The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 PM   #376
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

at first I quickly thought he would be a 70's x-man.... but after seeing some recent pics of him and seeing him older looking.... for some reason I dont think he is an actual x-man.

Maybe is a human character, someone working with Trask or for the goverment. and who knows? maybe he's another brotherhood member.... Avalanche?

in any case, still hoping there are more x-men in the 70's.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #377
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

. . . Avalanche?

Yes please.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #378
lastairbender
Side-Kick

It would be GREAT if he is Avalanche...i've been waiting for him for a while... great visual power display there!

lastairbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #379
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
at first I quickly thought he would be a 70's x-man.... but after seeing some recent pics of him and seeing him older looking.... for some reason I dont think he is an actual x-man.

Maybe is a human character, someone working with Trask or for the goverment. and who knows? maybe he's another brotherhood member.... Avalanche?

in any case, still hoping there are more x-men in the 70's.
see i actually suspect unless young jean, scott and storm are in this film then i don't think any mutants in the 70s will be known as the Xmen

singer may add some new mutants to help Xavier in the 70s though, just like i wouldn't class havok and banshee as Xmen in FC as the name wasn't even set up at that point but they still helped Xavier

i might be wrong but just my thought

Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #380
Angamb
Banned User

I know most SHH users think there wont be more 70's x-men appart from Hank and Wolverine

but being the movie this is, and Bryan latest tweet about filming something with 1000 extras.... just the idea of something this huge and a x-men team just with Xavier, Beast and Wolverine feels really really poor, to say the least.

this movie is set 11 years after FC, and even if Xavier is in a bad place, this movie should improve what FC introduced, making the past universe bigger, and not smaller.

and it would be soo unrealistic that the apocalyptic future has more mutants than the 70's, where mutants still can have a more or less peaceful life. and now that Xavier and Hank are more mature mutants, compared to FC.

I really dont see Singer portraying the 70's with just three x-men. And less Fox.

Old 06-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #381
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know most SHH users think there wont be more 70's x-men appart from Hank and Wolverine

but being the movie this is, and Bryan latest tweet about filming something with 1000 extras.... just the idea of something this huge and a x-men team just with Xavier, Beast and Wolverine feels really really poor, to say the least.

this movie is set 11 years after FC, and even if Xavier is in a bad place, this movie should improve what FC introduced, making the past universe bigger, and not smaller.

and it would be soo unrealistic that the apocalyptic future has more mutants than the 70's, where mutants still can have a more or less peaceful life. and now that Xavier and Hank are more mature mutants, compared to FC.

I really dont see Singer portraying the 70's with just three x-men. And less Fox.

i don't think beast is part of the Xmen, i don't think there is an Xmen in the 70s, if its just him and Xavier then chances are there is no Xmen

its very much the magneto/Xavier growth story, and really there isn't any rush because X1 said Cyclops and jean were his first Students and if singer does hold back till the 80s then that could still happen, but its only 1973 in this film

its safe to say i think alot of the 70s cast haven't been announced, there will probably be more mutants added to the 70s, this isn't a small film after all there will be some surprises, havok maybe being 1

Xavier is still young and figuring things out and this is my guess to the direction they will go

I have faith there is a plan there

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 06-15-2013 at 09:47 PM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #382
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Avalanche would be a great choice.

He's like the only male Brotherhood member in X-Men Evolution that has yet to appear in the movies!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #383
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

And he was In original Comic version of DOFP.

Old 06-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #384
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

70s X-Men - Professor X, Beast, Wolverine, Havok?
Brotherhood- Magneto, Mystique, Quicksilver?, Avalanche?
Modern-day X-Men - Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Shadowcat, Bishop?, Blink? Warpath?, Professor X?
Other - Trask?, Magneto?

I'm really curious to find out the role for Bishop, Blink and Warpath. I kinda find it hard to imagine if the modern day X-Men has 3 new faces and the majority of the film is not even set in the modern-day world and it looks like not all of them or at least half of them will travel to 1973. I think at least 1 of them is not a X-Man and they would meet that mutant to help them with something.

Then for the 70s X-Men (if there's a X-men in the 70s), the group seems so small right now, of course there has to be a purpose for adding a new character, but I would find it odd if Bryan Singer/Simon Kinberg didn't introduce a new character to help the group especially in the previous movies, there's always someone new to the group.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-15-2013, 11:08 PM   #385
DOFP
Side-Kick

Yeah 70's team is lacking of female characters

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 AM   #386
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Personally, I think this new actor is playing Scott.

Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #387
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope not, they are not only retconning another thing from the previous movies but I feel like its too important to have teen/young Cyclops in this movie and I'm not sure if they could pull it off especially there's already a lot of things happening in the movie.

Ideally, they should have released a direct sequel to First Class featuring the younger version of Jean and Cyke then, released a third movie, featuring the younger version of Ororo. And after that, a cross-over film with OT/FC to finally end the First Class movies and go back to the present with the OT cast.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #388
JP
Smelly

Huh?

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:54 AM   #389
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
and it would be soo unrealistic that the apocalyptic future has more mutants than the 70's, where mutants still can have a more or less peaceful life.
I'd say the opposite actually - because the future is likely to have some kind of war or organised resistance, it makes sense for it to have more mutants than in the more peaceful past where mutants don't have as much reason to group together.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #390
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Huh?
I feel like FOX should have mapped this out better. First Class seemed like it was a start of a new series or a prequel trilogy (like Star Wars Episode I to III and The Hobbit series) so some people here are assuming that First Class is a separate series but its just an one-shot prequel. There was a set-up for the X-Men and the Brotherhood (with Emma Frost as one of the Brotherhood) at the end of the movie. Then I was expecting they would introduce the younger version of Cyclops, Jean, Storm for the next film.

But now the supposedly First Class sequel looks so different from what people imagined back in 2011, half of the characters/actors that were in First Class were dropped and they brought back the original cast. Then if they introduce the younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm in this movie (like I imagined they would for an ideal First Class sequel), I just feel like it would be a lot in 1 movie.

Back in 2011, this was my ideal schedule for the future X-Men movies
2014 - First Class 2 (featuring the younger version of Cyke and Jean)
2016 - First Class 3 (featuring the younger version of Storm)
2018 - X-Men 4

But bringing back the original cast to this film totally changed things.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #391
JP
Smelly

Ah, thanks for making even less sense.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #392
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Your welcome.

And BTW I was fine with them retconning the younger Cyke and younger Jean that we saw in X3/Origins, because I thought they would finally give them some room for a proper introduction in the First Class sequel. But now it seems unlikely since they have bigger things in store for this movie and I don't think they should release more First Class movies after DOFP is released. So now I don't think they should retcon the younger version of Cyke and Jean that we saw before and I don't think its necessary anymore to show how they became a member of the X-Men. They should focus on the story of DOFP then after that, go back to the world of the modern-day X-Men.

No introduction of younger version Cyke and Jean = no retcon = less confusion/less continuity errors especially X3/Origins are still canon = they don't need to do another origin story

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-16-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:28 AM   #393
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

If they wanted to use younger Scott, Jean and Storm in some later movies, I don't think it's necessary to make it an origin story and show how they joined the school and what their lives were before that etc. The story could just jump to the point when they're all already at the school.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #394
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
So how does what psylockolossus said make even less sense?

It's a fair comment that it did look like we might get more First Class films, and that we might see a Brotherhood featuring Emma Frost since Magneto broke her out of her cell.

Then the decision to do DoFP but to leap forward 11 years and discard most of the First Class cast has changed all that.

I don't see how that doesn't make sense.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #395
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
So how does what psylockolossus said make even less sense?

It's a fair comment that it did look like we might get more First Class films, and that we might see a Brotherhood featuring Emma Frost since Magneto broke her out of her cell.

Then the decision to do DoFP but to leap forward 11 years and discard most of the First Class cast has changed all that.

I don't see how that doesn't make sense.
I dunno why people make a big thing out of them having leaped 10 years ahead (which singer said they might do in interviews) and got rid of alot of the FC cast is a way sign that its in somehow less of a sequel

Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #396
Angamb
Banned User

the thing is they seem to build the past of the x-men world with just 4 core characters, and thats being really cheap.

Thats what some of us dont like.

But in any case, we should wait until Comic Con and first teaser trailer to have more info regarding the 70's.

Last edited by Angamb; 06-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #397
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I'd be fine with a smaller cast in the 70s, personally. All the better opportunity to really focus on the characters. If "expanding the world" means throwing in a bunch of new characters who aren't likely to get much development, I can live without it.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:08 AM   #398
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I feel like FOX should have mapped this out better. First Class seemed like it was a start of a new series or a prequel trilogy (like Star Wars Episode I to III and The Hobbit series) so some people here are assuming that First Class is a separate series but its just an one-shot prequel. There was a set-up for the X-Men and the Brotherhood (with Emma Frost as one of the Brotherhood) at the end of the movie. Then I was expecting they would introduce the younger version of Cyclops, Jean, Storm for the next film.

But now the supposedly First Class sequel looks so different from what people imagined back in 2011, half of the characters/actors that were in First Class were dropped and they brought back the original cast. Then if they introduce the younger version of Cyclops, Jean and Storm in this movie (like I imagined they would for an ideal First Class sequel), I just feel like it would be a lot in 1 movie.

Back in 2011, this was my ideal schedule for the future X-Men movies
2014 - First Class 2 (featuring the younger version of Cyke and Jean)
2016 - First Class 3 (featuring the younger version of Storm)
2018 - X-Men 4

But bringing back the original cast to this film totally changed things.

A FC2 in the 60s with cyclops and jean wouldn't have worked continuity wise, a FC2 in 1973 with cyclops and jean could work but is still way to early to make sense in the timeline

Honestly bringing the OT cast back changes nothing, since the avengers every studio wants a big cross over movie and FOX basically want to rush into it and get the money and this is the cross over movie

OT and FC are part of an expanding universe which I know you don't want but singer has said in SFX magazine and he is keen to do so

Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #399
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I'd be fine with a smaller cast in the 70s, personally. All the better opportunity to really focus on the characters. If "expanding the world" means throwing in a bunch of new characters who aren't likely to get much development, I can live without it.
Id be fine with a small cast if there were NEW characters being developed since FC, but the characters they keep developing are 4 characters that have appeared before, and in the case of Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, they have appeared in ALL the team movies. oh, and same as Wolverine. so this means 5 characters from original trilogy as the only being developed in the past.

They keep "building" the franchise with them, so there isnt any new character that the audience can meet and follow through each movie.

They are basically repeating the same formula, but this time on the past. And thats being really cheap. whether those 5 characters are good characters.

The sad thing is this they keep developing Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine on the past, but nothing more than that. Some fans are happy with it, but as a x-men fan, you have to understand that is dissapointing to me.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:17 AM   #400
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Oh yeah them 4 will get alot of character development if they are the major characters of the 70s

along with... Wolverine... Who need alot of characters development I mean who is he

But in the 70s they will have more surprise mutants, they are filming the 70s stuff till August from what I gather, and if wolverine is the only time traveler in some form or another they clearly have a plan for the 70s