The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM   #426
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Default Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

After watching Amazing 2, it seems obvious the Six will be..

Harry/Green Goblin, the leader ( he is assembling them at the end of the movie)
Doctor Octopus (who the man in the trenchcoat and hat obviously is)
The Vulture (we see his wings)
The Rhino (why else cast a great actor like Giamatti? He does nothing in Spidey 2)
The Black Cat (she has an interesting relationship with Harry in the movie)
Electro (his story is not concluded in Amazing 2)

.....with the Cat and Electro eventually turning against the others and fighting on the side of the angels.

Uncle Radiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:09 AM   #427
Super Jim
Side-Kick

You stated the identical line-up I came up with months ago, except I would swap out Electro for Lizard. And just like you indicated, I expect Black Cat and Lizard to turn on the baddies and take out one or two of the others, making Spidey's job easier and helping the story by not forcing Spidey to deal with all Six.

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:07 PM   #428
Super Jim
Side-Kick

If The Gentleman is the one to help bring the Six together, will he be the real threat behind the scenes? If so, would he be taken down in TASM3, or would his defeat be told in TASM4 or even later?

In addition, how will Norman come into play? We've been given speculation that Norman is supposed to be in TASM3, but who knows at this point.

One of my worries is that they will create the symbiote in order to bring Norman back to life, making Norman Venom. That would be really, really stupid!!!!!

To me, the fact that Goblin-Harry is still alive leaves Norman's fate up in the air.

If Harry-Goblin had died, then we'd be assured that Norman was going to come back as the next Goblin. But Harry's still around, so a second Goblin doesn't make sense.

Could they simply leave Norman dead? I guess so, but then what a waste of a good actor. Plus again, we have some dialog from Cooper indicating that he'll be back. Plus we have the whole (allegedly deleted) Norman's Head in cell #3 thing.

So, how could they bring Norman back that would make sense, and more importantly, why? What would be the end game of bringing him back?

Old 04-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #429
Super Jim
Side-Kick

It's hard for me to believe that they would bring back Electro after the majority of this movie was dedicated to him. Just seems that his story has played out and that anything they do with him from here would just be secondary.

Can't see Jamie Foxx playing a secondary character!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:38 PM   #430
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

From the SHH article:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:30 PM   #431
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Glad to see Kraven the Hunter and I think that oval-looking shape is definitely Mysterio but others are saying Chameleon so who knows....

Old 04-30-2014, 01:23 AM   #432
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Reading the SHH article made me excited about this film!

I haven't seen TASM2 but I'm curious to know why Lizard/Electro wouldn't be part of the Sinister Six. Lizard is still alive.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:36 AM   #433
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Glad to see Kraven the Hunter and I think that oval-looking shape is definitely Mysterio but others are saying Chameleon so who knows....
Its the Chameleon...he is known as "the smoke-screen". Smoke out the eye, screened bags under the eye.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 AM   #434
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Reading the SHH article made me excited about this film!

I haven't seen TASM2 but I'm curious to know why Lizard/Electro wouldn't be part of the Sinister Six. Lizard is still alive.
The producers did say that the montage is more of a tease rather than confirming the roster. So Lizard/Electro may still have a chance.

However, if Lizard gets left out it may be due to the poor reception to the character's portrayal in TASM (I'm guessing?). As for Electro, it could be from the high cost in hiring Jamie Foxx or simply to prevent further redundancy if GG is heading over to TASM3.

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:27 AM   #435
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The reason why I want Lizard/Electro to return is they would require less introduction. We don't know yet how many new villains are gonna appear in TASM3 that will also appear in Sinister Six. But if its just 1, then Sinister Six would have to introduce 3 new villains in Sinister Six and shouldn't Sinister Six supposed to be like an All-Star group of villains that Spider-Man battled before.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:04 AM   #436
Dasher10
Side-Kick

I really hope it's Mysterio and not Chameleon. Mysterio is one of my favorite villains, Chameleon is kind of not.

Dasher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:15 AM   #437
Casius--J
Web Master

Can somebody help me out here, I'm struggling with the Kraven one. I can't tell what that image is supposed to be and how it relates to Kraven...

Oh and I would prefer Mysterio over Chameleon but to me that mask screams more Chameleon than Mysterio.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #438
sauronthegreat
Side-Kick

It's definitely too soon for S6 in ASM3. And I can't see how Goblin and all other 5 villains survive for their own film.
I hope Mysterio to make appearance and be the main villain in ASM3 framing Spider-Man with Kraven coming for the hunt. Vulture may assist Kraven or have a side story like Rhino did in ASM2. Also Ock's origin would be cool to see before the S6 film.

sauronthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #439
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Can someone provide a link to the SHH article?

Old 04-30-2014, 10:51 AM   #440
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Alright, found it. Can someone explain each of these?

I assume this one is Goblin's glider?

I assume this is Vulture's wings?

Old 04-30-2014, 02:52 PM   #441
smidders
Dayman

I'm not really sure but this is what got
1. glider- goblin
2. tentacles- doc ock
3. horn- rhino
4. wings- vulture
5. the two eyes like Kravens vest.
6. not sure.

smidders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:07 PM   #442
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

It's Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Vulture, Rhino, Kraven the Hunter, and I assume Mysterio but some speculate that it's Shocker or Chameleon. To me, the last one looks more like Mysterio but the quilted pattern surrounding an eye-like orb makes me think Shocker too. And it wouldn't be hard to have Shocker in Webb's universe. Schultz could be a criminal who was given the vibro-shock gauntlets by Oscorp similar to Alexi being given the Rhino suit.

Old 04-30-2014, 05:47 PM   #443
Spooderman
Side-Kick

I think it might be Chameleon, wearing a "Mask" that uses holograms.

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:09 AM   #444
Super Jim
Side-Kick

So for most of the pics it seems like there is an agreement of which villain it represents. The one that seems to be most debatable is:

So, some are saying Mysterio and others are thinking the Cameleon, while even others are thinking Shocker.

So I do love a mystery, so let's look at these:

Mysterio is known for the eyes connectingn his cape, and the pic definitely looks like some sort of holographic eye. Though there is only one in the pic. At the same time, Ultimate Mysterio only had one eye decorative thingee at his neck (though it showed three eyes).

The Cameleon has always been drawn with the white generic face. In Webb's Spiderman universe I could easily see technology being used to give the Cameleon his powers. But once again the pic is only showing one eye and not a holographic looking face.

So, um, how exactly does that pic relate to Shocker? Shocker is also some wimpy version of Electro, so I just don't see it...

IMO, the debate is really down to Mysterio versus Cameleon, and the one main thing that I'm stuck on is the smoke in the pic, and smoke is (as well as the eye) is a Mysterio thing:

Last edited by Super Jim; 05-06-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:21 AM   #445
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
So for most of the pics it seems like there is an agreement of which villain it represents. The one that seems to be most debatable is:

So, some are saying Mysterio and others are thinking the Cameleon, while even others are thinking Shicker.

So I do love a mystery, so let's look at these:

The only reason I brought up Shocker is because if you look at the eyes of his costume--- they're like round slits and then you have the quilted pattern surrounding it. It's probably though Mysterio because he too has a pattern surrounding his fishbowl helmet and you have the smoke inside the fishbowl.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #446
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Everyone is leaving Electro out of their predictions, when he's as much a mainstay of the Sinister Six as Ock himself. Max has been in every single incarnation of the team everywhere except for TAS. I'd be very surprised if he wasn't in the cinematic line-up as well.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #447
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Well, what we know is that these 6 pics presumably indicate who will be in the S6 line-up. Most of these are pretty obvious. We know Octopus, Vulture, Rhino and Goblin based on the easter eggs and that they patch-up with four of these pics. But it's the other two we're not 100% sure on.

The problem with ELectro making the cut is that, well one, he just had a whole movie almost all to himself. Kind of a been there, done that. But I just can't see how the remaining two picks could in anyway point to Electro. I think that that is why most of us are discounting him being in the line-up.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #448
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Also, a lot of the complaints I'm seeing with critics are with Electro so Sony would be smart and save him for later or just not have him come back period. My big question is, will Kraven and Mysterio show up in Amazing Spider-Man 3 or before in the Sinister Six movie? Because it seems to me, if ASM3 is going to be Garfield's last go as Peter Parker, you kind of want to tie everything up with him facing off against Norman Osborn.

Which then to me makes me assume it'll be Harry's GG that runs the Sinister Six and not Norman. Although, essentially Harry is going after Peter because he could've not only saved his father but prevented his own transformation as well with his blood. So, having Norman die and then Harry going after Peter Parker again would feel repetitive come "ASM4" or the Sinister Six movie.

There's also the question of where does Venom fall into everything? Or the symbiote? I would HATE to see Norman become Venom over becoming Green Goblin (similar to what they did on the Ultimate Spider-Man animated series with Harry).

Old 05-01-2014, 05:31 PM   #449
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ Well, what we know is that these 6 pics presumably indicate who will be in the S6 line-up. Most of these are pretty obvious. We know Octopus, Vulture, Rhino and Goblin based on the easter eggs and that they patch-up with four of these pics. But it's the other two we're not 100% sure on.

The problem with ELectro making the cut is that, well one, he just had a whole movie almost all to himself. Kind of a been there, done that. But I just can't see how the remaining two picks could in anyway point to Electro. I think that that is why most of us are discounting him being in the line-up.
I do realize that, but is the line-up really set in stone? With the movie(s) being at least two years away and Jamie Foxx's comments on electricity never going away, how can we be 100% sure that those pics foreshadow the actual line-up we'll be getting?

I mean, the similar pics in The Avengers' credits were one thing, but here...

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 02:35 PM   #450
Prophet924
Web Thwipper

Kraven and Chameleon's involvement ties in this mysterious European backer of Oscorp's weapons development. Chameleon a super spy. Kraven one of the rich money holders who likes to get his hands dirty.

I'm most interested in how Octavius becomes involved.