The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Rebels

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #76
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

I wouldn't mind seeing Hondo Ohnaka, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Embo and the like appear in this series.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:10 AM   #77
James
Built from Lego

Cad Bane is a must, but I do wonder how far Disney are taking their removal-from-the-prequels stance. For all it's goodness, Clone Wars was deep-set within the prequel story lines and characters. If Disney are scrapping everything, we won't see any of the unique characters from Clone Wars show up in Rebels. Hopefully they're not quite that hardcore about it, and we'll still get to see some of the Clone Wars cast appear.

Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #78
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Aside from Starkiller/Ahsoka both whom I'd like to see in Star Wars Rebels, I would love to see a young Mara Jade so she can be cannonized and Episode VII might not be totally lost to retconning.

Here's an episode idea to introduce her: The Rebels just completed a mission and are victorious in extracting vital intel which could help the Rebels turn the tide. Along the way they "rescue"(because they're good-guy heroic rebels) a little/teenage girl with red hair(depending how far in this series is), along the way back to base each crew member of the ship is being picked off and killed one by one ala Predator/Alien assassin style.

However, no one suspects it's the girl, even going as far as body guarding her and when then they do suspect her, you hear the snap-hiss of a purple lightsaber and then next minute, all the remaining rebels are dead. You then hear a voice saying: "Looks like you all have been dealt a bad hand, long live the Empire."
They're not going to have any influence on the films, if anything it's going to be the other way around.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:56 PM   #79
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Cad Bane is a must, but I do wonder how far Disney are taking their removal-from-the-prequels stance. For all it's goodness, Clone Wars was deep-set within the prequel story lines and characters. If Disney are scrapping everything, we won't see any of the unique characters from Clone Wars show up in Rebels. Hopefully they're not quite that hardcore about it, and we'll still get to see some of the Clone Wars cast appear.
When was it said that they were removing themselves from the prequels? that's new to me

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 05-27-2013, 04:35 AM   #80
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
They're not going to have any influence on the films, if anything it's going to be the other way around.
If anything, I'd just want Mara Jade in a higher level of cannon. Given that Star Wars: Rebels is going to air in the year before Episode VII comes out, I think it would be a bit silly to retcon one's existence in current cannon while another movie supposedly taking place in the same cannon is coming out. Plus Star Wars: Rebels seems like the perfect platform to introduce The Emperor's Hand.

Plus if I were Luke, I'd be pretty ticked off if the writers were like: "Yeah, let's not give Luke Skywalker a hot "Black Widow in space" girlfriend/wife". How much rage would you feel if that happened to you?

Old 05-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #81
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Honestly, if I never saw anything from the prequel trilogy again, I would be fine with that.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:43 AM   #82
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
Honestly, if I never saw anything from the prequel trilogy again, I would be fine with that.
Agreed, except for Ahsoka(if we're taking Clone Wars cartoon lore still)

Old 05-27-2013, 04:44 AM   #83
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

Okay, but the Gungans were completely, and utterly, irreversibly wiped out.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #84
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Okay, but the Gungans were completely, and utterly, irreversibly wiped out.
Well the Gungans are implied to be alive in ROTJ as seen in the big celebration scene on Naboo after Palpatine died. So that kind of overrules that wish.

However what I think should happen is that in Episode VII, right after the John Williams Fanfare and the opening crawl as we pan downwards, the first planet we see is Naboo, and a really huge ship approaches it and obliterates it within the first 5 minutes killing every Gungan in the process.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:04 AM   #85
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
I have no proof nor do I have a clever argument. I'm not trying to be dismissive on the Prequels either, but I agree on your statement.

I think Disney (again just by gut feeling) is passively trying to distance itself from the Prequels. They probably won't ignore some characters, events, or whatever, but I think 'Rebels' by design is an attempt to bring the series back to the OT/ST for a new generation, and then the new films cements them.

Keep in mind, I think the new films will have it's own look and feel, but it's DNA will be closer to the OT than the Prequels.

Think about it: There's a new gen who grew up on the the Prequels, which is fine but I think Disney has different plans to steer the future generations of fans away from that era in this franchise.

Last edited by Octoberist; 05-27-2013 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #86
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
When was it said that they were removing themselves from the prequels? that's new to me
Forgive me, I don't have an official source (if one does in fact exist). Various discussions on the these forums have been mentioning Disney removing themselves from the prequels since Clone Wars was canned. I thought it was generally accepted that this was the case, but I guess if there isn't an official source it could all be fan conjecture. There may very well be an actual source to support the belief, but I'll cop to not knowing who it came from, when it was said or where it might be found. Basically, I've just been going along with what the majority has been saying.

All that said, the evidence is there to support the theory. I think you'll agree it definitely feels like Disney are trying to put their focus on the OT and back away not-so-subtly from the PT. Unless some less-lazy poster can find a source, I guess time will tell!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 PM   #87
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldnt. I enjoyed them

Quote:
Forgive me, I don't have an official source (if one does in fact exist). Various discussions on the these forums have been mentioning Disney removing themselves from the prequels since Clone Wars was canned. I thought it was generally accepted that this was the case, but I guess if there isn't an official source it could all be fan conjecture. There may very well be an actual source to support the belief, but I'll cop to not knowing who it came from, when it was said or where it might be found. Basically, I've just been going along with what the majority has been saying.

All that said, the evidence is there to support the theory. I think you'll agree it definitely feels like Disney are trying to put their focus on the OT and back away not-so-subtly from the PT. Unless some less-lazy poster can find a source, I guess time will tell!
Aah ok, no worries. Just checking, in case i did miss something lol, since i wasnt online much last week due to a seminar i went to.

I believe that the whole distancing from the PT thing started when they cancelled CW, since the show was doing so well, etc, etc, and some speculated that was the reason. True or not who knows; i dont think that's something they would openly admit, nor they should. As a person who enjoyed the PT, that would rub me the wrong way.

I do hope we see some of the CW bounty hunters, especially Cad Bane. He's just too cool not to bring back

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 05-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #88
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
If anything, I'd just want Mara Jade in a higher level of cannon. Given that Star Wars: Rebels is going to air in the year before Episode VII comes out, I think it would be a bit silly to retcon one's existence in current cannon while another movie supposedly taking place in the same cannon is coming out. Plus Star Wars: Rebels seems like the perfect platform to introduce The Emperor's Hand.

Plus if I were Luke, I'd be pretty ticked off if the writers were like: "Yeah, let's not give Luke Skywalker a hot "Black Widow in space" girlfriend/wife". How much rage would you feel if that happened to you?
I really wouldn't mind never seeing mara jade or anything from the EU, ever. If they put her in the cartoon series, Michael Arnt, JJ Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and Kathleen Kennedy aren't going to feel anymore obligated to include her than before.

Anyway I agree I'd be happy the prequels got swept under the rug. I have tons of friends that used to hate Star Wars because they'd only seen "the first one" (the phantom menace) and didn't like it, only to see Episode IV on tv or in school and love it. People can try to defend them as much as they want but I've seen too many examples of this to bring myself to agree with them.

Anyway I know Kasdan commented on his disappointment with the prequel trilogy and wanting to further the films from that and I believe Kennedy made a comment but I'm not 100% on that one.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #89
Octoberist
point blank

Everyone's been very diplomatic and vague, but yes, Kasdan, Kinberg and Abrams have all politely express their love for the OTs and their dislikes for the PT. I think Kasdan has been the most vocal about it.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #90
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
I really wouldn't mind never seeing mara jade or anything from the EU, ever. If they put her in the cartoon series, Michael Arnt, JJ Abrams, Lawrence Kasdan, and Kathleen Kennedy aren't going to feel anymore obligated to include her than before.
Well Episode VII and Rebels are going to be set in different times so of course they wouldn't include her because chances are she's long dead in Episode VII.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #91
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Everyone's been very diplomatic and vague, but yes, Kasdan, Kinberg and Abrams have all politely express their love for the OTs and their dislikes for the PT. I think Kasdan has been the most vocal about it.
Oddly, Kasdan could have done something about the prequels, because I believe Lucas did go to Kasdan for help on the prequels, and Kasdan said, no it was George's thing and George should do the. Honestly, I think Lucas had decent ideas, I wish someone like Kasdan did help him with more drafts.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form

BRING BACK SPIDEY!!!!
Marvel OR Bust!!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:19 PM   #92
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Well Episode VII and Rebels are going to be set in different times so of course they wouldn't include her because chances are she's long dead in Episode VII.
Dead...Or never existed.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #93
James
Built from Lego

Quote:

I do hope we see some of the CW bounty hunters, especially Cad Bane. He's just too cool not to bring back
Me too, he's my favorite Star Wars character!

Old 05-28-2013, 05:47 AM   #94
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Dead...Or never existed.
Why is it that people around here don't want Luke to have children or have a hot Black Widow-esque wife?

Old 05-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #95
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I think some of you who are way too into EU will be disappointed once this show and the movies come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #96
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I'm not really a fan of the EU but I think JJ would be a fool to dismiss it. When this franchise was dead I'm talking from 1983 to the Phantom Menace in 1999. It was the EU that kept it alive for a whole generation of fans. There was nothing but toys,collectibles and the EU to satisfy a Star Wars itch if you had one for those 16yrs.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #97
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

I'm just saying that they may be some elements of the EU placed in, but I think EU fans are bound to be disappointed one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #98
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I'm not really a fan of the EU but I think JJ would be a fool to dismiss it. When this franchise was dead I'm talking from 1983 to the Phantom Menace in 1999. It was the EU that kept it alive for a whole generation of fans. There was nothing but toys,collectibles and the EU to satisfy a Star Wars itch if you had one for those 16yrs.
Exactly this. Let's also not forget the era from 2005 to the present day and until 2015 as well. While there were some dick moves made like killing Chewbacca, for whole decades, the EU kept Star Wars alive and interests kept. If it wasn't for the EU we would never have great video games like KOTOR.

But getting back to the main point here, why are some people against the idea of using this show as a platform for introducing Mara Jade into a higher cannon? I for one believe using The Emperor's Hand as a recurring villain would provide great material for episodes. Plus if I were Luke, I'd love it if I got to end up with a hot Black Widow-esque wife.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #99
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
But getting back to the main point here, why are some people against the idea of using this show as a platform for introducing Mara Jade into a higher cannon? I for one believe using The Emperor's Hand as a recurring villain would provide great material for episodes. Plus if I were Luke, I'd love it if I got to end up with a hot Black Widow-esque wife.
I cant speak for anyone else, but i've never really cared for Mara Jade. While her story of being an Emperor's hand was somewhat interesting, i just thought it was a bit predictable (at least to me) to have Luke end up marrying her lol. Plus, something about her just didnt really click with me. She kind of annoyed me at times lol. If she ends up featured somehow anywhere, i guess i would deal with it and see how they go about bringing her into the story, but if she isnt featured i'm more than fine with that too. At this point, i'm not expecting anything EU related to be honest. I dont want to set myself up for disappointment because of it. I'm trying to remain open to whichever direction they go with.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #100
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
I cant speak for anyone else, but i've never really cared for Mara Jade. While her story of being an Emperor's hand was somewhat interesting, i just thought it was a bit predictable (at least to me) to have Luke end up marrying her lol. Plus, something about her just didnt really click with me. She kind of annoyed me at times lol. If she ends up featured somehow anywhere, i guess i would deal with it and see how they go about bringing her into the story, but if she isnt featured i'm more than fine with that too. At this point, i'm not expecting anything EU related to be honest. I dont want to set myself up for disappointment because of it. I'm trying to remain open to whichever direction they go with.
Well if that's the case, they could always improve the character. This again reinforces the point I made of how this is a perfect platform for this. I mean who like Clone Wars/Matt Lanter's Anakin compared to Hayden Christensen's Anakin?

Just imagine this except with lightsabers and the Force and a charm equivalent to Poison Ivy from Batman TAS(if they are doing the latter half of the 19 year gap between III and IV)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread