The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #951
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 3

Yeah and when they made ESB things in the business weren't half a complicated as they are today. Star Wars deserves the most care they can manage considering the worldwide expectations set for the brand, and Disney isn't doing anything to quell the discomfort many many people have had since they announced the new trilogy. It's definitely starting to feel like a cash grab instead of disciplined, creative forward motion.

I'll put it this way: just because they *could* put the movie together in 18 months, *should* they? If the answer is yes then it's their job to show everyone that they are on the ball. D23 was the third strike this summer alone against them in that aspect.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 08-10-2013, 06:52 PM   #952
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

If Disney is having trouble with Episode 7 and tried to hide it by keeping quiet at D23, they did a horrible job.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 PM   #953
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I wouldn't be too sure. Disney has boatloads, but what if they don't want to spend as much as Kennedy and Abrams are estimating for the film?

With so little news coming out of SW VII production, I have to think that budgeting has been a big factor.
Nah... I don't think there are any budgetary concerns. Disney will shell out the money for this. Whatever Kennedy and Abrams need, I'm sure Disney will provide.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #954
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Imagine if they announced that Jar Jar Binks would star in Episode 7...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #955
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Yeah and when they made ESB things in the business weren't half a complicated as they are today. Star Wars deserves the most care they can manage considering the worldwide expectations set for the brand, and Disney isn't doing anything to quell the discomfort many many people have had since they announced the new trilogy. It's definitely starting to feel like a cash grab instead of disciplined, creative forward motion.

I'll put it this way: just because they *could* put the movie together in 18 months, *should* they?
How is it feeling like a cash grab? But in reality that is the name of the game, and why all of the films were made. However to me the talent they got on board shows they want a quality film. If it was a cash grab they would have grabbed Brett Ratner and Paul WS Anderson and had the film out next year. They have it in good creative hands.

Man I knew this would happen though. After a day like today the "doom and gloom" flies out quicker then anything. (and like 90% of the time it will be nothing to worry about).

Old 08-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #956
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I honestly feel like it will get pushed back to 2016. 2015 is pretty crowded, and its better to have too much time as a buffer than to be overly pressed for time.

UNLESS they are already further along than we know, and keeping it all hush-hush for "x" reason.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #957
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Better than no news, I suppose.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:58 PM   #958
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I honestly feel like it will get pushed back to 2016. 2015 is pretty crowded, and its better to have too much time as a buffer than to be overly pressed for time.

UNLESS they are already further along than we know, and keeping it all hush-hush for "x" reason.
I think it's the second. I mean Ardnt had a treatment done before the acquisition and started working on the script at that time/before. Drew also said a few months ago they are farther along then most think. With ILM building stuff already.

I think they will push Pirates forward.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #959
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
"A long time ago in a galaxy Jar, Jar away..."

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #960
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
And played by Johnny Depp.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #961
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
And played by Johnny Depp.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:02 PM   #962
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

"Look into your heart, you know it to be true."
*looks down and falls*

Old 08-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #963
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:

A Star Wars movie won't care about competition.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #964
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I can see it now... "Da Sith be craaaazy if dey dink wesa gonna stand for dis!"

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #965
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Unless it sucks, or looks like everyone's worst nightmare of what a Disney-fied Star Wars movie might be.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #966
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
How is it feeling like a cash grab? But in reality that is the name of the game, and why all of the films were made. However to me the talent they got on board shows they want a quality film. If it was a cash grab they would have grabbed Brett Ratner and Paul WS Anderson and had the film out next year. They have it in good creative hands.

Man I knew this would happen though. After a day like today the "doom and gloom" flies out quicker then anything. (and like 90% of the time it will be nothing to worry about).
It's a feeling, based on what's transpired since late last year

1) Disney acquired LucasFilm and the first things they did were shut down a popular Star Wars show and cancel a highly anticipated Star Wars game

2) Announced not one, but a new trilogy of films along with spin offs. Possibly putting out one Star Wars movie PER YEAR

3) After the announcement of the Ep 7 writer/director there's been complete silence on the news front regarding the project's forward motion. Williams coming back is great, but that wasn't even covered by most outlets.

4) Skipping the three relevant events that people worldwide expected an inkling of news from

5) Announcing new cartoons, games and toys by the boatload, while reneging on any films stuff.

6) Putting the first movie on the docket for a summer 2015 release even though that block is chock full already. Like they NEED to get it out due to some unforseen factor.

Of course Disney wants to optimize their SW output. That's why they bought the property. But it's not like people are unanimously anticipating a new SW movie. It's not like most people like that Disney is handling the franchise now. They need to put a little bit of effort into showing people they know what they're doing OUTSIDE of a money perspective. So far they haven't. So far they've shown that they are very, very out of touch with what people want.

It's not immediate "doom and gloom" because of one failed marketing attempt. It's a progression of quizzical behavior that is making me, as a fan and member of the entertainment news community, start to question whether this brand is in the right hands.

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Old 08-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #967
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I hear the guy who played Maul wouldn't mind returning for this. Do you guys think it'd be cool to have him back?

Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #968
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I think if it's Disney-fied we'll get a cute animal sidekick. Maybe Chewie's son.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #969
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Unless it sucks, or looks like everyone's worst nightmare of what a Disney-fied Star Wars movie might be.
I think they would have to try hard at that.

I'm again just angry as well. But I think people are over-reacting as ALWAYS happens around here. Now that we got no news it equates to a "bad product'/the movie is going to fail.

I just don't get that jump.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #970
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Quote:
Bingo. That's like saying a Batman, Superman, Spider-Man or Star Trek movie doesn't have to worry about competition. They all do, especially nowadays when people know you can get burned.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #971
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
I hear the guy who played Maul wouldn't mind returning for this. Do you guys think it'd be cool to have him back?
Maul is cool, but I want to move on to other villains. Hopefully a villain in Episode 7 will be as badass as he was.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #972
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
I still think this movie will be somewhat of an "underdog". Yea, it's SW, and it will make a hell of a lot of money, but I can't help feel expectations for it will be even bigger than they were for TPM.

I could be wrong, though.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:09 PM   #973
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I agree with you in principle, BUT...

Star Wars has never before had the competition it has today.

Old 08-10-2013, 07:10 PM   #974
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

If they had revealed something more substantial, this thread would probably be on part 4 by now. Now we're just inching along, being fueled by disappointment.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 PM   #975
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Bingo. That's like saying a Batman, Superman, Spider-Man or Star Trek movie doesn't have to worry about competition. They all do, especially nowadays when people know you can get burned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
I still think this movie will be somewhat of an "underdog". Yea, it's SW, and it will make a hell of a lot of money, but I can't help feel expectations for it will be even bigger than they were for TPM.

I could be wrong, though.
Quote:
I agree with you in principle, BUT...

Star Wars has never before had the competition it has today.
I get what you guys are saying but what I meant was most movies would probably be grilled by Star Wars.