The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Rebels

Old 05-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #26
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

I am excited for the hunting down of the Jedi. One thing that always irked me about Episode III was how quickly most the Jedi were killed. The way Obi-Wan talked about it in Episode IV always gave me goosebumps, like they were slowly found and taken out over years "helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights" as he said. So I can't wait to see some of that, I would not even mind a little Vader in there to show some of that, but it's not "needed".

And just seeing TIE Fighters again has me excited.

Last edited by Solidus; 05-20-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Solidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #27
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Oh, and please, no Ahsoka. Unless she is brutally murdered by Vader.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #28
smallville fan
Hero

I'd personally would love to see Galen Marek meet Ahsoka Tano. As well as that I wouldn't mind seeing how day to day life in the Empire works.

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #29
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Plo Koon died in Episode III. I don't think will see him alive and I doubt he can Force Ghost. Flashbacks at best.
Oh yeaaaaah

James is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Just thinking back to the people who thought Clone Wars was going to continue after Disney bought the company... hilarious.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #31
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, the talent is certainly there, so I won't get too bent out of shape about the era they're using (I wanted post-RotJ). Hell, it's more SW and a chance for the CW crew to do more cool stuff, so count me in.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:08 AM   #32
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

The more I think about the possibilities of this series, the more my excitement grows. I would think it is certain that we will see Vader, Sidious, Tarkin, Boba Fett, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Akbar, etc. Yet, it's still close enough to the prequel era where appearances by Clone Wars favorites like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Hondo, etc. are possible as well.

Will we see Obi Wan on Tattooine or Yoda on Dagobah? And what new characters will be introduced?

Between the time period, and the incredible creative team that they have assembled, I think Disney/Lucasfilm got this one right!

OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #33
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

It should be fun to actually see Vader in animated form (again).

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #34
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
The more I think about the possibilities of this series, the more my excitement grows. I would think it is certain that we will see Vader, Sidious, Tarkin, Boba Fett, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, Akbar, etc. Yet, it's still close enough to the prequel era where appearances by Clone Wars favorites like Ahsoka, Cad Bane, Hondo, etc. are possible as well.

Will we see Obi Wan on Tattooine or Yoda on Dagobah? And what new characters will be introduced?

Between the time period, and the incredible creative team that they have assembled, I think Disney/Lucasfilm got this one right!
My thoughts exactly.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #35
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

If the series takes place at the turn of the Galactic Regime, we could see the Dark Times, which I've been wanting to see on screen for YEARS (I'm talking prior to the release of the prequels) - recently I was thinking how awesome it would be to see Darth Vader slay Ahsoka. However, I HIGHLY doubt Disney XD would do this decade.

IF TFU is still canon, we'll either get the series starting with TFU and continuing (including surrounding stories) as it shows the formation of the rebellion, etc. OR it would continue where TFUII left off.

Another possibility to kind of start the show on a clean slate, and keep Starkiller in continuity and fix the plot hole on how Vader escapes the Rebels in TFUII would be to retcon TFUII completely, and start the series after the events of TFU. This way the notion that clones cannot be Force sensitive will be reaffirmed, the plot hole is gone, we can skip over the couple of episodes pertaining to the formation of the rebellion, and just start the series with Starkiller dead (whether or not he is mentioned) and the rebellion is in it's early stages.

Or retcon TFU series entirely...

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:51 AM   #36
Batspider77
"SPOILER JUNKIE"

My guess is that "Star Wars Rebels"will become "Star Wars Alliance" after a few Seasons.

Batspider77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #37
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
If the series takes place at the turn of the Galactic Regime, we could see the Dark Times, which I've been wanting to see on screen for YEARS (I'm talking prior to the release of the prequels) - recently I was thinking how awesome it would be to see Darth Vader slay Ahsoka. However, I HIGHLY doubt Disney XD would do this decade.

IF TFU is still canon, we'll either get the series starting with TFU and continuing (including surrounding stories) as it shows the formation of the rebellion, etc. OR it would continue where TFUII left off.

Another possibility to kind of start the show on a clean slate, and keep Starkiller in continuity and fix the plot hole on how Vader escapes the Rebels in TFUII would be to retcon TFUII completely, and start the series after the events of TFU. This way the notion that clones cannot be Force sensitive will be reaffirmed, the plot hole is gone, we can skip over the couple of episodes pertaining to the formation of the rebellion, and just start the series with Starkiller dead (whether or not he is mentioned) and the rebellion is in it's early stages.

I vote the last, as in ignore completely. Not canon.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Spider-Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #38
smallville fan
Hero

Regarding the notion/plot hole of Force Sensitive Clones like Starkiller and X-2 couldn't Palpatine/Vader use stuff like weird Sith Alchemy Darth Plagueis knew about to get a Force Sensitive clone? That's my explanation for this.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #39
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Isn't there a story in the expanded universe where Papaltine is brought back as a clone after the events of ROTJ?

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #40
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

If it can come close to Clone Wars in quality, I'll be one happy fanboy.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #41
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

I think it would be cool if Wedge Antilles & the Red Squadron would be the Main Characters of the Show & I would like to see Ahsoka make some Guest Appearances & Cameos.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #42
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Just thinking back to the people who thought Clone Wars was going to continue after Disney bought the company... hilarious.
What's hilarious about that? Did you know something no one else did, or perhaps you have some keen insight, ability to tell the future even? No one knew Disney was going to cancel the show until the announcement was made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post

I'm a fan of TFU, but I wouldn't mind some tweaks (big or small) to the story. The overall idea has great potential, it gets a bad rap because the games weren't *great* (though I enjoyed them just fine) but the core concept is a good one.

Not sure how it would work time-wise, I guess it depends when during the 19 or so years Rebels is set. Starkiller and Vader met early on, and he aged normally so it was in the later days of the rebellion that The Alliance formed. If the show is set in the last 5 years or so, it could be very cool to have a story arc that introduces Starkiller, flashing back to his childhood and introducing him as a regular character.

All that said, I'm doubtful Starkiller and the story of TFU will be in the show at all. A total rejigger of the video game canon could work and is fine, even encouraged, but the general disdain for the franchise will probably steer Disney away from it.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #43
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I am a fan of Starkiller and TFU myself I'd love to see his involvement in this series. Especially if they are gonna be hunting down the remaining Jedi. There needs to be some recton though I would like them to recton the entire second game story at least don't make it his clone who brings Vader into rebel custody.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #44
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post

I really hope we do get to see what is going on with Obi-Wan and Yoda in this time period. Obviously they wouldn't be regulars but it would be great to see them sporadically. As for new characters, I fully expect to see a Jedi character created for the show.

Agreed, I intially wanted it set between ANH and ESB so we could see more adventures of Luke, Han, Chewie and Leia, but I think this era is probably the best idea for scope and creative freedom. I just want an ep with Vader and Boba teaming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Isn't there a story in the expanded universe where Papaltine is brought back as a clone after the events of ROTJ?
Yes and it was a terrible idea.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #45
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
What's hilarious about that? Did you know something no one else did, or perhaps you have some keen insight, ability to tell the future even? No one knew Disney was going to cancel the show until the announcement was made.

Someone's mad. You must've been one of the ones who thought the Clone Wars was going to continue.

Good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Well, the talent is certainly there, so I won't get too bent out of shape about the era they're using (I wanted post-RotJ). Hell, it's more SW and a chance for the CW crew to do more cool stuff, so count me in.

I wanted that as well. Seeing the Jedi being hunted down is going to be great fun, though. I'm excited.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 05-21-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #46
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'm loving this concept far better than that Reclamation crap. I always thought something set between Episodes III-IV would be awesome where it's just straight up Rebels vs the Evil Empire. There's also not much lore set in that era, so you can play with it quite nicely. It would be quite interesting to see how the galaxy's actually holding up after Palpatine really took over.

Characters I would love to see appear
STARKILLER!!! as well as other TFU characters like Juno, Rahm, PROXY
Ahsoka Tano-->Just to see if my theory of her becoming an agent of the Rebel Alliance is true
Leia Organa
Wedge Antilles and Red Squadron PLEASE!
Han and Chewbacca-->Just as a cameo
Kyle Katarn
Boba Fett(I think that's a given)
Any other surviving Jedi
Darth Vader
Maul
Asajj Ventress(who I believe is still alive?)
Dash Rendar
A really young Mara Jade
T'is all I want.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #47
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Same here. I'd rather the creators not be contrained because of that crappy series.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #48
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Someone's mad. You must've been one of the ones who thought the Clone Wars was going to continue.
Please. I'm far from "mad". Your original comment implies that you somehow knew the show would be cancelled -you did not. As for me, I didn't know whether it would continue or not. I certainly hoped it would.

Very few people thought they knew for certain Clone Wars would continue. I'm not even remotely annoyed, I just don't understand what's so funny about it.

Quote:
I am a fan of Starkiller and TFU myself I'd love to see his involvement in this series. Especially if they are gonna be hunting down the remaining Jedi. There needs to be some recton though I would like them to recton the entire second game story at least don't make it his clone who brings Vader into rebel custody.
It turns out the Starkiller in the second game wasn't a clone, it was the original Starkiller. Vader just told Starkiller he was a clone in the hopes of manipulating him. I was pretty impressed by that, because all the marketing around the game swore up and down that he was a duplicate. Throughout TFU II you slowly learn that he's the original, though you do fight a bunch of clones.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batspider77 View Post
My guess is that "Star Wars Rebels"will become "Star Wars Alliance" after a few Seasons.
Why change the name? "Rebels" is a direct link to "Rebel Alliance" - it doesn't really make any sense to change the name after it's already been established for so long. It would be like a Justice League show titled "Justice" that - after being on TV for a while, and establishing a recognisable name - changes it's name to "League".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Gnome View Post
Quote:
All that said, I'm doubtful Starkiller and the story of TFU will be in the show at all. A total rejigger of the video game canon could work and is fine, even encouraged, but the general disdain for the franchise will probably steer Disney away from it.
Quote:
I'd prefer they retcon the second one and keep the first one canon. They don't even need to make any references to TFU, but just start the show a couple months after the Rebel Alliance has already formed.

With that, Boba's adventures is fair game, and we don't need to worry about the plotholes created by TFUII.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Regarding the notion/plot hole of Force Sensitive Clones like Starkiller and X-2 couldn't Palpatine/Vader use stuff like weird Sith Alchemy Darth Plagueis knew about to get a Force Sensitive clone? That's my explanation for this.
Plagueis manipulated life using midichlorians already in the bloodstream. Clones can't be force sensitive to begin with - nothing there to manipulate. Unless Vader CREATED the clones with the Force which is only implied to be possible in canon, and Vader is no where near that powerful. Plus we saw that Starkilelr was CLONED and not duplicated by way of the Force.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Yes and it was a terrible idea.
The clones were "drones" - they were brain dead. Palpatine redirected his "Force essence" into the body of a clone (and then I think one more after that) after his original body died. He was anticipating Vader to turn on him or Luke to kill him. Either way, the EU isn't canon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddlerTheDalek View Post
I think it would be cool if Wedge Antilles & the Red Squadron would be the Main Characters of the Show & I would like to see Ahsoka make some Guest Appearances & Cameos.
I'd be down for that. Maybe a couple episode arcs with Chewie, or even an episode or two where we see what Yoda/Obi-Wan/Vader/Palpatine are up to. Obviously, Vader/Palpatine should be around more than just two or three episodes in the entire series, but I would like it if an episode with Yoda/Obi-Wan was intercut with a Vader/Palpatine storyline (Either Yoda episode, contrasting Palpatine, Yoda episode told simultaneous to something Obi-Wan is doing, Yoday episode told simultaneous to something Obi-Wan is doing WITH a Palpatine/Vader story told simultaneous).

I kind of hope they hold off on "The Dark Times" (first decade post Galactic Reformation in which Vader hunts down the remaining Jedi) for a T/M rated game, or a premium Live Action series. It's too dark to explore on a kids TV show.

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #50
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Please. I'm far from "mad". Your original comment implies that you somehow knew the show would be cancelled -you did not. As for me, I didn't know whether it would continue or not. I certainly hoped it would.

Very few people thought they knew for certain Clone Wars would continue. I'm not even remotely annoyed, I just don't understand what's so funny about it.

I knew it would be cancelled. Whether or not you agree with me on that stance is irrelevant. Let it be.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.