The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 06-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #51
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

All right. I'm going to make it my personal goal right now to convince you Sinister Six won't be in ASM3 and why that is a good thing.

X-Men 3 was not the end for the original cast. The majority of them will return in Days of Future Past. It can be treated as a sequel to both X3 and First Class.

We have no proof Iron Man 3 is the last Iron Man film in the Iron Man series. And we already know the same Tony Stark will be returning to continue his story in Avengers 2. Especially since the last two films starring RDJ's Tony Stark each made well over $1 billion. Why would they give up on that?

Spider-Man 3 was not originally supposed to be the end. There was a fourth movie planned, but Sony saw how terrible the last installment was and decided a reboot was a better option.

So the "M.O." for superhero flicks (since the beginning with Superman 1-4) is actually not to stop at trilogies. More accurate to say that its the M.O. for every other film in hollywood. But then you can look at Alien, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, Terminator, etc.

Spider-Man 3 was awful. Why? They didn't respect the villains. Some would say there were too many of them. Venom and Sandman had to compete with each other to be the primary antagonist.

Put Sinister Six in ASM3 thats exactly what you're going to have. To make Kraven/Mysterio/Vulture seem like viable threats, they will need to compete with Green Goblin as the scary villain of the film. Who, of course, they will inevitably lose against and become little more than throwaway henchmen.

You are far better off hoping for and rooting for your ideal franchise.
TASM1-3 = Green Goblin
TASM4-6 = Doc Ock and the Sinister Six
TASM7-9 = Venom and Maximum Carnage

because yes, that would be, not only amazing, but also (assuming it is written and created with quality in mind) yield the most successful box office results for Sony.

Essentially, this is the reason Webb and Co. chose not to use Green Goblin in ASM1 and chose not to even use Green Goblin as the primary antagonist in ASM2. Because they realize the more you stretch out and ramp up the franchise the more money it will eventually be worth.

My guess? With just six films? $4.5 billion+ worldwide box office

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #52
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

I keep thinking about Marc Webb's tweet saying to "Think Bigger." So it does seem like we could be getting a Spider-Man family cinematic universe. Maybe here and there getting a Venom film, or a black cat movie. Something like that, who knows?

I wouldn't put it past them to give us a Sinister Six film at some point, just not very soon. At least not until after the third Amazing Spider-Man film. We already have the Lizard, Rhino, and Electro, and there is no doubt we are getting Green Goblin in this first trilogy, too. That's four down, two to go (assuming both Rhino and Electro survive TASM2).

A villain like Shocker wouldn't need much of a backstory either, he can just be what Hawkeye was to the Avengers. So really all we need is one or two more Spidey films AFTER The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and we could have a nice set up for a Sinister Six film (maybe the sixth one).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #53
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I keep thinking about Marc Webb's tweet saying to "Think Bigger." So it does seem like we could be getting a Spider-Man family cinematic universe. Maybe here and there getting a Venom film, or a black cat movie. Something like that, who knows?

I wouldn't put it past them to give us a Sinister Six film at some point, just not very soon. At least not until after the third Amazing Spider-Man film. We already have the Lizard, Rhino, and Electro, and there is no doubt we are getting Green Goblin in this first trilogy, too. That's four down, two to go (assuming both Rhino and Electro survive TASM2).

A villain like Shocker wouldn't need much of a backstory either, he can just be what Hawkeye was to the Avengers. So really all we need is one or two more Spidey films AFTER The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and we could have a nice set up for a Sinister Six film (maybe the sixth one).
Imagine they used Black Cat as a member of the Sinister Six. Of course by the end she turns on the other baddies and helps Spidey win the day.

This way you could cover one of the six with a character that, similar to Catwoman in Rises, ends up being a good guy...

Now we're really not that far away from the six we need, are we...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #54
Picard Sisko

I don't think they would put Black Cat in the Sinister Six, but not impossible.

We still have not found out who Felicity Jones is playing, right? I can see her being a good Felicia Hardy.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 06-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #55
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:

I keep thinking to that statement too. I don't know what he has in store. It's gonna be sad to see him go once his run is done.

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #56
Picard Sisko

Yeah I agree. Though I think he should have his trilogy, and then let someone else take over. That way the franchise never gets stale and stays fresh.

His statement has to mean SOMETHING, whatever it is! Either a Cinematic Universe, or leading up to a Sinister Six film. What are some other possibilities?

Old 06-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #57
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:
Yeah I agree. Though I think he should have his trilogy, and then let someone else take over. That way the franchise never gets stale and stays fresh.

His statement has to mean SOMETHING, whatever it is! Either a Cinematic Universe, or leading up to a Sinister Six film. What are some other possibilities?
I think the two you just said are it. A sinister six movie can be so BA if done right. Just thinking about it..whew haha

Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #58
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:

All right, I know it was a while ago, but lets clear something up.

Sean O'Connell originally Tweeted:
@MarcW Isn't Making A Sequel. He's Mapping Out A Massive Spider-Man Universe http://shar.es/Ck6up via @cinemablend

And then Marc Webb said:
Think bigger... https://twitter.com/Sean_OConnell/st...22383164727297

Retweeting O'Connell's previous statement. The way I've always read it is "Think bigger my fans. Read this tweet for a hint at my future plans"

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #59
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

A wider Spidey cinematic universe is pretty much a given at this point for two reasons:
1) Webb and Co. are doing a 'slow build', and have said so
2) Sony's not in the 'Trilogy business'; they have to keep making Spidey movies in order to avoid losing the rights, and therefore aren't going to be thinking in the short term, especially after what happened with the behind-the-scenes chaos during the production of Raimi's Spidey 4.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:59 AM   #60
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

I've conceded that it's possible that the filmmakers could be keeping the Goblin's involvement in TASM2 a secret and that they plan on bringing him in in the film's third act, but there's a significant difference between doing that and doing what seems to be the general suggestion insofar as such a scenario playing itself out, which basically amounts to 'Green Goblin swoops in out of nowhere, grabs Gwen, and kills her, ending the film cliffhanger-style), which runs the incredibly high risk of robbing her death of any poignancy whatsoever and reducing it to a 'shock and awe' moment, which is what I have a problem with and cannot see them doing.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:38 AM   #61
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
I've conceded that it's possible that the filmmakers could be keeping the Goblin's involvement in TASM2 a secret and that they plan on bringing him in in the film's third act, but there's a significant difference between doing that and doing what seems to be the general suggestion insofar as such a scenario playing itself out, which basically amounts to 'Green Goblin swoops in out of nowhere, grabs Gwen, and kills her, ending the film cliffhanger-style), which runs the incredibly high risk of robbing her death of any poignancy whatsoever and reducing it to a 'shock and awe' moment, which is what I have a problem with and cannot see them doing.
Alright, we got you to concede the possibility of Goblin being in TASM2. That's a start.

And yes, I agree that IF GG is shown it will likely be the third act.

So let me go down that road with you...

First, for Webb's GG, will it be a mask or will it be a disfigurement due to the serum?

If it is disfigurement will it be permanent or a transformation (similar to what happened to Connors/Lizard)?

Will Webb go the dual personality aspect of Osborn/GG (if he does, hopefully no talking to himself in a mirror)?

Will the glider be done, and if so, how will it be introduced?

What about pumpkin bombs, etc.?

Will Sergei be transformed by Norman or the Green Goblin (or through some other means)?

Will GG be portrayed as a maniacal psychopath (similar to Dark Night's Joker) or a good guy out of control (Similar to Lord of the Ring's Gollum)?

Will we be shown Osborn being given the serum?

Will we see his "transformation", or will the fact that he is GG be a surprise (to the general audience)?

Will Webb do something really weird, like make it seem that GG is Osborn, just to surprise us that it isn't Norman, but someone else, like Harry?

Let's go with these for now to get the discussion going...

Old 06-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #62
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

they may bring green goblin in as a very brief cameo and tease at the end, maybe to kill gwen quickly then cliffhanger or maybe just to appear to set up her death for 3rd film

it would be bad judgment for green goblin to appear in the 3rd act to battle spidey and i really don't think webb would do that as i think he is wiser the that, you have to know when to stop and save for the next film

Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
Spider-Dude23
Go web! Flyy...

Please don't let GG be ultimate

Old 06-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #64
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by noeld932 View Post
Please don't let GG be ultimate
we had the masked goblin already, just not done very well by raimi

Old 06-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #65
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
we had the masked goblin already, just not done very well by raimi
That's what I'm worried about. The mask would likely look much better and would allow Norman's character to still be usable. Also the mask would allow for there to be a twist or a reveal for the general audience.

But the fact that the mask was already done, even though it was more of a stupid helmet than a mask ("those eyes, those horrible yellow eyes!"), means that Webb is likely leaning towards Ultimate. Just like he did apparently with Electro and MJ (assumed). At the same time I think Rhino won't be ultimate because it will likely be a serum.

In fact, this whole series seems to be all about this serum and all of the baddies seem to be because of it. Maybe Electro won't be, but we'll see. I'm really hoping that he's not some electric eel cross species thingee... But Rhino, I could see a cross species serum that causes him to grow thick skin, muscle mass, etc. Just please, no growing of a horn!

Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #66
Picard Sisko

Electro is not an eel cross species, I think it is safe to assume that. The idea of Max Dillon getting his powers from electric eels comes from the Spectacular Spider-Man version, which was done really well.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #67
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

If he was cross species with electric eels would it be much different?

Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #68
Picard Sisko

Well what I meant to say was he isn't going to turn into a giant electric eel.

Old 06-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #69
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well what I meant to say was he isn't going to turn into a giant electric eel.
I don't think anyone espects Electro, if he is cross species, will transform into an eel, just that he will get his powers from that species' dna.

I am really hoping that that is not the case, but they are focusing on the forumula a lot.

I am hoping that now that we are past Connors that any cross species serum villains will be permanent transformations. So if Rhino comes from a serum it will be permanent. And when Goblin comes from the serum it will be a permanent change.

But we still have so many other questions. Here they are again:

First, for Webb's GG, will it be a mask or will it be a disfigurement due to the serum?

If it is disfigurement will it be permanent or a transformation (similar to what happened to Connors/Lizard)?

Will Webb go the dual personality aspect of Osborn/GG (if he does, hopefully no talking to himself in a mirror)?

Will Sergei be transformed by Norman or the Green Goblin (or through some other means)?

Will GG be portrayed as a maniacal psychopath (similar to Dark Night's Joker) or a good guy out of control (Similar to Lord of the Ring's Gollum)?

Will we be shown Osborn being given the serum?

Will we see his "transformation", or will the fact that he is GG be a surprise (to the general audience)?

Will Webb do something really weird, like make it seem that GG is Osborn, just to surprise us that it isn't Norman, but someone else, like Harry?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #70
Nicko-Ray
"Wanna fight? Fight me!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post

Considering we've seen the mask route in Raimi's, I'm expecting transformation. In USM Norman was able to switch back and fourth.

I think Norman should be evil from the get go just like the comics rather than a serum making him good guy turned bad.

A glider would be cool (even though we've seen it before) and weapons we'll just have to wait and see.

I personally wanna see a transformation considering we never really saw Connor's you know? I think a transformation as the goblin would be epic.

If Harry is goblin, I wouldn't mind. It would remind me of USM's hobgoblin. I like the feel in the ultimate universe that Norman isn't the only huge threat to Peter. People affiliated with Norman were real big threats as well including Harry and Doc Ock.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #71
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Well, just read this over at firstshowing.net.

"The report says Feore is playing Adrian Toomes, the alter ego of the familiar Spider-Man villain, but that's not the biggest news. Supposedly, The Vulture will end up joining forces with Rhino, Electro and Green Goblin (who they say will end up seeing some action) to begin forming The Sinister Six, which will be the force to be reckoned with in The Amazing Spider-Man 3."

Hmmmm..... now where did I read speculation of this before?

I know, I know, it's just rumor. But come on, IF (and that's a big if) the Vulture makes his way into this then you know I'm right. Brute muscle with Rhino, master mind with Green Goblin, aerial with Vulture, Electro (we'll see if he makes it through #2), and then 2 or 3 others. Chamelion and Kraven would fit well, and I'm still liking my Black Cat idea where (as a thief) she starts off working for Osborn/Goblin, but then switches over to the good side.

I know, I know, I've already spelled all this out, but I do so love when I find articles that supports my ideas, whether they will or will not end up being correct.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #72
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

I dont see Vulture working with Green Goblin, why because Toomes is enemy of Osbourne, competition in buisness. Everything depends how Toomes will be portrayed, buisnessman? and if Ravencroft is his prison where he can experiment?

I can see something like.

Osbourne is dying, Toomes is his partner searching for cure. Toomes get hand on serum from Lizard, start working on formula to get cure for Osbourne, for that he need Spiderman DNA. After Aleksei finish in prison, Toomes offer him a chance too caught up Spiderman if he will become his experiment for RHINO suit. This one agrees from revenge.
Somehow Toomes get's Spiderman DNA, he make formula and RHINO get caught up again. At the end of movie during Spiderman have fight with Electro. Norman cheat and betray Toomes, as he fake his death (Chameleon acting as Norman) thinking new formula didnt work, but on end Norman dont need Toomes anymore. Real Norman from shadows get back on his work, as he need to destroy Parker first (becacuse of past and his parents) and then Spiderman (as he represent treath to him). He become Green Goblin, using maybe Toomes tehnology. We see Toomes in suprise as someone using his tehnology and only one person who can use it as he worked with him is Norman, which bring collapse of his company. Toomes become enraged as he lost everything, money, company and become Vulture?

Something in similar manners i would like to see

Neno_Kos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 AM   #73
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

I don't see TS6 happening til after TASM3, and certainly don't see Norman leading the team. Toomes may be in this film, but as Vulture, I say not. We got our villains for this film; and, it's Electro & Rhino...possibly Chameleon unknowingly in the background.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #74
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Well, in researching Adrien Toomes, IF he is in TASM2 and/or TASM3, along with the fact that there is a set picture of the actor allegedly playing him wearing a suit in what is obviously Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane, I started to wonder how this could play into the Vulture and/or my Sinister Six concept.

First it is very interesting to note that the Vulture has been in every single incarnation of the Sinister Six, including the Sinister Twelve (we'll save the Sinister Twelve for movie #10 - just kidding). So what I'm saying is that if Toomes is in TASM2, whether shown as the Vulture, or as just a Director or doctor, or whatever at Ravencroft (or somewhere else), then this Sinister Six idea becomes even more of a possibility. Although possible to have the Sinister Six without the Vulture, it sure seems (since he's been in every one) that he is an integral member.

So, let's focus on this Ravencroft set photo. If Colm Feore is indeed Adrien Toomes then we need to ask why he's wearing a suit at Ravencroft. Obviously he's not a prisoner in that monkey suit. So if he was the director of Ravencroft, as I'm guessing he will be, then how can that play into the story of the Vulture?

Well first, the original Adrien Toomes was an electronics engineer (just like me) and had a jerk for a business partner. Toomes did the inventing and his partner, Bestman, handled the finances, and by handled I mean imbezzled. Anyway, Toomes got shut out of the business and decided to take revenge, and then turned to a life of crime using his whole wing harness suit thing.

Now none of that origin story plays into this concept of Toomes being the Director of Ravencroft. So what else is there?

Well, it was the Vulture that first let Peter realize that he could make money using his photography and his skills as Spidey. The Daily Bugle was advertising that they would pay for photos of this Vulture dude, and Peter got the shots. Maybe something like this could be used to get the whole Daily Bugle thing going, especially since he already used the camera against the Lizard. But again, this had nothing to do with Ravencroft...

Now there is one major storyline that involves the Vulture and Ravencroft. While in prison Adrien Toomes believed himself to be dying due to injuries inflicted during an incident in the prison workshop. Because of this he revealed the location of an extra Vulture outfit on the prison grounds to his cellmate, named Blackie Drago. Blackie then explained that he caused the workship "accident" in order to find this out, knocks out a guard, digs up the suit, escapes and becomes the second Vulture.

Now this exact story wouldn't work IF Colm is Toomes and is the Ravencroft Director or any other Ravencroft person who would be walking around, unguarded, wearing a suit. But, bringing Ravencroft into the story is a great way to introduce certain characters. It would allow for jail break storylines (which supports the Sinister Six), and even for a future story with Kletus Cassidy (who would just so happen be in the cell next to Eddie Brock).

But what would work is introducing Ravencroft Prison where Peter has helped to put away a few villains (maybe even Electro at the end of the film) and the Director, Adrien Toomes. A storyline (not necessarily in TASM2) where Toomes finds out about a suit that allows a person to have extra strength, flight, etc. could be included. Maybe it will be a switch where it is Blackie Drago as the original and Toomes as the next. Or maybe some prisoner (Drago or someone else) invented the suit, tells Toomes of the location, and this will lead to the Vulture. Or maybe, just maybe, some Russian thug names Sergei tried to steal a military suit with this capability, got beaten badly by Spiderman, who even went so far as to embarrass him by pulling his pants down, then either gave up the information of where the suit was hidden to the prison director, or was drugged in order to give up the information, leading the Director to finding this prototype and becoming a super villain named the Vulture.

Hmmm, I like that. Sounds like a decent storyline. Maybe Webb should use it.

Anyway, it would be interesting if Toomes is in TASM2, not necessarily as the Vulture, but as the Director of Ravencroft. If this is the case, along with Green Goblin (Osborn), Rhino, and possibly Electro; I think we have even more of a chance of the Sinister Six in TASM3.

One other question...

Could you see Webb & Co. using the Lizard again as a member of the Sinister Six, especially since the whole daddy story needs to play out?

Old 06-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #75
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
I don't think anyone espects Electro, if he is cross species, will transform into an eel, just that he will get his powers from that species' dna.

I am really hoping that that is not the case, but they are focusing on the forumula a lot.

I am hoping that now that we are past Connors that any cross species serum villains will be permanent transformations. So if Rhino comes from a serum it will be permanent. And when Goblin comes from the serum it will be a permanent change.
I think Max Dillon getting his powers from electric eels is fine, and as I said, it worked well in The Spectacular Spider-Man. Heck, its better than having a guy getting electrocuted and gaining powers from that like in the original comics.