The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 06-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #176
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Man! All of these pictures have prompted me to do some pushups in the floor. No, seriously...I am motivated to refine the body so I can get a super suit.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #177
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Set & Official Photo Thread - Discussion Welcome - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
I enjoyed smallville too, but only the last seasons where there was no more teen angst, no more Lana and it looked more like a Superman story.
It got much better, beginning with Doomsday.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #178
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
I enjoyed smallville too, but only the last seasons where there was no more teen angst, no more Lana and it looked more like a Superman story.
I thought season 9 was the best of the lot

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #179
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
^ Are they all available in blu-ray??

I enjoyed Smallville too. Season 6ish and around there is where it felt eh to me but still enjoy the show. Especially the beginning seasons.
Unfortunately no, only seasons 6-10 are on Blu-ray. There's no telling if & when Warner Bros. will put the rest on Blu-ray. People say the reasoning for them not being on Blu-ray already is the VFX for earlier seasons having to be re-done & Warner Bros. thinking it wouldn't be worth it to spend the money to get them on Blu. Which I think is bull because the HD versions of the earlier seasons on iTunes, Amazon & Vudu look pretty good.

Drewbee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #180
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JangoNate View Post
It got much better, beginning with Doomsday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I JUST finished Season 9! starting on season 10 now. haha

when does Doomsday and Deathstrike come into it?

but seriously I alreaddy saw 5 &6 so always wanted to watch it from the beggining. However I seemed to have scrapped that idea and jumped straight to 9 (funny how Zod is in that season too....didnt realise that until i started watching)

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #181
Energybender
Newbie First Class

I watched Smallville for the entire 10 year run and it wasn't perfect (especially in the middle around season 6 and 7) but it really got me into Superman. Season 9 and 10 were my favorite seasons and I think they did some pretty great stuff with the Clark and Lois relationship in particular that I really enjoyed.

Energybender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #182
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I liked Smallville for the first 3 seasons. It wasn't high art but it was a fun if repeative Buffy the Vampire Slayer starring Clark Kent knock off. Eventually the show lost me, it got too convoluted and stupid when it came to the Superman mythology.

I never cared for Welling as an actor, Rosenbaum was my reason for watching. Welling had a good Superboy look though but Superman? Nah.

I didn't even realize that Amy Adams was the fat sucking girl until someone pointed it out on here. I don't make it a habit of remembering random guest stars on cheesy T.V shows.
That reminds me, I was just getting into the series (i think it was 5) when I watched one of the episodes which I'm not even kidding is beat for beat the same as one in Buffy. (when the main character gets injected, and believes he is in an asylym and doesnt know which one is real)

I had to drop the show for a long while after that I was angry lol.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Old 06-09-2013, 06:28 PM   #183
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I actually started watching the show because of James Marsters, who plays Spike in Buffy tVS.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #184
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
That reminds me, I was just getting into the series (i think it was 5) when I watched one of the episodes which I'm not even kidding is beat for beat the same as one in Buffy. (when the main character gets injected, and believes he is in an asylym and doesnt know which one is real)

I had to drop the show for a long while after that I was angry lol.
That's kind of the norm for Fantasy/Sci-Fi shows though. The Buffy Wikia page actually lists all the other shows that have had episodes like that:

Quote:
This episode is similar to the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Far Beyond the Stars", the Charmed episode "Brain Drain", the Stargate Atlantis episode "The Real World", the Smallville episode "Labyrinth", and the Supernatural episode "What Is And What Should Never Be".
http://buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Normal_Again

Old 06-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #185
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Hell no, it's all about Season 3 and the Lex/Lionel drama. The only time in my opinion where i can consider Smallville "great television" and that ending cliffy montage for the finale was superb...good times.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM   #186
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbee87 View Post
Unfortunately no, only seasons 6-10 are on Blu-ray. There's no telling if & when Warner Bros. will put the rest on Blu-ray. People say the reasoning for them not being on Blu-ray already is the VFX for earlier seasons having to be re-done & Warner Bros. thinking it wouldn't be worth it to spend the money to get them on Blu. Which I think is bull because the HD versions of the earlier seasons on iTunes, Amazon & Vudu look pretty good.
Ah bummer. 6-10 isn't too bad though. That's a good amount.

I don't remember which seasons I enjoyed. It was so long ago, but I will admit the show got me more into Superman as well.

Nicko-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #187
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Ah bummer. 6-10 isn't too bad though. That's a good amount.

I don't remember which seasons I enjoyed. It was so long ago, but I will admit the show got me more into Superman as well.
Same, before Smallville I only knew Superman through cartoons & Christopher Reeves films(which I still haven't seen in full).

Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #188
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Same, before Smallville I only knew Superman through cartoons & Christopher Reeves films(which I still haven't seen in full).
Haha! Same. Not much on cartoons, but the movies and have only seen parts really.

I feel like Smallville did kind of what Earth One did for Clark. The show made us follow Clark through his outsider factor and really magnified that. That's what made the show relatable to me.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #189
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Yeah, I was in High School when it started so it was the perfect show for me to watch at the time. There were so many shows I watched at that time though. lol It makes me feel so old when realizing I watched Charmed, Buffy, Angel & Smallville from the moment they aired until they ended.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #190
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

Quote:
Yeah, I was in High School when it started so it was the perfect show for me to watch at the time. There were so many shows I watched at that time though. lol It makes me feel so old when realizing I watched Charmed, Buffy, Angel & Smallville from the moment they aired until they ended.
Oh it started around the same time for me as well! I remember watching some of it in middle school though.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #191
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I still need to watch Smallville.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #192
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well. Then you missed the whole point of the smallville series my friend. And I would actually say that smallville peaked in season 2, all the way through season 5.

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:29 PM   #193
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Hell no, it's all about Season 3 and the Lex/Lionel drama. The only time in my opinion where i can consider Smallville "great television" and that ending cliffy montage for the finale was superb...good times.
Agreed.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:31 PM   #194
Jim-El
"My Son"

Superman IN cinema is my only interest. Not a B rated TV series.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #195
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

*points at pic of Cavill from behind*.........HOW THE **** DOES HIS BACK HAVE ABS???

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #196
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-El View Post
Superman IN cinema is my only interest. Not a B rated TV series.
The problem is that I love supes so much that I'd watch ANYTHING Superman-related.

Quote:
yeah, season 9 is my favorite season.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #197
Jim-El
"My Son"

Quote:
The problem is that I love supes so much that I'd watch ANYTHING Superman-related.
I totally understand. I am no longer a fan of television productions. When you compare a movie like MOS to a TV series like Smallville, it is like comparing a fine four course meal to a candy bar.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Jim-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #198
Van Petrol
Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Don't know if this was posted (haven't seen it, so apologies if it has been). I think it was part of the interview spread the cast did back in January.

Bigger:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The more I look at this picture, the more I think Henry and Antje would make a terrific Bond and Bond Girl.

Van Petrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #199
william
Side-Kick

I found this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah I don't know why that image is so hard to find at Hi-res

william is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #200
Drewbee87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
I found this one!

That's what size the one I posted is.