The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #401
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Id be fine with a small cast if there were NEW characters being developed since FC, but the characters they keep developing are 4 characters that have appeared before, and in the case of Xavier, Magneto and Mystique, they have appeared in ALL the team movies. oh, and same as Wolverine. so this means 5 characters from original trilogy as the only being developed in the past.

They keep "building" the franchise with them, so there isnt any new character that the audience can meet and follow through each movie.

They are basically repeating the same formula, but this time on the past. And thats being really cheap. whether those 5 characters are good characters.

The sad thing is this they keep developing Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine on the past, but nothing more than that. Some fans are happy with it, but as a x-men fan, you have to understand that is dissapointing to me.
Personally, I see the young Xavier, Magneto, Mystique and Beast as pretty much completely different characters from their OT counterparts. So for me, DoFP will only be the second time around with these characters.

I can see why it would be disappointing for some fans, and perhaps after DoFP they can shift the focus on other characters, but at the present I don't think that matters would be helped by throwing in a bunch of underdeveloped characters onscreen.

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:43 AM   #402
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

Days of future Past alrady has a fairly large cast.Some places online have said they have too many characters.

When you remember that Ian Mckellen filmed his X2 scenes In 2 weeks.The first
month on fuutre scenes could translate to 40 to 45 Minutes of final film.

In Future you get 4 new character(Bishop,Blink,warpath and possibly SUnspot)
In addation to 8 returnes from trilogy

For 1973 part you have Wolverine,Xavier,and Beast for "X-Men" and Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver for Brotherhood.Plus you possible Teebage Cyclops or Brotherhood member.Then you have villain probally Trask.Then there Is question how does Nixon figure Into plot.Does he replace Kelly In Film version? I think there Is reason why an actor Is playing Nixon In film.

Also with Lucas Till seen on set there Is possabilty of havok In film.

People convently forget In early days of X-Men there was only 1 woman-Jean around.You have Scarlet Witch as member of brotherhood and late In original X-men you had Polaris.

Some seem to think they can just flood screen with new characters for 1973
part of film.

first off a the major character arc of 1973 could be disillioned and messed up
Xavier.

Secondly some forgetting a decent part of film takes place In future.There may be 1 hour and 15 minutes or 1 hour and 20 minutes of screentime.You
have screentime for Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast.Introduction of and
screen time of most likely Trask,Wolverine's interaction with Xavier and beast,whatever role Nixon plays,and both Magneto's plot and "X-Men" trying to stop It.Plus a certain amount of cleaning up and correcting things too.

Future films may be set In corrected future.Any new characters Introduced
In 1973 may never be used again.

If they are shooting
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
scenes taking place In Washington D.C.
they could be for cwoad scenes reaction to battle
In Washington between "X-Men" and Brotherhood
thus reason why they need 1,000 extras while
Speicifc battle shots of mutants are done with greenscreen

This Is a fairly large cast. And you happen to have 5 women already In film-Mystique,Storm,Kitty,Rogue,Blink and If teenage Cyclops Is in film that opens door for 6th female-Teenage Jean

I don't see how people can be disappointed by not having enough characters In film.If anything the concern should be maybe a bit too many characters In film.

Old 06-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #403
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Days of future Past alrady has a fairly large cast.Some places online have said they have too many characters.

When you remember that Ian Mckellen filmed his X2 scenes In 2 weeks.The first
month on fuutre scenes could translate to 40 to 45 Minutes of final film.

In Future you get 4 new character(Bishop,Blink,warpath and possibly SUnspot)
In addation to 8 returnes from trilogy

For 1973 part you have Wolverine,Xavier,and Beast for "X-Men" and Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver for Brotherhood.Plus you possible Teebage Cyclops or Brotherhood member.Then you have villain probally Trask.Then there Is question how does Nixon figure Into plot.Does he replace Kelly In Film version? I think there Is reason why an actor Is playing Nixon In film.

Also with Lucas Till seen on set there Is possabilty of havok In film.

People convently forget In early days of X-Men there was only 1 woman-Jean around.You have Scarlet Witch as member of brotherhood and late In original X-men you had Polaris.

Some seem to think they can just flood screen with new characters for 1973
part of film.

first off a the major character arc of 1973 could be disillioned and messed up
Xavier.

Secondly some forgetting a decent part of film takes place In future.There may be 1 hour and 15 minutes or 1 hour and 20 minutes of screentime.You
have screentime for Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and Beast.Introduction of and
screen time of most likely Trask,Wolverine's interaction with Xavier and beast,whatever role Nixon plays,and both Magneto's plot and "X-Men" trying to stop It.Plus a certain amount of cleaning up and correcting things too.

Future films may be set In corrected future.Any new characters Introduced
In 1973 may never be used again.

If they are shooting
scenes taking place In Washington D.C.
they could be for cwoad scenes reaction to battle
In Washington between "X-Men" and Brotherhood
thus reason why they need 1,000 extras while
Speicifc battle shots of mutants are done with greenscreen

This Is a fairly large cast. And you happen to have 5 women already In film-Mystique,Storm,Kitty,Rogue,Blink and If teenage Cyclops Is in film that opens door for 6th female-Teenage Jean

I don't see how people can be disappointed by not having enough characters In film.If anything the concern should be maybe a bit too many characters In film.
Not sure why your referencing that Jean and Scarlet were the only X-Men in the early days,when the movie is loosely based if that on the comics. Its not following the same formula. I believe the issue was with a woman on the 70's XMen side which would exclude Mystique since she working with Magneto and no one knows yet if anyone is coming to the past. Since the bulk of the movie is the 70's then all those other names you threw out may not be seen then,nothing with someone asking to see Dazzler or Polaris in the 70's its perfectly fine to want that.

BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #404
Angamb
Banned User

to me, it seems like fans accepting the 70's roster as of today are just Xavier/Magneto/Wolverine fans.

This is a "X-Men" movie. Appart from the future, the 70's need actual XMen.

Beast and Wolverine arent a x-men team. X-Men should be more than that.

So yeah, I still hope Singer surprises us with at least one new girl on the past. Maybe he announces her before Comic Con, if not, maybe we'll see her on the teaser trailer, as one of the surprises. Would be a cool way of announcing a character

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #405
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
to me, it seems like fans accepting the 70's roster as of today are just Xavier/Magneto/Wolverine fans.
Well, you would be wrong.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:22 AM   #406
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
Not sure why your referencing that Jean and Scarlet were the only X-Men in the early days,when the movie is loosely based if that on the comics. Its not following the same formula. I believe the issue was with a woman on the 70's XMen side which would exclude Mystique since she working with Magneto and no one knows yet if anyone is coming to the past. Since the bulk of the movie is the 70's then all those other names you threw out may not be seen then,nothing with someone asking to see Dazzler or Polaris in the 70's its perfectly fine to want that.
Again this film already has a fiarly large cast,and others are already making negative comments on that.

In early days there weren't a lot of women in X-Men as eather X-men or villains.

The future scenes could take up as much as 45 minutes of final film.With this storyline future scenes are important too,and some seem to dismiss the fact there are 4 women In that section of film.

Some act like they will have 2 hours In 1973 and they can add tons of new
characters.You won't have that much time.Major devolpments will be on Xavier,Beast,Magneto,Mystique plus wolverine and who Peter Dinklage Is playing.There may not eve be an X-Men per see In 1973.Just Beast still at mansion with messed up Xavier before Wolverine shows up at mansion to try
to convince Xavier to get out of It and try to save the future.

If Havok Is In film maybe that's how If new addation Is playing Cyclops he becomes aquaneted with Xavier.

People aren't looking at cast of film as a whole and just 1973 part of film.

Dazzler? Really? Considering the time she was an X-Men Isn't considered the great peroid of X-Men

Polaris? She has same powers as Magneto,and If Havok Is In film It may be only for a small amount of time.Plus putting Polaris here would mean It would likely be her only appearance In series.

Bryan singer's favorate characters are Xavier,and Beast Is It shock he would want to devolp them.This Is first time In film he has directed he can work with Beast.Plus with Jennifer Lawrence casted Is It craxy to want to work on devolping mystique some over introducing other characters.

While Wolverine Is big part of film It's unlikely we will have a last Stand
situation considering the time Hugh Jackman has been offset.Remember he was nowhere to be seen with setpics of confrotation between Beast and
magneto.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:40 AM   #407
JP
To me

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Well, you would be wrong.
Ridiculously wrong.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #408
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Again this film already has a fiarly large cast,and others are already making negative comments on that.

In early days there weren't a lot of women in X-Men as eather X-men or villains.

The future scenes could take up as much as 45 minutes of final film.With this storyline future scenes are important too,and some seem to dismiss the fact there are 4 women In that section of film.

characters.You won't have that much time.Major devolpments will be on Xavier,Beast,Magneto,Mystique plus wolverine and who Peter Dinklage Is playing.There may not eve be an X-Men per see In 1973.Just Beast still at mansion with messed up Xavier before Wolverine shows up at mansion to try

If Havok Is In film maybe that's how If new addation Is playing Cyclops he becomes aquaneted with Xavier.

Dazzler? Really? Considering the time she was an X-Men Isn't considered the great peroid of X-Men

Polaris? She has same powers as Magneto,and If Havok Is In film It may be only for a small amount of time.Plus putting Polaris here would mean It would likely be her only appearance In series.

Bryan singer's favorate characters are Xavier,and Beast Is It shock he would want to devolp them.This Is first time In film he has directed he can work with Beast.Plus with Jennifer Lawrence casted Is It craxy to want to work on devolping mystique some over introducing other characters.

situation considering the time Hugh Jackman has been offset.Remember he was nowhere to be seen with setpics of confrotation between Beast and
magneto.
This film series has never followed the comics very closely.... Don't start expecting them to now...

Dazzler, Polaris, or hell ... Marrow, Dust, Pixie or Armor could show up in the 70s without fox batting an eye

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #409
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
A FC2 in the 60s with cyclops and jean wouldn't have worked continuity wise, a FC2 in 1973 with cyclops and jean could work but is still way to early to make sense in the timeline

Honestly bringing the OT cast back changes nothing, since the avengers every studio wants a big cross over movie and FOX basically want to rush into it and get the money and this is the cross over movie

OT and FC are part of an expanding universe which I know you don't want but singer has said in SFX magazine and he is keen to do so
I didn't say FC2 should be set in the 60s. I honestly don't mind if they jump 10 to 20 years after the last First class movie.

And bringing the OT cast back changes things. There's definitely an interest for more films with them. And back in 2011, we had no idea they are going to bring back the OT cast for the next movie.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #410
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:

So yeah, I still hope Singer surprises us with at least one new girl on the past.
Maybe he announces her before Comic Con, if not, maybe we'll see her on the teaser trailer, as one of the surprises. Would be a cool way of announcing a character
I totally agree with this, and thats my point exactly. The team is small,but considering I dont know what they have planned for the movie it may work.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #411
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:

magneto.
i said Dazzler because she was introduced into the X-Men at that time, The Disco Era I thought it would be cool to see. But thats just based on the comics. Polaris i can do without just because like you said its so similar to Magneto and I would like her fleshed out. I just want one superheroine on the 70's XMen team thats not to much considering the bulk of the movie is in the 70's they may need some help. Ok so Xavier and Beast are his favorite does that mean he can neglect the other X-Men who have done just as much for the cause as the ones you mentioned. They got fleshed out in the first one its just adding more now, is it so bad to want one character introduced for the X-Men team,considering we dont know if the guy is playing a younger Scott.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:32 PM   #412
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

This.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:42 PM   #413
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
i said Dazzler because she was introduced into the X-Men at that time, The Disco Era I thought it would be cool to see. But thats just based on the comics. Polaris i can do without just because like you said its so similar to Magneto and I would like her fleshed out. I just want one superheroine on the 70's XMen team thats not to much considering the bulk of the movie is in the 70's they may need some help. Ok so Xavier and Beast are his favorite does that mean he can neglect the other X-Men who have done just as much for the cause as the ones you mentioned. They got fleshed out in the first one its just adding more now, is it so bad to want one character introduced for the X-Men team,considering we dont know if the guy is playing a younger Scott.
Not introducing Dazzler in this film seems like a miss opportunity especially the movie is set in the 70s. I'm really curious to see how many mutants we will see in the 70s.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #414
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not introducing Dazzler in this film seems like a miss opportunity especially the movie is set in the 70s. I'm really curious to see how many mutants we will see in the 70s.
I gotta agree....

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:07 PM   #415
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And I think some people might see adding a new character, a female X-Men member in the 70s X-Men just for the sake of "adding a new character" but the way I see it. Its important to bring new faces in every new film, because it certainly bring freshness to the film, there's someone new to look forward to and the writers just need to find a way to incorporate the new character to the story of the film. Of course the new character shouldn't just stand there and be an eye candy for the audience.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #416
JP
To me

You speak as if there isn't a single "fresh face" in the film.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:46 PM   #417
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And I didn't say there wasn't a fresh face in the film? Well based on what we know so far, there's no fresh face to the 70s X-Men. Wolverine doesn't count because we already saw him before.

The thing is majority of the film takes place in 1973 and like I said before, its odd if the modern-day X-Men is getting Bishop, Blink and Warpath (which are the new faces to the team since we haven't seen them before in a X-Men movie) while the 70s X-Men might be only featuring Beast, Professor X, Wolverine and maybe Havok.

And obviously if majority of the film takes place in 1973, it means we will see more of the 70s X-Men more than the modern day X-Men.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #418
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Everyone's making the assumption that our newer characters aren't going to be part of the past portions of the movie; just because actors aren't filming together doesn't mean that certain characters won't interact.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #419
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm hoping Bishop would time travel to 1973 too!

Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #420
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

At this point we have no idea which portion of the movie certain characters appear in, and it's ridiculous to assume anything. Bishop, Warpath, and Blink could all be new additions to the 70s team even though they didn't film scenes with the FC cast; we just don't know at this point.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 06-18-2013, 12:03 AM   #421
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They could be part of the 70s team but as of right now, there's no reason/sign to believe that they could be included to the 70s team.

Anyway if Bishop, Blink and Warpath ended up as part of the modern day X-Men and their purpose in the film is to help the X-Men and the other mutants against the Sentinels, I think it would have been better if they removed one and included a new member to the 70s X-Men to help the X-Men in their fight against the Brotherhood. If it was me, I would have included Dazzler to the story/events of 1973 and since the majorityof the film takes place in 1973, that new member or Dazzler could have received enough character development instead of just doing action sequences in the present world where there's already 2 new faces to the team like Bishop and Warpath. Then in the future, I would have included Bishop as the only new face to the modern day X-Men. So thats 1 new face for the modern-day X-Men, 1 new face for the 70s X-Men. There should be a balance.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-18-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #422
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

There's no evidence either way right now, which is my point.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 12:15 AM   #423
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well off-set pictures of Booboo Stewart with Adan Canto, Shawn Ashmore, Patrick Stewart, Omar Sy, Fan Bingbing could be an evidence or a sign that they might share a scene in the movie.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #424
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ If this were 20 years ago, you'd have a point. Modern tech makes shooting schedules irrelevant, though.

Quote:
Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM   #425
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well not all the time.