No the Stormtrooper one is from Rebels.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #129
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batspider77 View Post
No the Stormtrooper one is from Rebels.
Oh, I see it. I was looking at the pics with only the sculpts.

*facepalm*

Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 PM   #130
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhead9707 View Post
I don't intend to be judgemental so please don't take this the wrong way, but it seems like all the people who hate TFU are the ones who refuse to accept that someone could be more powerful than Vader. Vader was still incredibly powerful, but after losing his arms and legs he lost a lot of his dueling abilities, as well as the ability to use force lightning. I think it seems plausible that a strong force user could potentially beat him. Especially since Starkiller was trained by Vader himself. Heck, Obi Wan wasn't the most POWERFUL force user, but because he was smarter and such a great jedi and Vader was so prideful, he won. I see where you're coming from, but Starkiller is a very interesting character to me. Agree to disagree?

Now, for the part I put in red, you're a friggin genius. I'd love to see something like that.
I understand what you're saying but from a story telling perspective a character like Vader is much more intimidating if we don't see him lose. It makes the protagonist seem more helpless and therefore builds more excitement wondering how they're going to manage to make it out. Would Bane has a been frightening in The Dark Knight Rises if he didn't seem like a challenge for Batman? I don't have a problem with Starkiller being more powerful than him, but making it so blatant, keeps the story from being as good as it otherwise could be.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #131
Octoberist
point blank

I think the Force Unleashed worked as an in-game, self-contained canon only. Apply it to anything else, then it becomes absurd.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #132
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Star Wars Rebels is going to have a much younger cast of characters so....... that has tempered my excitement for the show.

@Octoberist- Then I don't see why adapting a character is out of one context to another is out of the question?

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #133
Octoberist
point blank

You do realize that in A New Hope, the characters of Leia and Luke are written to be 19 years old, while Han is suppose to be in his late 20's right?

And for your second comment, I had to decipher your point because I don't understand your question at all. If you're talking about taking the character of 'Starkiller' and adapting him to the main cannon, which includes some changes so his character can make sense, then I'm okay with that. Otherwise, I think his character will fall into obscurity in a few years. Yes, I've said. I think people are over thinking the Force Unleashed and how it actually ties into the real canon. Meanwhile, I just saw cash-in titles, with one good game that will be forgotten in a few years.

Last edited by Octoberist; 06-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #134
Paradox1
Side-Kick

like Bobba Fett was forgotten? or Admiral Tarkin? Those characters should of been forgotten. However for some reason being a bad ass in the Star Wars Universe makes you unforgettable.

See you mistake my point about Rebels I was going in thinking its a continuation in style and format to that of Clone Wars. That is what is lessening my excitement about this show.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 06-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #135
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
like Bobba Fett was forgotten? or Admiral Tarkin? Those characters should of been forgotten. However for some reason being a bad ass in the Star Wars Universe makes you unforgettable.

See you mistake my point about Rebels I was going in thinking its a continuation in style and format to that of Clone Wars. That is what is lessening my excitement about this show.
What a weird and weightless argument to make. Boba Fett and Tarkin are from the BEEPING MOVIES. Starkiller is from a dead video game franchise (for now). Let's face it; as fun as they were, they felt like an elsewhere/fan-fiction universe. That a dude can bring down a Star Destroyer with THE FORCE between Episode 3 and 4, and nobody mentions him in the Original films. Or how he like a breakdancing B-Boy from 2011 instead of a dude from the late 70's.

It was fun for what it was. That's it.

That's the problem with EU stuff. They tend to implode unto itself since it's constantly trying to find new way to do 'in-between' installments, using 'convenience' as a foundation.. without thinking about real continuity

With Rebels, yes, I didn't mistaken what you wrote. What you wrote was very clear

I'm not trying to pick on you, dude. I'm not.

Last edited by Octoberist; 06-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:36 PM   #136
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:

Tarkin was actually very forgettable, that was probably due to him being overshadowed by darth vader

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #137
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
What a weird and weightless argument to make. Boba Fett and Tarkin are from the BEEPING MOVIES. Starkiller is from a dead video game franchise (for now). Let's face it; as fun as they were, they felt like an elsewhere/fan-fiction universe. That a dude can bring down a Star Destroyer with THE FORCE between Episode 3 and 4, and nobody mentions him in the Original films. Or how he like a breakdancing B-Boy from 2011 instead of a dude from the late 70's.

It was fun for what it was. That's it.

That's the problem with EU stuff. They tend to implode unto itself since it's constantly trying to find new way to do 'in-between' installments, using 'convenience' as a foundation.. without thinking about real continuity

With Rebels, yes, I didn't mistaken what you wrote. What you wrote was very clear

I'm not trying to pick on you, dude. I'm not.
Was there some hyperbole in StarKiller's powers maybe after all it's video game. However I argue there was breathing room put there by the movies. Darth Vader said the power of the force is greater than the power of the DeathStar. Yoda did say that size means nothing when it comes to the force which made him lift a Luke's starfighter it's either you will or you won't.

It doesn't matter if they are from the movies or the EU being a bad ass in Star Wars makes you unforgettable. I haven't even read much EU but I know the Vong War, I know Jacin Solo. There are also some very cool characters from video games like Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Kyle Kartan among others.

I have no idea why people hang on to continuity issues like why a character wasn't mentioned in the movies. Its saga is constantly evolving Lucas couldn't have thought going in that it would become as big as it is.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #138
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Was there some hyperbole in StarKiller's powers maybe after all it's video game. However I argue there was breathing room put there by the movies. Darth Vader said the power of the force is greater than the power of the DeathStar. Yoda did say that size means nothing when it comes to the force which made him lift a Luke's starfighter it's either you will or you won't.

It doesn't matter if they are from the movies or the EU being a bad ass in Star Wars makes you unforgettable. I haven't even read much EU but I know the Vong War, I know Jacin Solo. There are also some very cool characters from video games like Darth Revan, Darth Malak, Kyle Kartan among others.

I have no idea why people hang on to continuity issues like why a character wasn't mentioned in the movies. Its saga is constantly evolving Lucas couldn't have thought going in that it would become as big as it is.
The problem is trying TO BRIDGE what happen to the game(s) to another medium, being a show like this or the movies. It's dumb because there wasn't a whole lot of thought during the genesis of TFU. The goal was just to make a fun game. It's a stupid storyline, I'm sorry. But the point was that the gameplay was fun.

It works with The Old Republic because it's from a different era thousands of years ago that does not contradict with anything.

Here's an example that I've used before: It's like if LucasArts wanted to make a game where the unseen adventures of C3PO and R2D2 during their walk to Jabba's palace in 'Return of the Jedi'. Then now it's "CANON" despite it's absurdity. But as a game maker, I'll know people will overthink it and eat it up, so whatever!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:31 AM   #139
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I think it's pretty safe to say that regarding TFU they only wanted to make a game where you could make as much destruction as possible, and then they tried to fit a story on top of it as you say. And it would have to be tweaked in order to fit into the movie canon. I however would like to see Starkiller in more stuff just because I like Witver.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
gohei_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #140
FVD
Jolly Loves You

I'm sure Sam Witwer can go and lend his voice to an entirely new character or else we'll probably end up seeing Darth Maul again given what Sidious has planned for him. Given that we'll likely not be seeing Maul in the Clone Wars Bonus Content, maybe we'll see him again in Rebels?!

As for TFU, a fun game it was but as canon - they claim it was but like Octoberist said, somebody bringing down a Star Destroyer with the Force was cool to watch but at the end of the day it really is utterly ridiculous to include into a series!!!

Now one thing I will be looking forward to is who gets to voice Darth Vader....

Old 07-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #141
The Hill
Frat House Member

Chad Vader...same guy who did TFU he was pretty passable.

"Shepard you're missing it! It's Goddamn GLORIOUS! I'm clawing out bodies out here!" Grunt Mass Effect 2
The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #142
Doc Ock
1951-2014

I really like Sam Witwer and how is a big fan himself but yeah the TFU games were kinda a disappointment for me I was so excited about them. I heard the novels are better.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #143
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batspider77 View Post
That's pretty cool.

I really hope we get more Emperor in Rebels, I'm a huge fan boy of his.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #144
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I really like Sam Witwer and how is a big fan himself but yeah the TFU games were kinda a disappointment for me I was so excited about them. I heard the novels are better.
Heh, I was playing TFU a couple of weeks ago, and when I got to the part where Starkiller was fighting PROXY-as-Maul, I was laughing my ass off.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #145
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Concept Art

Old 07-27-2013, 08:17 AM   #146
Bim
Side-Kick

Very excited about this! I'm loving this weekend already lol

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #147
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya this looks great!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #148
James
Built from Lego

I can't wait to see this series in action, the more I think about it, the more exciting it gets.

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #149
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:28 PM   #150
Drakepool
Side-Kick

My only gripe is that I would've preferred it to be closer to ROTS than ANH.