The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 12-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #401
The Villain
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

Finally read The Gentleman's background status lastnight & thought his envolvement made for an interesting overall plot. Webb has clearly done a good bit of research into various stories that have involved Sinister Six & this route with Gentleman has potential.

The only character in his Sinister Six I'm not familiar with is Pity. Go check out The Gentleman's (Gustaf Fiers's) profile. It has quite gripping possible plot details & he seems indeed a very dangerous person to cross swords with.

His 6 would be my pick.

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #402
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I don't want to see the Lizard again, but I would like to see a return of Dr. Connors. In the comic books, he always helped Spider-Man out whenever he was in trouble. It would be cool if he became his mentor, and if we got to see his wife and kids.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #403
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Finally read The Gentleman's background status lastnight & thought his envolvement made for an interesting overall plot. Webb has clearly done a good bit of research into various stories that have involved Sinister Six & this route with Gentleman has potential.

The only character in his Sinister Six I'm not familiar with is Pity. Go check out The Gentleman's (Gustaf Fiers's) profile. It has quite gripping possible plot details & he seems indeed a very dangerous person to cross swords with.

His 6 would be my pick.
Thumbs up for the Gentleman.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 12-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #404
FVD
Jolly Loves You

If only they could find a way to introduce Sandman, Mysterio and Kraven in there (sigh)! And I'd rather Doc Ock lead the S6, not Gobby. Hopefully Webb & Co. will find a way....

Old 12-10-2013, 11:41 AM   #405
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So my Sinister Six concept is becoming more and more likely. One good thing is that Doc Ock is looking likely based on the below Trailer pic!

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #406
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

The thing is, unless DocOck is being hired by those at Oscorp to formulate a team, to remove their problem in Spiderman, I don't see the motivation for Ock to want to go after Spidey. Unless he discover that the son of his former colleague is Spidey, and is ruining his own research, and maybe connecting/exposing Otto as a co-contributor to Oscorp's unethical practices.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #407
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I guess it really comes down to who the guy is in the bowler hat in the above pic...

Sure looks like the same guy as the "man in the shadows" from the post-credits scene after Amazing Spider-man.

I've always speculated that that was Osborn, so it would make sense. Simply put, Doc Ock's motivation would be power. Osborn can give it to him. Would be fun to meet an Engineer from Oscorp named Otto during ASM2, wouldn't it?

Just not very happy about the reveal of Harry as Hobgoblin in TASM2, which means he'll probably be the one to kill Gwen.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #408
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Hmmm... could Michael Massee pass off for a Mysterio like figure?!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:38 AM   #409
Picard Sisko

What if Doc Ock betrays the man in the shadows and then becomes the "master planner?"

Old 12-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #410
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Wouldn't make a lot of sense to go through all of this "man in the shadows" stuff just to have that person betrayed by someone who has yet to be introduced so that he can be the "master planner".

I think one thing is for sure... whoever the "man in the shadows" is will be the one that forms the Sinister Six for movie 3 or 4 (or both)...

So, we're still at the question of who is the man in the shadows?

Let's go through them again...

Mysterio: That just doesn't make sense. As much as people would like to see Mysterio, he isn't the guy pulling all the strings. He'd be a good member of the S6, but not the leader. So nope...

Vulture: Again, the Vulture has always been a good member of the S6, but never the leader or guy behind the scenes. The mechanical wings look great, and supports him being on team S6, but not the man in the shadows...

Doc Ock: Yes Doc Ock has been the leader of the S6 and many of us would like to see that. But the problem is that he's not this guy in the shadows. Could he end up being a field leader? Yes, quite possibly, but he won't be the man in the shadows. In fact, the guy in shadows wearing the hat being shown walking by Vulture's wings and Ock's arms, indicates that he's neither of these characters...

Green Goblin: Makes the most sense. We heard the Man in Shadows speak and he sounded sickly, and even "goblinly". But we also know that Norman will be shown in TASM2 as bedridden. The fact that this scene is being speculated as another post credits scene seems to support that whomever is the Man in Shadows won't be revealed during TASM2. Could Norman be pretending to be bedridden? Maybe, but for what purpose? If you were Norman, took the serum and is now "better", why pretend otherwise? Still, the Man in Shadows is obviously the master planner and affiliated with Oscorp...

Alistaire Smythe: Possible. Fits the idea of a rivalry between Connors (biology) and Smythe (robotics). Smythe's biggest boon came when Connors turned into the Lizard and was dismissed from Oscorp. But Alistaire is a bit too young to be the Man in Shadows...

Spencer Smythe: The age would be right, but not the story. This would be about the Spider-Slayers, and that just seems unlikely as we appear to be heading towards the Sinister Six and once there Spider-Slayers would be a big yawn...

The Gentleman: The age fits... An ultra-wealthy businessman fits... Has used the Sinister Six as pawns fits... Has access to advanced technology and equipoment fits... The only problem I see with this is there wouldn't be enough time to develop his story. TASM2 will be about Rhino (a little) and Electro (a lot) and Harry/Norman. Likely Gwen will die at the end, setting up movie #3. There is almost no way to deal with Electro, Rhino, have Gwen die, and take down the Hobgoblin all in one movie. So movie 3 will be about Peter enacting revenge for Gwen's death and taking down Harry and setting up movie #4, which would be the Sinister Six. And with so many villains there won't be time to flesh out The Gentleman's story.

So the best options are the Gentleman and somehow fitting all of that into two more movies, or just sticking to one theme, which is Osborn being the mastermind.

Now we'll be led to believe one thing, but ultimately I think it will end up just being Norman.

We'll see...

Old 12-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #411
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Doh Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
That's what I'm worried about. The mask would likely look much better and would allow Norman's character to still be usable. Also the mask would allow for there to be a twist or a reveal for the general audience.

But the fact that the mask was already done, even though it was more of a stupid helmet than a mask ("those eyes, those horrible yellow eyes!"), means that Webb is likely leaning towards Ultimate. Just like he did apparently with Electro and MJ (assumed). At the same time I think Rhino won't be ultimate because it will likely be a serum.

In fact, this whole series seems to be all about this serum and all of the baddies seem to be because of it. Maybe Electro won't be, but we'll see. I'm really hoping that he's not some electric eel cross species thingee... But Rhino, I could see a cross species serum that causes him to grow thick skin, muscle mass, etc. Just please, no growing of a horn!
Just can't believe that my somewhat joking speculation of Electro being some cross-species Electric Eel concept turned out to be somewhat correct!

Old 12-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #412
Picard Sisko

I thought we found out long ago that Electro would get his powers from electric eels?

Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #413
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I made a joke of it many, many months ago, but I don't think there has been any validation until the recent trailer.

The only thing close we had previously was a set picture of the tank (that we now know housed the eels) with the glass walls busted out. At first it was thought that this was where Norman would go through his transformation, sinmilar to what we saw in spiderman 1, but then when we found out it was Electro as the main villain the use of the tank being for eels became more speculated...

Old 03-06-2014, 12:27 PM   #414
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quick question about the Sinister Six...

Is it likely that Electro, who more often than not has been a staple in the Six, will be in future TASM movies as part of the S6?

I know that Jamie stated something like "Electricity never goes away", but I just can't see them bringing him back so soon, especially since there are so many other good new options for the S6.

Old 03-06-2014, 05:50 PM   #415
Zantera
Side-Kick

I think it would make sense to them to use as many villains they have already introduced as possible for Sinister Six. While I don't think The Lizard will be a part of it (he would probably help Peter instead), Electro makes sense. The more villains you have already established, the easier you will get with establishing the new ones.

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:25 PM   #416
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Actually, that's why I think the Lizard could work.

If you had members of the S6 that we knew, like Rhino or Lizard, as you say it's easier to fit them since you don't have to go into their back stories.

But if you have some of the S6 be ones that would turn on the others, it makes it even easier.

For example, if Black Cat was one of the S6, since she is hired to steal for them, and she develops a "relationship" with Spider, and then at the right time she turns on the S6 guy who has been hitting on her and/or treating her disrespectfully. Someone like Rhino. I could easily see Rhino smacking her bum, or something, and then at the right time she takes him out, says some good one liner, and then leaves. This takes care of 2 of the S6 and it's not Spidey having to beat every one.

Same if Doc Connors is swayed to be part of the S6. So many ways to do this. Threats, promise of freedom, promise of power, promise of science, etc. He comes to his senses and either helps Spiderman, maybe takes out one of the S6, or just slinks away.

Once again, good ways to get rid of multiple members of the S6.

To me, the main issue with using Electro is that he was just defeated. He is obviously going to be a huge threat in TASM2, so bringing him back to be a lesser threat is questionable. Conversely, Harry-Goblin isn't a main threat in TASM2, no matter what he causes to happen. If he gets away, as I expect he will, bringing him back to be part of the S6 in the next movie is simple and makes sense.

So, based on all of this I'm seeing the S6 as follows:

Doc Ock
Vulture
Harry-Goblin
Rhino

And two others, like Black Cat and Lizard.

If you think about it, by going with these 6 (even though most would want Mysterio, Kraven, etc.) you can pull it all off in one really good flick.

Old 03-07-2014, 02:12 PM   #417
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Quote:

For example, if Black Cat was one of the S6, since she is hired to steal for them, and she develops a "relationship" with Spider, and then at the right time she turns on the S6 guy who has been hitting on her and/or treating her disrespectfully.
The whole "female villain falls for the hero and then becomes quits the team and "good" is so cliche I hope they don't do it.

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 04:31 PM   #418
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ But it would fit for the relationship Black Cat and Spiderman have.

Yes, Catwoman did it to a degree in Rises, but she wasn't on Team Bane. She just set Batman up.

What other female villains are there that have joined with the heroes?

I don't think Mystique would count since she lost her powers and just helped the authorities, not the super heroes.

Electra wasn't really the bad guy against Daredevil. Yes, she was against him because she thought he killed her father, but she wasn't teamed up with the real bad guys.

So who am I missing. Besides Catwoman, who doesn't 100% fit the bill, who was a full born member working for the super villains who was shown the light by the Super Hero and then turned against the Super Villain(s) taking them out?

But all I know is... I want me some Black Cat!

Last edited by Super Jim; 03-11-2014 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM   #419
Spooderman
Side-Kick

^You're not going to see her in that costume on the big screen anytime soon.

I'd prefer that Black Cat be a rogue instead of working for a team. At most she has ties with underground crime, but they aren't appearing to be going with that direction in the live action films.

Here's a list, although they don't 100% fit the bill, they fit it well.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghHeelFaceTurn

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #420
Picard Sisko

Black Cat would probably have a more conservative costume in order to keep the film family friendly, but she can still have some sex appeal. Maybe on a similar level to Anne Hathaway's Catwoman.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #421
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ I agree. Yes, I personally would really like to see her wearing something like that, but I know it's not appropriate for the youngins.

But at the same time, just like with Catwoman, the character's sex appeal needs to be inherent in the role. Black Cat is sexy. She wears tight clothing that shows off her feminine attributes. She is, to a degree, overtly flirtatious and even a little innapropriate. But that is what makes her such a great character. Losing this would hurt her character.

She needs to be saying things that might be making Peter turn red under that mask. The concept of him having to give her CPR and then him pulling up and saying something like "Ok, since that was your tongue in my mouth I guess you're ok". It's fun and flirty, and that's Black Cat.

But yes, she will likely (at best) look like this:

This is really no worse than Catwoman's and if this is what we get, then I'm fully joy!

Old 04-16-2014, 12:27 PM   #422
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So, were the Sinister Six shown or alluded to at all?

Did we meet Ock, or are they doing something stupid, like making someone other that Octavius Doc Ock?

Did we see any other of the chambers? If so, what was in them?

Any indication that we will get Black Cat?

What about the symbiote?

And what's the word on the Man in the Shadows? Was it The Gentleman, or someone else?

Old 04-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #423
Roderick
Newbie First Class

Quote:
So, were the Sinister Six shown or alluded to at all?

Did we meet Ock, or are they doing something stupid, like making someone other that Octavius Doc Ock?

Did we see any other of the chambers? If so, what was in them?

Any indication that we will get Black Cat?

What about the symbiote?

And what's the word on the Man in the Shadows? Was it The Gentleman, or someone else?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The Six are alluded to a few times in the film, they're secluded in an area called Special Divisions Project or something. We see Vulture's wings, Rhino's suit, Goblin's glider/suit and Doc Ock's tentacles in the chambers throughout the film. Other than there is no allusion to Doc Ock however a character called Dr. Kafka where's glasses that are similar to the villain's glasses.

Harry has an assistant named Felicia whom is without a doubt a nod to Black Cat, she tells Harry about the SDP.

The Gentleman has been confirmed as Man in the Shadows in the credits. Also no allusion to the symbiote.

Roderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #424
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

I'm fine with the symbiote not being in the final product. I mean it sounds like from the reviews it's mentioned a lot so no biggie if we don't see it.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #425
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Making Dr. Kafka Doc Ock would be criminal!

They could have easily just had some Engineer named Octavius working in this Special Divisions Project area.

So what we still know is that there were at least 7 rooms, with some as follows:

1. Goblin Glider
2. Octopus Arms
3. Rhino Armor (Still confused about the Russian symbol!? if this is an Oscorp thing)
4. Vulture Wings

5. An apparant pic of Norman's head in a jar in one of the rooms???

So this leaves 2-3 rooms unaccounted for.

Any chance we saw the numbers for the known rooms?