The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #451
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

A lot of stuff that's been confirmed and being speculated really reminds me a lot of my X4 from years ago.

My explanation for Sentinels in the Danger Room was the X-Men had an incident with them in the past and ended up acquiring the blueprints afterward, uploaded them into the Danger Room so they could train against it to see what strategies work best against it.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #452
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

I'm really interested to see how the events in 1973 would fit in to the events of the original trilogy and the modern day X-Men.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:22 PM   #453
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Apparently no older Beast neither Angel in this sequel

CyclopsSummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #454
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Which is not very surprising.

Beast moved to DC to work with United Nations and there was no sign that Angel stayed at the X-Mansion. He probably came back to his dad after he saved him at Alcatraz.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #455
Angamb
Banned User

in the wait of official confirmation on Josh character, here an interview from Feb of this year:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I definetly see him playing a x-man. He has that look of a young/sexy/cool superhero. But no as 70's Scott. They could have used Tim Pocock in that case, since that would keep continuity and would look younger.

But in any case, Im intrigued.

Last edited by Angamb; 06-25-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:50 PM   #456
Gambits' Ace
Weapon of Choice

I actually have a crazy theory with regards this new actor Josh Helman. With the time travel aspect of the story what if Singer works in the concept of the Siege Perilous as a means for transportation and Boliver Trask, as possibly played by Peter Dinklage, enters the Siege Perilous and returns as Josh Helman, a much stronger version of the character. It would make sense why they hired Dinklage if that was the angle they were going for and why both Dinklage and Helman are "mystery" characters. In his photo he does look a little like Dinklage.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #457
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I'm intrigued too as to who he could be playing. We just don't know enough about the story to make a good guess.

Old 06-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #458
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambits' Ace View Post
I actually have a crazy theory with regards this new actor Josh Helman. With the time travel aspect of the story what if Singer works in the concept of the Siege Perilous as a means for transportation and Boliver Trask, as possibly played by Peter Dinklage, enters the Siege Perilous and returns as Josh Helman, a much stronger version of the character. It would make sense why they hired Dinklage if that was the angle they were going for and why both Dinklage and Helman are "mystery" characters. In his photo he does look a little like Dinklage.
That is indeed a crazy theory lol. It seems a very unlikely scenario.

Old 06-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #459
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
This is way too complicated of a theory for ANY movie. lol

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #460
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
One does not cast the hot property of TV right now, Peter Dinklage, only to replace him halfway through the movie with a little known actor.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:05 PM   #461
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hopefully he's a Brotherhood member!

I want to see more mutant villains in the 70s.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #462
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If he's a brotherhood member maybe Avalence.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:21 PM   #463
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Avalanche would be a great addition! He's like the only Brotherhood member in X-Men Evolution and in X-Men Legends besides Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch that we have yet to see in a X-Men movie!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:32 PM   #464
DOFP
Side-Kick

Avalanche is one of my favorite brotherhood members, having him and quicksilver can easily take out beast and wolverine and who ever the new member of the x-men is.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM   #465
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
in the wait of official confirmation on Josh character, here an interview from Feb of this year:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I definetly see him playing a x-man. He has that look of a young/sexy/cool superhero. But no as 70's Scott. They could have used Tim Pocock in that case, since that would keep continuity and would look younger.

But in any case, Im intrigued.
wouldn't Scott only be like 9-10 at the most, in 1973 (and that's if your keeping with xo:w version of him, an assuming that the climax is set in 79 which most people seem to believe)

so, even Pocock would be to old for the role, and he was 4-5 years younger in xo:w then he is now

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #466
Angamb
Banned User

exactly. That has been my point since yesterday.

But some fans seem to feel its right to sign a 27 years old actor to play Scott on 1973.

If they will be fine with that, fine, I guess, lol

Old 06-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #467
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

If Bryan Singer wants to totally Ignore Origins version of Cyclops and wants to say X-Men trilogy took place In mid 1990's than a 16 year old Cyclops In 1973 could work.

Some are stresting too much on Josh Helman's real age.That means nothing.Older actors often play younger characters.James Marsden Is younger than both Halle Berry and Famke Janssen yet It's commonly accepted Cyclops being same age as them.

Joss Helman could be playing younger stryker or a brotherhood member.Cyclops Isn't the only possable role for him to play.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #468
Angamb
Banned User

even if X1 was on mid 90's, and Scott is 16 years old on DOFP, he would have 36 years old on X1, and we already know that wasnt the case.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #469
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Maybe he's playing cable? Then again...I don't think cable is in this...

DarknessOfDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:07 AM   #470
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
even if X1 was on mid 90's, and Scott is 16 years old on DOFP, he would have 36 years old on X1, and we already know that wasnt the case.
Cyclops Is suspose to around the same age as jean and Storm In trilogy no matter what age of James Marsden was.Let's go a different way.Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen were in early 60's when making the first X-Men.If trilogy was sent in early 2000's as some assume then due to first class having them In mid to late 20's In 1962 they would be In their 70's and If future scenes were given a 2010's timeframe they In early 70's now would be playing Xavier and Magneto In their 80's.

Bottomline using actor's ages Is not a good indication of how old a character Is suspose to be.

And no gurante Josh Helman Is playing Cyclops

Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 PM   #471
Mr.M
Side-Kick

The only other thing I can think of, is if there is a scene in the 80's or 90's where Scott meets then Logan, and it sort of sets up the events to come in the OT or whatever alternate timeline. So maybe they are using this as the scene as opposed to getting Marsden and Famke back for some corrected timeline scene. I personally think this guy is not playing a major character in the mythos all together.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #472
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Josh Helman's role It appears strongly Is for 1973 part of film.Beyond that anything goes
to who he Is playing.Remember few thought of Boliver trask when Peter Dinklage was cast or warpath for Booboo stewart.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #473
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I really don't want to see Cyclops in the movie. Forget about the Cyclops that we saw in Origins but my God! Josh Helman is his late 20s and I just don't buy it if he's supposed to be the younger version of Cyclops! Cyclops looked like he was his in late 20s in X1!

And again this would lead to more debate if it happens.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #474
Angamb
Banned User

I just want to read "Wanda" on an upcoming Singer tweet.

If he does it, I would be really happy.

I could even accept a 70's x-men consisting on just Beast and Wolverine, if Singer includes the Maximoff. That would be so special to me. 14 years after first movie, we finally would see them on the big screen, and where they belong.

But Im afraid he wont please Wanda fans with this movie

Old 06-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #475
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope they don't include Scarlet Witch in this movie.