The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #76
Hii
Side-Kick

Default Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 3

I know I'm being so annoying and posting too many questions, but I really want to get started on this. Could someone please answer my previous questions? I am having a lot of trouble. One thing that is confusing me is that I don't know how everything is connected. Like are they screwed into eachother? If so, how do I get the right sizes? What kind of batteries power the heating system and solenoid? I really need an in-depth post explaining everything. Thank you in advance.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:50 PM   #77
marco18
Newbie First Class

Hey guys, I know I've been gone awhile, but I'm back.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #78
marco18
Newbie First Class

I also plan to swing on it,too.

Old 06-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #79
marco18
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hii View Post
I know I'm being so annoying and posting too many questions, but I really want to get started on this. Could someone please answer my previous questions? I am having a lot of trouble. One thing that is confusing me is that I don't know how everything is connected. Like are they screwed into eachother? If so, how do I get the right sizes? What kind of batteries power the heating system and solenoid? I really need an in-depth post explaining everything. Thank you in advance.

It's A ok Hii, many of the greatest minds in history have asked millions of questions. No qiestion is stupid. Even Jesus( I'm christian :P ) though he really knew it all, payed close attention to the teachers of his time and asked questions. And you're REALLY 11 years old? Wow, nice to know I'm not the only young kid out here XD.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #80
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco18 View Post
If I might quote my good friend Elxiah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elxiah View Post
let me make one thing clear, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SWING IN THIS THING. DO NOT ATTEMPT AND END UP KILLING YOURSELF. WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS FOR YEARS AND HAVE COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT NO FORMULA COULD HOLD YOU, AND EVEN IF IT COULD, EVEN AN OLYMPIC ATHLETE WOULDN'T HAVE THE STRENGTH TO DO IT. YOUR ARMS WOULD RIP OFF YOUR BODY. just wanted to clear that up.
There you go.

Anyway, school is out for the summer, so I will be filming the mixing of the formula and extrusion tonight. Hopefully I don't fail miserably.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:37 PM   #81
marco18
Newbie First Class

Good luck Wadaltmon. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure I won't fail .

Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #82
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Quote:
We used to have another guy who wanted to swing named nexgenhero. Im tired of giving this talk, so im just gonna repeat what i said to him:

Please please PLEASE get your mind off of swinging, I don't want to turn on the news one day and hear about a Super Hero Hype poster named NexGenHero that jumped off a building and died due to belief that his web shooters would work, and that we are all wanted to questioning. PLEASE, I'm not trying to ruin your fun, I just want you to be safe. So does everyone else in the forum. Listen to Wadaltmon, he knows more than all of us about these things. All of us here are your friends, and how would you feel if you suspected that your friend is attempting to jump off a building and have his life depend on a device built by a twelve year old? I'm just worried okay? We all are. I know that I'm not your mom or anything, but I know that she wouldn't encourage this.
Even though you said yourself, "Yeah I'm pretty sure that if I jumped of a building with the web shooters and attempted to swing on to a building my arms would disconnect from my body or the shooter would break and I would plum-it to the ground and die...
So yeah I have no intention on doing that!", it sounds like you're still set on it by asking questions like "For my base of the shooter I'm trying to look for something that wouldn't break if I were to jump off of a building with the shooter."

Its for the most part impossible right now to build one to swing on. If you still want to keep on the swinging shooters, I am going to tell you that web won't work. If it was strong enough to hold you. it would never come off once you grab it. You would have to use some sort of line, and even then you would have to go one building at a time, none of that tarzan junk. You body just couldn't handle it, and it would rip even some parkourists to pieces. If you won't give up, then I'm going to have to ask you to refrain from any more discussion of swinging on this forum, because it has been stated by the starter that its not to be discussed here. Robbie DID say though that he would create a place where you could go to do that. You wouldn't have to leave this forum, just don't talk about the swinging parts. I'm afraid that there won't be anyone over there at the moment because everyone there realized how ridiculous the notion was. The forum is called Real Grappling Gun here:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...811&highlight=

If thats not enough to convince you, then I'll have to resort to reminding you that swinging on building would be illegal on so many levels: reckless behavior, vandalism, trespassing, air traffic violations, etc. It is against the terms of service of Super Hero Hype to discuss the premeditation of illegal activities. I'm sorry, but this is for your own good. I hope that you can just listen to reason and stop this dangerous nonsense.

Old 06-14-2013, 11:39 PM   #83
Elxiah
Side-Kick

you have been warned

Old 06-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #84
Elxiah
Side-Kick

Repost: who wants to have a live chat about the webshooter project? Just go here!

Chatzy.com/23917052862350

Old 06-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #85
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Good luck Wadaltmon. But don't worry, I'm pretty sure I won't fail .
By the way, here's something you might want to check out. Head to the bottom of the page on the link I'm about to give you, bud.
http://realwebtech.webs.com/theory

Old 06-15-2013, 01:43 PM   #86
reindeer30
Newbie First Class

Ahh im back! sorry for being off for about 3 weeks, i had my latin exams...
Anyways, it seems we are making great progress? im just popping in for about 2 days then im off to complete my latin course and my statistics..

Old 06-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #87
spidey44
Side-Kick

I put up some pics on realwebtech, a few of you have already seen them.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #88
reindeer30
Newbie First Class

Yeah don't swing off buildings guys..

Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #89
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by reindeer30 View Post
Thank you.

Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 AM   #90
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

New video with me shooting the web spray: it is only preliminary!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd6tG-zg2l8

Old 06-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #91
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I just modified the shooter. It can now shoot up to 18 feet and 2.5 inches, that's how far I was able to shoot it anyway.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM   #92
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by reindeer30 View Post
well unless youre a)a person with a death wish or b)strong as a super soldier (which i doubt)

Old 06-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #93
Elxiah
Side-Kick

hey everyone. i've already talked this over with the current oldest members of this forum, who have given me the okay to bring this idea up to everyone else. The thing is...we're talking about technology and science and stuff...but this site is for discussing pop culture and current events. And that's not really what we're doing. other than the fact that it has to do with spider-man, i just don't believe that what we're talking about belongs to a more science and technology centered website. And I know that some people here also have other projects that they're doing, that don't have anything to do about comic books. So what I'm really trying to say here is...who wants to move to our own site? With our own forums. You can talk about anything technology related. Electronic hardware, software and code, mechanical engineering, anything. I have already completed creating the majority of the site, but before i publish it, i wanted to bring up the ideas to you guys. I will post a poll, and please leave your comments and ideas here.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #94
spidey1081
Newbie First Class

Can someone post the link to the web formula forum...?

Old 06-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #95
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=388121

1. Go to the top of the page
2. Press on "Products"
3. Go to "Webbing formula - Part 1"

Old 06-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #96
Elxiah
Side-Kick

...i dare you to say you want to swing...i dare you...

Old 06-24-2013, 06:51 PM   #97
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I want to swing

Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #98
reindeer30
Newbie First Class

Yeah, i agree with the whole making a new website thing. It sounds cool and will allow us to create other pieces of technology, so yeah definitely a big yes!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #99
goku9600
Side-Kick

Doh Re: Web shooter shop class - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
I want to swing
http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/wall.gif http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/doh.gif

Old 06-25-2013, 11:51 PM   #100
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I was just making a joke to Elxiah, since he said "Just say you want to swing... I dare you...". Just messing around.

Closed Thread