The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 09:09 PM   #826
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 2

Wow! I know those will be pricey, but I want one. Don't even have a bike, but it'd be sweet to wear around.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #827
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrobot View Post
UD Replicas - Universal Designs Ltd.

Man of Steel: Superman Leather Biker Jacket.
Prototype - Pending Licensor approval.

KRYPTON VERSIONS:

This is way too cool!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #828
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
This is way too cool!!!
wow amazing!!!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:49 PM   #829
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus_Darko View Post
(Goes immediately to check the symbol on his Supes figure), mine's cool, without any problems, thank God. I've been looking at pictures and reviews, and I see all of them kinda weird, maybe's just me, something to do with it having blue, black and white on the eyes. You're totally right, my MM Bane has a green splotch on the vest, so I guess these are the same people.

lol yeah it seems like the same crooked bunch of painters. Quality Control has always been a problem with Mattel going back to the first wave of DC Universe figures.

They have done a solid job recently but for some reason, they still can't color in the lines for some figures lol.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #830
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
And Faora! Also hope they do a Black suit Superman.

Yes! Faora would be fantastic with her earth breather and dagger. And would also like to see the shackles included with Faora and Zod.

I would love a black suit Supes to go with Zod. Keeping my fingers crossed that Hot Toys is listening or reading our posts lol.

Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #831
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis_Man View Post
Well, Jor-El looks amazing. I'm glad Sideshow offers those payment plans. All this Man of Steel merchandise is running my bank account dry!

Lol thats exactly how i felt with all of the Dark Knight Merch they released. Hot Toys literally took my wallet and just had their way with it lol.

I'm sure they will come out with a DX Supes figure. Or at least i hope they do as i also was disappointed with the final body structure out come. I love the face/head/neck sculpt but the body is just off.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:46 AM   #832
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL82 View Post
Yes! Faora would be fantastic with her earth breather and dagger. And would also like to see the shackles included with Faora and Zod.

I would love a black suit Supes to go with Zod. Keeping my fingers crossed that Hot Toys is listening or reading our posts lol.
A black suit Superman with a stand made out of skulls. Like the DC Collectibles statue.

Old 07-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #833
Metropolis_Man
Collectin' ain't easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-EL82 View Post
Lol thats exactly how i felt with all of the Dark Knight Merch they released. Hot Toys literally took my wallet and just had their way with it lol.

I'm sure they will come out with a DX Supes figure. Or at least i hope they do as i also was disappointed with the final body structure out come. I love the face/head/neck sculpt but the body is just off.
I wanted that SWAT team Gordon so bad last year, I just wasn't in the position at the time to afford it. Luckily I'm a little better off this year and can grab some of the Superman stuff.

That Superman Hot Toys is a little beefy but I still went ahead and grabbed him. I'm hopeful for a DX version as well, I'd have to fork over the money for that.

I really hope they give us a Armored Zod that looks amazing. Maybe removable armor at that!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:38 AM   #834
Tra-El
Side-Kick

My weekend haul. Got the 2 collectible figurines at the check-out line at Barnes & Noble (glowing shard of Kryptonite and a miniature figurine) and found the Man Of Steel novelization at Wal-Mart for $1.00 off its retail price. Can't wait to read it and garner some more detailed information and what not

Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 PM   #835
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis_Man View Post
I wanted that SWAT team Gordon so bad last year, I just wasn't in the position at the time to afford it. Luckily I'm a little better off this year and can grab some of the Superman stuff.

That Superman Hot Toys is a little beefy but I still went ahead and grabbed him. I'm hopeful for a DX version as well, I'd have to fork over the money for that.

I really hope they give us a Armored Zod that looks amazing. Maybe removable armor at that!

Yes I also wanted the SWAT Gordon as well and was just to late on the pre-order as it sold out extremely fast.

I agree with you as well and hope we get an Armor Zod with removable armor would be amazing!

Old 07-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #836
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
My weekend haul. Got the 2 collectible figurines at the check-out line at Barnes & Noble (glowing shard of Kryptonite and a miniature figurine) and found the Man Of Steel novelization at Wal-Mart for $1.00 off its retail price. Can't wait to read it and garner some more detailed information and what not

Nice haul Tra-El! I snagged the Novelization a few weeks ago as well at Target i believe but haven't dug into it.

Those collectible figurines are cool as well.

Old 07-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #837
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

If anyone still needs the Movie Master Armor Zod figure, walmart has had it in stock for over a week now. Below is the link.

They also had Faora in stock about a week ago and i snagged 2 before they sold out again.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Movie-Mast...igure/24074262

Old 07-09-2013, 02:14 AM   #838
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

So a guy did a custom black suit superman and sold it on eBay which inspired me to buy the stuff and make my own. As soon as I got home with the stuff and back online, a user on here had posted the link for shopmattels version haha. I still went ahead and did my own though

Old 07-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #839
zim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I love the strong neck and face. It's a fantastic job. But the body... My hype was hurt when I saw this. It's just a let down for me. The body is way off accurately. He just looks fat. I do appreciate they were going for size and didn't make him all weirdly thin but they just went too far in the opposite direction. The airbrushed muscles on the suit look ridiculous and not what I expected from Hot Toys. I saved money for this for two years totally confident that it was going to be the best Superman figure ever. It's the main reason I started this thread.

I agree with your comments and feel the same way. This is a Hot Toys MOS Superman MMS not DX release so no PERS or swapable facial expressions or an extra head with laser sight. I think this wil be like when they first release TDK joker/batman they were a basic MMS release then they did several DX with improvements. Might have to wait a long time or another movie before we see it though.

[IMPORTANT: Hot Toys MOS Superman Course Correction]

However, for anyone who has preordered or is contemplating getting it, please be loud and voice your opinion to Hot toys here by filling out the inquiry form. They will change course if enough people complain:

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

Be sure to copy your note and send it 3 times (from the drop down): one to customer service, one to Business Opportunity and lastly Media. The Shield's comments are exactly what should be emailed to them, a fantastic summary of what is wrong and how it makes you feel.

Old 07-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #840
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post

What's the size of the figurines? 3.5"?

Old 07-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #841
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
What's the size of the figurines? 3.5"?
I'd say the Superman figurine is about 3" and the shard of Kryptonite is about 3.5" or so....no exact dimensions on the box.

Last edited by Tra-El; 07-10-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #842
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

for the 1st time since may...Wal-Mart in town put out several cases of Movie Masters. but not Superman with Key,or Zod in Shackles,no. this appeared to be a brand new case assortment.on the pegs were about 6 or 7 regular Superman's,about 4 Jor-El's, 3 or 4 Faora's and about 5 or 6 of THIS guy:

so,the Black Suit Superman IS indeed hitting retail now!

Old 07-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #843
Tra-El
Side-Kick

:0 :0 :0

Old 07-12-2013, 05:56 PM   #844
jab1023

Everyone,

I'm not worried about the MOS HT Superman at all. I own 8 HT figs, and they are notorious for releasing underwhelming proto photos. Speculation is that they simply used the T-800 body on the proto, which is why he looks too bulky. They will fix it. With Bane, the proto pics made him look too small. Everyone freaked out. They had fixed it by release however and it's a great figure.

When they did Reeve Supes, the proto had eyes that looked a little crossed. Everyone freaked out. HT fixed it and it's the best figure I own to date.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #845
The Gigs
Side-Kick

Does anybody need a Supes with key? I have one, good box condition (slight box wear on one of the sides).

Drop me a PM if you're interested!

Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #846
Kal-EL82
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1974 View Post
for the 1st time since may...Wal-Mart in town put out several cases of Movie Masters. but not Superman with Key,or Zod in Shackles,no. this appeared to be a brand new case assortment.on the pegs were about 6 or 7 regular Superman's,about 4 Jor-El's, 3 or 4 Faora's and about 5 or 6 of THIS guy:

so,the Black Suit Superman IS indeed hitting retail now!

Awesome!!! I ordered my x3 off of Mattelshop.com a few weeks back.

I'm actually shocked that these are hitting retail as I figured the MOS MM's had run their course.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #847
Krumm
Beer Snob

What's up with Noble Collection?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:09 PM   #848
JOE

If they can make a leather jacket look that cool, there's no way they can't make a costume with that material.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #849
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

anyone wanna trade a Armored Zod for a Command Key Supes?

Old 07-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #850
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman is an incredible book. picked it up today along with The Dark Knight Manual, over 50% off at B&N