Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #526
TheGearMan
Newbie First Class

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elxiah View Post
No worries man. There are still people here. Most people, like me, have already finished our shooters a while ago and just pop in to help other people or just talk. We mostly hang out in the chatzy room. The only person that I know of that is still working on his is Wadaltmon, and I'm pretty sure he's going to stop soon as well. Some of us have been at it for years, so its nice to have the place a bit quiet (that is until the ASM2 fans rip this place to pieces like a virgin at a fraternity party).
Wait-- whaaat? You've built a working web shooter? May I see a picture?

Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #527
Elxiah
Side-Kick

can't find it at the moment lol haven't messed with it for almost a year! It's probably stuck buried in the rest of my other projects in my workshop. Don't have time to go looking for it right now, but when I do I'll put it up bro.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #528
Elxiah
Side-Kick

I can post how to make it if you want to try to do it too. It's pretty easy. Like SUPER easy. Effective too. Shoots far. One version uses CO2, one doesn't. Both of them work with cartridges. The both also look like guns, I made them to be accessories to custom airsoft guns. I guess you could make them wrist mounted, but I personally find that impractical and too much work. Plus just not for my purposes.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 AM   #529
S.P.I.D.E.R
Side-Kick

Hey guys. You can check out the progress on my shooter on my blog:
http://spidergadget.blogspot.co.uk

Last edited by S.P.I.D.E.R; 05-01-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #530
TheGearMan
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elxiah View Post
I can post how to make it if you want to try to do it too. It's pretty easy. Like SUPER easy. Effective too. Shoots far. One version uses CO2, one doesn't. Both of them work with cartridges. The both also look like guns, I made them to be accessories to custom airsoft guns. I guess you could make them wrist mounted, but I personally find that impractical and too much work. Plus just not for my purposes.
Sure, I wouldn't mind instructions. Did you work out a fluid, as well?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:31 AM   #531
symbioteshost
The Simple Peter Parker

Wow I have been following you guys for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time now. You guys seem like you're all doing really well still! And it definitely seems like you have all progressed a lot, as well as welcomed a lot of newcomers!

Old 03-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #532
Spider_Hero

Hey! I have an Idea for the Web shooter! I have a Co2 tank sketch in mind. Its small, and has some downs and ups. Here they are:

UPS:
-Is small, light, easy to carry on your wrist.
-Holds enough to be able to shoot a few webs.
-Has a thin line to have the Silk to travel through.

DOWNS:
-Only shoots about 5-10 shots.
-The output tube sometime falls out.
-The plastic may melt, tear, or rip exposed to head, or sharp objects.

And here's my Web formula: (Courtesy of White_Widow I think.)
-Super Glue
-Elmer's Glue
-Acetone Nail polish Remover

That's it for now, and I'll show you my Sketches and the Project while its in the Making. I'll be taking screen-shots from my tablet, and Uploading them here. Until then, i'll just be posting up here on SHH.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #533
Hii
Side-Kick

Hey I'm back how far have you guys gotten?

Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #534
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Okay, i think there is a lot of confusion here about what is and what is not already figured out. When White Widow left a year ago, he gave us a journal of all of his research, and told us to give it to newbies to get them all caught up. Here it is. Before anyone goes on with the webshooter, I recommend reading it carefully. THE WHOLE THING. Thank you.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=389245

Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #535
hobbitbox
Newbie First Class

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I posted here. I was just going over some of the old posts on here and in my notebook for the web shooters.

I was thinking about building a basic shooter device consisting of a tank with intake and release valves and two lengths of pressure tubing connecting wrist mounted solenoid valves to a T-joint leading to the pressure vessel, which would be kept in a backpack with a battery. The battery would operate the solenoids, the wires following the pressure tubing to the solenoid valves, which would be operated by Normally Open push button switches on the palm of each hand. There would also be some type of simple nozzle attached to the solenoid valves to focus the fluid.

This design would probably be used just for pressurized water and possibly to test various web fluids.... but the commercially available solenoid valves are quite bulky, so I was thinking, what if we attached some kind of mini electric motor to the top of a ball valve instead??

There are already electric ball valves in existence, but these appear to be just as bulky as the solenoids.

I'll try and post some pics later, still doing some research. Anyone have pics/updates on where you are with your projects? Would be awesome to see where you guys are at with the shooters/formula.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:15 PM   #536
tman
New User - Level 0

Hey guys, how does the spinneret move? Could it be moved by a turbine?

Old 04-11-2014, 01:41 AM   #537
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

Hello, I'm recently new and have been following this thread for a while. It seems to have slowed down quite a bit and was wondering if any of you thought it would pick up anytime soon. There was only two posts since the first which IMO seems slow. Thanks.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 AM   #538
spider,man
Side-Kick

That's because we spent most of our time on the chatzy page: http://chatzy.com/77444938461877

Old 04-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #539
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

Well then this shall be my attempt to revive it. I was reading some of my comics and saw that when Peter/Spidey shoots his web shooters the web is not always in a straight line. It consists of multiple lines of webbing that makes it stronger using a spinneret. If the spinneret is powered by a motor then the webbing will be intertwined. This we already know. The thing some people miss is that there are knots every 15 cm or so along the line which resembles barbed wire. This can be achieved if we make the motor spin faster after a certain amount of time. This will make the line stronger and hold more weight but if the spinneret is spinning too fast it will decrease the speed and how far the line shoots. If this has already been explained I am sorry for wasting you your time.

Old 04-22-2014, 06:57 AM   #540
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Actually, while I have privately considered a motor that could be programmed to move at different speeds, I don't think anyone has mentioned it on here with this particular application before. Good one! Need to think about it a bit first before I can reply to it from a scientific standpoint. Do you think you could upload a simple diagram of your idea?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 AM   #541
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Oh, and check this out. Here are some of widow's old designs. While they may be a bit outdated, some still some good stuff worth looking at. I think there's something about spinneret motor speeds and all. Also, ask wadaltmon about it a bit. He coded his own double tap and solenoid mechanisms, so he could give some advice on the software side of that.

http://technolgytheorist.deviantart.com/gallery/

Old 04-23-2014, 05:25 AM   #542
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

This is just theoretical though. I don't plan to build one until I have a solid plan and even then its going to take a while being in high school. Not enough time or resources. White_Widow's Designs seem pretty well thought out. I was reading his old thread and thought that he had the right idea. Anyone know why he left? I believe this link (http://technolgytheorist.deviantart....ette-244614944) was the one you were talking about. One of the problems though is that the motor would not be able to program itself. We would need a micro-controller such as the Tiny Arduino. This would also add more bulk the the shooter if you plan to add all the features it has in the comics. As for a diagram it would just be a crappy drawing on paint. Have any of you considered designing one on a 3D modeling tool such as Google Sketch up? Another theory I had is if you did create said Web-shooter with motors what is to stop the fluid from clogging up because the motor is running to fast for the fluid to escape. Hope this thread gets more attention. Guess it might be storming when TASM 2 comes out in America on May 2nd. In the Aus so I got to watch it on April 17th.

Last edited by Seafood; 04-23-2014 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error.
Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #543
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

Another thing I was thinking about is that we need a way to disconnect the web from the shooter so we could hold it if we wanted. This would require more bulk but an added feature. One of the frequent problems I have found is that the fluid is not strong enough, they could only hold a few grams or so. If the knotted idea works the majority of the pressure from the weight would be on the knots, not the string itself. This is the most basic idea I have to make the fluid stronger as I am only just starting Physics and Chem at school and have limited knowledge.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:26 AM   #544
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXp0XQYJAT4

This. This is what that guy was talking about on the other topic that no one goes on. It would be nice to replicate this as a substitute before we get a solid shooter going.

Old 04-25-2014, 07:08 AM   #545
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Yeah you would need a microcontroller. Wadaltmon uses one of those in his. It's not the big though, it can all almost fit into a small television remote case. You shouldn't have to worry about cutting the web of, it'll do that on its own when you stop shooting.

Old 04-25-2014, 06:39 PM   #546
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

Here's a crappy diagram: http://seafood111.deviantart.com/art...253A1398469009
I was wondering if it would make knots, or it would just make the web tighter. If we had in outside spinneret connected to the motor that ran at different speeds it might create some sort of knot. Even if you look when Peter hold his web most of the times there is one strand of web not in his hand that fallows up to create these knots.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #547
pllagunos
SPIDER

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uWC6heUXDcs
Hope this helps, the only truble I found in this spinnerete is thats it would be frustrating to put copper tubes and nichrome wires inside the valve (i have one of those valves and is nearly impossible to do that) what you could do with the valve is make at the tip king of with dimond shape ♦️so you could put the copper tubes inside it and then at the end all the filaments will join in the tip of the "dimond" and that way you save the trouble of cutting and messing with the valve.
I hope you understand sorry If you dont but its kind of difficult to explain for me.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:53 PM   #548
S.P.I.D.E.R
Side-Kick

@Hii
I read your earlier post about using household materials, and I think I have the solution:
https://spidergadget.blogspot.co.uk
I'll post some updates at the weekend.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:35 PM   #549
NextGenHero
The Dreamer

Is White Widow back yet?

Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #550
Seafood
The Bombastic Bag Man

Quote: