The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #301
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

he desperately needs his own game... but that is a nice suit design for the game

Last edited by Super Kal; 06-21-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Super Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:29 PM   #302
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
Man of Steel in videogame form! Unfortunately, it isn't from his own game. It's a new DLC skin for Injustice, the fighting game.

man this suit looks really good in video game form!!! wow....he really needs his own game for sure...

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #303
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Yeah seeing that makes me sad that we still haven't received an amazing Superman videogame. With the success of the Arkham games and with the next gen consoles coming out soon hopefully that changes.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #304
Superman Prime
The Quantum Enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedIsNotBlue View Post
Yeah seeing that makes me sad that we still haven't received an amazing Superman videogame. With the success of the Arkham games and with the next gen consoles coming out soon hopefully that changes.
LOADS of potential for greatness in a modern Superman video game.

I even want Choose Your Own Adventure-type interactivity in the story. Go Mass Effect on this.

Superman Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #305
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Prime View Post
LOADS of potential for greatness in a modern Superman video game.

I even want Choose Your Own Adventure-type interactivity in the story. Go Mass Effect on this.
Yeah I suppose that is the problem. There is so much POTENTIAL for a Superman game that it can't help but disappoint when it is held back in so many ways because the technology confines the character so much. That is why I said hopefully with the PS4 and Xbox One coming soon that the potential for a Superman game can be explored. Be able to fly from Earth to Outer Space, fly to other countries and continents, create the kind of destruction with the landscape and buildings around you like we saw in Man of Steel, etc. etc.

Old 06-22-2013, 04:57 AM   #306
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Yeah seeing that makes me sad that we still haven't received an amazing Superman videogame.
Don't know what you're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dJXgJ1c4vY

(Warning- contains naughty words).

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
regwec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #307
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I suppose that is the problem. There is so much POTENTIAL for a Superman game that it can't help but disappoint when it is held back in so many ways because the technology confines the character so much. That is why I said hopefully with the PS4 and Xbox One coming soon that the potential for a Superman game can be explored. Be able to fly from Earth to Outer Space, fly to other countries and continents, create the kind of destruction with the landscape and buildings around you like we saw in Man of Steel, etc. etc.
I want Superman to be ENCOURAGED to hold back. Like points rewarded if buildings DON'T get smashed, and a low amount of casualties are allowed before the mission has failed. And Superman should be able to accidentally bump into people and kill them (unlike Spider-Man 2 where they just conveniently move out of the way), but that should become a game over IMHO.

That, of course, makes it more of a strategy game rather than a mindless beat-em-up. But it fits the character, imho.

Players should ask themselves how to stop a particular threat with the least amount of casualties. In short, they should have a taste of what it means to be Superman.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:35 AM   #308
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Found true Hi-res versions of the stills I posted earlier this week!

4256 x 2832

Drewbee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:27 AM   #309
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Ponder this, CB fans: In a fictional world where the limits and laws of time and space are pushed every day; where mystical convergences and otherworldly phenomena are the norm; where we are to believe that "a man can fly" and emit beams of concussive force from his eyes, why is it then so difficult to fathom that, in such a place, there also exists a rare breed of man capable of extraordinary feats beyond that of his ken -- the peak human realized in the form of Bruce Wayne, The Batman?
-Arms
ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #310
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifriedrice View Post
Man of Steel in videogame form! Unfortunately, it isn't from his own game. It's a new DLC skin for Injustice, the fighting game.

Captain Scarlet doesnt stand a chance now that Captain Black is Superman.

Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 AM   #311
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Cavill at a premiere in a three-piece, looking like an affable Clark Kent.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 AM   #312
darrenbevan1
Side-Kick

My review's here... just come back from seeing it.

If you have thoughts, would love to hear them

http://darrens-world-of-entertainmen...ie-review.html

darrenbevan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #313
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

The Man Of Steel lifts some steel.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #314
regwec
Shakespearo

He was enormous in the movie. I would go do far as to say that he was slightly more jacked than he needed to be. I tend to think of Batman and Superman having a similar boxer/track athlete kind of build.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:32 AM   #315
Noach
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
He was enormous in the movie. I would go do far as to say that he was slightly more jacked than he needed to be. I tend to think of Batman and Superman having a similar boxer/track athlete kind of build.

Yeah he was like "UFC" cut.

Noach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:19 AM   #316
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
He was enormous in the movie. I would go do far as to say that he was slightly more jacked than he needed to be.
Dude look at Supes in the comics, he has a body-builder physique and a 12 pack. He is supposed to the masculine ideal and literally the greatest physique possible.

I think Cavill did a fantastic job with regards to his physical training. He got big but also very cut, so he looked as defined as artists draw Superman's body in the comics. And he truly looked like a superhuman in his shirtless scene.

I think he accomplished a commendable feat of bodybuilding and got just the absolute perfect physique for the role. I think its truly one of the best physiques we have seen in a superhero film.

Old 06-24-2013, 05:23 AM   #317
regwec
Shakespearo

Dude I have a backdated pile of comics as tall as me. I know that artists tend to draw him as a steroid-freak now, but that has been a process beginning in the 90s. My point is simply that, though he was fine for the point, he was as muscular as he possibly could be without looking like some kind of abnormal body-building addict. Remember that he will have to blend in with ordinary people as Clark Kent.

But, overall, we are agreed in so much as he looked great as Superman.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #318
bunk
superhero fan

As long as Cavill can wear Clark clothes and not give himself away, I don't see a problem with his size. He should also be as cut looking as his super suit, that way it's believable that all the muscle could presumably be his and not just padding.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #319
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Remember that he will have to blend in with ordinary people as Clark Kent.
The costume designer mentioned in an interview that they did that by giving Clark loose baggy clothes to hide his physique. I think in a couple of scenes where he does wear a form fitting t shirt he looks very hench and you know that guy is built like a brick ****house but for the most part, they did a good job.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #320
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

edit

Last edited by slumcat; 06-24-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #321
Super Kal
Side-Kick

that looks like a bootleg screenshot to me

Old 06-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #322
Dar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
The costume designer mentioned in an interview that they did that by giving Clark loose baggy clothes to hide his physique. I think in a couple of scenes where he does wear a form fitting t shirt he looks very hench and you know that guy is built like a brick ****house but for the most part, they did a good job.
The scene near the end with Martha, by Jonathan's grave comes to mind. He's wearing that white henley already looking all buff and then he crosses his arms and it's whoah!!!, causing my entire section to make varying sounds of appreciation

Dar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #323
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Sigh... Can people stop posting NON-official photos in the no discussion photos thread (especially bootlegs)?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #324
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Sigh... Can people stop posting NON-official photos in the no discussion photos thread (especially bootlegs)?
my thoughts exactly

Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #325
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
that looks like a bootleg screenshot to me
Was thinking the same, slumcat you better take the pic down and take a screen grab from a trailer mods will have your hide

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote