The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 06-18-2013, 07:37 AM   #101
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Default Re: Sinister Six in ASM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
I'm an old time Spidey fan and I always thought a Kraven the Hunter story would be cool and different. I mean a guy who just wanted to hunt the ultimate target! The Vulture, Mysterio and The Shocker would also be cool. Morbeius also would be great. I'd love to see the Sinister 6, but I could also wait until they went thru some of Spidey's great rogues gallery, IMO the best villains including Batman (who's the only one close).

I'm not as familiar with Venom and Carnage, but so many Spidey fans love them I guess they're good ones.

I just want some great Spidey films. There's limitless potential

Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #102
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I've never been a fan of Venom or Carnage but if one of them showed up in ASM it better not be Carnage he's so uninteresting to me.

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #103
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ Hate the idea of Venom being in the Sinister Six. His storyline needs to be the main one. Think about all that goes into it...

- First you have Eddie Brock and the whole Daily Planet relationship. Much of one or two movies ("much" is relative) would need to be devoted to this. Who is Eddie, his personality, why he's the way he is, etc. Hopefully this time they will pick a "big guy" instead of another Peter Parker look-a-like.

- Next you have the symbiote. So many ways to go here. My assumption is that we won't see the whole Secret Wars (especially with the whole Sony/Marvel ownership thing), so will it be the meter or the attached to the space shuttle story? Would they try to work in John Jameson?

- When the symbiote and Parker combine, this dynamic needs to be explored. The way they did it in SM3 was beyond stupid. Having Parker on the phone, acting like a jerk, falling asleep standing up was really bad. To me this should be not the main story on one picture, but what is going on besides the main story/villain arc. This way the symbiote could be defeated in the second movie, which then leads to venom.

- And then, of course, you have Carnage. To say Carnage is uninteresting is odd to me. He's the most maniacal villain Spiderman ever had to deal with. He killed innocents without remorse and aligned himself with numerous villains making Spidey's job tough. This story would be crazy good!

To me, the whole Symbitoe/Venom/Carnage story would need it's own three ovies to do right...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #104
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

No Sinister Six is complete without Doc Ock as the leader. It's like Justice League without Superman, or The Avengers without Cap.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #105
Super Jim
Side-Kick

^ I agree in that it all depends on when it is done.

Option #1: Do it in TASM3 - Green Goblin is the leader - no Doc Ock.

Option #2: Do it after TASM3 - Doc Ock needs to be the leader.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #106
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
^ Hate the idea of Venom being in the Sinister Six. His storyline needs to be the main one. Think about all that goes into it...

- First you have Eddie Brock and the whole Daily Planet relationship. Much of one or two movies ("much" is relative) would need to be devoted to this. Who is Eddie, his personality, why he's the way he is, etc. Hopefully this time they will pick a "big guy" instead of another Peter Parker look-a-like.

- Next you have the symbiote. So many ways to go here. My assumption is that we won't see the whole Secret Wars (especially with the whole Sony/Marvel ownership thing), so will it be the meter or the attached to the space shuttle story? Would they try to work in John Jameson?

- When the symbiote and Parker combine, this dynamic needs to be explored. The way they did it in SM3 was beyond stupid. Having Parker on the phone, acting like a jerk, falling asleep standing up was really bad. To me this should be not the main story on one picture, but what is going on besides the main story/villain arc. This way the symbiote could be defeated in the second movie, which then leads to venom.

- And then, of course, you have Carnage. To say Carnage is uninteresting is odd to me. He's the most maniacal villain Spiderman ever had to deal with. He killed innocents without remorse and aligned himself with numerous villains making Spidey's job tough. This story would be crazy good!

To me, the whole Symbitoe/Venom/Carnage story would need it's own three ovies to do right...
Man of Steel crossover?

Edit: Doc Ock NEEDS to be the leader. 'Nuff Said!

Norrin Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 09:41 PM   #107
amazingly atiba
Lets go catch a spider

i think most would say it should be done after tasm let the characters develop as far as vultue and mysterio n them

amazingly atiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #108
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

If Webb does TS6, he won't do it with the GG, yet alone as leader of the team.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 AM   #109
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

^ I agree. And TASM4 minimum.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #110
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
Man of Steel crossover?

Edit: Doc Ock NEEDS to be the leader. 'Nuff Said!
Bugle, I meant Bugle...

Just saw Man of Steel. Daily Planet was stuck in my head. Sorry about that...

Old 06-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #111
Super Jim
Side-Kick

I will say, now that they have come out and verified that TASM4 will happen, maybe the Sinister Six is what they will be working towards.

Mention Norman Osborn in TASM1.

Introduce Electro and Rhino in TASM2.

Introduce Toomes in TASM2?

Introduce the Vulture and another, maybe Mysterio or Scorpion in TASM3. Possibly even Doc Ock in TASM3 to make him the main villain/leader in TASM4.

So the after credits scene of TASM3, after Spiderman has defeated the Green Goblin, could be Doc Ock breaking Rhino, Vulture, Electro and Mysterio (or whomever) out of prison setting up TASM4, which would be the Sinister Six.

Would love for Spidey to be wearing the black suit by then. Would love to see him wearing it over the course of two movies, so it's more of a background story that, of course, leads to the whole symbiote story. The Symbiote story leads to an after credit scene of Eddie Brock bonding with the Symbiote to become Venom. And the Venom story leads to an after credits scene of Carnage.

Man, Sony could keep this going for like seven movies easy and beyond.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #112
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

what i have to wonder if will webb bring black cat in to help spidey with the sinister 6 and what will happen with the lizard? its possible he will be part of the sinister 6 somehow, maybe brainwashed to kill spider-man or possibly i suppose knowing that connors is a good guy at heart he could possibly be back as lizard and help spidey fight the sinister 6

it would be a big cross over

Old 06-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #113
onDgrind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Griffith View Post
I'm an old time Spidey fan and I always thought a Kraven the Hunter story would be cool and different. I mean a guy who just wanted to hunt the ultimate target! The Vulture, Mysterio and The Shocker would also be cool. Morbeius also would be great. I'd love to see the Sinister 6, but I could also wait until they went thru some of Spidey's great rogues gallery, IMO the best villains including Batman (who's the only one close).

I'm not as familiar with Venom and Carnage, but so many Spidey fans love them I guess they're good ones.

I just want some great Spidey films. There's limitless potential
Agree with Kraven the Hunter story, its the only Spiderman story I wanna see badly on screen. Imagine Kravens last hunt as a movie

onDgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #114
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

So my latest thoughts on the structure of this series go kinda like this:

ASM2 ends on a happy note, with some mystery as to who the Goblin is and impending doom for Gwen. Uncle Ben's killer arc is resolved.
ASM3 starts and things get bad quick with Vulture and Gobby. Leading to the death of Gwen and eventual defeat of Osborn/Oscorp by Spidey. Untold Story is resolved.
ASM4 is Kraven's Last Hunt through and through. Black Suit Spidey included. Peter is inconsolable after the loss of Gwen and he takes it out on his villains. Master Planner is teased.
Venom once Peter learns what the symbiote is and does he rejects it. It finds it's new host in Eddie Brock. Spidey/Venom fight. Symbiote reproduces infects Cletus Kasady. Spidey/Venom team up to take down Carnage.
ASM5 Spidey takes on Mysterio and Chameleon crime duo. Master Planner is revealed to be Doc Ock.
ASM6 Ock bands together the Sinister Six (Electro, Rhino, Vulture, Kraven Mysterio) Spidey enlists the help of Black Cat to defeat them all.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:50 PM   #115
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Do you think Oscorp will come down since Marc compared it to the tower of babel once Normans reign is over or do you think it'll still thrive

FN Spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #116
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FN Spider-man View Post
Do you think Oscorp will come down since Marc compared it to the tower of babel once Normans reign is over or do you think it'll still thrive
Well. I think Oscorp will fall (figuratively and/or literally) at the end of ASM3. But it's evils will persist. It seems like Oscorp tech will have created each Lizard/Electro/Rhino/Vulture/Goblin by the end of the corporation's reign. And I have the suspicion that the symbiote will be tied to Oscorp and escape before the end. Not to mention Ock's arms.

So yeah. Any future villains may have some (if only slight) ties to Oscorp, even after Spider-Man triumphs. Kraven perhaps being the exception.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #117
FN Spider-man
move it Spidey move it!!

Yeah and I could also see Kingpin or Silvermane or Tombstone maybe being in the next one or Dock being the Mastermind I hope to see these guys in it.
I think it will be awesome to see Oscorp fall

FN Spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:32 PM   #118
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by onDgrind View Post
Agree with Kraven the Hunter story, its the only Spiderman story I wanna see badly on screen. Imagine Kravens last hunt as a movie
Kraven definitely makes my list of wanted Sinister Six. In fact, imagine a concept where the leader (Doc Ock) hires Kraven to find a member of the Sinister Six (Say an escaped Vulture or his brother, the Chameleon) and/or uses him to track down/hunt Spidey.

But to give Kraven his own movie, I can't see that being so good...

But as part of the Sinister Six, yes please!

Old 06-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #119
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Quote:
I will say, now that they have come out and verified that TASM4 will happen, maybe the Sinister Six is what they will be working towards.
I could see this possibly happen given that a number of us had said it will certainly after TASM3, if Webb choose to do TS6.

Venom'sDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #120
onDgrind
Side-Kick

Quote:
Kraven definitely makes my list of wanted Sinister Six. In fact, imagine a concept where the leader (Doc Ock) hires Kraven to find a member of the Sinister Six (Say an escaped Vulture or his brother, the Chameleon) and/or uses him to track down/hunt Spidey.

But to give Kraven his own movie, I can't see that being so good...

But as part of the Sinister Six, yes please!
Why cant a Kraven story be so good? He could be the best Spidey movie Villain we have seen yet if done right. Him being obsessed with hunting down Spidey could be a very tense story with lots of psychology , suspense and a little grittyness

onDgrind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #121
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah there are several villains that I think could hold their own movie. Kraven is nearly at the top of that list.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:48 AM   #122
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

Kraven's Last Hunt is one of my most wanted film adaptions.

Old 06-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #123
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Kraven's Last Hunt is one of my most wanted film adaptions.
Symbiote and all?

Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #124
Oscorp
I hate you...so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Symbiote and all?
Maybe. If I remember correctly, the symbiote isn't an integral part of that story so it wouldn't be entirely necessary if you ask me.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #125
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Maybe. If I remember correctly, the symbiote isn't an integral part of that story so it wouldn't be entirely necessary if you ask me.
I'm starting think if they wanted to adapt Last Hunt as faithfully as possible that ASM4 would be a good time for it. The symbiote should come directly after Gwen's death. It gives Peter a good reason for his fall from grace (as famously NOT seen in SM3). He is upset and seeks comfort in the awesome power of the Black Suit. It gives him a release other than another woman (Black Cat or MJ). And it introduces the symbiote before we ever need to see Venom. So it foreshadows things to come without once again overloading a movie with primary villains.