The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #276
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
150¿????

where did they use the budget, then? Lol
Locations, building sets, ROBO Samurai, Bullet train, War Scenes, Vehicle scenes, Ninja's fighting in the snow, Viper....

Like I said, the reported budget is 100m. It could be close around there.

Last edited by def28; 05-28-2013 at 08:06 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #277
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If, somehow, the actions that take place in 1973 line the film up with the original trilogy and set things up for X1, then I would consider it a prequel
Exactly.

But it seems like this time travel event that will take place in 1973 didn't happen to OT Professor X and OT Magneto. So its a new event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Any scene In 1973 before the time traveler or Travelers interfear can be called
prequel.
Not prequel but a flashback.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #278
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
November 2014 is loaded with Hunger Games 3 and Nolan's Interstellar, which on paper, is automatically a bigger interest generator being that it is sci-fi and is Nolan's next film. Novemeber is usually a busy month. September and October are horrible. Other than that, you would have to go to next year. When is Ant-Man due out? November 2015?
They are not gonna move GOTG. I say let it stay in August 2014.

But IMO an August release date is not wise especially for a potential new franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Locations, building sets, ROBO Samurai, Bullet train, War Scenes, Vehicle scenes, Ninja's fighting in the snow, Viper....

Like I said, the reported budget is 100m. It could be close around there.
I'm thinking $120 million.

I don't think the budget should be higher than Origins/First Class.

And since this movie isn't trying to look epic/massive and its a character-driven movie, I think $120 million is a very reasonable budget.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-28-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #279
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
The Wolverine is surrounded by some serious heavy hitters this summer with Man Of Steel, World War Z, Star Trek and of course Iron Man is STILL competing in theaters. All of those films looks so...so...so EPIC. Wolverine, by comparison, looks very small in scale and standard. It doesn't feel like a tentpole release or a real "event" film. It's just kinda there...and no one I know is even talking about it.

And I'm afraid that if it does underperform it may have some impact on DoFP if Marvel does not step in and "share the lovin'".
Actually Iron Man 3 being massive this summer could help The Wolverine since its also a Marvel brand not just a film from Marvel Studios. And it looks like Star Trek 12 won't outgross Star Trek 11 and everybody thought it was outgross Star Trek 11.

I don't think World War Z won't be successful, I think it will be the biggest disappointment this summer. And Man of Steel isn't a big threat. And all those films you mentioned already came out or will be released in June and not July.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #280
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

I have my doubts as to whether The Wolverine will do that good, honestly. It really doesn't look that impressive.

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:43 PM   #281
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its probably because the editing department doesn't know how to make the movie look better in trailers.

Whether the movie is good or not, they should trick us that the movie is so good that they would encourage us to watch the movie.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:39 AM   #282
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I have my doubts as to whether The Wolverine will do that good, honestly. It really doesn't look that impressive.
I think it could be the best film ever and it still wouldn't do great. Fox have really not put any effort into marketing.

Old 05-29-2013, 04:17 AM   #283
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree that it is not a prequel. If it was about the years from 1962 to 1973, before any time travel intervention, and if it didn't feature the future cast and time travelling, then it would be a prequel.
I also agree that DoFP is not a prequel. "Prequel" can't be an isolated thing, it has to be a prequel to something and there has to be a continuity. If DoFP was a prequel to the original trilogy, then, for instance, Charles in the original trilogy would have to be a character who, in his 70s past, have lived through the events of DoFP and learned about what's going to happen in the future. Which doesn't really make sense.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:57 AM   #284
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I also agree that DoFP is not a prequel. "Prequel" can't be an isolated thing, it has to be a prequel to something and there has to be a continuity. If DoFP was a prequel to the original trilogy, then, for instance, Charles in the original trilogy would have to be a character who, in his 70s past, have lived through the events of DoFP and learned about what's going to happen in the future. Which doesn't really make sense.
Ah but what if the "changed future" is the future we already see in the OT and the dofp"future" is a future that never really happens because its already prevented. (basically the dofp future isn't post X3) its already an alternate future. Then utter makes dofp a complete prequel to the OT because even though there's future scenes, it shapes the past of the OT

Paradox

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #285
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

But the DoFP future is post-X3. I personally did not think that would be the case, but if Singer says that it is partly a sequel to X3 then I don't see how it can be otherwise.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #286
psyonic
X-Man

I can't wait until Comic Con. DoFP will be there and I'm willing to bet we'll get a teaser and promo shots!

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #287
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Ah but what if the "changed future" is the future we already see in the OT and the dofp"future" is a future that never really happens because its already prevented. (basically the dofp future isn't post X3) its already an alternate future. Then utter makes dofp a complete prequel to the OT because even though there's future scenes, it shapes the past of the OT

Paradox
Events in the future impact the present to the same degree as past events, at least if you believe the latest jargon in theoretical physics and all that quantum conundrum. Particles can exist in multiple places at a time both in the past and in the future. They only "appear" in the present when you try to measure them. We already proved that. Now we need a way to get information back to the past through these nonlocality rules. I am sure Singer and Cameron had a lengthy discussion on it and we advised by quantum theorists at some point. Singer needs to justify his rules and minimize the contradictions so that the entire story doesn't collapse.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:28 AM   #288
Melapi
Side-Kick

Any oficial word about Comic con?

I hope they show some scenes or photos and probably we will see some actors. I think Bryan will attend, and for the actors I'm almost sure about
- Hugh Jackman, this can help with TW promotion
- Anna Paquin, every year there are a TB panel and probably this year won't be different. She attends every year and in this occasion she can easily stay a few more days for XMDOFP
- Peter Dinklage, like TB, Game of Thrones use to have a panel so he can attend and do like Anna
- Some of the actors how already finished filming, like Boo Boo Stewart.

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #289
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melapi View Post
Any oficial word about Comic con?

I hope they show some scenes or photos and probably we will see some actors. I think Bryan will attend, and for the actors I'm almost sure about
- Hugh Jackman, this can help with TW promotion
- Anna Paquin, every year there are a TB panel and probably this year won't be different. She attends every year and in this occasion she can easily stay a few more days for XMDOFP
- Peter Dinklage, like TB, Game of Thrones use to have a panel so he can attend and do like Anna
- Some of the actors how already finished filming, like Boo Boo Stewart.
I don't think they'll bring Booboo stewart, They will fill the panel with the actors playing fan favourite characters, so Hugh, Anna, Ellen and possibly James Mcavoy and nicholas hoult and I almost certainly expect to see Ian and/or Patrick. Halle definitely will not be there as she would be very far along in her pregnancy by that point. Not to sure about JLaw or the others.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:39 AM   #290
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Not sure if it makes sense for the original trilogy to take place after the altered past, because no one in the original trilogy mentioned time travel or having met Wolverine before.

Surely, the altered past has to create a new timeline?

Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM   #291
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not sure if it makes sense for the original trilogy to take place after the altered past, because no one in the original trilogy mentioned time travel or having met Wolverine before.

It does make sense, in fact it's the only way it makes sense. The events of the original trilogy should remain unchanged because they would be the outcome of DOFP. Spideyboy is pretty much right on the mark.

But yea it would have to create a whole new dimension/timeline where the OT doesn't even exist, which also is kind of a bummer, you don't want to undo the previous films.

As I've said before though, there's never real logic when dealing with time travel, the paradox will always be there. You can't explain the first 2 terminator movies, hell even the first one, without them undoing themselves over and over. It's an endless loop. Anything that happens in DOFP should technically lead to the OT as we have seen it.

You just have to hope the filmakers entertain you enough, and to not make glaring problems even bigger with time travel. It has to be glossed over somehow in a way that doesn't make you think TOO deeply about it, but still be smart entertainment. Such as t1and t2. They make zero sense, but you wouldn't know that watching it really, unless your mind was in another place not being entertained.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #292
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
It does make sense, in fact it's the only way it makes sense. The events of the original trilogy should remain unchanged because they would be the outcome of DOFP. Spideyboy is pretty much right on the mark.

But yea it would have to create a whole new dimension/timeline where the OT doesn't even exist, which also is kind of a bummer, you don't want to undo the previous films.

As I've said before though, there's never real logic when dealing with time travel, the paradox will always be there. You can't explain the first 2 terminator movies, hell even the first one, without them undoing themselves over and over. It's an endless loop. Anything that happens in DOFP should technically lead to the OT as we have seen it.

You just have to hope the filmakers entertain you enough, and to not make glaring problems even bigger with time travel. It has to be glossed over somehow in a way that doesn't make you think TOO deeply about it, but still be smart entertainment. Such as t1and t2. They make zero sense, but you wouldn't know that watching it really, unless your mind was in another place not being entertained.
The OT films need to be undone. Singer should have just finished the story instead of leaving, but after leaving, and then coming back for this story, along with his comment about "correcting some things", everything indicates that the OT is an alternate timeline that ceases to exist, assuming the good guys win .

Last edited by Mr.M; 05-29-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #293
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
The OT films need to be undone. He should have just finished the story instead of leaving, but after leaving, and then coming back for this story, along with his comment about "correcting some things", everything indicates that the OT is an alternate timeline that ceases to exist, assuming the good guys win of course.
I would totally be for that, but yea in multiple interviews Singer has noted he isn't undoing his old work or the other films, so in my eyes it doesn't work really. I understand the way he feels though, x1 and 2 shouldn't be undone especially if you went through the trouble of making them. They are so great.

At this point though, I'd accept the OT being eliminated for the sake of DOFP and a whole new timeline on film moving forward, but I don't see that happening, especially with The Wolverine coming. We'd have to look at the OT and The Wolverine as alternate timelines and that would not jive with the general audience haha.

TWayneP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #294
narrows101
Side-Kick

Hugh arriving back in Montreal from NYC.

http://fan-girl.org/2013/05/hugh-jac...31&pageid=2353

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #295
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Do people really think that Bryan Singer Is making film that wipes out his own films(X-men,X2)

He has talked about correcting some things.And It doesn't take a genus to
figure out what he Is talking about Is some of things that went down In
The Last Stand.

Plus It makes It hard to use any OT actors In future films If all the films with them are erased.And they dropped so many first Class cast members that
doing anymore films with them Is In doudt.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #296
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
But the DoFP future is post-X3. I personally did not think that would be the case, but if Singer says that it is partly a sequel to X3 then I don't see how it can be otherwise.
it can still be an alternate future, with the Events of X3 and majority of the OT event's taking place. he did say "sort of " a sequel

[=]
Old 05-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #297
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

it depends on what actually happens in the story. I really wouldn't be shocked if Xavier mind wipes any time travelers out of existence. to not create such kind of butterfly effect for those in the 70s. He already did it with Moira.

[=]
Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #298
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
The OT films need to be undone. He should have just finished the story instead of leaving, but after leaving, and then coming back for this story, along with his comment about "correcting some things", everything indicates that the OT is an alternate timeline that ceases to exist, assuming the good guys win .
singer has already said he's not undoing the OT

[=]
Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #299
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If reports of james Marsden on set were correct this hints at 2 possibiltys

1:The Time Travel wipes out some elements of Last Stand and thus at end
Cyclops Is alive
2:The DOFP future with sentinles Is pure alternate future.Cyclops Is part of It but they want to keep It a secret.Thus the time travel plot leads to The Trilogy
and The Wolverine

If Bryan Singer wanted to use time travel to undo Last Stand 1 Is a likely but
If Fox,Donnor,and Singer want to do both a 1980's set film with Remaining
First Class actors where teenage versions of Cyclops,Jean,and Storm are used
as well as a full X-Men sequel with say Apocalypse as Villain 2 would work.It
also allowes them to Ignore exactly how Xavier has returned In DOFP.There Is
still Issue of reported Xavier appearance at end of The wolverine or In post credit scene to deal with.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #300
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I think "undoing" is the wrong word to use. He certainly isn't just going to up an erase the original timeline he himself created, but I could absolutely see the 70's timeline and then the original timeline breaking off into two alternate timelines a la Star Trek 2009. (I know I keep bringing that up, but it's the best example)

Honestly, that makes the most sense.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote