The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Rebels

Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #176
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Default Re: Star Wars: Rebels

This show is going to be awesome it can have the same tone as the Clone Wars.

It can be lighter or darker or the same, cause I just found out that the show is rated TV-PG just as Clone Wars thank God.

And it makes sense, since it's set in the darkest times of the Star Wars Saga.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:41 AM   #177
Grievous
General of the Droid Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I'm loving this concept far better than that Reclamation crap. I always thought something set between Episodes III-IV would be awesome where it's just straight up Rebels vs the Evil Empire. There's also not much lore set in that era, so you can play with it quite nicely. It would be quite interesting to see how the galaxy's actually holding up after Palpatine really took over.

Characters I would love to see appear
STARKILLER!!! as well as other TFU characters like Juno, Rahm, PROXY
Ahsoka Tano-->Just to see if my theory of her becoming an agent of the Rebel Alliance is true
Leia Organa
Wedge Antilles and Red Squadron PLEASE!
Han and Chewbacca-->Just as a cameo
Kyle Katarn
Boba Fett(I think that's a given)
Any other surviving Jedi
Darth Vader
Maul
Asajj Ventress(who I believe is still alive?)
Dash Rendar
A really young Mara Jade
Idk how the community as a whole feels about Starkiller. I think people either love TFU or hate it. Ventress idk cause I believe the comics at one point had her ending be simply she wanted nothing to do with the war anymore and just vanished. With Maul being brought back which I honestly thought was ridiculous at first I'm at the point were I would be cool with Grievous being brought back no matter how ridiculous it is. If they actually did his character justice. Make him the unstoppable Jedi hunter he was in the first Clone Wars show, not the one from the recent show because that was down right insulting to his fans George Lucas! I'm being biased I know but don't act like you wouldn't support your favorite character getting as much spotlight as possible.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Grievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #178
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
Idk how the community as a whole feels about Starkiller. I think people either love TFU or hate it. Ventress idk cause I believe the comics at one point had her ending be simply she wanted nothing to do with the war anymore and just vanished. With Maul being brought back which I honestly thought was ridiculous at first I'm at the point were I would be cool with Grievous being brought back no matter how ridiculous it is. If they actually did his character justice. Make him the unstoppable Jedi hunter he was in the first Clone Wars show, not the one from the recent show because that was down right insulting to his fans George Lucas! I'm being biased I know but don't act like you wouldn't support your favorite character getting as much spotlight as possible.
The Clone Wars micro series was amazing, and Grievous came on screen and I was instantly enthralled by how awesome and powerful the character was to the point where he quickly became my favorite non-OT character. Then ROTS and the new Clone Wars cartoon turned him into a coward! I love the way Grievous first appeared in the micro series and his cameos in Republic Commando made him seem terrifying as well. I love how your username and avatar supports Grievous, I was once a huge CIS fan before ROTS. Now I'm up and down but they are made awesome in the comics and novels. Outside of Dooku, Ventress, and a few others the CIS sometimes seemed to act as pure comic relief. It was disappointing, the Battle Droids were cooler in the first two prequel films...

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #179
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Bleh, I never cared for the over-the-top Marty Stu Grievous in Genndy's Clone Wars series. The Lucas-canon version isn't much better, but I still prefer it over the Genndy-CW version.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #180
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post
Bleh, I never cared for the over-the-top Marty Stu Grievous in Genndy's Clone Wars series. The Lucas-canon version isn't much better, but I still prefer it over the Genndy-CW version.
From my journeys to theforce.net that seems to be a popular opinion over there, sure I suppose Geendy's Clone Wars is over the top at times but I considered it part of his style and not how it would work elsewhere. I can't stand the Version of Grievous who always fails and is not terrifying at all and a coward to boot. Dark Horse did a better job with Grievous too...

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #181
Grievous

I really don't know why George would look at all the examples of Grievous being a unstoppable monster with the show and comics and do the complete opposite in ROTS. The movie would of been much better imo if they would of kept Grievous the way he was. Having Obi Wan take down someone with the reputation as a ''Jedi hunter'' would of had a lot more meaning then simply taking down the general before he could escape. I mean that is where the whole light saber trophy thing came from, he was like a Predator so to speak.

I'll take Genndy's Clone Wars over the new one anyday. I even liked Ventress better in the old show. She was cooler as a silent type. Also I liked Durge more than Bane. The whole CIS felt like comic relief in the new show and I didn't like that. Hopefully Rebels doesn't make the villains comical.

"Jedi! You are surrounded, your army is decimated. Make peace with the Force now…for this is your final hour. But know that I, General Grievous, am not completely without mercy. I will grant you a warrior's death. Prepare!" - General Grievous
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #182
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really don't know why George would look at all the examples of Grievous being a unstoppable monster with the show and comics and do the complete opposite in ROTS.
You have to admit though, everything was way over the top in those cartoons. Personally, i'm glad they toned that down for the movies. I loved the fact that Grievous was this menace, but the second he met someone who was challenging, he had no issues with running away. I've never been much of a fan of unstoppable heroes or villains. I find them more interesting with flaws.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #183
Grievous

The show did have some moments that would make you think it was taken out of TFU due to the level of power being displayed I will admit that. ROTS Grievous didn't bug me too much cause I just cannoned he became weaker when Mace gave him his cough at the end of the micro series. But with the exception of Lair of Grievous and a few scenes like killing the older night sister, Grievous didn't get much justice in the new Clone Wars show. I just hope if they ever touch on the Clone Wars era again that they make him more stronger. I'm not saying he has to be just like the micro series were you would think he could take on anybody, but stronger then what was shown in the Clone Wars at least.

Also this is random but do any of you know if Hasbro will release more Clone Wars figures? So far 2013 has only wave 1 and I want a Barriss Offee figure since I found out she actually is a unique character now and not a background Jedi. There is one of her but it came out in 2011 I think so I figure stores won't have it. I lost interest in the show will how Grievous was handled but I have renewed interest since learning they made Offee stand out among the other Jedi. I like the concept of a Jedi that feels the order has lost it's way.

Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #184
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
The show did have some moments that would make you think it was taken out of TFU due to the level of power being displayed I will admit that. ROTS Grievous didn't bug me too much cause I just cannoned he became weaker when Mace gave him his cough at the end of the micro series. But with the exception of Lair of Grievous and a few scenes like killing the older night sister, Grievous didn't get much justice in the new Clone Wars show. I just hope if they ever touch on the Clone Wars era again that they make him more stronger. I'm not saying he has to be just like the micro series were you would think he could take on anybody, but stronger then what was shown in the Clone Wars at least.
I didn't mind the weaker Grievous in ROTS as it made sense in regards towards Mace Windu crushing his chest, it wasn't until the 2008 Clone Wars show that I got annoyed of him always being in that weakened state because it was supposed to be before ROTS and Grievous wasn't presented in the ROTS way up until that point. I've kinda come to the conclusion that based on his character in 2008 The Clone Wars and ROTS George Lucas always intended him to be the coward that he was in those two things and never be the microseries/comic-book version.

I liked him being the unstoppable legendary Droid General in the micro-series and it took a unstoppable(mostly) legendary Jedi General(Mace Windu) to finally cripple him.

Its very disappointing to me as I was a huge Grievous fan for the longest time and still have a fondness of the character depending on what material he is in.

Old 09-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #185
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

any news on the animation style?

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #186
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
any news on the animation style?
I think it won't be that different than the animation style of Clone Wars, but maybe I'm wrong.

DaddlerTheDalek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #187
FCEEVIPER
The Demons Head

Lucasfilm Bringing Star Wars Rebels And More To New York Comic Con 2013

StarWars.com has announced Lucasfilm's plans for New York Comic Con 2013 (October 10-13), including an early look at Star Wars Rebels and a panel about The Making of Return of the Jedi by J.W. Rinzler. Here are the listings for those events.

Star Wars Rebels: The Might of the Empire
Saturday, October 12, 2013
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Room 1E

What happens when the Galactic Empire takes over a planet? What if Imperials took interest in your world, and garrisoned Stormtroopers and TIE fighters to maintain order? Star Wars Rebels, the thrilling, all-new animated television series from Lucasfilm for Disney XD will ask those questions -- and so will this panel hosted by Lucasfilm's resident Star Wars expert, Pablo Hidalgo.

Details on the show are closely guarded, but fans at NYCC will get a first look at new art from the series, and learn new information about the formidable forces of the Galactic Empire. Star Wars Rebels is set between Episodes III and IV, and it is a dark time in the galaxy. In the spirit of the original trilogy, the Empire is once again the preeminent villain of the saga, and Star Wars Rebels puts the awesome might of Imperial forces in the spotlight.

The series is still a year away, so don't miss this chance to get an early look at its development.

The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
Sunday, October 13, 2013
2:45 p.m. - 3:45 p.m., Room 1A23
This year marks the thirtieth anniversary of Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Go behind-the-scenes of this fascinating film with author and Lucasfilm executive editor J.W. Rinzler and author Jason Fry. Hear some of the stories, anecdotes, recollections, and revelations collected in Rinzler's new book The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, and see amazing photos and video from the set. Details about the upcoming enhanced e-books for all three titles in Rinzler's The Making of Star Wars series will be revealed.
Head over to StarWars.com for the complete NYCC 2013 programming details.

UPDATE: Pete at Lightsaber Rattling noticed an extra paragraph in the New York Comic Con website's description of the Star Wars Rebels panel. That paragraph turns out to be moderately revealing about the focus of the series:
Luckily, there are those who are brave and daring enough to stand up against the oppressive Imperial might: the crew of the starship Ghost. Star Wars Rebels follows their adventures as they carry out thrilling missions against these dark forces.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:37 PM   #188
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

My main worry is if it will keep up the same style of progressive storylines as Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It's the only Star Wars media, other than books, to not only pass the Bechdel Test but have episodes that revolved around female protagonists. I loved that and really hopes it continues in the new one but...I'm not sure if it will. People still seem set in their old thinking of "female protagonists will repel boys".

ericadawn16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #189
Bim
Side-Kick

Awesoe FCEEVIPER! I look forward to seeing what news we get

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #190
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Is there any word on a possible airdate? Also, are they ever going to release the unaired arc from TCW?

Old 09-20-2013, 06:55 PM   #191
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I'm going to NY Comic-Con, so I intend to check this out.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:42 PM   #192
MagnarTheGreat
Searching with Jade

Quote:
'Star Wars Rebels': David Oyelowo, Freddie Prinze Jr. in Talks for Voice Cast (Exclusive)

THR/HeatVision has learned that David Oyelowo, Freddie Prinze Jr., Vanessa Marshall, Taylor Gray and Steven Jay Blum are in the process of being cast as the voice leads for the series, which will make its debut in fall 2014.

Little is known of the series other than it is set during the time period between the two trilogies, as the Empire expanded its reach and Luke Skywalker was growing up on Tatooine.

Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class), Dave Filoni, who worked on the previous Star Wars animated series Clone Wars, and Greg Weisman (Young Justice) are executive producing.
THR - 'Star Wars Rebels': David Oyelowo, Freddie Prinze Jr. in Talks for Voice Cast (Exclusive)

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #193
FCEEVIPER
The Demons Head

I'm still waiting for cast announcement for Ian McDiarmid.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
FCEEVIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #194
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Wonder who will be playing who.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:57 PM   #195
cabel
Side-Kick

With Weisman involved, it'll be a matter of time before Keith David shows up. Vader maybe, or would that be to obvious?

cabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #196
Drakepool
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCEEVIPER View Post
I'm still waiting for cast announcement for Ian McDiarmid.

YES! McDiarmid reprisal is a must! He already reprised for a trailer for Angry Birds, why not for an animated series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabel View Post
With Weisman involved, it'll be a matter of time before Keith David shows up. Vader maybe, or would that be to obvious?
And Keith's voice would be too distinctive to work as Vader (wow I worded that horribly).

Old 09-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #197
cabel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakepool View Post

And Keith's voice would be too distinctive to work as Vader (wow I worded that horribly).
Perhaps someone could take a Keith clip and put a Vader effect on it.

cabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #198
Octoberist
point blank

From the very reliable Brendon Connelly:

Quote:
The basic premise of the show, as I understand it, revolves around a bunch of young folk who take to a ship called The Ghost and go on the run when their home planet becomes a base for the Imperial Empire, suddenly surrounding them with austere adult authority figures. If that’s not an understatement.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09/...its-storyline/

Old 09-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #199
Bim
Side-Kick

Very interesting. Who knows, we could see a few familiar faces among those young folks (hint, hint maybe hopefully Wedge?)

Old 09-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #200
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Interesting. Can't wait. And to DarthSkywalker I thought it was suppose to be fall 2014. If I'm not mistaken.