The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #126
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official X-Men: Days of Future Past Merchandise

Don't count on any action figures.

The only news on merchandize for DOFP Is fox has made deals with 2 resturants to try to promate DOFP.Just like First Class and the wolverine Fox is very limited with how they can
promate DOFP.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #127
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbass View Post
Any news yet on the action figures ?
No, but don't expect anything like when the first X-Men movie came out. If anything we can at least expect a new Wolverine figure and maybe a Magneto. Marvel released two Wolverines and a silver samurai when The Wolverine came out.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #128
merbass
Side-Kick

It's a shame. With so many interesting characters, it would be cool to have action figures.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #129
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

For me, I just want the videogames.

Even if Fox has the rights for merchandises, I doubt they would release action figures for all 20 characters in the movie. For me, they don't appeal that much.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #130
merbass
Side-Kick

I have a feeling they will release numerous poses of wolverine.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #131
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post

Even if Fox has the rights for merchandises, I doubt they would release action figures for all 20 characters in the movie. For me, they don't appeal that much.
You probally won't be getting any videogames as long as Fox has the film rights to X-Men.You haven't gotten any since 2009.Ever since DIsney bought Marvel you have seen almost nothing In Merchandise.

Inless Fox themselves choose not to release any Merchandise for First class and the wolverine.But that would make them total Idiots.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:12 PM   #132
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You probally won't be getting any videogames as long as Fox has the film rights to X-Men.You haven't gotten any since 2009.
X-Men: Destiny was released in 2011 and Deadpool just a few months ago, not to mention the X-Men have been heavily featured in titles like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Marvel Heroes, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, etc. It's not all doom and gloom.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #133
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would be content if Marvel Legends released a fig of one (or all) of the following film characters: Rogue, Kitty Pryde, and Fassneto. Or at least a nicely scaled movie sentinel fig.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:29 PM   #134
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
X-Men: Destiny was released in 2011 and Deadpool just a few months ago, not to mention the X-Men have been heavily featured in titles like Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Marvel Heroes, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, etc. It's not all doom and gloom.
Those comic version of X-Men.No video games of film versions like there were
with X2,last stand,and origins.Nothing that would tie in to films.Or be video game versions of films.

Old 11-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #135
BMM
Side-Kick

I'm fine with that, as the video games based on the books have more variety to them.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #136
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

I like the Art Of... books.

I also want all the material from the viral sites added on to the eventual Blu-ray release.

Not so bothered about other merchandising like video games, as I'm not a gamer.

My existing X-merchandise consists of the novelisations and Art Of... books, a large Nightcrawler action figure from X2, a light-up Storm from X1 (my other half laughs hysterically when I lift Storm's arm and make the base light up with the lightning effect) and also an X-Men First Class stationery set with mouse mat, ruler, pencils, rubber and pencil sharpener.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #137
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Outside of the tie-in game for Origins, which was great, the movie tie-in games haven't been very good. I'd settle for an updated X-Men Legends game. Those games were awesome.

I'd love to have the "Art of..." books back as well, along with the novelizations.

I have trading card sets for the first three movies and Origins, but they haven't done any since. Would love to see those come back.

And it would be great to have some action figures again! My nephew is starting to get into X-Men now. He has more Avengers figures than he knows what do with, but there just aren't any X-Men action figures, outside of Wolverine. And yes, I got him one of those.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #138
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Just want to see how many heads explode here at the sight of this.

I took that picture at the big Toys R Us in Times Square a few weeks ago (which has a huge Marvel superheroes section).

I can't say it's not a toy aisle after my own heart...but yeah, it would be nice to see a something comparable when DOFP gets here next year.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #139
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:

The Origins:Wolverine game was better than the movie. The second best Movie-tie in game available (only beaten by SpiderMan 2) imo.

GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:30 PM   #140
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

@Danoyse:

Talk about Wolverine overload, haha.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #141
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenUsername View Post
The Origins:Wolverine game was better than the movie. The second best Movie-tie in game available (only beaten by SpiderMan 2) imo.
About videogames, I just want Marvel to release a new X-Men videogame where there's at least 15 to 20 X-Men playable characters. I don't mind if they aren't connected to the movies.

I'm still disappointed with that X-Men Destiny game, where you couldn't play any of the X-Men. And the Deadpool game... well I haven't bought it yet but watching the walkthroughs, its not making me want to buy the game especially with the over-load of breaking the 4th wall scenes.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #142
GenUsername
Side-Kick

Quote:
About videogames, I just want Marvel to release a new X-Men videogame where there's at least 15 to 20 X-Men playable characters. I don't mind if they aren't connected to the movies.

I'm still disappointed with that X-Men Destiny game, where you couldn't play any of the X-Men. And the Deadpool game... well I haven't bought it yet but watching the walkthroughs, its not making me want to buy the game especially with the over-load of breaking the 4th wall scenes.
They need a brand new Marvel Nemesis. Jam all the characters in one game and let them beat the life out of each other. I had blisters from overplaying that game.

You're right though, they need a new Xmen game, I don't think I've seen one since 2004. The DeadPool game got annoying FAST, without a load of marvel characters making cameos every ten minutes in pretty sure the movie will turn out the same. It's decent, just put the TV on mute.

GenUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #143
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The last X-Men videogame (where you can play X-Men characters) came out in 2006, that was the X3 videogame where you can play Nightcrawler, Iceman and Wolverine.

X-Men Legends came out in 2004 and X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse came out in 2005.

The rest are not full X-Men games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel VS Capcom 3, Lego, Super Hero Squad, Origins: Wolverine, Deadpool.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #144
krycek
Side-Kick

There was a rumour a month or so ago that there's going to be some new X-Men Lego sets alongside Guardians of the Galaxy next year to tie in with the release of the new movies. No idea if the sets are going to resemble the film or the comics, but at least its something.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:11 AM   #145
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
a light-up Storm from X1 (my other half laughs hysterically when I lift Storm's arm and make the base light up with the lightning effect)
That eventual Storm figure from X-men was such a let-down. I remember seeing pics of the prototype of the figure from online (or was it from Wizard Magazine/Toyfare) and being highly impressed by the likeness. And then that sh***y toy happened

That said, I wish Toybiz was still doing the action figures and not these current dinky little things that look like they would fall apart easily

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 12:20 AM   #146
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krycek View Post
There was a rumour a month or so ago that there's going to be some new X-Men Lego sets alongside Guardians of the Galaxy next year to tie in with the release of the new movies. No idea if the sets are going to resemble the film or the comics, but at least its something.
Thats not a X-Men videogame though, its a Marvel videogame just like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #147
krycek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thats not a X-Men videogame though, its a Marvel videogame just like Marvel Ultimate Alliance.
I was talking about the actual Lego toy sets that you build, not the videogame.

krycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #148
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I'm sure we'll get a Sideshow or Gentle Giant collectible figure or bust…most likely Wolverine or Magneto---(which makes me think, was that Sideshow(?) First Class Xavier ever released?)

But as far as Hasbro with Marvel Legends or an X-Men line…probably not…I'm going to have to agree with marvelrobbins on this one. I also remember, it took a few years to actually get the few X3 characters we did get in the Marvel Legends line and the quality was…meh...

I'm actually okay with the lack of merch though. Minus X-Men Origins Wolverine, most recent X-Men gaming offerings were abysmal---I really, really tried with Destiny, I tempted to pick up Deadpool, maybe there will be a deal somewhere tomorrow.... Action Figure wise, I don't think things will ever be like X1--theaters and stores with different exclusive film sequel/prequel comics, all the toy displays…I remember those days well…I also can't believe it's about 13 and a half years later...

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #149
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

I would hope there will be 1 or 2 Marvel Select figures at least. The one from The Wolverine was cool.

henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #150
Retroman
Side-Kick

Really hoping there's some decent merchandise and tie-ins to choose from this time around to add to my collection (i have something from each movie). An Art Of... book would be a great way to start things off. First Class had one but it was only released with the Blu-Ray in select Asian, European (not mine) and Latin American countries.

Some scans:http://mycollections1080p.blogspot.c...1_archive.html