Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Skyforge

article from massively

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Skyforge

Last but not least, I got my hands on Skyforge. The game's still in alpha, so a lot of my questions couldn't be answered, but what I saw and played was a bit better than I expected. My character was more powerful than he needed to be for the content I was given, but I got to see a bit more of the game's style as a result.

While combat's been done all to hell in this genre, the one thing I really like about Skyforge is its flexibility. For example, the Cryomage played similarly to what you'd expect from Guild Wars 2, with a handful of moves and an ultimate ability. It was fun and stylish but I'm more of a tank guy, so I tried the Berserker. He was tanky, he had kind of a chainsaw move, a whirlwind attack that drew mobs in, and a leap ability.

The controls were pretty different, though. Instead of GW2-style combat, I got DC Universe Online combos, which made me chain moves together using right and left clicks in a certain pattern to change my attacks. This was both jarring and refreshing. Jarring in that I'm used to having to switch games to change styles, but refreshing in that.... well, let's be honest, this genre's controls are becoming simpler and simpler, though not exactly easier. Supposedly, every Skyforge class will play very differently from every other. For example, one class (I think it was the Gunslinger), had two different weapon modes he could switch between.

Having multiple yet simple controls for different classes helps freshen things up within a single game. That's great because potentially, if you decide a family and a job aren't for you, you could unlock every skill of every class in the game if you played long and hard enough. There are no levels and no need to reroll, and those are two things I can get behind.

Things are interesting even before you get into the combat, though. Before choosing a planet to fight on, you get a god's eye view of the world. That is, you get to see what events are going on and how long until the next event opens up. You'll be able to sort by type (i.e., PvP only, if you wish) and then jump into whatever kind of activity suits you best.

We still don't have the full details, but crafting in Skyforge isn't supposed to be as simple as it is in many other MMOs. I was told was that it ties into your followers. But let me back up. You don't start out as a god in Skyforge, that's simply your aim.

Initially you're just immortal (I'd settle for that, but maybe I'm too easy to please). Through your deeds, you'll gain followers who "believe in you," which is how you'll eventually attain your godhood. At that point, your followers can become more powerful themselves. Obsidian says that those followers will tie into the crafting system, and that the complexity is enough that the team wants to visually show it when it's ready, since words alone would make it seem too complicated.

In terms of customization, Skyforge is rather robust. We changed classes on the fly, within the same dungeon (though only out of combat). Changing classes changed our weapons, but our character's appearance didn't really change. If you want to be a robed wizard and then a robed berserker, you can do that. If you think you only need to wear half a shirt when standing toe-to-toe with mobs or when dropping mortars, you can do that. What you can't do, however, is pick and choose talents from anywhere in your tree. Like many games, there's a certain order you have to follow to unlock moves.

The game also has fatalities for when enemies are low on health. You can't spam them, and they just finish off something that's maybe one or two moves away from death, but it's nice to have on low-end mobs. One interesting thing about the fatalities, though, is that they grant your character a buff. It wasn't something I was expecting and it was a nice addition. The combat felt demanding enough that I wasn't falling asleep, but it wasn't so hectic that I would have been afraid to type. Since it was a demo with a powerful character, though, that's subject to change.

At the end of a Skyforge instance you get a stat screen, kind of like at the end of a battleground. It will show completed bonus objectives, various rewards, etc. It made the game feel a bit more like a console title, but the action-oriented combat already had a healthy dose of that, so in some ways it makes a lot of sense.

Again, Skyforge is in alpha, and Obsidian is mostly showing off its combat. But as someone who's done combat to death, I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. For more on Skyforge, don't forget to take a look at our E3 screenshot gallery!
from: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/06...d-armored-war/
And even more recently

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Skyforge - World Introduction Trailer

The forces of Aelion need to come together to defend their beloved planet.

Skyforge : The Divine Observatory Revealed

Posted Jul 02, 2014 by Suzie Ford

The Skyforge team has revealed a new facet of the game called the Divine Observatory. The Divine Observatory is a 'gateway' to adventure with calls for assistance being registered within.
In their first hundred hours of play, players will have access to more than 40 exciting solo and group PvE adventures, five different types of PvP competitions and 10 massive open world locations to explore.
As players complete adventures, they will receive rewards including Credits, the most common currency on Aelion; Gems of Insights, which are used to develop skills and talents, unlocking new classes and characteristics; and Exotic Currencies, which can be used to buy new outfits to customize the look of the characters.
Read more on the Skyforge forum.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#dUd2trhi2IZLFKIF.99
And

Skyforge's Divine Observatory and rewards detailed

(1 hour ago)
Fantasy, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, PvE, Skyforge

Skyforge has this thing called the Divine Observatory, which is a sort of global surveillance and warning system that monitors the pleas for help from Aelion's mortals and sends immortal player characters to their aid.

Said players "will have access to more than 40 exciting solo and group PvE adventures, five different types of PvP competitions and 10 massive open world locations to explore," according to the latest My.com press release.

"As players complete adventures, they will receive rewards including credits, the most common currency on Aelion, Gems of Insights, which are used to develop skills and talents, unlocking new classes and characteristics, and Exotic Currencies, which can be used to buy new outfits to customize the look of the characters," the firm says. Click past the cut to read the full spiel and don't forget to have a look at the screenshot gallery while you're at it. Skyforge's Divine Observatory

Continue Reading

Quote:

Skyforge: Divine Observatory
It's time to continue the journey through the world of Skyforge! Today we are revealing one of the most significant features of our game, the Divine Observatory. For the residents of Aelion, the Divine Observatory is a global surveillance and warning system. Its task is to monitor and display the pleas for help of Aelion's mortals and send immortals to their aid.

For players, it is a single point of entry into all sorts of adventures!

The Divine Observatory, as well as special Access points located throughout the whole planet, will quickly take you to where your help is needed most.

When you first begin your journey from immortal to godhood only a few adventures will be open but more and more will become available to you as you progress. During the first hundred hours of play time, the immortal heroes of Aelion will participate in more than 40 exciting solo and group PvE-adventures. There are also five different types of PvP competitions for PvP fans and ten vast open world locations that can be explored for hours and hours.

There are a multitude of activities open to players in the Divine Observatory, and your choice is not limited in any way. It's up to you to decide whether you would like to develop your character for PvP or PvE and then quickly jump into the content you prefer.

A normal adventure can be completed in an average of 15-25 minutes, while open world locations can take hours and hours to explore.

The Divine Observatory is updated every 40 minutes. Any changes in the adventures open to you or their rewards will be immediately displayed on the globe, a miniature projection of the planet. The system updates the list of "hot spots", allowing players to easily see and participate in all currently active events.

Open adventures and their rewards are updated every 40 minutes.

You are free to replay specific individual and group PvE-missions you enjoy again and again, and their rewards grow as your prestige grows, so they remain useful to your development and progression. After repeating an adventure several times, the difficulty will increase, and so will the amount and value of the rewards. Of course, other types of content also remain relevant to you as you grow as well. For example, the matchmaking system always tries to find the most suitable opponents when it picks players for PvP battles.

From the Divine Observatory you can enter the queue to participate in a group adventure and then go to one of the open world locations to continue completing simple tasks while the system is looking for a suitable group.

There are also additional recommended events which will appear in the Divine Observatory from time-to-time (adventure of the day, week and month). These recommended events are a great way to test your characters progression or try a different class. Sometimes the reward for the recommended event is so high that even an avid PvP player may decide to participate in a PvE adventure, or a confirmed Paladin will set off for Factory 501 as a Cryomancer.

The Divine Observatory also displays upcoming adventure that will soon become available.

The number you see in this picture above is Prestige - the main indicator of character development. It is affected by new unlocked classes, abilities, talents, equipment upgrades and many other things. When you reach a certain amount, new adventure and content are automatically unlocked.

Over time, there will be there will be a growing array of adventures and content available to you.

As heroes complete PvE-and PvP-adventures, they receive rewards including; Credits, the most common money on Aelion. Gems of Insight, which are used to develop your characters skills and talents, unlocking new classes and characteristics, and Exotic Currencies, which can be used to buy new outfits, customizing the look of your character.

As your prestige grows, the list of rewards expands. While at the first the characters receive only Gems of Insight, later their adventures will earn them other new and valuable resources. Over time, more and more difficult tasks will become available to you, including massive guild activities with their own rules and prizes, but that's a topic for another day.

Let us know what you think of the Devine Observatory! If you want the chance to see if it for yourself make sure you sign up for the Skyforge Beta now: http://sf.my.com
source:MMORPG.com& Massiviely

Ok now I'm interested in this

Last edited by zenith16; 07-02-2014 at 02:58 PM.
zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
zenith16
Side-Kick

Default Re: Skyforge

Skyforge abandons leveling in favor of a prestige system

(1 hour ago)
Betas, Sci-Fi, Free-to-Play, Community Q&A, Skyforge

The Skyforge development team has been on a streak of answering pressing community questions over on the game's Facebook page, with one question answered per day over the previous week.

A few of the questions centered around how Skyforge has eschewed a traditional leveling format in favor of a "prestige" system. Prestige is like gearscore, a sum total of the stats from a player's equipment. As a player gains more prestige, more content, gear, and followers are unlocked. "Instances are tied to the amount of prestige your character has," the team explained. "The better your character[s are] developed, the higher their prestige is and the more adventures they can go on."

Other questions concerned whether there will be a test server (there will be) or a global chat channel (there won't be). The team did indicate that there would be a multi-platform chat system on launch, however: "Our programmers wrote a special chat service that will allow players in the game to chat to friends that are reading messages from other devices. This means that you can chat with other players regardless of whether they are in the game or not."

[Thanks to Dengar for the tip!]

Old 07-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : The Lanber Forest Revealed

Posted Jul 15, 2014

My.com and Obsidian Entertainment have revealed new information about one of the zones that players will encounter when playing Skyforge. Called the "Lanber Forest", the zone is seemingly a tranquil and peaceful place. The beauty, however, only masks the evil that lies just beneath the surface.
Nerion, once the patron of the Lanber Lands, has betrayed his followers and formed an alliance with the Mantide army, who have been awakened after centuries of sleep and seek to spread throughout the planet, destroying the unwanted and dominating the weak. The mortals of the Lanber Lands are now condemned to suffer and die at the clutches of these evil creatures.
Now, Nerion’s Castle, which towers over the Lanber Forest, no longer symbolizes divine protection, but reminds mortals of the traitorous god whom they once looked to for protection.
Learn more about Skyforge.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#27HV1u87IBBkjSSW.99
source:MMORPG.com

Old 07-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Frosty Cryomancer Revealed in New Trailer

Posted Jul 22, 2014

My.com, the Allods team and Obsidian Entertainment have sent out a brand new trailer to show off one of Skyforge's playable classes. The Cryomancer, as the name implies, brings the power of cold to the battlefield with a wide array of skills to freeze the heart of even the most battle-tested opponent.
The primary role of a Cryomancer is to dish out damage quickly from a distance. The Cryomancer can quickly and easily control the battlefield by freezing large groups of enemies before they can overwhelm the Cryomancer and his allies. Even if enemies can get close to the Cryomancer, they are in for a deadly surprise: The Cryomancer has enough tricks to easily get away, including making a frozen decoy copy of themselves.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Learn more on the Skyforge site.

Permalink | 6 comments

And

The Free Zone : Talking Skyforge and F2P With Obsidian

Posted Jul 22, 2014

Last summer, we learned that Obsidian Entertainment had been retained to help develop Skyforge. Since the studio is strongly associated with standalone RPGs, this news was interesting and at least somewhat unexpected. Following E3, where parts of the game were playable and appeared to be favorably received, I had the chance to follow up with Development Director of Culturalization Eric DeMilt about his team's role on the project.
Read more of Richard Aihoshi's The Free Zone: Talking Skyforge and F2P with Obsidian.
Quote:

Last summer, we learned that Obsidian Entertainment had been retained to help develop Skyforge. Since the studio is strongly associated with standalone RPGs, this news was interesting and at least somewhat unexpected. Following E3, where parts of the game were playable and appeared to be favorably received, I had the chance to follow up with Development Director of Culturalization Eric DeMilt about his team's role on the project.
MMORPG.com: How did Obsidian's involvement in Skyforge come about? What was Allods Team looking for to complement its own knowledge and experience?
Eric DeMilt: Obsidian's involvement in Skyforge initially grew out of our work with Mail.ru on the Armored Warfare project. Once we had a solid working relationship in place, discussions about other Mail.ru projects and collaborative information exchanges came naturally.

The Allods Team was looking for a development partner in the western market who could help them ensure that Skyforge was a success worldwide by providing input from outside the home development territory. They have a very talented and experienced team, but like most developers, they are very focused on their home territory, native cultural and gaming sensibilities. They wanted a partner who could be trusted to help with the skills aspects of content development and who could provide culturalization/westernization input and support.
As the discussions progressed, it seemed more and more like Obsidian would be a great fit for this role. I joined the team in July of 2013, as we finalized what this collaboration would actually look like and began putting our team here together.

MMORPG.com: What are Obsidian's specific responsibilities? Who are the key team members, and what MMORPG development experience do you have?
Eric DeMilt: Obsidian's specific responsibilities on the project are broken into three primary areas.
  1. Design and development of additional player classes
  2. Design and development of additional instanced gameplay content
  3. Ongoing westernization and culturalization review and support
We are currently building small teams for class design and implementation (designers, character and concept artists, animators, FX artists, etc), and instance design (level designers), who collaborate day-to-day with their counterparts in Moscow.
Key team members include myself, Aidan Karabaich - Sr. Class Designer and Robert Lee. Aidan's past experience includes Project Copernicus and WildStar, and Robert's includes several Obsidian titles; Alpha Protocol, Fallout: New Vegas, and most recently Elder Scrolls Online.
MMORPG.com: What differences have you found compared to making single-player RPGs? Has anything been particularly difficult, tricky or surprising?
Eric DeMilt: I think, the biggest difference between a single-player RPG and an MMO is the asynchronous way in which players experience the content and its impact on your design. You can't design as if you can guarantee all players have done A before B. This has a huge impact on all of your design decision. The most obvious one is the impact on linear story progression and permanent changes to things like world state.

MMORPG.com: What aspects of working on Skyforge have been most interesting? Which have been most challenging?
Eric DeMilt: The most interesting aspect for me has been the unique collaboration with the Allods Team. Although we are a remote part of the development team, thousands of miles away and -12hrs off in time, we truly are working in partnership day-to-day to get our content into the game, to make recommendations and improvements, and to make the game better. I've been in the industry quite a while and have seen a lot different project setups, but have never seen one I've felt is as collaborative as what we have between Obsidian and the Allods team on Skyforge.
MMORPG.com: What have you learned or are you learning from Skyforge that is likely to improve and/or help Obsidian as a developer of single-player RPGs?
Eric DeMilt: The development methodologies the team in Moscow uses to run a project of this size and scope are very strong and I've learned a lot from them on that side of things. I'm a producer, so I tend to gravitate towards that sort of stuff. They have a great mix of well-planned workflows and long term design planning and short production sprints ensuring the team is focused on the highest priority issues and is able to develop and iterate rapidly.
On the dev side, there are always nerdy bits about tools and time saving techniques that different developers bring to the table which are great to see and learn from and to share your own experiences on. I think any chance we have to see how other teams work and to learn from their knowledge and experience is a chance for us to learn how to make better games.
MMORPG.com: Why should our readers consider watching Skyforge more closely as development moves forward toward launch?
Eric DeMilt: Personally, I think two of the things about the game, which drew me to the project, are really strong and make it worth keeping an eye on.
The first one is combat. This is the thing you do most in an MMO and in Skyforge it's fun from the very start. I really enjoy killing things and taking their stuff (in games...), and I think we've got a great, solid foundation for combat and a lot of variety in how the different classes play and in how you develop your characters and their abilities.
The second one is the god system. The premise of becoming a super-powerful badass is inherent in any MMO or RPG, but I really love how deeply embedded the concept of becoming a god is through the game. Being a god, is not just a title and some abilities we've tacked on at the high end to make you feel epic. I think players will like how systems like your followers impact you throughout the game.
There are tons of other great things about Skyforge as well. We've only revealed a very small portion of the game and the world so far. There is a lot of great stuff to look forward to.

MMORPG.com: In what ways and to what extent has Obsidian's work on this game been impacted by the fact it will be free to play?
Eric DeMilt: I think the biggest impact of the game's distribution as free to play has been in how both teams look at development. We aren't just developing to a finish line like a retail box product. We are creating a game, and game service, with an ongoing commitment to additional development and continuous improvements and tweaks based on community feedback and player behavior.
Closing queries
In what ways and to what degree would MMORPGs benefit from incorporating more features, element, systems and/or development knowledge and expertise from the standalone RPG space?
How likely are we to see more situations where a western studio, either with or without an MMOG focus, is hired to augment the knowledge and/or skills possessed by a team from another part of the world?
What interests you about Skyforge? If you're not interested in it, why not?
Does Obsidian being brought in to help develop Skyforge suggest that its publisher, Mail.Ru, might be interested in acquiring the studio?
Read more MMORPG.com covereage:

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...dZxphVCXEei.99

Old 07-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #6
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge to premiere at Gamescom

(18 hours ago)
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Events (Real-World), MMO Industry, New Titles, Skyforge

Skyforge, the upcoming MMO from Obsidian Entertainment and the team that brought you Allods Online, will be making its debut at this year's Gamescom in Cologne, Germany.

Along with World of Speed and Armored Warfare, Skyforge will be presented by My.com at its booth in the business hall and as a playable demo for press. This will be the first reveal of two of Skyforge's classes and brand new locations. Interested players can also sign up for the closed beta for all three games at the official websites linked below.

[Source: My.com press release]
More coverage: Skyforge official website, World of Speed official website, Armored Warfare official site

Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #7
zenith16
Side-Kick

Obsidian explains Skyforge's class-swapping system

(3 hours ago)
Fantasy, Screenshots, Classes, Game Mechanics, Lore, Previews, News Items, Dev Diaries, MMORPG, Skyforge

Obsidian and My.com are back today with another new Skyforge dev diary, this one a lengthy explanation of the game's class system. Skyforge allows class-swapping that will remind players a bit of RIFT: You'll pick a base class and then unlock intermediate and advanced classes as you play, swapping your current played class along the way. Check out the team's full explanation!

Skyforge: Classes

Many people have made the observation that the Skyforge class system is non-traditional and unique for an MMORPG. Our decision to design our class system this way was influenced by changes we see in gamers. In recent years we've seen a change in the way people play games, specifically, with the new found popularity of MOBA games. They have fast become the most popular online games and are consistently beating records for participation in various tournaments. Continue Reading

And
Skyforge : Obsidian Details the Classless System

Posted Aug 01, 2014

One of the more intriguing features that has been hinted about in Skyforge is the "classless system", an open progression system that allows player to unlock a multitude of classes over time. In addition, the system allows players to, for instance, fulfill missing roles in raids or dungeons on the fly as long as the party is not in combat. Players will gain access to classes and, over time, more advanced classes.
In this case several people can wait for hours for a tank to go on an adventure. In Skyforge the risk of not finding the required class is very minimal – in all likelihood you’ll have a friend or someone already in the group who has opened and developed the required class. And even if they have not it only takes a few minutes to become a Paladin and open up the first few skills in the Progress Chart. The class switch system is designed so that even when you first switch classes from a class you’ve developed, the new class you switch to will also be as developed. This is because the main attributes are tied to the character and not the class. We have written about this in more detail in the article on the Ascension Atlas.
Read the full post on the Skyforge site.

Permalink | 3 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#MH5dzi8mDIyxjVa5.99

source:MMORPG.com& Massively

Last edited by zenith16; 08-01-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #8
zenith16
Side-Kick

Gamescom 2014: Skyforge's crew narrates a 30-minute tour

(6 hours ago)
Betas, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Events (Real-World), Free-to-Play, Skyforge

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:http://vimeo.com/103604188#t=0s
Skyforge is a title that has caught my attention for several reasons, including its pretty graphics, its science-fiction bent, and its flexible class build system. Past that I'm a little ignorant, which is why I appreciated the following video from Gamescom.

After Skyforge's trailer, the team delivers a crash course on the game's lore, features, and combat. One of the interesting aspects is how the game can zoom out to show you the entire world so that you can easily see where quests for your character are waiting.

If Skyforge is on your radar, do yourself a favor and give the Gamescom panel a watch when you have a moment! Continue Reading

Last edited by zenith16; 08-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #9
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Everything About It Is Beautiful

Posted Aug 24, 2014

I’d been seeing images of Skyforge for some time before Gamescom. Everything about the game is beautiful. But surprisingly few MMO gamers I know have heard of Skyforge. It’s a Science Fiction-Fantasy MMORPG from the makers of Allods Online. Combat is all geared towards action and somewhat reminiscent of console games in that there are combos to learn for various attacks. I was never good at learning combos in my old school Street Fighter days and if my demo at Gamescom taught me anything it is that nothing has changed.
Read more of Shannon Doyle's Skyforge: Everything About It Is Beautiful.
Quote:
The team started out our introduction to Skyforge with a bit of history. In this universe gods protect planets but for some reason your planet has no god. Your job is to become a God and to protect the people of your world. This is of course done through a complex character progression system which I’ll go into a little more detail on later. But the most interesting thing to note is that once you become a God your story isn’t done. Now, I’ve not seen all of the game yet so I wouldn’t say that the game doesn’t really start until you reach godhood but being a god comes with unique benefits. There are items that only gods can create for instance. Gods can heal in combat which makes them really popular with their friends. And once you become a god you unlock an all new ascent matrix.

But Skyforge isn’t all about being a god. You start out as a lowly immortal with three classes available to you. At launch there will be a total of ten classes to pick from and you will be able to unlock all of them on one character. Swapping classes is very easy to do; I did it several times in my short demo. I didn’t have to go to a hub or talk to anyone. It was as simple as a couple of menu clicks. The hardest part was changing your mindset to match the character you had changed to. Things like remembering an archer doesn’t need to be in melee range. During the demo the Cryomancer was by far my favorite. Which fortunately for you dear reader the Skyforge team has released a video for.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As you can see Cryomancers are very flashy. This most likely explains why they’re my favorite. But I also enjoyed the dual chain wielding Slayer class which, if I were to play would likely be my preferred class. I think what I love about all the classes in this game is that combat is big. Its flashy, it’s got a lot of energy in it and its just plain fun!
One of the things that makes Skyforge stand out in my mind though is the fact that quest hubs aren’t really needed. If you enter an area where a quest is taking place it automatically gets added to your list. No more needing to worry about if you’ve talked to all the contacts for an area. No more completing an area and going back to the nearby quest hub only to find out you actually missed that one NPC who was hiding behind a tree so now you have to go back. As a gamer this sort of thing is exciting, it keeps the fast pace of the game going. But as a roleplayer, I have a few concerns. The biggest being, will I know why I’m doing this thing? Lets say I’ve got a quest to kill ten rats (I’m not saying there is such a quest, but it’s an easy example). I wander into a field and the kill ten rats quest gets added to my to do list. Why am I doing it? Maybe a farmer wanted the rats gone? Or maybe it a squeamish girl with something against rats. This sort of thing is important to me and I am concerned it might get lost in the noise of combat.

But that is hardly my biggest concern about Skyforge. In fact what I find most disappointing, the thing that will keep me from playing Skyforge, is the lack of character customization. If I understand correctly, and I will admit that I did have a bit of a language barrier with my guide, if I understand correctly character customization in Skyforge means being able to change your clothes. Nothing more. Okay, maybe it isn’t that big of a deal to some people. I will grant you that this isn’t a show stopper for a lot of people. But for me character customization is vital in an MMORPG. At my core I am a roleplayer. So if I walk into town and every Archer has the exact same face that is a deal breaker. I’d also like to mention for a moment….how to put this politely…jiggle physics. You know those inflated dancing things in front of car dealerships? They’re called air dancers and in Skyforge female characters basically have two of them strapped to their chests. They don’t obey physics and just like air dancers they each have a mind of their own. The end result is a bit jarring. Thankfully when you’re playing you see your character’s back so it isn’t that big of an issue.
All of the negativity aside there is still one very interesting feature that I’ve not yet discussed, character progression. Progression in Skyforge is complex. You have this massive Ascension Atlas which is basically a roadmap of progression. It zooms out, it zooms in, and it seems to go on for ages. See the video below for a better look at the
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

In the end Skyforge was a lot of fun to play. They have a lot of fun ideas with combat and the God system sounds really interesting. I would strongly encourage everyone to give it a try when it hits beta sometime in the fourth quarter of this year. I’ll certainly be there playing it even though I won’t play it once it launches. I am sad that Skyforge is a let down in character customization but I hope that won’t stop you from giving it a go. If you want to find out more about Skyforge the team did do a Twitch stream from Gamescom, which I should warn you is half an hour long.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Permalink | 34 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#7d6Xt2hIEf2jIwIf.99

Old 08-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #10
Godzilla2000
Arctic Conscience

I'm sure Eorlund Grey-mane would have some words about this game.

- You are the ugliest people on the planet.
Godzilla2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 05:54 PM   #11
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : The Paladin Revealed

Posted Sep 08, 2014

Quote:
My.com and the Skyforge team are unleashing the Paladin in a new update on the official site today. The update includes a video showing the Paladin in action and information about basic and advanced abilities.
The main feature of this class is a large number of defensive skills that include the removal of negative effects and resistance to control. The Paladin's abilities do not end there: some of them massively increase damage; others make monsters focus on him. He can also control his enemies, stun them and knock them down, slow down and even immobilize them. Unlocked talents will multiply your damage, restore health and increase your movement speed. All of these abilities can be used to create various combinations that will best suit your style of play. But bare in mind that the potential of the "tank" class should be tested out in group play. A good combination of passive and active skills will help heroes and their allies emerge victorious from the most dangerous fights.

The Paladin is one of the most durable and hardy classes in the game. Temporary invincibility will help him escape from seemingly hopeless situations and turn the tide of battle. When things go really badly, the hero sanctifies the ground around him and gains the ability to use any skill without spending "righteous anger." For continuous DPS, a Paladin must be near his target. He can either draw the fleeing enemy to himself or dash towards them knocking them down. The attacks of this class are not the strongest, but they are not the Paladin's only weapon. His primary task is to draw enemies' attention to himself and let his teammates or his high survivability do the rest.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Read the full article on the Skyforge forum
Permalink| View the 12 comments in forums instead
Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/r...FwlqLBCiDfT.99

with

Skyforge trumpets Paladin class

(4 hours ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Classes, Free-to-Play, Skyforge

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

The mix of sci-fi and fantasy themes in Skyforge marches on, as the upcoming MMO announced its latest class: the Paladin. Heavy armor? Big sword? Giant shield? Divine backing? Yes on all counts.

According to the reveal, Paladins "are the spiritual heirs of Aeli and a true weapon of good." As would be expected from this type of class, Paladins are tank characters with high health, fast regeneration, the ability to shield allies, and plenty of defensive skills. The Paladin builds up righteous anger to unleash in the form of special abilities and must pretty much always fight in melee range.

We've got the Paladin trailer after the break, so give it a look-see and let us know what you think! Continue Reading

Last edited by zenith16; 09-08-2014 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #12
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Obsidian's PVP Plans Revealed

Posted Sep 17, 2014 by William Murphy

Recently, we were privy to a developer Q&A with Eric Demilt, Director of Development at Obsidian on the upcoming MMORPG Skyforge. Obsidian is developing the game in cooperation with Allods Team, and though we’ve slowly been learning about some of the many classes in the game lately, Obsidian and Allods decided that the time was right to pull back the curtain on the title’s PVP modes.
Read the rest of Bill Murphy and Suzie Ford's Skyforge: Obsidian's PVP Plans Revealed.
Quote:
Right away, Eric wanted to make sure that how combat works in Skyforge was clear: “We’re not a traditional MMO, we’re an action-combat MMO. We’re more frenetic, lots of moving around. That means our combat roles are different too.” To that end there are less direct healing abilities, and we focus more on beneficial buff spells and mitigation. On top of that, our mouse targeting makes player positioning very important.
Now, what we covered in the call was the organized match-made fights of Skyforge. Before we go on, for those wanting to know if there’s a larger scale “warfare” mode: yes, and it’s called Pantheon Wars. That’s a completely other ball of wax though, and we’ll be learning more about it at a later date.
Now, back to Skyforge’s small group and death-match PVP. Since the class system allows you to change your class and built at any time out of combat (think The Secret World, but less confusing), this means you’ll be able to potentially change your class mid-match, if you see the need to do so to counter a team’s composition.

On top of all that, one of the key parts of Skyforge is the ability for players to become gods, and in PVP, this means you’ll be able to become a god at opportune times (like manning a Titan in Titanfall) to wreak havoc on the opposing team.
PVP is just as viable a mode of progression in Skyforge as adventuring, questing, and running dungeons. You’ll gain levels, work on becoming a god, and get plenty of loot along the way. There’s a full matchmaking system as well, so solo and fully pre-made groups alike can partake. Here’s a brief rundown of the PVP modes that the team has planned for the start of beta. This list can and will expand as the team heads towards launch and beyond. You can get the full details on each map and mode from the official site, as well.
Lugran Research Base
  • Number of players: 6
  • Number of players in team: 1
  • Game mode: FFA - Free For All
Kingezi Arena
  • Number of players: 6
  • Number of players in team: 3
  • Game mode: TDM - Team Deathmatch
Ring of Immortals
  • Number of players: 16
  • Number of players in team: 8
  • Game mode: CP - Control Points
Alcedon Facility
  • Number of players: 16
  • Number of players in team: 8
  • Game mode: PL - Payload
Esten Quarry
  • Number of players: 24
  • Number of players in team: 12
  • Game mode: CTF -Capture the Flag
With the match types unveiled, we were able to ask Eric quite a few questions about Skyforge and the team's approach to matchmade PVP.
Question: How does the God form fit into PVP and Skyforge?
Players aspire to become a god. There are planets protected by gods. Players are immortals defending their worlds, gaining power and becoming gods themselves through prestige. You work towards unlocking your god form. Characters are super powerful in this form. If you’re playing Titanfall and a Titan shows up in battle, it’s a game changer. There’s a resourced tied to allowing you to become a god. It’s a distinctive visual and you will be much more powerful than other characters while you’re in “god mode”. You can cause havoc on a battlefield and it’s a balance changer if used tactically.

Do you hold it in reserve? Use it from the start? Hold it until later? It’s a dynamic that is missing from standard PvP and one we’re happy to have.
MMORPG: When is it viable to change classes during a PvP match? On death or respawn or is it not possible at all?
For immortals (normal players) on death or respawn allows for changing classes or if you get away from combat enough to fall out, you can then. Gods can change classes at any time even during combat.
Question: Will there be any limit to the number of people in God form in the arena in small group PvP?
No limit. As long as people have unlocked god form and have the resources available, there’s no cap on how many can go to god form at any given time – same for high player PvP. “Resources” are roughly akin to a “mana bar” in this sense. Not iron ore. You have to build it up, and then unleash it. Like an ultimate skill, but so much more than that.
Question: How is matchmaking handled with the multi-classing and leveling and so forth?
Another cool thing that touches on multi-classing is done through prestige. Rather than gear score and character level, we’ve dropped that traditional system. We go with the prestige system that uses all-around character progression. PvP is competitive and sport like. We want a level playing field. There’s no ganking (we’ll talk about that in the Pantheon system). Our Matchmaking system uses prestige to match you up with people of similar progress in the game.
Question: Which maps will be available right away in the game, as soon as you log in?
We will unlock them progressively and not release everything all at once to all players. The Lugran Research base (FFA PVP) will be right from the get go after the tutorial. As your prestige grows, we’ll release more.
Question: Is Skyforge intended to be a full-featured MMO? How much of the game’s focus is going to be placed on competitive play? Do you believe that PvP balancing necessarily sucks the fun out of PvE play by making abilities less impactful and dramatic or are there other ways to balance PvP as its own entity within the game?
Yes it is. We intend to have PvP and PvE content, crafting, customization, character development, etc. Gaining fame and notoriety through a variety of systems that you’ve come to expect from your MMORPGs.
For us though, PvP balancing does not suck the fun out of PvE. You have to do it right. You have to design the game with balance in mind and not just nerf to take all those fun things out (like polymorphing). We don’t want the game to be fundamentally different between the two systems. It’s a matter of planning and understanding what PvE gameplay is in your game and making sure you’re planning your skillset correctly so it’s fun and viable in both places.
Question: Gear tends to unbalance PvP in a lot of MMOs. How will PvP rewards factor into that aspect of the system?
We use the prestige system that looks at all the numbers from your character’s development, not just level. PvP rewards are complicated. Players want rewards that will make a difference in PvP. You have to be careful how you roll those out. That’s where high-end PvP matchmaking comes into play so top end are playing against top end, for instance. It’s better to get those guys playing in ranked matches and the like.

Question: How important is balance to begin with?
Balance, if you get it right, it’s timeless like rock, paper, scissors. As variables go up, it gets more complicated. The challenge is to do a couple things. Get the balance where we think it is right. Understand what will happen if we tweak things. Understand that balance isn’t static. Tune it. Tweak it and evolve it. Put new things in or take bad stuff out. We must understand the systems and take our best educated guess at getting balance right and then test it in the wild with real humans. We can’t make knee jerk reactions to the vocal minority. We need to look at broad statistics and see how widespread the issue is. We get a huge amount of telemetry out of this game and look at all these things together to make decisions.
We want players of a similar skillset and experience together. We want it to be a fun experience. So balance isn’t only necessary for PVP, it’s necessary to keep the game fun for all players.
Question: Is there going to be a story to each of the PvP arenas? Will beta have access to that form of content?
No, not really. We try to make up little stories why you’re moving from one end of the map to the other but…no. Only a tiny bit of lore ties us into the PVP and why it’s there. PvPers are the sort of the population that’s not always interested in story. We are not agonizing over force feeding it to players. You go in, you fight. You get power and prestige.
Question: Can you tell us the reason behind class swapping at any time. Some might consider that a detrimental aspect to a sense of permanent identity as a character/avatar. How do players distinguish themselves?
We wanted to remove restrictions of forcing players to put all their prestige into one class. Maybe you made a bad choice from the start. You’re not locked into it and aren’t forced to pay the developer or publisher to correct that mistake. We want the decision in the player’s hands.
Since you’re not identified by class, you can be as free to express themselves in any way they want. People can customize their look in any way they wish – board shorts, class armors, hair styles, or you can make it about the choices you make. No predefined categories hold you from expressing your style or play preference.
Question: Can players host custom practice matches outside the ranked system?
No. All matchmaking is through the system itself.
Question: How do players gain the prestige needed to unlock some of the PvP locations?
Prestige is something that is basically a sum of all the development you’ve done to your character so far. You gain rewards for any kind of content you complete in Skyforge. PvE, quests, PvP matches, dungeons, etc. It’s like experience, but on a much broader level, across everything you do in the game.
And that wrapped up our discussion with Eric and the Skyforge team. The Closed Beta for the gorgeous action MMORPG is right around the corner, with Q4 of this year rapidly approaching. If you’re interested, head to the official site and sign up now. Skyforge will be F2P with a monetization model that we don’t know much about yet. So stay tuned for more info.
Permalink | 3 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#rmbLVt9dmB1TJzhi.99

With

Skyforge eschews gank PvP, teases PvPvE battles

(13 hours ago)
Fantasy, Galleries, Screenshots, Events (In-Game), Game Mechanics, PvP, News Items, Skyforge

"Fighting fair is the name of the game," say Skyforge's devs in a press release today, which is totally what the characters pictured here represent. (Sorry, that was a... low blow.)

My.com says Skyforge will allow small-scale PvP in designated maps with varying team sizes; it will also include a matchmaking system to protect noobs and make it "almost impossible to gank someone." Large-scale PvP, known as Pantheon Wars, is another story, one the studio isn't telling just yet except to hint that it'll involve "complex PvPvE-battles where proper role assignment is crucial."

Enjoy the new screenshots. Skyforge PvP

Last edited by zenith16; 09-18-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:40 AM   #13
zenith16
Side-Kick

Casual escapists, Skyforge hasn't forgotten you

(14 hours ago)
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Business Models, Culture, Game Mechanics, Interviews, News Items, PvE, Skyforge

A new MMOGames interview with Obsidian Executive Producer Eric DeMilt sheds light on inbound sci-fantasy MMO Skyforge, which he says is angling to provide a deep experience for players with tons of time -- as well as players with very little. As he put it,
"We are striving to make a great high quality free to play MMO that would have action oriented combat and allow for short rewarding session time. We wanted to make something that could accommodate short session game play as allow for enjoyable longer play sessions. It's about escapism and being larger than life."
DeMilt also discusses power creep, player retention, character progression, the Facebook-inspired social network within the game, and monetization; on the last, he's reluctant to give details, but he vows that Skyforge is "not going to be a flat-out pay-to-win game."

Last edited by zenith16; 10-05-2014 at 08:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 AM   #14
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge will spawn multi-stage alien invasion events

(2 days ago)
Sci-Fi, Video, Events (In-Game), Game Mechanics, News Items, PvE, Free-to-Play, Skyforge

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
If you like random scripted events in games like RIFT, Defiance, and Guild Wars 2, you're going to love Skyforge's alien invasions. Announced today, alien invasions in the upcpming sci-fantasy MMORPG are huge events that will roll out to the open world in multiple stages and spawn waves of enemies full of loot and esclalating challenge. If ignored, invasions "will grow and defenders will be overrun by more dangerous creatures from the most distant corners of the universe." So maybe don't ignore them.
Upon defeating invading hordes, players can rally the troops and board the enemy ships, where they will encounter bizarre alien monsters in various forms and vicious, unexpected traps. If these can be surpassed, parties must then defeat the avatar of an alien god; presenting a true challenge, staying alive on board an alien ship and defeating the enemies within will reap huge rewards and bring recognition to all victors.

Players that deal most deftly with the alien god's avatar will be able to participate in a championship match. This is a special raid adventure with a new, stronger avatar. Here, even the slightest tactical mistake can deprive you of victory, but the winners will receive a unique reward. The outcome of this battle may have certain consequences for the entire server. After all, the gods are not just immortal heroes. Their actions have an impact on the whole world.
Obsidian has posted a new video showing off the invasion system; we've included it. Continue Reading

Last edited by zenith16; 10-05-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:20 PM   #15
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Tapping the God Within

Posted Oct 14, 2014

The first in a series of video developer diaries has been released by the team behind Skyforge. This episode, titled "Orders of Aelion", reveals how players can become a powerful deity in their own right.
Quote:
The developer diary describes how each immortal dweller of Aelion has their own personal order made up of the mortals that worship them for their deeds. Orders are not just for looks, they provide a third of a character’s might, with characters dealing more damage the larger their order. The size of an order, which can grow to be millions of followers large, is reflected in the amount of statues and churches erected in a player’s honor. Some believers called adepts will even do extraordinary deeds in the name of the player such as curing plagues, protecting their realm during invasions by other gods or serving as missionaries of the player’s glory in other realms.
Find out more about Skyforge.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Permalink | 2 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...MH0KuL9aIrY.99

Latest Skyforge dev diary enables your god complex

(5 hours ago)
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Video, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, Skyforge

Want to become an MMO god? Watching the newest Skyforge dev diary video is probably a good place to start. The clip focuses on the game's followers and adepts and hints at how players with an eye on godhood will develop their adepts, send them on missions, build temples, and receive both abilities and bonuses.

Click past the cut to view the video and read the associated description of Skyforge's order mechanics. Continue Reading
Quote:
Skyforge: Orders of Aelion
Every god needs followers and the celestial beings of Skyforge are no exception. Each immortal dweller of Aelion has their own personal order. In this article you will learn what those orders are, how to deal with your adepts and why you need to have a handful of believers in the first place.

Followers and Adepts

Every character in Skyforge aspires to become a deity and strike fear into the hearts of their enemies and awe into the souls of mortal citizens. The thing is you can start doing either before becoming a god. Your numerous deeds will not go unnoticed: soon after the beginning of your adventures you will learn that the grateful inhabitants of Aelion have erected a statue in your honor. If you hurry to the Hall of Greatness in the capital you will find not just a statue of your lovely self there but also a small crowd of enthusiastic followers. Don't neglect these mortals: they provide a third of your character's might!

Some of the believers don't just worship you - they are willing to do deeds in your name. They are called adepts. They have special talents and capabilities for solving all sorts of problems. So if Outlaws are causing trouble in distant provinces? Send an adept warrior to deal with them. If an Unknown illness threatens to assume epidemic proportions? Assign this task to your adept doctor. Whatever trouble befalls Aelion you will most likely find an adept able to deal with it.

Local residents will remember those who helped them and they will defend them against enemies. The more often your adepts will visit the same provinces of Aelion the higher your reputation will be in those regions. People will feel gratitude towards you and eventually change their attitude from neutral to sympathetic and even admiring. The best part is they don't express it just in words: as the number of your followers increase you will start getting personal, valuable gifts - special artifacts that you can use to make your adepts stronger.

Adepts Development

Over time your adepts gain experience and their increase their level. You can let them take their own course but it's better if you take their "education" into your hands. Pick the most capable of them; gauge the skills they will need for particular tasks and get down to work. You can assign one adept as a mentor for another or increase their level yourself through a special ceremony. Of course, you can always hire "ready-made" adepts in the Hall of Greatness or get them with the help of special amulets. However, it is much more convenient (and fun!) to raise your own future Hercules; choosing their strengths and improving their necessary skills.

Experienced and powerful adepts can take on more complex assignments that are beyond the powers of their less capable companions. During the invasions there will be particularly challenging assignments in Aelion provinces that only the best of the best can handle. Once the crisis is resolved the adepts will not return empty-handed – their god will receive valuable trophies.

Missionaries and Order Rank

Time goes by the cult will grow and at some point the god will discover that the number of adepts in stock has exceeded all reasonable limits. But don't worry: you can always retire the adepts you no longer need. However, these "weak links" don't just pack up and go home, cursing your name; they become missionaries and go in search of new followers. The task might seem insignificant but it's actually quite important: the more newcomers who join the order, the higher its rank. Additionally, the missionaries often provide their god with pleasant surprises - the gifts they find on their journeys.

New opportunities will open up for a god that is supported by a large number of people. High ranked order attracts the strongest adepts and lets you access more complex tasks. Furthermore, the god with highest Prestige gets honored with more and more valuable statues in the Hall of Greatness. Firstly, a modest bronze statue is replaced with a silver one; then there is a golden statue in its place and finally, the most powerful and revered gods are awarded a splendid sculpture with precious stones.

Provinces and Patrons

Adepts are busy performing heroic acts, missionaries carrying on religious propaganda... and what about their god? The daily routine of an Aelion deity is not exactly dull and the opponents are getting stronger every day. How can you gain more power? Your order will help you with that as well.

The planet is divided into eight provinces and you can build a temple in each of them. Of course, you won't be able to build all sanctuaries at once; first you will need to work on your reputation and raise your Prestige to a certain level. When this happens the road to another province will open up and then you can start building. You must place a special relic in the foundation of the temple; the more valuable it is the more luxurious the building will be! In addition to temples you can build chapels in the regions that increase certain characteristics of the god. It is impossible to activate them all at once so choose the bonuses wisely: depending on the situation you might need different kinds of support!

In Conclusion

Managing your own order is a troublesome but fascinating activity. The fact is that orders are like a game within a game. Gods that pay attention to their adepts will not just be loved – they will be rewarded with the best gifts, the richest temples and the most exciting and honorable deeds performed in their name. Aspire to greatness; but don't forget about the mortals. The way you treat them determines what type of god you become!

Last edited by zenith16; 10-15-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #16
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge's adepts do your dirty work, bear gifts

(1 hour ago)
Fantasy, Classes, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, New Titles, News Items, PvE, Skyforge

There's a new Skyforge blog post on the game's official site. It's all about adepts, which in case you've forgotten are the loyal followers of your avatar who further your personal power and assist you on the road to godhood.

Adepts distinguish themselves from your regular followers by way of a profession: Engineer, Templar, Sorcerer, Mystic, Preacher, Healer, Envoy, or Agent. Some adepts are better suited for particular missions (send a Healer on an epidemic curing mission, for example), and adepts who successfully complete missions will bring you gifts and additional followers for your trouble.

Adepts also help you gain reputation within the game's provinces, so it's in your best interest to develop their power as efficiently as possible. How do you do that? Well, you can start by reading the dev diary which we've linked below.

also with

Skyforge : There Are Followers and Then There Are Adepts

Posted Nov 03, 2014

The Skyforge team has laid out the details for 'adepts', a special type of follower that can be quite helpful to the budding deities in the game. Adepts come in several types including Engineer, Templar, Sorcerer, Mystic, Preacher, Healer, Envoy and Agent. Adepts can be sent out on special missions to carry out the orders of the player.
Quote:
Certain Adepts are better suited for specific missions. For example, any adept can curb an epidemic outbreak, but an adept with a profession as a healer has a higher chance of succeeding. Adepts can increase in level by successfully completing missions and can earn players valuable rewards, including gifts and more followers.
The eight professions of an Adept include:
  • Engineer – a technical genius
  • Templar – a guardian for the order
  • Sorcerer – a preserver of old rituals, ancient runes and traditions
  • Mystic – a master in all things “magic”
  • Preacher– an evangelist for your order
  • Healer – a capable physician
  • Envoy – a diplomatic representative
  • Agent – a paranormal investigator
Read more on the Skyforge site.
Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#RemhLasmTza4fGqx.99

Last edited by zenith16; 11-03-2014 at 06:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #17
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Closed Beta Weekend Sweepstakes!

Posted Nov 06, 2014

MMORPG.com has partnered with the Allods Team and My.com to give away 100 keys granting access to the Skyforge beta weekend event taking place between November 13-16.
Entering the sweepstakes is simple: all you need to do is go here and submit your entry. Entries will be accepted through Monday, November 10. Winners will be selected randomly from the pool and announced on Tuesday, November 11, with keys and download instructions to be distributed on the same day.
Remember, once you've submitted your entry, logging in to your MMORPG.com each day will earn you an additional chance to win.

Permalink | 3 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#kPhxuto87UKO2Qwy.99

source: MMOGames

Old 11-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #18
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge's first technical beta weekend begins November 13th

by Brianna Royce (11 hours ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Game Mechanics, News Items, Skyforge

The conglomerate of companies building Skyforge -- Allods Team, Obsidian Entertainment, and My.com -- have announced that the MMORPG's first technical beta weekend will kick off on Thursday, November 13th. What's a technical beta?
The technical beta weekend is a "technical test" in that the purpose of the beta will be to test Skyforge's core systems such as server infrastructure, client distribution system, login services and more. Therefore, we are only inviting a relatively small number of players to participate in this phase of testing to ensure that our core systems are operational, fully functional and able to withstand the stress of many players all logging into the game simultaneously.
The developers are also hoping to provoke feedback about core gameplay systems such as classes, quests, combat, and character progression.

This weekend's beta winds down on November 16th, but more tests with more invitees are planned.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:56 PM   #19
zenith16
Side-Kick

here's the VOD of

Skyforge : Tune In Tonight for an Exclusive Livestream of Closed Beta

Posted Nov 13, 2014

Tonight, at 8pm ET (5pm PT, 12am CET), we'll be going live with Eric DeMilt, Development Director of Skyforge from Obsidian and Allods Team. Get an early look at the technical alpha, how the combat works, and ask tons of questions of Eric... plus, we just might have some beta keys to give away! Don't miss it!
  • WHAT: Exclusive Beta Livestream of Skyforge with Development Director, Eric Demilt
  • WHEN: Thursday, Novemer 13th at 8pm ET (5pm PT, 12am CET)
  • WHERE: MMORPG's Livestream Page
See you there!

Permalink | 12 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#UmbhbgXh0r8qTXOE.99

1:50

MMORPG.com Playing @Skyforge with Eric Demilt - Beta Key Giveaway!
MMORPGcom 3 hours ago

1:08

MMORPGcom 3 hours ago

0:35

MMORPGcom 3 hours ago

1:30:45

MMORPGcom 3 hours ago

or view it all from their

source: MMOGames& their Twitch channel

Last edited by zenith16; 11-13-2014 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #20
zenith16
Side-Kick

they put up the Youtube version from the live stream last night

Skyforge : Beta Gameplay Footage and Livestream

Posted Nov 14, 2014

We sit down with Development Director Eric Demilt of Obsidian Entertainment to talk and play their new MMORPG Skyforge, currently in technical closed beta and launching in 2015. The game is in technical beta, and its framerate and crashing are due to this. As Eric says, it's nowhere near optimized yet, but they wanted to show people what they were working on. Enjoy!
Check out our exclusive Skyforge Live Stream.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm#SVQTflxbcFpRUzJb.99

source: MMOGames

Old 11-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #21
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Dual-Wielding Berserker Revealed in New Trailer

Posted Nov 24, 2014

Obsidian has sent out the first information about the Skyforge Berserker class, a dual wielding dynamo. As he name implies, the Berserker leaps into battle with brutal fury. Check out the teaser trailer sent out by Obsidian and let us know what you think.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Permalink | 1 comments Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...zzeSyk00H3E.99

Skyforge details the Berserker's rage mechanic

by Brianna Royce (1 hour ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Trailers, Video, Classes, Game Mechanics, Previews, News Items, Skyforge

A new Allods Team/My.com dev post today reveals yet another class for upcoming sci-fantasy MMORPG Skyforge: the Berserker. Wanna rush into battle, smash enemies in the teeth with a giant chainsword, dish out massive AoE damage, and annoy opponents with AoE crowd control? Of course you do. But there's a catch: This classic RPG archetype comes with a rage mechanic.
The Berserker's powerful attacks consume Rage. Outside of battle, they only have half their maximum level available but once engaged in a fight, damage inflicted upon or by the Berserker will cause their Rage to build and rapidly reach its limit. Only then will the Berserker be able to use their most effective abilities - inflicting massive damage on all who would oppose them
Skyforge concluded its first tech beta period last week. Check out the Berserker trailer after the cut. Continue Reading

Old 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM   #22
zenith16
Side-Kick

Secure a Skyforge beta key through a gems minigame

(2 hours ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Contests, Events (Real-World), News Items, Promotions, Skyforge

Wanna win a beta key for Skyforge, the upcoming sci-fantasy MMORPG from My.com/Allods Team? I hope you like minigames, then, because Skyforge is going to make you play a minigame to earn that video game beta key. From today to December 23rd, players can log into the game's website to play a daily round of the minigame, called Aelion's Treasure. There's more at stake than just keys, though:
In the mini-game, players have seven attempts daily to find as many blue gems as possible on a board of 21 gems. To win a closed beta key one should collect 5 blue gems. Along the way they'll find several surprises, and a special leaderboard will keep track of players' progress. The top 20 players on the leaderboard each week will also receive an invitation to Skyforge closed beta. Additionally, the player who places in first in the leaderboard rankings each week will receive a Sound Blaster EVO ZXR Headset. Other prizes include an exclusive Skyforge Souvenir Gift Set, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 graphics card.
Hey, at least it's novel, right? The game's first technical beta ran earlier in November. We don't yet know exactly when the beta will begin, though given the duration of this promotion, we can hazard a guess.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #23
zenith16
Side-Kick

The Daily Grind: Does a studio's home country impact your faith in an MMO?

(1 hour ago)
Culture, MMO Industry, Opinion, Massively Meta, The Daily Grind, Miscellaneous

I've been cautiously excited about the development of Skyforge, although something's really been holding me back from gushing too strongly about it: the fact that its dev team (well, one of them at least) is located in Russia. Maybe it's silly and even a bit nationalist, but I am somewhat less trusting of MMOs that hail from other regions than my own.

Maybe it's a fear of making payments to studios in countries across the world. Maybe it's a fear that the studio won't have my own best interests in mind in operating that product. Maybe I've been let down by too many titles that were developed overseas but never made the transition to my home shores.

Does a studio's home country or region impact your faith in an MMO? A reminder: Let's keep the discussion free of nation-bashing, please!

Every morning, the Massively bloggers probe the minds of their readers with deep, thought-provoking questions about that most serious of topics: massively online gaming. We crave your opinions, so grab your caffeinated beverage of choice and chime in on today's Daily Grind!

source:
Massively

Old 12-03-2014, 08:37 PM   #24
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : Lore Behind the Mantid Invasion Revealed

Posted Dec 03, 2014

Obsidian Entertainment has published a new story on the Skyforge site that reveals the lore behind the mantid invasion of the world of Aelion.
Quote:
The story tells of how, in ancient times, an evil race of insectoid people known as the Mantides invaded the world of Aelion, where Skyforge takes place. Although repelled by the the immortals of Aelion including the planet’s god Aeli, the queen of the Mantides, Sangra, would stop at nothing to destroy Aelion. In an effort to destroy the planet, Sangra used her powers to launch one of Aelion’s own moons at the planet.
Read the full story on the Skyforge site.
Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...JKk5eVBvvpH.99

Also from
The myth of Skyforge's Celestial Fortress

(10 hours ago)
Betas, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Screenshots, Lore, News Items, Dev Diaries, Skyforge

Guess what, story fans? Skyforge has lore!

Today's dev post explains the myth behind the Celestial Fortress, an epic construction project floating in the sky meant to safeguard the planet Aelion from its own inward-spiraling moon. "While historians still argue about its true origin and meaning," intones the narrator, "only one historical fact remains clear: the Celestial Fortress which the symbol represents prevented the destruction of Aelion." Well, that and the Roche limit, but this is sci-fantasy lore, not astronomy. Carry on, storytellers!

We've included the new concept art of the Celestial Fortress below. Don't forget that Skyforge's browser minigame competition to win a beta key and other prizes is still ongoing for the next several weeks. Continue Reading

Last edited by zenith16; 12-03-2014 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #25
zenith16
Side-Kick

Skyforge : A First Look at Naori Island

Posted Dec 14, 2014

Obsidian Entertainment recently gifted would-be Skyforge players with some images of Naori Island, a one-time tropical resort located on Aelion.
Quote:
The island's idyllic days are over though, thanks to alien invaders, and players who land there won't have soft sand and tasty drinks waiting for them--they'll have hostile troops, wild animals, and dangerous sea creatures to contend with.
For a panoramic preview of Naori Island or more info about Skyforge, visit the game's official website.

Permalink | 0 comments

Read more at http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/p...ocFz2baYb3M.99

source: MMORPG.com