The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #51
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

doesn't look like they did Raimi's

http://www.wetanz.com/projects/

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #52
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
doesn't look like they did Raimi's

http://www.wetanz.com/projects/
I see. I saw they did stuff with TASM. Why is it a big deal if they're working on TASM2?

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #53
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideyfan93 View Post
I may or may not have heard things concerning Green Goblin yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
I see. I saw they did stuff with TASM. Why is it a big deal if they're working on TASM2?
well, it probably isnt. I'll bet they are working on the CGI and Mocap for Rhino and Electro.

I was just saying I don't want Monster Goblin. Because what's-his-name said something about WETA working on character designs (possibly for Goblin)

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #54
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
well, it probably isnt. I'll bet they are working on the CGI and Mocap for Rhino and Electro.

I was just saying I don't want Monster Goblin. Because what's-his-name said something about WETA working on character designs (possibly for Goblin)
I see. Yeah probably.
Why don't you want "monster goblin"? You want like 616 Green Goblin

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #55
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
I see. Yeah probably.
Why don't you want "monster goblin"? You want like 616 Green Goblin
Y'know, I grew up with Ultimate Spider-Man. It's really the first comic I started from issue one. And I liked Monster Goblin in that context. Just like I liked cancer-suit Venom. And Brainy Janey and bad-girl Gwen. It all worked well in that universe.

But after I got into 616, the contrast between the villains in their original states started making more sense to me. Why have big green Monster Goblin when you have Lizard? The masked psychopath Norman Osborn just became a lot more interesting to me than the fireball hurling hulk. Imagine a villain who knows what he is doing when he attempts to murder Gwen. As opposed to a mindless behemoth who probably can't control himself.

Personal preference of course, but I think having a proper halloween costumed Gobby would be just what this series needs. I am not, however, opposed to a nod to Ultimate Goblin. Maybe some residual scales leftover from Connor's Lizard-serum. Bright orange eyes? But in the end I want to see this creep:



Plus I don't believe Ultimate Gobby ever had a Glider. The Glider is half of the fun when it comes to Spidey VS Gobby mid-air brawls.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #56
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Y'know, I grew up with Ultimate Spider-Man. It's really the first comic I started from issue one. And I liked Monster Goblin in that context. Just like I liked cancer-suit Venom. And Brainy Janey and bad-girl Gwen. It all worked well in that universe.

But after I got into 616, the contrast between the villains in their original states started making more sense to me. Why have big green Monster Goblin when you have Lizard? The masked psychopath Norman Osborn just became a lot more interesting to me than the fireball hurling hulk. Imagine a villain who knows what he is doing when he attempts to murder Gwen. As opposed to a mindless behemoth who probably can't control himself.

Personal preference of course, but I think having a proper halloween costumed Gobby would be just what this series needs. I am not, however, opposed to a nod to Ultimate Goblin. Maybe some residual scales leftover from Connor's Lizard-serum. Bright orange eyes? But in the end I want to see this creep:



Plus I don't believe Ultimate Gobby ever had a Glider. The Glider is half of the fun when it comes to Spidey VS Gobby mid-air brawls.
Totally get you. They are totally different villains. Ultimate Goblin and 616 Green Goblin.

I just can't see them going the same route as Raimi's did. By that I mean a guy behind a mask on a glider creating terror. They know they have to do something different.
Btw, I think it's awesome that you started with Ultimate Spider-Man.

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM   #57
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Totally get you. They are totally different villains. Ultimate Goblin and 616 Green Goblin.

I just can't see them going the same route as Raimi's did. By that I mean a guy behind a mask on a glider creating terror. They know they have to do something different.
Btw, I think it's awesome that you started with Ultimate Spider-Man.
Purely out of convenience. I believe I was nine. I went to Atomic Comics with my dad and felt a little overwhelmed. So the clerk recommended I start there. Considering Essential collections were in boring black and white and Amazing Spider-Man #1 costs what? A million dollars?

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #58
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

No Goblin please

3 Villians and they will be going into Spider-man 3's territory

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Purely out of convenience. I believe I was nine. I went to Atomic Comics with my dad and felt a little overwhelmed. So the clerk recommended I start there. Considering Essential collections were in boring black and white and Amazing Spider-Man #1 costs what? A million dollars?
Hahah I don't think I'll ever own ASM #1 in my lifetime, sadly.
I think USM would be such a great book to start off with though. When I was younger, my first Spider-Man book was when it was remembered and in Vol. 2.

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:21 PM   #60
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
No Goblin please

3 Villians and they will be going into Spider-man 3's territory
What if it was handled correctly? And efficiently?

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #61
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers
 
Repulsor Blast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 3,304
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
Ah. Sometimes I feel like such a ditz haha. Yeah #1 is the most likely reason. #2 could accompany that.
be better if he isn't swinging because he's ran out of web, don't ya think? presumably he uses a decent amount during the truck chase sequence.

heck, it may even be in part why he is late for graduation.

__________________
Looks like you're a born loooooooooooooooserrrrrrrr

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #62
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"
 
Nicko-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: LA, CA
Posts: 7,009
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
be better if he isn't swinging because he's ran out of web, don't ya think? presumably he uses a decent amount during the truck chase sequence.

heck, it may even be in part why he is late for graduation.
That'd be a cool little something to throw in, yeah. Very classic Spidey.

__________________
TWITTER : @nickoray



Nicko-Ray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #63
Victarion
Dolt
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,893
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

I would be fine with a mutated Green Goblin who is more lithe (and less bulky than the Ultimate version) and uses a glider like 616 version.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #64
AnneFan
Hathaway #1
 
AnneFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,559
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
be better if he isn't swinging because he's ran out of web, don't ya think? presumably he uses a decent amount during the truck chase sequence.

heck, it may even be in part why he is late for graduation.
I'd like that, good idea.

__________________
I dreamed a dream and "it came true."
- Anne Hathaway, actress in a supporting role winner 2013 Oscars.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #65
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko-Ray View Post
What if it was handled correctly? And efficiently?
Ever seen a 3 villain superhero movie being correctly handled?

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:48 AM   #66
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Bb/tdk/tdkr.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #67
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,291
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

If they do have green goblin appear it will most likely just be a cameo

If he is just there its just to set up next film or kill gwen to set up next film

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #68
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Bb/tdk/tdkr.
Wont call Maroni/Falconi or Selina Kyle villain per se

Wont mind Norman Osborn acting as a villain behind the scenes but I wouldn't want GG to appear in TASM-2

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #69
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,291
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Electro is the main villain and it doesn't take much to work out why that is, if goblin does appear it will be like a twist cameo just after electro is defeated

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #70
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Wont call Maroni/Falconi or Selina Kyle villain per se

Wont mind Norman Osborn acting as a villain behind the scenes but I wouldn't want GG to appear in TASM-2
The brilliance of that trilogy was that it didn't just label and use the antagonists as "villains", like Raimi mistakingly did in SM3. TASM2 needs to do that and it's set. R.H.I.N.O. can easily be used in such a capacity.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #71
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
The brilliance of that trilogy was that it didn't just label and use the antagonists as "villains", like Raimi mistakingly did in SM3. TASM2 needs to do that and it's set. R.H.I.N.O. can easily be used in such a capacity.
Well,when you give them super powers,they are automatically labeled as Villains

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #72
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,827
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Wont call Maroni/Falconi or Selina Kyle villain per se

Wont mind Norman Osborn acting as a villain behind the scenes but I wouldn't want GG to appear in TASM-2
agreed. better question wouldve been "Ever seen a 3 supervillain movie done well?"

To which my best answer is Thor (Loki/Laufey/Destroyer).

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #73
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderdevil View Post
Well,when you give them super powers,they are automatically labeled as Villains
You do know that villain doesn't necessarily mean a character that possesses superpowers, right?

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #74
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender
 
Gianakin_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 19,287
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
agreed. better question wouldve been "Ever seen a 3 supervillain movie done well?"

To which my best answer is Thor (Loki/Laufey/Destroyer).
That is a better question. But I consider Thor a superpowered romcom, and a mediocre one at that, so I have to disagree.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #75
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick
 
Spiderdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,070
Default Re: "My Spider-sense is tingling" The Spoiler talk thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
You do know that villain doesn't necessarily mean a character that possesses superpowers, right?
Yeah

As proxytoxin said what I really meant was

"Ever seen a 3 supervillain movie done well?"

Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.