The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Rebels

Old 03-02-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Mandalorians in Rebels

So, Sabine's a main character in this show and out first completely official animated Mandalorian in this show. Now we all know that the Mandalorians are a disproportionately popular culture in Star Wars, what with their totally awesome armor and the old jetpack=awesome theorem.

Clone Wars had some pretty awesome Mandalorians, what with Pre Viszla, Bo Katan, and even Satine, who's name makes me think Sabine might have a connection to her. And last we saw of Mandalore in Clone Wars, we had a planet hurtled into civil war, with Darth Maul at the mercy of everyone's favorite British puppet master. So what are you hoping for/expecting from the bucket heads in this series?

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Default Re: Mandalorians in Rebels

I think it's possible that the Death Watch will show up in Rebels.

Last edited by DaddlerTheDalek; 03-09-2014 at 12:10 PM.
DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:25 PM   #3
Verbal21
Side-Kick

I don't think its a matter of if we'll seek Mando's in Rebels, but when.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM   #4
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I didn't think I was overly excited a while ago, but then I watched a trailer with Sabine in it and I was instantly hooked.

Don't know what it is about the Mandalorians I like so much. Maybe it's the helmet, the armor, the culture, or the jetpacks - hell, maybe it's all of that combined! Glad it's a female to, should be interesting.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:19 AM   #5
Great Mind(s)
Broken

It's just that Mandalorians should have been in the prequel films, instead we got the Naboo.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:17 AM   #6
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
It's just that Mandalorians should have been in the prequel films, instead we got the Naboo.
I'm really hoping JJ delivers something in this new trilogy. At best case scenario, it can help expand or lead into the Fett movie.

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Jango wasn't a Mandalorian though. He like stole the armor or something

Old 11-07-2014, 01:02 PM   #8
James
Built from Lego

Was that stated in the films, or the Expanded Universe? Because if it didn't happen in the films or TCW, they can make Jango whatever they want.

Last edited by James; 11-08-2014 at 08:54 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I thought in a Clone Wars episode they were saying they didn't know how Jango got the armor because he wasn't from Mandalore.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, the current canon seems to be that neither Jango nor Bobba were "true" Mandalorians. They just wore the armor. IDK if they ever really stated where Jango go his armor?

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #11
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Almec called Jango a common bounty hunter, but that's Almec, a corrupt politician of the New Mandalorian government. Boba seemed wholly unconnected to the Mandalorian plotline, but there's still enough wiggle room thanks to Almec's dubious authority not he subject. And the same story arc focused on the Mandalorians brought in elements (The Death Watch, Viszla's last name and sigil) of the Jango Fett origin where he hailed from Concord Dawn, the same place that Kenobi's cover identity as Rako Hardeen came from.

It's arguable that Jango's status as a Mandalorian that Almec would recognize was already extremely shaky in the old EU, now Legends. Jango hailed from Concord Dawn, joined a marauding band of mercenaries in the "True Mandalorians" who with the exception of one of Karen Traviss's little stinger quotes, never spoke the language she created. Jango's only real canonical claim in Legends, and Boba's, boiled down to "I wear the armor, and I kicked your ass, and I lead a group of guys in the armor who will continue to kick your ass."

Personally, I kind of hope someone follows up on the Fett-Mandalorian connection and defines it. Concord Dawn has elements that seem to hint at being a Mandalorian colony in the new canon thanks to Rako Hardeen's armor and helmet alongside the planet's similar name to Concordia. Boba is basically just a bounty hunter who's fueled by his father's legacy, and Darth Maul's rise showed you don't need to actually be a Mandalorian to become their leader.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote