The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 AM   #51
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream - Part 4

This was a bad year to get the number 1 pick. They should have tanked this year too so they could have had a shot at Andrew Wiggins next year. They already have Verajao so to me there's no reason for them to choose Nerlens as the number 1 pick especially when he's not even going to be near physically ready and would take years just to become a decent role player.

I'm betting the Lakers or Celtics get the number 1 pick next year btw.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #52
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

The Bobcats are apparently going to become the Hornets. I dig it.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #53
BatSpider
Not an S

Holy smokes I dont know how we got into the top 3 automatically after DET. got the 8th pick but damn i'm glad we got the 3rd overall pick.

Wall/Beal/Porter (fingers crossed) will be a great core for the future of the Wizards.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:02 PM   #54
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
This was a bad year to get the number 1 pick. They should have tanked this year too so they could have had a shot at Andrew Wiggins next year. They already have Verajao so to me there's no reason for them to choose Nerlens as the number 1 pick especially when he's not even going to be near physically ready and would take years just to become a decent role player.
Personally, I feel Oladipo can and will be an above average player, perhaps even a perennial All-Star caliber guy at some point, along with Trey Burke. I don't think Oladipo will go number one (even though I feel he should) and obviously they have no use for Burke, but I do feel those two will translate fairly quickly to the NBA.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 05-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #55
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. View Post
Chris Paul’s preference is to stay with the Clippers but he wants them to hire an African-American coach, according to multiple league sources.
Whoa...really? Imagine if Dirk Nowitzki said he wanted a white coach in Dallas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

I'm betting the Lakers or Celtics get the number 1 pick next year btw.
That's the tough thing about the NBA in general...there are so few really transcendent players. They don't come out every year. The lottery makes it even tougher...you can be the worst team in the league for 10 straight years and never actually get the #1 pick. I would hope they would axe the lottery at some point.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #56
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

So does anyone think the Pacers can pull the rug out from under the Heat in game 1 like the Bulls did? Not that it will matter much in the end......

Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #57
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post

That's the tough thing about the NBA in general...there are so few really transcendent players. They don't come out every year. The lottery makes it even tougher...you can be the worst team in the league for 10 straight years and never actually get the #1 pick. I would hope they would axe the lottery at some point.
I go the other way on the issue. Honestly, I think it should be brought in across the board over all sports. It limits the incentives for tanking, and frankly, if you're the worst team in the league for ten consecutive years then your team has bigger problems than draft talent.

Edit: Also, the odds that you wouldn't get the 1 pick over ten consecutive years with the most balls are pretty lean.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."

Last edited by Hound55; 05-22-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #58
Hound55

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
So does anyone think the Pacers can pull the rug out from under the Heat in game 1 like the Bulls did? Not that it will matter much in the end......
I'm thinking the Heat might come out cold, but it won't matter because the Pacers won't have adjusted yet and will commit too many turnovers.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 05-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #59
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Nope. I take Heat 93-82.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM   #60
L.A.
Side-Kick

As the Clippers look for a replacement for just-let-go coach Vinny Del Negro, former Portland Trail Blazers coach Nate McMillan has emerged as a potential candidate, according to several NBA executives who were not authorized to speak publicly on the situation.

McMillan is one of about five candidates the Clippers’ front office is seriously considering and will present to owner Donald Sterling, one NBA executive said.

McMillan has interviewed for the Atlanta Hawks job and he reportedly is also a candidate for the head-coach openings in Milwaukee and Detroit.

McMillan, 48, was fired as coach of the Trail Blazers in 2012. He has posted a 478-452 record over his 12 years as a coach.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #61
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I go the other way on the issue. Honestly, I think it should be brought in across the board over all sports. It limits the incentives for tanking, and frankly, if you're the worst team in the league for ten consecutive years then your team has bigger problems than draft talent.

Edit: Also, the odds that you wouldn't get the 1 pick over ten consecutive years with the most balls are pretty lean
Not true actually. The last time the worst team won the lottery was in 2004. The odds the worst team wins is 25%, which isn't great. It doesn't have to balance itself out over a number of years.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:45 PM   #62
Hound55

It doesn't have to balance itself out, no, but the odds are still fairly lean. Its happened this past ten years, in fact, but its not statistically common.

Picture flipping two coins ten consecutive times and not having the result come up two tails even once for example. Lean odds. Not impossible.

But in the mean time, even while they may not have that tor pick in those other years they're still statistically very likely to be winning very high picks.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #63
Hound55

Actually no, 2004, so it hasn't happened in these last ten years.

Old 05-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #64
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Cole and Birdman are a great combo right now.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #65
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post

Edit: Also, the odds that you wouldn't get the 1 pick over ten consecutive years with the most balls are pretty lean.
I was a Mavs fan for many years and watched them suffer as a result of the lottery in the 90s. They were really good in the 80s and then a player named Roy Tarpley knocked them off the rails as the 90s rolled around. (drugs mostly) He was the guy who was supposed to be their star in the 90s. Then a couple of other guys left in free agency and the ship sank quickly. The Mavs finished with one of the worst records in NBA history in 92 and 93 and thanks to the lottery got no #1 pick out of either season. Along the way in the 90s as the Mavs struggled to rebuild, Shaq and Tim Duncan came out and were grabbed by other teams as the Mavs never once got the #1 pick. There was no "tanking" involved in this.

Talk about "odds"....The Spurs had Tim Duncan fall into their laps when they missed the playoffs due to David Robinson getting hurt. They were basically gifted 4 titles (and working on another one now). Is that really the way the system should work? I can't wait to see if the Spurs can built a championship team without that ridiculous luck.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 PM   #66
JeetKuneDo
Guitarist

Wow...watching the end of this Heat/Pacers game...what is up with Lebron? He looks like he is "deferring" to Wade again and has not made one play since I turned this game on.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #67
L.A.
Side-Kick

its amazing how a physical game turns lebron into charmin....i mean the dude is like 290lbs muscle....i dont get it.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:44 PM   #68
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeetKuneDo View Post
Wow...watching the end of this Heat/Pacers game...what is up with Lebron? He looks like he is "deferring" to Wade again and has not made one play since I turned this game on.
I am the absolute last person to defend LeBron, but the guy has a triple double. What more could you ask for from him?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #69
JaD
Thriller Night

That's what the f*** I'm talkin' about!!!!

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #70
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Holy crap

Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 PM   #71
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Oh man, I am rooting for the Pacers and despise the Heat but I am glad that LeBron made that shot because I would absolutely hate to see a game end on those bogus foul shots. Wade barely touched him. There is no way that the contact had any effect on the shot. This is typical case of NBA refs making the game more about them than the players and the game shouldn't have been decided based on those, so good for LeBron. I hope he gets his ass kicked in the next four games, but good for him tonight. THAT is how an NBA game should end. Not based on a ref making a bogus call.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #72
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Skip Bayless: No, no, no, no, no. Doesn't count. Michael Jordan made a clutch jump shot to beat The Jazz. LeBron went to the rim with Hibbert on the bench.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #73
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Old 05-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #74
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Bloody hell.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #75
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Fate?

LeBron hit his other buzzer beater on this night four years ago.

Closed Thread