The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Are the screening responses a good sign for MOS?
Yes. 46 73.02%
No. 2 3.17%
I don't think they mean much. 15 23.81%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #26
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread - Part 1

^ He's probably lying. Even when SR came out, a bunch of fans were happy to see a new Superman film come out. As time went by, the flaws became magnified, especially in the wake of TDK, Iron Man, or TA. Or even Spider-Man 2 before that.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #27
DvilDog
Side-Kick

I was one of those fans who loved SR the first couple of times I watched it. The plane scene and lifting NK were awesome! Oh and watching him get shot in the eye!! Who can forget that!

Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #28
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ True. Ironically, the eyeball bouncing shot felt the most Zack Snyderish of SR. I feel like ZS was MEANT to do Superman.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #29
moviefan!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvilDog View Post
I was one of those fans who loved SR the first couple of times I watched it. The plane scene and lifting NK were awesome! Oh and watching him get shot in the eye!! Who can forget that!
that shot in the eye was the most ridiculous scene i ever saw in an action movie, so over the top cheesy

Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #30
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^I thought it was awesome. But calling SR an action movie is kind of disturbing

Old 06-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #31
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
^I thought it was awesome. But calling SR an action movie is kind of disturbing
Indeed. Man of lifting things. He can lift planes, cars, Daily Planet globes and New Krypton!

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
moviefan!
Side-Kick

never forget

Old 06-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #33
The Sage
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

There's a SR section in the forums. Keep the talk here on MOS.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #34
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Yes. SR gets too much hate. Without it, we probably wouldn't be able to get MOS, or understand the dangers of holding on to the past.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 PM   #35
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Default Re: TMOS Review & Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

Poni_boy of Dailyblam: Since it has some criticisms, I would actually think that's a good sign in validity, since adding negative elements risks losing validity, against the other glowing reception. However, he said that critics attended a "family and friends screening." Right
I trust Poni the most out of that list. Never been steered wrong by him.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 06-03-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wouldn't trust Poni; assuming if I'm wrong about this, he was the one that was mentioning all of these very "fake" spoilers for the Avengers prior to its release, claiming it to be true.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 PM   #37
WilliamMcGuire
Side-Kick

Hey guys, I'm the gentleman who posted the spoilers at CBR and non spoiler review on my blog legionofsuperfans.blogspot.com

I got some pretty harsh responses in the previous thread and I wanted to defend myself. I post under my real name, and I am not going to look like a jackass over a movie that comes out in 9 days. It does me no good. The review is very legitimate and reflects both what I liked and what I hated about the movie and I stand by it.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #38
Heyparker
Side-Kick

A guy on twitter named Robert Workman, who I trust saw the movie, albeit not 100 percent certain, gave it a solid 8 of 10, with some brief thoughts. He also stated a full review would come later tonight.

"So, the verdict on Man of Steel...flawed, but still the best Superman movie in like 30 years. That's saying something."

https://twitter.com/TheDCD/status/341763858727309312

Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #39
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wouldn't trust Poni; assuming if I'm wrong about this, he was the one that was mentioning all of these very "fake" spoilers for the Avengers prior to its release, claiming it to be true.
Never saw that if he did, but everything else he's said and/or provided has been legit. He's one of the few in the know from time to time that I respect and trust.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #40
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamMcGuire View Post
Hey guys, I'm the gentleman who posted the spoilers at CBR and non spoiler review on my blog legionofsuperfans.blogspot.com

I got some pretty harsh responses in the previous thread and I wanted to defend myself. I post under my real name, and I am not going to look like a jackass over a movie that comes out in 9 days. It does me no good. The review is very legitimate and reflects both what I liked and what I hated about the movie and I stand by it.
You the one that said superman snap Zod neck?What happen to the other krytonians?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #41
WilliamMcGuire
Side-Kick

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They are destroyed in the singularity when Lois and Hamilton crash Kal El's ship's light speed drive with the Black Zero's light speed drive.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:27 PM   #42
moviefan!
Side-Kick

Quote:
They are destroyed in the singularity when Lois and Hamilton crash Kal El's ship's light speed drive with the Black Zero's light speed drive.
ill reserve my judgements on that until the 2 people here see it tommorow and confirm

Old 06-03-2013, 11:39 PM   #43
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sorry but I still don't buy it, hope is the last thing you lose, I just can't believe this movie will give me a Superman that kills. 2 SHH members are watching it tomorrow, I'll wait for them to debunk or confirm this rumor.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #44
X Knight
Straight Edge

Quote:

Hi William,

Are you allowed to discuss other spoilers from the movie?

If so

1. Why is Superman forced to snap Zod's neck and kill him? Does Superman attempt to resolve the situation first without killing?

2. Does Jor-El die on Krypton? Is he using a hologram to communicate with Clark?

3. Does Clark ever fly without his suit on? Does it ever suggest the suit gives him the power to fly?

4. What is the final shot of the movie?

thanks.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #45
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I really do think WilliamMcGuire is the real deal, guys. Somebody on the CBR forum held the same reserved judgements until they heard from their person at the screening. That person confirmed the rumor and the CBR forum member apologized for being skeptic about the rumor and being harsh.

Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 PM   #46
robot
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Sorry but I still don't buy it, hope is the last thing you lose, I just can't believe this movie will give me a Superman that kills. 2 SHH members are watching it tomorrow, I'll wait for them to debunk or confirm this rumor.
I don't get this 'Superman Don't Kill' ... The Donner's superman kills, SR kills, even in the cartoons he kills... in the cartoons more direct, blasting entire ships, etc...

So, what's the problem here? A superman that doesn't kill in any situation is not a very smart superman. There are genuinely evil guys out there...

Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #47
WilliamMcGuire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
Hi William,

Are you allowed to discuss other spoilers from the movie?

If so

1. Why is Superman forced to snap Zod's neck and kill him? Does Superman attempt to resolve the situation first without killing?

2. Does Jor-El die on Krypton? Is he using a hologram to communicate with Clark?

3. Does Clark ever fly without his suit on? Does it ever suggest the suit gives him the power to fly?

4. What is the final shot of the movie?

thanks.

1. To be honest... he panics. People are about to die horribly in front of him, and he makes a snap decision (pun intended). He was holding onto him; pinning him down. Why didn't he just fly away? Because he panicked.

2. Jor El DOES die on Krypton, but not from the usual causes.

3. The film never suggests he gets his powers from the suit. It is quite explicit that it is combination of the yellow sun; gravity; and Earth's atmosphere that gives him his powers.

"Welcome to the planet, Clark."
"I'm happy to be here, Lois."

MAN OF STEEL

Old 06-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #48
moviefan!
Side-Kick

The problem with the Williams review is he spends 8 paragraphs on somethings which takes 40 minutes and 6 lines in 1 paragraph on Action which takes 50 minutes of the movie. The Action element is an overlooked fact in his review of Superman (its all about action unlike SR). I will go in more for the action than the story which from all legit accounts is a simple no nonsense or manipulated take. similar to Avengers where the only reason people liked it was the action while the story stunk I will go in with the same mindset and will prob be wowed like I was by Avengers. The ending is legit that Williams described but Williams perception of the ending is vastly different than what the other 2 sources told me an hour ago. It works in THIS movie and NOT contrived like Williams says because it is meant to ESTABLISH Superman as a character being in his first fight of meaning. I would have been saying contrived if this was MoS 2. but this is the Origin story. the Ending pretty much WILL define Superman AND clark Kent in all future sequels and Justice League Movies which have bigger and worse villians

Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #49
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

If VERY CERTAIN spicifics, like Sups Snapping necks are discussed, can you guys please put a spoiler on that kinda stuff?! Weather it's a confirmed spoiler or not, that is something I am sure many don't want to know.

I understand this is the spoiler thread, and I know many things maybe some of you don't, so I am good for some spoilers, but things like Sups snapping someones neck, naming villians names and potentially spoiling the end of the movie, is a NO GO!!!

Can you people (whoever you are) keep it at a low please and hide your spoilers.

Thx

Ether

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #50
WilliamMcGuire
Side-Kick

I'm sorry moviefan! but to me, as a reviewer, those themes and the retelling of the Superman myth are much more important than the action scenes since I can't represent how visceral they were in print. I took pains to say they were great, but I felt an obligation to my fellow super fans to talk about thematic concerns only... until my IRL buddies have seen it and we can discuss specific plot elements.

It's the most awkward review I've ever done, to be sure.

Closed Thread