a point cause it's based on a story that is real?

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character, Part 1
If something is not a choice, but I do it, doesn't this mean I chose to do it instead of choosing to ignore it or to find an alternative? Aren't they all choices by the end of the process?
We're abusing our acronym privileges... ~ Sawyer
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #96
Hypestyle
Side-Kick
 
Hypestyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 5,586
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

so how busy is Rock for the next 18 months? Fast & Furious 7 (?), Sinbad, what else?

Hypestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #97
SlamAdams
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,033
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
so how busy is Rock for the next 18 months? Fast & Furious 7 (?), Sinbad, what else?
Is Sinbad actually happening? Or is it like that Hercules project or the Terminator movie that they keep saying he is doing but nothing has really happened yet?

__________________
Slam Adams at House of Geekery

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:54 AM   #98
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,206
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Hercules is very much happening. A Brett Ratner film!

__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:57 AM   #99
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31,627
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

The Rock should play Myth's Hercules, he will Rock in the role

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character, Part 1
If something is not a choice, but I do it, doesn't this mean I chose to do it instead of choosing to ignore it or to find an alternative? Aren't they all choices by the end of the process?
We're abusing our acronym privileges... ~ Sawyer
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #100
MCU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 156
Default Re: Dwayne Johnson is Like Cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
Newsflash, many blacks living in America are not fully African, thank slavery for that one, and lets not forget about that one drop rule.


I don't see the Rock as Cage because he's not from the streets. Watching him perform as a con in Pain and Gain made me cringe, as it appeared he was patronizing the thug life. His performance as a thug in that film was akin to watching a high school musical about drug abuse where the lead druggy was Diana Kang the honor student from Bel Air. Rock is more of a boy scout, but his performance as a heel during the Attitude era of WWE should have been everyone's first clue that this man would rule as Prince Namor. I wish Marvel would regain the rights to FF as it would be awesome to see he Rock revisit his former obnoxious heel days as Namor! What is wrong with people!?

L.L. needs a break, the man can bench 400 pounds and it boggles the mind why this person has never had a break in the action department. My first pick for Cage was Ving Rhames, because of his performance in Baby Boy. Cagee is the type of character who could simply clown you without saying a word, and that rage inducing smirk of Ving Rhames would knock the Luke Cage role out of the park. Plus Rhames is old school and would personify the 70's vibe associated with that character. Sadly if they want a younger actor I'd choose Cool J. If not Cool J, then Terry Crews or Michael Jai White (I'd like to see him as Bishop though). btw I hope they hit Tyrese up for Night Thrasher.


Rock for Namor dammit
Watch Faster and Walking Tall. Espicially Faster where hes a con in it. While not that good films, Rock is good in both and both these movies show Rock would be perfect as Cage. Snitch as well.

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.