The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-27-2013, 03:22 AM   #351
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
Are there any official images anyone is looking for? I might have what you're looking for.
Any Kryptonian ones would be good, thanks. Or scout ship ones, like in my avvy.

Willi Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #352
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
1919 x 796
You rock!

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #353
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #354
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Why would you post a fan manip in the OFFICIAL Photos only thread?

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #355
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Why would you post a fan manip in the OFFICIAL Photos only thread?
THIS.

Sigh...

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #356
slumcat
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I have got my hands on a fantastic 2K (almost uncompressed) version of Trailer 3 (the 3 minute one) and the quality is so fantastic that screenshots from it are literally production quality stills. Below are two (cropped) examples. Look at the first one, the blues of the eyes are popping. If anyone wants any screenshots, you can tell me. Shots from the 2K trailer come in at 2048X858 resolution.

slumcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #357
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
I have got my hands on a fantastic 2K (almost uncompressed) version of Trailer 3 (the 3 minute one) and the quality is so fantastic that screenshots from it are literally production quality stills. Below are two (cropped) examples. Look at the first one, the blues of the eyes are popping. If anyone wants any screenshots, you can tell me. Shots from the 2K trailer come in at 2048X858 resolution.

Awesome! I'd like some caps of him coming out of the scout ship in the suit. The one officially released by Warner Bros. is only 1920 x 804

Drewbee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #358
slumcat

Quote:
Awesome! I'd like some caps of him coming out of the scout ship in the suit. The one officially released by Warner Bros. is only 1920 x 804
Here you go. Click on image for full res.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:31 AM   #359
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Thank you!

Old 07-01-2013, 03:52 AM   #360
stoz15

these screencaps are amazing. please could you add more. im not picky as to which scene.

stoz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #361
Scarface5
Side-Kick

You weren't kidding when you said they are basically picture quality screen caps...WOW! Those are are awesome, thanks for the great work!

Tony: "The world chico....and everything in it!"

Al Pacino-Scarface
Scarface5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #362
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

If only he could get a hold of all the TV spots & trailers in 2k. lol

Old 07-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #363
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really hope this leaks in hi-res!

Totally seems to be inspired by this image. Cape orientation looks almost identical even.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #364
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

I think it's just a coincidence, it's just a shot taken while they were filming the scene where Faora & the really tall Kryptonian are walking through town towards one another.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #365
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ It's the eeriest coincidence I've seen. Other then the Reeve gravity beam moment

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #366
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Maybe but you'd be surprised how the most minute details on films like this are all planned out and orchestrated to specific levels.

I suspect the cape was made to blow into that specific look.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 AM   #367
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Found a scene in one of the TV spots that I think has the footage where the still was taken:

Old 07-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #368
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

I put this in the Blu Ray thread and so I decided to put it in here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
This just popped up on a South African website. I'm sure other regions will get something similar to this. I think it's pretty neat looking though!....

Source:...... http://www.takealot.com/movies/actio...y-dvd,29755847

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Kryptonian Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #369
The Sage
Officially a 30 Year Man.
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^ It's the eeriest coincidence I've seen. Other then the Reeve gravity beam moment
No way in the world that cape shot is a coincidence, not completely anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I put this in the Blu Ray thread and so I decided to put it in here as well.
That is a nifty design. I'll have to pre-order when it becomes available.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:12 AM   #370
slumcat

Quote:
I think it's just a coincidence, it's just a shot taken while they were filming the scene where Faora & the really tall Kryptonian are walking through town towards one another.
I would venture to say that there are no co-incidences in movie marketing, or movie promotion or even movie making itself. Every image is engineered and enhances and expanded about. Don't be surprised if the cape turns out to be wire held or CGI in that pic.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #371
slumcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoz15 View Post
these screencaps are amazing. please could you add more. im not picky as to which scene.
Here you go.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:33 AM   #372
slumcat

Old 07-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #373
stoz15

THANK YOU SO MUCH SLUMCAT!! keep up the good work these are outstanding!

stoz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #374
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

As much as I loved the cinematography and visuals in MOS, I do hope future sequels use a slightly brighter color palette. Certain scenes looked too moody at times.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM   #375
slumcat

I might get flamed for denigrating the motion picture experience but I daresay that a lot of movies rarely look as good in theaters as they do on Blu Ray. I must admit that MOS in the theaters did not look as good as captures here, or atleast not considerably better.

I think its a lot to do with ****** theater projectionists.

Also dear god I had trouble taking sceenshots due to the shaky cam and constant zoom outs and zoom in. The camera work seemed really erratic and would not allow you to appreciate the compositions because it is constantly ****ing shaking.

I much prefer something like 300 with is classical mis-en-scene and beautiful composed tableau like frames.