The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 2

You lose gold? So instead of gaining gold each level you lose it? That's not good.

What exactly do the deathfrost shards do against Apocalypse? I know you're supposed to collect them, but do they have any kind of adverse affect against him in particular? Or is it meant to be used against Death (Iceman)?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
You lose gold? So instead of gaining gold each level you lose it? That's not good.
Lol what? That's not what I said. How would that make any sense at all?

Edit - Ok I can see how it was phrased poorly.

No. You don't level past 300, so the gold for each level gained no longer exists.

zeroapoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #5
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

I actually beat the Mockingbird HB in one try. I equipped her with Morale Boost and Street Fighting EIso and targeted the bruiser in the first wave. Survived Zemo's attacks and got to the second wave. You can either wait to get attacked by the Tactician or go after the Bruiser protecting Zemo. Either way, you'll eventually have MB get combat reflexes and have her counter every attack. Makes for a short HB.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:07 PM   #6
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

What happens to all the unstable iso I've accumulated (not that there's much) when there's no SO going on? What am I supposed to do with that?

Also, are these free gifts people send always isos? There seems to be noticeably fewer isos being sent as gifts in the past few days as the SO is coming to an end. Do these gifts change?

At least I managed to defeat Apocalypse and recruit Iceman. No time to do the mastery over death I think. I don't think I could defeat them with the scores required, and don't have enough isos to do so anyway. I don't even have enough for one battle.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 59,623
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Once the special operation is over all those ISO are gone and removed, we can't save them for the next game.

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #8
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Really? That's a shame.

So I was just playing Season 1 Chapter 8 Mission 3. The weirdest thing happened. One of those bald thugs in the yellow jumpsuits just attacked one of his comrades for no apparent reason. It wasn't like I was using any characters who could mind control them (eg Spider-Woman) and pit them against each other. I wasn't complaining as it suited me, but why on earth would he attack his friend/ colleague? He just jumped on him and stabbed him repeatedly.

Also, do people usually play in challenge mode or just normal mode? I've recently been playing challenge mode to maximise experience but this current mission is proving harder than normal.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #9
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

But you start the next SO with 440 Iso.

zeroapoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #10
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,326
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

I may have gotten this information from nowhere but...are we going to get a Generalist suit with an Empowered Iso-8 socket?
Was this information among those of the Winter Soldier and GoTG?

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:06 PM   #11
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I may have gotten this information from nowhere but...are we going to get a Generalist suit with an Empowered Iso-8 socket?
Was this information among those of the Winter Soldier and GoTG?
That's going to be the 2nd year anniversary gift and they said it'd be released soon after Chapter 4 came out.

As for Chapter 4 progress, I've already gotten Ms. Marvel's new alts. Now I'm just using up my UIso farm for the epic weapon in SO and deciding on which weapons, AIso, and EIso from Chapter 4 I want.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #12
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,326
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Good to know, since I don't have a Gen suit and just bought an E-Iso to equip a generalist.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #13
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 59,623
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

oh man, barely survive the battle using Captain B. Tomorrow I hope I can get through using Mockingbird

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #14
kindergregs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Where has it been confirmed that we'll be getting a Generalist suit??

kindergregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:08 AM   #15
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindergregs View Post
Where has it been confirmed that we'll be getting a Generalist suit??
On the MAA Insider Twitter account and Playdom forums.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 04:13 AM   #16
kindergregs
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 21
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
On the MAA Insider Twitter account and Playdom forums.
Alright cool, I'll check it out now! Just making sure it's actually been confirmed because I've been waiting for this for the past year and a half or so!

kindergregs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 59,623
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindergregs View Post
Alright cool, I'll check it out now! Just making sure it's actually been confirmed because I've been waiting for this for the past year and a half or so!
Good to know you are not a bot


Damn the Mockingbird battle a pain in the ass to win, so far no luck yet

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #18
Hellion
He's Not Serious
 
Hellion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Southern CA--with the other beautiful people
Posts: 4,944
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Really? That's a shame.

So I was just playing Season 1 Chapter 8 Mission 3. The weirdest thing happened. One of those bald thugs in the yellow jumpsuits just attacked one of his comrades for no apparent reason. It wasn't like I was using any characters who could mind control them (eg Spider-Woman) and pit them against each other. I wasn't complaining as it suited me, but why on earth would he attack his friend/ colleague? He just jumped on him and stabbed him repeatedly.

Also, do people usually play in challenge mode or just normal mode? I've recently been playing challenge mode to maximise experience but this current mission is proving harder than normal.

Hello! I think your thug has the crazy/psychotic ability---I know it's something like that. If it has that, it will attack any person/player…ally or foe.

I also do challenge…it's harder, but I think the item drops, roulette have better items, IIRC.


Last edited by Hellion; 03-14-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:54 PM   #19
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 59,623
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Finally won with my Mockingbird, wish I won the damn ISO

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:02 PM   #20
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 17,984
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Why do I never win any gold in the daily spins? It always lands on the one next to it? Does anyone ever win what they want?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #21
Morg
Hayden addict
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Morg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Hades
Posts: 59,623
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why do I never win any gold in the daily spins? It always lands on the one next to it? Does anyone ever win what they want?
sometimes I win gold or CP but most of the time I get crap, still trying to win some of the special weapons in the special operations before it ends

Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:30 PM   #22
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,506
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
sometimes I win gold or CP but most of the time I get crap, still trying to win some of the special weapons in the special operations before it ends
I've been farming for SO weapons as well. I have yet to get the epic SO weapon, with me accumulating a score of over 10 million trying to get it. I likely have 1-2 more epic runs before SO is over. Surprised it hasn't dropped yet I've been able to get the epic weapon in most of the recent SO.

Webfoot Hero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #23
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Why do I never win any gold in the daily spins? It always lands on the one next to it? Does anyone ever win what they want?
Because it's not actually a random 1 in 9 chance for each. That's just an illusion. The award is pre-determined and the better the prize the lower the odds.

zeroapoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #24
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination
 
zeroapoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,578
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I've been farming for SO weapons as well. I have yet to get the epic SO weapon, with me accumulating a score of over 10 million trying to get it. I likely have 1-2 more epic runs before SO is over. Surprised it hasn't dropped yet I've been able to get the epic weapon in most of the recent SO.
Me either. No SO weapon on the daily reward as well.

zeroapoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #25
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,326
Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 3

I got the hand of Apocalypse and I'm quite happy about it. It's the only weapon I truly wanted.
This was the best SO for me so far regarding content.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.