The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 PM   #251
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Much as I'd like to see a shared universe, I think it's more likely that Hugh Jackman is just being his usual nice guy self and is trying to keep everyone getting along.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #252
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Well If we see some The Wolverine merchandise that Is sign for future.Untill we see
merchise again for the Wolverine or Days of future past best not to get your hopes up.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:00 PM   #253
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
http://screenrant.com

A fascinating quote from Hugh Jackman posted to Screenrant regarding the potential for an Avengers/X-Men mash up, including:

"one of the great things about this movie is that a lot of people from Marvel are here and it seems a lot more inclusive than it has been in the past. I don't know what's happening behind the scenes, but I think it is fantastic".

Jackman goes on to provide high praise for Marvel Studios honcho Kevin Feige. Is there a deal in the works to have more collaboration between the two studios going forward? Will Disney/Marvel be involved in putting an MCU-style marketing push together for DOFP? Could Jackman be the one to heal the apparent rift between Disney/Marvel and FOX? Stay tuned.
Well, if the X-Men rights are with Fox 'in perpetuity' (= forever), then the fanboys and the studios should face that fact.

Marvel and Fox might as well negotiate a good merchandising deal and it also wouldn't hurt to be more collaborative.

Avengers 2 and all Marvel films from now on look likely to be massive winners at the box office. Iron Man 3 stunned me with its box office takings, as I didn't like it very much. But it does show the power of the Marvel brand. Marvel and Disney have nothing to worry about - and probably even more to gain if they were able to incorporate key characters from the X-Men and Fantastic Four. Win-win.

But at the very least, a merchandising deal needs to be struck - and fast!

Old 05-28-2013, 02:01 PM   #254
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Well If we see some The Wolverine merchandise that Is sign for future.Untill we see
merchise again for the Wolverine or Days of future past best not to get your hopes up.

It's too late for Marvel to be involved with the marketing push for The Wolverine. The key film is DOFP - FOX has a lot riding on it, especially if Jackman's latest underperforms. DOFP could have the kind of all ages appeal that has worked so well in the MCU's latest films, and sell a considerable amount of tie- in merchandise as well. But that is going to rely on cutting a deal with Disney/Marvel beforehand. If Thor does well in its 11/14 slot, Marvel may even be up to move GOTG to the fall in order to give DOFP some more breathing room, rather than potentially overshadowing the FOX release in a sea of Rocket Raccoon plush toys.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #255
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It's too late for Marvel to be involved with the marketing push for The Wolverine. The key film is DOFP - FOX has a lot riding on it, especially if Jackman's latest underperforms. DOFP could have the kind of all ages appeal that has worked so well in the MCU's latest films, and sell a considerable amount of tie- in merchandise as well. But that is going to rely on cutting a deal with Disney/Marvel beforehand. If Thor does well in its 11/14 slot, Marvel may even be up to move GOTG to the fall in order to give DOFP some more breathing room, rather than potentially overshadowing the FOX release in a sea of Rocket Raccoon plush toys.
I think they have to be careful about marketing a cute furry animal toy that's holding a massive gun. Not a very good message, especially in America.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:18 PM   #256
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I think they have to be careful about marketing a cute furry animal toy that's holding a massive gun. Not a very good message, especially in America.

The massive gun will likely be "nerfed".

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #257
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
There are action figures coming out for The Wolverine:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...lds-dark-elves

Old 05-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #258
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The massive gun will likely be "nerfed".
Yep, that's exactly what they'll do.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #259
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
November 2014 is loaded with Hunger Games 3 and Nolan's Interstellar, which on paper, is automatically a bigger interest generator being that it is sci-fi and is Nolan's next film. Novemeber is usually a busy month. September and October are horrible. Other than that, you would have to go to next year. When is Ant-Man due out? November 2015?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
Much as I'd like to see a shared universe, I think it's more likely that Hugh Jackman is just being his usual nice guy self and is trying to keep everyone getting along.
Nailed it.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #260
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
There are action figures coming out for The Wolverine:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/...lds-dark-elves
I was hoping Wolverine in the business suit would be a figure.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #261
Angamb
Banned User

what does Archangel has to do with Thor: The Dark world and The Wolverine? lol

a cameo after the credits or what?

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #262
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I was hoping Wolverine in the business suit would be a figure.
eh, those figs are very minor tie ins. I'm not even sure it's actually a separate line of MU figs. I'd almost guarantee it's not.

Wolverine is also getting a line of Marvel Legends "Wolverine Legends" conveniently hitting this summer, but arn't squat about the movie (Wolverine, Sabretooth, Cyclops (and Phoenix 5 cyclops), Emma Frost, Rogue, with BAF Puck)

Marvel doesnt seems to be promoting the movie at all

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #263
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
what does Archangel has to do with Thor: The Dark world and The Wolverine? lol

a cameo after the credits or what?
... that article is just listing marvel toys coming out

that arcangel is actually currently on sale

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #264
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
It's too late for Marvel to be involved with the marketing push for The Wolverine. The key film is DOFP - FOX has a lot riding on it, especially if Jackman's latest underperforms.
Sadly, I fear your latter point is more than likely to happen than not. The Wolverine is surrounded by some serious heavy hitters this summer with Man Of Steel, World War Z, Star Trek and of course Iron Man is STILL competing in theaters. All of those films looks so...so...so EPIC. Wolverine, by comparison, looks very small in scale and standard. It doesn't feel like a tentpole release or a real "event" film. It's just kinda there...and no one I know is even talking about it.

And I'm afraid that if it does underperform it may have some impact on DoFP if Marvel does not step in and "share the lovin'".

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:24 PM   #265
def28
Side-Kick

Wolverine looks leagues better then World War Z imo. From everything I've read, I don't think The Wolverine was ever going for epic. Everything said leads to it being a smaller character focused piece.

Even if it underperforms that won't dent the box office DoFP is gonna get. Unless DoFP ends up getting Origns reception it should be in pretty solid shape.

Last edited by def28; 05-28-2013 at 05:32 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #266
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Wolverine looks leagues better the World War Z imo. Form everything I read I don't think The Wolverine was ever going for epic. Everything said leads to it being a smaller character focused piece.

Even if it underperforms that won't dent the box office DoFP is gonna get.
Agreed, the Wolverine is more a character piece and deals with Wolverines inner struggles and it is not meant to be a big epic worldwide event like Man of Steel or World War Z.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #267
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Wolverine looks leagues better the World War Z imo. Form everything I've read, I don't think The Wolverine was ever going for epic. Everything said leads to it being a smaller character focused piece.

Even if it underperforms that won't dent the box office DoFP is gonna get. Unless DoFP ends up getting Origns reception it should be in pretty solid shape.
I completely agree.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:34 PM   #268
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Sadly, I fear your latter point is more than likely to happen than not. The Wolverine is surrounded by some serious heavy hitters this summer with Man Of Steel, World War Z, Star Trek and of course Iron Man is STILL competing in theaters. All of those films looks so...so...so EPIC. Wolverine, by comparison, looks very small in scale and standard. It doesn't feel like a tentpole release or a real "event" film. It's just kinda there...and no one I know is even talking about it.

And I'm afraid that if it does underperform it may have some impact on DoFP if Marvel does not step in and "share the lovin'".
It's not really "surrounded". Iron Man 3 and Star Trek are already in theaters. Man of Steel and World War Z open over a month before The Wolverine opens (also, World War Z is ridiculously overbudget and expected to be one of the summer's biggest financial bombs).

The Wolverine is definitely going to take a hit because of the last film, but it's not really going to be competing with too much once it finally opens.

Star Trek was too surrounded...opening while Iron Man 3 and Gatsby were still going strong and just a week before Fast 6 turned out not to be a good idea.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #269
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

What is the budget for Wolverine?

Mulholland-Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #270
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
What is the budget for Wolverine?
Reported budget I think is 100m, but it's probably in between that and 150.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #271
Angamb
Banned User

150????

where did they use the budget, then? Lol

Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM   #272
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
150????

where did they use the budget, then? Lol
Oh, so you've seen the movie?

Old 05-28-2013, 07:02 PM   #273
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I saw it yesterday.

wasnt impressed

Old 05-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #274
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
yeah, I saw it yesterday.

wasnt impressed
Are you sure it wasn't one of the fake tweets or set photos from other movies that you've been posting?

Old 05-28-2013, 08:59 PM   #275
DarknessOfDeath
Send me an Angel...

... what movie are we talking about here?

DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote