The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results: Will it be a success?
Yes 9 32.14%
No 19 67.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2014, 09:54 AM   #26
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Default Re: Do you think this film will be as successful as Transformers?

Transformers was something that was begging to be adapted into a movie since the tv series debuted back in the early 80's.

Most people who grew up on TMNT have seen live action TMNT movies. Been there, done that.

Without the novelty factor or the spectacle of huge, transforming robots you're looking at GI Joe number at best.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:54 AM   #27
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

TMNT has a pretty popular cartoon that is still airing new episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a pretty good success.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:35 AM   #28
Mutante
Banned User

Not even close.

Mutante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:58 PM   #29
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

I'm at the point where I would be really surprised if this movie became a hit. Not that I'm predicting failure, but I think even if it does well, it'll be a moderate success rather than a smash hit. With the summer blockbuster season about to start, there not only isn't any hype, most people don't even know this project exists. A really good trailer/ad campaign could change that, but as things are now, I'm expecting this will likely do about as well as TMNT, a moderate success but not enough to warrant a sequel.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:12 PM   #30
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaron View Post
I'm at the point where I would be really surprised if this movie became a hit. Not that I'm predicting failure, but I think even if it does well, it'll be a moderate success rather than a smash hit. With the summer blockbuster season about to start, there not only isn't any hype, most people don't even know this project exists. A really good trailer/ad campaign could change that, but as things are now, I'm expecting this will likely do about as well as TMNT, a moderate success but not enough to warrant a sequel.
I don't know. Like you said, a good trailer can change all the nonexistent marketing and with social media it'll spread like wildfire. Now the movie has to be good itself to warrant sequels even though Fitchner said he is signed on for 3 films

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:46 AM   #31
Zaron
nerdy nerd dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I don't know. Like you said, a good trailer can change all the nonexistent marketing and with social media it'll spread like wildfire. Now the movie has to be good itself to warrant sequels even though Fitchner said he is signed on for 3 films
Multi-film contracts are pretty standard to franchises like this these days. It's more of a recast insurance than anything else.

Still, every week that goes by is time spent with people being completely unaware that the movie even exists. Sure, everyone on this forum knows about it, and pretty much everyone who frequents movie news sites will be aware when something official finally drops, but the general audience? I know people who are unaware a new Robocop exists, and that is in theaters! The less time the marketing campaign has before the release date, the higher the pressure will be to create a lot of buzz to make up for lost time. If this movie does poorly at the box office, you just know the first thing everyone will be saying is that it wasn't promoted properly.

Zaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #32
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

They need to start releasing stuff by the end of this month. It's a bit ridiculous now

Old 02-26-2014, 04:44 PM   #33
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Yeah, this movie has like no hype going for it (Transformers had one little teaser, like nearly 2 years in advanced)

This trailer better be knocking the ball out of the park if they expect this movie to do good. I still don't understand the damn secrecy about it all and stuff.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #34
Kato
Banned User

Im sorry, but not even close.

Kato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #35
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Well it's beyond ridiculous now. March 12th and we haven't got squat...why?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 PM   #36
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Again, I say it depends on the trailer. If the trailer wows people, it will be a hit.

Nickelodeon has a good thing going for it with their show but those who like the show might be expecting to see THAT in the theater and those who grew up with the 80's-90's cartoon or the original Eastman and Laird run want to see their versions. With all the changes made for this reboot film, Bay pissing off fans earlier when this film was announced not to mention the constant release-date pushbacks and piss-poor marketing for the film, I think it might get number one or number 2 at the box-office but taper off quick.

I just think Marvel is going to own the box-office in August with "GOTG."

Old 03-15-2014, 08:10 AM   #37
Lord
All Mighty

As big as Transformers? I really don't think it will come even close, it will make good money, but right now there's really no hype behind this movie, i sometimes even Forget it's coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ebert
Most of the executives in Hollywood - in fact almost everyone in the movie industry - is smarter than almost all of the movies they make, and they know it. They're just not smart enough not to make them.
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote