The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #951
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

^^ I agree. I feel if it's offered, especially for movies like MOS or TASM, then you should do it. I saw Gatsby recently and I chose 2D for that, but that's a different story.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #952
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am aware that he is invincible to many things. I'm also aware that when he is hurt, he has an amazing healing ability. I'm just saying that in the context of the article - which is horribly written - putting "invulnerability" right next to "instant healing" doesn't help his case any. It's like me saying the blue rock is green. Might look blue in some cases, might look green in some case, but when I put the two together it makes no sense.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #953
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Oh yeah.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #954
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
Oh yeah.
Just 24 days away. Wow

Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #955
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Oh yeah.
How and where did you get this? Is there an app?

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #956
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
This^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Dick Donner did help write it didn't he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
That's a great way to look at that. I like that a lot. THAT would have been an awesome movie, I loved Last Son. And calling the kid "Chris" (Kent) was a nice touch.
And his suit reminded me of the SR one except for colors and the \S/ on his cape and brighter colors.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 AM   #957
Notrip
SuperDaD

Looking at the pattern of Man of Steel facebook page you can bet they will release something on the page today. They have released something (sometimes not big at all though) on their page Monday-Friday for two weeks straight now. and on Monday for three straight.

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #958
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm so anxious for early reviews to start rolling in.
Careful what you wish for... that day, people's mettle will be tested. Heroes will rise. And kingdoms will fall.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 05-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #959
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
How and where did you get this? Is there an app?
Yeah. It's on the iPhone. Called "T-Zero". It's a countdown app so you can add any date and title it.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #960
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Here's a random question for you guys: the day before Man of Steel is released, or even days leading up to its release, what you guys plan on doing to gear up towards its release?

For me: when Dark Knight Rises was about to come out, I watched both Batman Begins and Dark Knight back to back in the two days prior toward that movie's release. It also reflected that this was the Dark Knight Trilogy, and seeing TDKR was the final thing to do in watching the entire trilogy. For MOS; because its a reboot, I can't do that, but I can watch anything else that's good. Such as Superman: The Movie, and maybe the series finale of Smallville (because it was movie length). But what about you guys?
Superman: TAS, Lois and Clark and maybe some early Smallville, from back when it was good. I'm a little worried about overdosing myself, though. I don't want to be Supermanned out by the time the lights go down.

Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #961
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

I think whoever mentioned it last night was right. That is a face of some sort in that pod that Kal-El is touching. It looks sort of distorted or something though... lower right corner

Last edited by DaJanksta; 05-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #962
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Careful what you wish for... that day, people's mettle will be tested. Heroes will rise. And kingdoms will fall.
haha, I don't care if we get 0 reviews before man of steel comes out cuz I won't read any of them! I have been burnt too many times by reviews spoiling the movie. I would estimate 11 days before (June 3rd) release.

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 AM   #963
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm waiting for the reviews to say
"Movie was good but Henry Cavill is easily replaceable."

Old 05-20-2013, 12:00 PM   #964
Nemeres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrip View Post
haha, I don't care if we get 0 reviews before man of steel comes out cuz I won't read any of them! I have been burnt too many times by reviews spoiling the movie. I would estimate 11 days before (June 3rd) release.
Me neither. The day the first believable one shows up, I'm out of here.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #965
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
He's right Conner, I wouldn't be so hasty on those reviews. Besides, again, you should only trust your own review.

Quote:
Yeah. It's on the iPhone. Called "T-Zero". It's a countdown app so you can add any date and title it.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJanksta View Post
I think whoever mentioned it last night was right. That is a face of some sort in that pod that Kal-El is touching. It looks sort of distorted or something though... lower right corner

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4xIPHBI.png]
Nice catch whoever saw it first and thanks for the larger pic, DaJanksta.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #966
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I'm waiting for the reviews to say
"Movie was good but Henry Cavill is easily replaceable."
With Zack Snyders displayed character direction, I'm absolutely positive that latter part will not be mentioned once.
Take that to the bank.
(Just like Butler and Jackie Earle Hayley and the rest of them).

Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #967
i_Cam
Side-Kick

The pic of Supes standing on the train...where is that from and is there a description or something that goes with it? I know we've heard scene descriptions of him and Zod using trains as weapons. Just hadn't seen a specific one for that pic.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #968
majorchamp
Side-Kick

I might go into a coma upon seeing the credits of this movie.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #969
majorchamp
Side-Kick

Even Snyder and others said...when Henry came out of the trailer wearing the original superman outfit...there were no snickers, there was no laughter, just plain AWE. He said "I am looking at Superman..not someone playing Superman, but mother*****ing Superman".

That speaks volumes and when i watch the trailers, I cannot for the life of me envision someone else playing that role.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #970
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorchamp View Post
Even Snyder and others said...when Henry came out of the trailer wearing the original superman outfit...there were no snickers, there was no laughter, just plain AWE. He said "I am looking at Superman..not someone playing Superman, but mother*****ing Superman".

That speaks volumes and when i watch the trailers, I cannot for the life of me envision someone else playing that role.
The ...Tarantinoing of Superman does speak volumes....and not in a good way.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 PM   #971
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'm gonna book mark this clip.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #972
THE MR. TERRIFIC
HYPES KING OF COSPLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud48V588NRw

Old 05-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #973
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I'm gonna book mark this clip.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Man! I remember this! Wow I can't believe it's been so long and what we've seen so far is exactly right.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #974
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Was that Mayim Bialick?

Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #975
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MR. TERRIFIC View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Haha yeah I remember these too. I only had one problem with it... to have cut his hair, the intensity of his heat vision would have melt the glass.

Last edited by The Shield; 05-20-2013 at 12:30 PM.
Closed Thread