The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #301
4NutzinYoface
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 2

I want to army build General Zod so badly!! Just have Superman square off against an army of Kryptonian warriors!!!

Old 06-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #302
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homervader View Post
I was very fortunate on Saturday night. I walked into my local Walmart after work and found three sets of the new Movie Masters. Armored Zod (loads of them ) and three Faora's!!! I picked up two of each and left one Faora there. This was the only store in my area that had them. I checked three other Walmart stores and ToysRUs and Target and there was nothing to be found.

Writing from Salt Lake City
lucky SOB, I am still looking for Jor-El

Old 06-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #303
meck
Side-Kick

Went again to the Walmart were I got shackled Zod, and no armored Zod or Faora, very frustrating.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:24 PM   #304
Scarface5
Side-Kick

Went to a Walmart 20 minutes from my house last night on tip from a forum member on another board that they had butt loads of Armored Zods and sure enough was able to snag 2 Faoras and 2 Zods for my bro and me. Now just have to find Superman with Key and Shackled Zod and I'm all done with these.

BTW, I have and extra Jor-El if anyone is looking for one. Gladly trade it for Superman with Key or Shackled Zod!

Tony: "The world chico....and everything in it!"

Al Pacino-Scarface
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #305
AdamJensen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface5 View Post
Went to a Walmart 20 minutes from my house last night on tip from a forum member on another board that they had butt loads of Armored Zods and sure enough was able to snag 2 Faoras and 2 Zods for my bro and me. Now just have to find Superman with Key and Shackled Zod and I'm all done with these.

BTW, I have and extra Jor-El if anyone is looking for one. Gladly trade it for Superman with Key or Shackled Zod!
and where are you from?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:29 PM   #306
Scarface5
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJensen View Post
and where are you from?
Connecticut, don't think that will help you in Cali though.

Tony: "The world chico....and everything in it!"

Al Pacino-Scarface
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #307
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Still nothing new in NC. The only Walmart near me that carries Movie Masters put up a whole slew of Wave 1 Supermen. Another Walmart has the endcap up, but still no Movie Masters. So very sad am I.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #308
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
Still nothing new in NC. The only Walmart near me that carries Movie Masters put up a whole slew of Wave 1 Supermen. Another Walmart has the endcap up, but still no Movie Masters. So very sad am I.
Yep, I've been finding either no Movie Masters at all or either just one Zod or Superman hanging on the peg. I've been checking every day at several stores, but no luck. Seems like we usually get the waves after everyone else has found them for a few weeks. Probably start popping up at the end of next week.

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #309
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis_Man View Post
Yep, I've been finding either no Movie Masters at all or either just one Zod or Superman hanging on the peg. I've been checking every day at several stores, but no luck. Seems like we usually get the waves after everyone else has found them for a few weeks. Probably start popping up at the end of next week.
That wouldn't be too bad considering I'll have just gotten paid and will really want to buy something Man of Steel after seeing the movie.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 PM   #310
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

If I can remember correctly, when people were finding John Blake and Ra's al Ghul TDKR movie masters and posting them online, I finally saw them about 2 1/2 weeks after everyone else had one. So that's my hope at least, I will push a kid out of my way if I see that Armored Zod finally hanging on a peg.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #311
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
If I can remember correctly, when people were finding John Blake and Ra's al Ghul TDKR movie masters and posting them online, I finally saw them about 2 1/2 weeks after everyone else had one. So that's my hope at least, I will push a kid out of my way if I see that Armored Zod finally hanging on a peg.
Ahahaha, I nearly pushed over someone's cart when I found Ra's not long after Christmas. Like I said earlier, MMs are just warming the pegs around here

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630

Last edited by sabetoonth; 06-04-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #312
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
Ahahaha, I nearly pushed over someone's cart when I found Ra's not long after Christmas. Like I aid earlier, MMs are just warming the pegs around here
Haha, the search for the TDKR figures were a little nuts. One morning before work I went into Wal-Mart and it was around 6:45 am, so not many people and pretty quiet in the store. There was an employee putting stuff out at the very far end of the isle and I walked up and saw John Blake sitting right there in the front of all the movie masters. I yelled a curse kind of loud and the woman looked over at me and I just smiled back. It was aggravating, but a lot of fun searching for those.

I hope these don't end up being like that. Hopefully everyone can end up finding the figures they want without trouble. I am hoping we aren't seeing many in my area from fans and kids getting them rather than scalpers which happens a lot.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #313
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Haha, the search for the TDKR figures were a little nuts. One morning before work I went into Wal-Mart and it was around 6:45 am, so not many people and pretty quiet in the store. There was an employee putting stuff out at the very far end of the isle and I walked up and saw John Blake sitting right there in the front of all the movie masters. I yelled a curse kind of loud and the woman looked over at me and I just smiled back. It was aggravating, but a lot of fun searching for those.

I hope these don't end up being like that. Hopefully everyone can end up finding the figures they want without trouble. I am hoping we aren't seeing many in my area from fans and kids getting them rather than scalpers which happens a lot.
Yea, MMs were hard to get around here for TDK/R and GL, I only got Hal of the GL set, and I got all the TDK/R ones I wanted(with a little help from fellow hypsters with Bane and Two Face) The MOS line has been surprisingly easy

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #314
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I don't know guys, thinking about taking a ride out to my closest Wal-Mart. I'm eager to see, but don't want to make the drive and come back empty handed. Decisions, decisions....

Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #315
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Got Blake and Ras on Amazon for retail, but ended up finding both randomly at a Walmart in TRU. For those there was the extra bonus of getting a Batsignal together. Too bad they didn't do it for these figs. Namek CnC?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #316
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
Got Blake and Ras on Amazon for retail, but ended up finding both randomly at a Walmart in TRU. For those there was the extra bonus of getting a Batsignal together. Too bad they didn't do it for these figs. Namek CnC?
Yeah I am a little upset that they didn't include some kind of CnC for this series and even more variety to be honest. Superman with the key is the exact same figure and Zod in shackles is basically the same as the first wave Zod. There should be a Lois and I'd even argue one of the Kryptonian council members with their customary dress that we've seen in the official movie guide. The Namek idea is great, just don't understand why they shortchanged us on these.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #317
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I don't know guys, thinking about taking a ride out to my closest Wal-Mart. I'm eager to see, but don't want to make the drive and come back empty handed. Decisions, decisions....
It always takes an extra amount of will to get myself up and going when I'm pretty sure there is nothing new. It definitely pays off when you find something though. If I go and there is nothing I'm looking for I will usually try to pick something up though, a Blu-ray or some candy, just anything that isn't too pricey.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #318
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Lately, I just wait for an excuse to go. Today was dog food. Yesterday was groceries. I'll figure out something for tomorrow.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #319
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Good call. I do the excuse thing, too. "Honey, you said you needed that big thing of olive oil, right?" "Yes, but it can wait, we're...." "Sweet, off to Wal-Mart, catchya'll later..."

Old 06-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #320
SuperJediHero
Mind BLOWN!!!

Who is gonna dress up as Superman for the Wal-Mart premiere? I might order the costume from Rubies tomorrow, and hope it comes before next Wed

How cheap can I get it for?

Old 06-05-2013, 12:47 AM   #321
Krypt0nite

If I can find the Fortress Key in time, I'll probably wear it to the premiere.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 AM   #322
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krypt0nite View Post
If I can find the Fortress Key in time, I'll probably wear it to the premiere.
if you find it let me know where...I want it myself!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-05-2013, 08:35 AM   #323
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Is it still possible to get tickets for the Walmart screening at this point?

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:38 AM   #324
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight08 View Post
Is it still possible to get tickets for the Walmart screening at this point?
I honestly doubt it's too late. Call up there and ask the electronics personnel if there are any left.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 06-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #325
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJediHero View Post
Who is gonna dress up as Superman for the Wal-Mart premiere? I might order the costume from Rubies tomorrow, and hope it comes before next Wed

How cheap can I get it for?
I'd love to, but the body isn't quite what it used to be. There's a Supes outfit in my closet right now that I put together in excitement for Superman Returns. Had a blast going to that midnight showing with others in costume.

Have we seen any pics of the expensive MOS costume they're putting together? I forget what it's called. Meanwhile, I've been eyeing some nice New 52 outfits and it has prompted me to work out again. As much as I bench press, though, I'll always have more of a Spider-man frame than a Superman one. Who cares, though, right?

Closed Thread