The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-26-2013, 10:47 PM   #476
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

70's team needs female characters, like rrrreally bad.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #477
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 2

70s team needs a team.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:49 PM   #478
JP
To me

We know nothing about the plot, really, so we can't say what it needs.

JP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:53 PM   #479
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
70s team needs a team.
Instead of having a team, they could just let the other modern day X-Men to join the action and the mission. It would mean more screentime, more role and more importance to them. Plus they don't have to introduce a new character that might not get enough character development. So instead of having a new female X-Men like Dazzler or Polaris or a new X-Men member in the 70s that we haven't seen before, why not just use Shadowcat, Rogue, Storm, Iceman or Bishop. Plus it would be interesting to see them interact with the younger version of Beast/Prof X/Magneto/Mystique.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-26-2013 at 10:56 PM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #480
Eros
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
We know nothing about the plot, really, so we can't say what it needs.
WE can say the 70s team according to casting reports and photos so far consists of Xavier and Beast.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #481
JP
To me

And yet we don't know that... and we don't know what Xavier and Beast are up to. So, we can't really say it *needs* anything.

Old 06-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #482
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

The amount of conclusion-jumping going on in this thread...

Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #483
JP
To me

It's been conclusion jumping since Day 1.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #484
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Don't I know it...

"Yeah, they're going to clear up ALL the continuity issues, and they're going to it this way and this way and THIS WAY...."

ORLY?

Old 06-27-2013, 01:10 AM   #485
JP
To me

And this character is doing this, which isn't fair to that character who is doing that!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:35 AM   #486
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Go online and you will see plenty of people make comments about being too
many characters In films.So I don't see obsession with some on board that
they have to add several more for 1973 part of film

For future scenes you have 8 returning characters plus they are adding
Bishop,Warpath,Blink,and Sunspot.

For 1973 part of film you have Xavier,Beast,Magneto,and Mystique.Wolverine
Is likely timetraveler.They are Introducing Quicksilver.There Is Trask.SOmerole
by Nixon.Whoever Josh Helman Is playing.Lucas Till was spotted on set.There Is possibilty of Havok making somekind of appearance.Unlike with Nightcrawler noone has steped forward to say Havok's not in film.

Crew credits over at the Internet movie database has listing of Stryker stunt bobyguard so If Josh Helman Isn't playing a younger version of William Stryker
eather someone else Is or Stryker's father Is In this film.

Some act like the future scenes are Ilrelvent to film.and Noone knows why the 1973 characters are picked.If X-Men In 1973 turn out to be only Xavier,Beast with help by wolverine there probally Is a reason.Just like the brotherhood may only be Magneto,Mystique,and Quicksilver.

Bryan Singer dropping so many first Class characters and having both rogue and Kitty In film Is sign hard to predict what Bryan Singer Is planning.Wolverine as time traveler wasn't despite the somewhat antiwolverine people on board

Old 06-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #487
Mr.M
Side-Kick

What's wrong with some 3v3 action? I still think that makes for some interesting action seeing Beast and Wolverine tear **** up against the more finesse contrast of QS and Mystique. Plus pre-adamantium Wolverine and Beast would still be formidable vs Magneto, who together took Eric out in TLS. It's going to be very character driven in the 70's like Singer always has it so I don't mind if the action is kind of light. I think we need one major action sequence in the future and be done with it. Swap the brains and we'll be on our way. I view the future scenes as a throw back to classic comicbook X-Men. You can't have that throughout the film. It doesn't fit this universe.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:34 PM   #488
Angamb
Banned User

Update:

Feels like the Star Wars of the X-Men franchise Love it.
The X-Men universe is Huge, so this sequel is just doing its job.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #489
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Update:

Feels like the Star Wars of the X-Men franchise Love it.
The X-Men universe is Huge, so this sequel is just doing its job.
Adan Canto confirmed he was Sunspot on his twitter, and Dinklage is obviously Trask but whatevs.

Mulholland-Jr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 01:40 PM   #490
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Adan Canto has revealed he's playing sunspot so that should be added.

Personally I would change shadowcat to Kitty Pryde since it's looking doudtful her code name will be used In film yet again.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #491
Angamb
Banned User

until official confirmation from Singer, Fox or producers, I preffer to keep them unrevealed.

I like an official approach, you know :P

Old 06-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #492
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Technically the whole bottom row should be unrevealed then.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #493
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, but since Singer confirmed those 3 mutants, its kind of obvious lol

Old 06-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #494
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

He confirmed Trask too though.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #495
Angamb
Banned User

Trask industries yes, Bolivar Trask actor not

Old 06-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #496
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

But... mustache.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #497
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Boys:14

Girls: only 5

Alison Blaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:31 PM   #498
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Women be shoppin'.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #499
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
What's wrong with some 3v3 action? I still think that makes for some interesting action seeing Beast and Wolverine tear **** up against the more finesse contrast of QS and Mystique. Plus pre-adamantium Wolverine and Beast would still be formidable vs Magneto, who together took Eric out in TLS. It's going to be very character driven in the 70's like Singer always has it so I don't mind if the action is kind of light. I think we need one major action sequence in the future and be done with it. Swap the brains and we'll be on our way. I view the future scenes as a throw back to classic comicbook X-Men. You can't have that throughout the film. It doesn't fit this universe.
But you see the whole novelty of the Days of Future Past comic is that these characters have vastly changed in this apocalyptic future and their struggle to survive was the whole selling point of the story otherwise it's just another X-Men vs Brotherhood scenario. We need to be emotionally invested in the future characters for the story to work. We need to feel for them and we need to fully appreciate the kind of life they're living. The comics focused especially on Kitty and Storm. Kitty was the new recruit in the past and this mature badass in the future. Storm was the new leader of the X-Men and struggled in that area and we see her in the future as this grown up woman prepared to do morally ambiguous things like kill. If the future aspect of this film is nothing but a throw away then the whole purpose of Days of Future Past and what made it so popular that it is being adapted now thirty years later is lost.

Plus the X-Men are fighting sentinels something never before seen in an X-Men film as opposed to just the X-Men vs Magneto and his goons for the third time.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #500
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
70's team needs female characters, like rrrreally bad.
Hell yeah they do, the ratio is way too uneven if thats it. The X girls pretty much run the show in the comics.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote